Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

Is there really any need for that? Try and respond in a respectful way,

Subtly, this person is insulting my views trying to say what I think is stupid and IM stupid. When I posted that post I didn't call out anybody in particular, I appreciate all of you here honestly, but she started it 

Christopher Steele, the MI6 officer who gathered the information in the dossier, has gone into hiding in fear of his life. He has a big successful business and a family. Would he risk losing all that and his reputation if he didn't think the information was true? :think:

Apparently he had worked with the FBI before because he was also the guy that was hired to uncover the corruption at FIFA during that whole scandal. He had conducted espionage before in Russia on behalf of MI6.

He was hired by Jeb Bush to dig up oppo research on Trump. After Trump won the nomination, the info he dug up was given to the Democratic party. He gave it to the FBI too, but grew impatient with their investigation (he thought they were covering it up, the FBI said that they didn't want to influence the election), so he handed it over to the media where it circulated for months, but since no one was able to corroborate the claims it was never published only alluded to. Other people in the government had seen it too, which is why back in October Harry Reid accused the FBI of holding back information that would be damaging to Trump, and everyone said Reid was just being a hack trying to make Hillary look better.

I honestly think there might be some truth to the stuff in the dossier. :think:

3 hours ago, Kim said:

The insidious right wing element of this place trying to pass themselves off an "neutral" while quoting from faux news and The Daily Fail and only ever having anything to say about anything remotely liberal and progressive...

tenor.gif

This. 100 % 

14 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Christopher Steele, the MI6 officer who gathered the information in the dossier, has gone into hiding in fear of his life. He has a big successful business and a family. Would he risk losing all that and his reputation if he didn't think the information was true? :think:

Apparently he had worked with the FBI before because he was also the guy that was hired to uncover the corruption at FIFA during that whole scandal. He had conducted espionage before in Russia on behalf of MI6.

He was hired by Jeb Bush to dig up oppo research on Trump. After Trump won the nomination, the info he dug up was given to the Democratic party. He gave it to the FBI too, but grew impatient with their investigation (he thought they were covering it up, the FBI said that they didn't want to influence the election), so he handed it over to the media where it circulated for months, but since no one was able to corroborate the claims it was never published only alluded to. Other people in the government had seen it too, which is why back in October Harry Reid accused the FBI of holding back information that would be damaging to Trump, and everyone said Reid was just being a hack trying to make Hillary look better.

Oh, but nobody should report on it :lmao:

3 hours ago, mnino said:

Quoting Fox News to counter a liberal argument is not a subtle way of concealing a right wing agenda. :lmao:

There's neutral and then there's Fox News quoters. 

You're not neutral though. Why you keep saying you are? What are you afraid of? The reason why I think you're not is because all you have been doing is mocking of undermining my views so how can you be entirely neutral when you certainly don't agree with a certain point of view?  And I'm not barking at anyone let alone a tree. 

5 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Oh, but nobody should report on it :lmao:

I never said that. I said the details shouldn't have been published until they had something concrete. Now everyone can think it's fake when it actually comes from a legitimate source.

CNN did it the right way. Buzzfeed bit the bullet and caused more harm than good.

16 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Yes and let's not forget how Trump has always denied any sort of relationship with Putin and that was a lie. He played down any sort of relations with Russia and to this day I still wonder why. Why not admitting to it? 

1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes and let's not forget how Trump has always denied any sort of relationship with Putin and that was a lie. He played down any sort of relations with Russia and to this day I still wonder why. Why not admitting to it? 

Trump never admits to anything.  He deflects and attacks instead. Watch his news conferences and he never properly answers questions.   Now he is ridiculing journalists openly and refusing to answer their questions at press conferences.  People keep defending his behaviour as well so he will continue to get away with this.  

5 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

The only reason to deny it is because he has something to hide.

Donald Trump Jr. said "we see a lot of money pouring in from Russia", Ivanka vacationed with Putin's girlfriend and Trump himself admitted to knowing him. There's just too many links for it to be a coincidence.

28 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

It is music to Trump's ears.   A way of bread and circuses so to speak to distract people from the real issues and the policies that he wants to implement.  

Exactly. And all just a way for him to point to the media in future and say "THEY'RE LYING, THEY LIED ABOUT THAT THEY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING".

It's all a set up. 

As for rich old man hiring pissing whores. BIG WOW. Like that's not a daily occurrence. This degenerate could be proven as a paedo or child murderer and his supporters would keep on supportin'.

The piss is the least important part of the whole thing. Colluding with a foreign government in order to undermine a US election is an impeachable offense.

This is not music to Trump's ears. This isn't Mike Pence getting booed at Hamilton. The FBI is involved and people are asking questions.

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Exactly. And all just a way for him to point to the media in future and say "THEY'RE LYING, THEY LIED ABOUT THAT THEY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING".

It's all a set up. 

As for rich old man hiring pissing whores. BIG WOW. Like that's not a daily occurrence. This degenerate could be proven as a paedo or child murderer and his supporters would keep on supportin'.

Exactly.   And already people are taking the bait by ridiculing Anderson Cooper and CNN while praising Trump's media supporters.    It is frightening how people keep defending Trump and ignoring not only who he is hiring, his polices, his actions but finding excuses for him. 

5 hours ago, mnino said:

When you're on the fence, you can see both sides.

And before people go all...

206486_10150169668432671_202794322670_73

No real injustice has happened yet. He's not even president yet.

I'll save my energy to when it's really needed. 

No real injustice happened yet? Go tell that to the tax man. Trump must have scammed the system by the millions for him to completely admit he's got no intention to reveal his tax return. He knows he would be in deep shit. 

3 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

The piss is the least important part of the whole thing. Colluding with a foreign government in order to undermine a US election is an impeachable offense.

This is not music to Trump's ears. This isn't Mike Pence getting booed at Hamilton. The FBI is involved and people are asking questions.

Yeah but what part are the plebeian masses talking about? The pissing whores of course.

28 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

True but what are the general public talking about.  They are concentrating on reports of golden showers and discussing that.  That is the main point they are talking about which sums up everything and gives Trump what he wants to ridicule the media. 

I don´t give a shit about the pee, if he wants to have hookers to pee in obama´s bed, I don´t give a shit.as long as it´s done by adults that want to do it, I really don´t care.and, with the situation that apparently he is directing to the world...really, who gives a fuck about the pee

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

You're not neutral though. Why you keep saying you are? What are you afraid of? The reason why I think you're not is because all you have been doing is mocking of undermining my views so how can you be entirely neutral when you certainly don't agree with a certain point of view?  And I'm not barking at anyone let alone a tree. 

You are correct in that I partially don't agree with your point of view. But I'm not sure you understand what I don't agree. I will try to clarify it.

I completely understand and respect your disdain for the Trumpster, he is vile. What's to disagree there? Is he going to "save" America and "make it great" again? I wouldn't bet on it. So we do have something in common.

However, I am not going to inundate my Facebook, Twitter, Madonnation, whatever, with over the top anti-Trump rhetoric because I believe it's counterproductive in our current environment. He was elected even though I did not vote for him. What else can be done? Impeach him? Well, it will probably happen. What can I do as a citizen at this time? I could protest. But protest against what? His election? He won it. What else to protest? Should I protest because he is not morally admirable? Yes, but everyone already knows that. What would that accomplish?

I will be the first one to voice disagreement with any of his policies that I believe are not for the benefit of the nation. So far all I can do is dislike some of his picks for his cabinet. Mr. Exxon and Mr. Sessions leave A LOT to be desired and I hope that the vetting continues. Am I convinced that it will work? I'm not sure. Then what? What can I do? Whine? What I can do is have level headed conversations with people surrounding me about how I believe this corporate approach to diplomacy may not be a great approach. And if someone disagrees with me, I will not suddenly label them Trump admirers. 

Ultimately what can really be accomplished if no one consciously attempts to stay neutral amidst this political polarizing of America? Labeling people that consider themselves neutral as Trump supporters is just going to alienate them in my opinion. And I firmly believe that the democrats are doing themselves no favor by labeling every Trump voter as a supporter of bigotry, homophobia, etc. 

So, I disagree with you regarding the absence of neutrality when it comes to Mr. Trump. My disagreement with your opinions have more to do with style than substance. I think I did undermine your view that the US will become another Russia and that Trump will set us back 20 years because I seriously disagree with both stances. And I really fail to see how that makes me suddenly a Trump supporter. 

Most of my discussions on this forum were regarding how he won the election by winning the blue collar vote in the Rust Belt, how our media created him and ironically lost its credibility with the masses because of it and how scary it is to have journalists that are so clearly biased on both sides of the spectrum. 

I am not afraid of voicing my opinion when I think it can make a difference. I don't see the need to keep repeating how awful the guy is because everybody knows it. You may continue to label me whatever you want though. Just be careful of who you label your enemy because you may find yourself surrounded by people that won't challenge you. 

Relax. Better days will come. 

3 hours ago, Kim said:

FRENCH CUNT LE PEN at Trump Tower this very minute. I WONDER WHY

C1-6SIEXEAANn9S.jpg

Somebody from Trump staff said Trump did not meet her and had no plans to, he added that the Trump Tower is a public place anyone os allowed to get in. Basically she tried to troll him and he outrolled her. :IMG_1564:

46 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

No real injustice happened yet? Go tell that to the tax man. Trump must have scammed the system by the millions for him to completely admit he's got no intention to reveal his tax return. He knows he would be in deep shit. 

See, I work with taxes and EVERYONE that CAN use the tax system to their advantage does it. It includes all politicians, celebrities or anyone that can afford a tax planner. He probably saved millions in taxes because the tax code favors his type of people. If I were to protest, I would protest against the legislators that created such a monstrosity of a tax code that allows people like him to get away with it. 

I don't like to bark up the wrong tree. 

44 minutes ago, mnino said:

You are correct in that I partially don't agree with your point of view. But I'm not sure you understand what I don't agree. I will try to clarify it.

I completely understand and respect your disdain for the Trumpster, he is vile. What's to disagree there? Is he going to "save" America and "make it great" again? I wouldn't bet on it. So we do have something in common.

However, I am not going to inundate my Facebook, Twitter, Madonnation, whatever, with over the top anti-Trump rhetoric because I believe it's counterproductive in our current environment. He was elected even though I did not vote for him. What else can be done? Impeach him? Well, it will probably happen. What can I do as a citizen at this time? I could protest. But protest against what? His election? He won it. What else to protest? Should I protest because he is not morally admirable? Yes, but everyone already knows that. What would that accomplish?

I will be the first one to voice disagreement with any of his policies that I believe are not for the benefit of the nation. So far all I can do is dislike some of his picks for his cabinet. Mr. Exxon and Mr. Sessions leave A LOT to be desired and I hope that the vetting continues. Am I convinced that it will work? I'm not sure. Then what? What can I do? Whine? What I can do is have level headed conversations with people surrounding me about how I believe this corporate approach to diplomacy may not be a great approach. And if someone disagrees with me, I will not suddenly label them Trump admirers. 

Ultimately what can really be accomplished if no one consciously attempts to stay neutral amidst this political polarizing of America? Labeling people that consider themselves neutral as Trump supporters is just going to alienate them in my opinion. And I firmly believe that the democrats are doing themselves no favor by labeling every Trump voter as a supporter of bigotry, homophobia, etc. 

So, I disagree with you regarding the absence of neutrality when it comes to Mr. Trump. My disagreement with your opinions have more to do with style than substance. I think I did undermine your view that the US will become another Russia and that Trump will set us back 20 years because I seriously disagree with both stances. And I really fail to see how that makes me suddenly a Trump supporter. 

Most of my discussions on this forum were regarding how he won the election by winning the blue collar vote in the Rust Belt, how our media created him and ironically lost its credibility with the masses because of it and how scary it is to have journalists that are so clearly biased on both sides of the spectrum. 

I am not afraid of voicing my opinion when I think it can make a difference. I don't see the need to keep repeating how awful the guy is because everybody knows it. You may continue to label me whatever you want though. Just be careful of who you label your enemy because you may find yourself surrounded by people that won't challenge you. 

Relax. Better days will come. 

Thank you mnino And I agree with you I shouldn't go on and on on tangent about Trump. My opinion won't change anything after all.  And it's true we all should be more positive and think for the better. Have a really good year. :brenspin: