Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

5 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

It's like the 50th season of a soap opera. 

It's real life though. People do think this is another episode of The Apprentice. But sadly it's not. This man will be president and he will make all the important decisions that not only are going to shape and effect the USA but the whole wide world. 

Guest Pud Whacker
3 hours ago, billiejean said:

I do find it interesting that all these scandals about Donald Trump make global headlines yet there was next to nothing about the women who accused Bill of rape who said Hilary tried to instil fear so they wouldn't come forward. ALLEGEDLY. That scandal somehow never took off much further than YouTube even though Trump mentioned the allegations in a debate and the women sat at a press conference with him, but this buzzfeed article amoungst all the other allegations against Trump make the news everywhere (even before he won). The media was so biased during the election, and still is really.

Maybe it's because I'm neutral, I don't support him or loathe him, that I notice the bias.

us neutral notice everything. 

Guest eroticerotic

wow so all this distraction going on in the media? it's like send everyone in a tizzy so they don't pay attention. just even skimming through ere. I'm so glad I'm not falling for it, it's all crazy!

I'm doing my own research, and talking to people.  observing.

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

It's real life though. People do think this is another episode of The Apprentice. But sadly it's not. This man will be president and he will make all the important decisions that not only are going to shape and effect the USA but the whole wide world. 

No one thinks this is an episode of The Apprentice.

Look, and this a general statement to everyone, Trump supporters are not blinded to this man. No one is gonna hold his feet to the fire more... not all, like the smug right who will never admit they're wrong... than a significant portion of his voters, esp as we start getting deep into his presidency (year 2, year 3...). Right now the mainstream press is getting spanked. They deserve it for the bullshit they've been peddling long before Trump came on the scene. This ain't even about him. It's about flushing out the cockroaches. If he doesn't deliver he'll be quickly marked with them. He is NOT going to be a dictator. Fascism is not on the rise. Chill. Relax. Stop with all the sky is falling and give him a minute.

Besides even if he does eff up, still better than Hillary. Cockroaches not only would've not be exposed if she got in, they'd be more emboldened than ever.

First the Bush family taken down. Then Clinton (the dynasties). Now it's the mainstream presses turn and maybe they'll get their shit together. One by one they are falling, this is what I am seeing and it is good.

This thread is the perfect exemplification of how the unbound by law forces that control both the Left and the Right (and not just in the US) have people fighting with each other allowing for the same deranged policies to continue being implemented, leaving them completely undisturbed in the screwing up of EVERYBODY'S most basic freedoms. Obama, Trump, Merkel etc etc all executors of decisions taken elsewhere, not in what is the official media version of the political arena.

You provide people with a pre-set narrative and manipulate both sides of the equation by means of distraction. Not a Clinton or Obama supporter doesn't automatically equates to being a Trump supporter. The system is corrupt and terribly misleading. It's easier to feed into that pre set narrative than doing the most basic research into how ever since the end of WW2 the US Government, that doesn't even respond to US taxpayers interests, through the left and the right alike creates his own enemies to sustain its imperialism. For the benefit of none of us of course, US citizens or otherwise

oMVKnVb.jpg

11 minutes ago, XXL said:

This thread is perfect exemplification of how the unbound by law forces that control both the Left and the Right (and not just in the US) have people fighting with each other allowing for the same deranged policies to continue being implemented, leaving them completely undisturbed in the screwing up of EVERYBODY'S most basic freedoms. Obama, Trump, Merkel etc etc all executors of decisions taken elsewhere, not in what is the official media version of the political arena.

You provide people with a pre-set narrative and manipulate both sides of the equation by means of distraction. Not a Clinton or Obama supporter doesn't automatically equates to being a Trump supporter. The system is corrupt and terribly misleading. It's easier to feed into that pre set narrative than doing the most basic research into how ever since the end of WW2 the US Government, that doesn't even respond to US taxpayers interests, through the left and the right alike creates his own enemies to sustain its imperialism. For the benefit of none of us of course, US citizens or otherwise

oMVKnVb.jpg

I agree with what you're saying, BUT I don't agree with that political cartoon. Democrats will vote Democrat NO MATTER WHAT and Republicans will vote Republican NO MATTER WHAT. Both sides truly, wholeheartedly believe politicians are a bunch of people who are trying to help those in need. 

49 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I agree with what you're saying, BUT I don't agree with that political cartoon. Democrats will vote Democrat NO MATTER WHAT and Republicans will vote Republican NO MATTER WHAT. Both sides truly, wholeheartedly believe politicians are a bunch of people who are trying to help those in need. 

I think that used to be 100% the norm a while ago, everything has become more fluid exactly because when you look at administration of different political persuasion over the last 20 years they more or less have tended to implement the same neocon policies, however camouflaged. There have been instances of US voters changing political decision and that's something that's happening all over the world right now

Which is also in part the reason behind the rise of third party, independentist parties and all sorts of populistic movements and why Trump won. Because he presented himself as the man from from business, not a career politician. We have experienced the same thing in Italy with Berlusconi over 20 years ago, for the first time. Vote by ideological association has increasingly become more loose, for our generation at least.

53 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Both sides truly, wholeheartedly believe politicians are a bunch of people who are trying to help those in need. 

Exactly

That's why I thought the cartoon represented more or less what I wanted to express in my other post.  The manipulation is allowed to go on undisturbed exactly because of people's trust in the authenticity of the whole political process to begin with. And by controlling both sides you have people fooled either way. People genuinely want/need/ are accustomed to believing those representatives they elect are going to serve their taxpayer interests. When the reality is that the entire central banks apparatus, and once again, not just the Federal Reserve, are an arm controlled by private interests not public ones

Elections automatically  = democracy

"Private" media = democracy  (even private media have owners with business interests or of other nature)

I am not sure I ever understand when people say the Republicans and Democrats are two arms of the same corrupt body. In that, I am not absolving Democrats from corruption, but when the Democratic Party controlled Congress AND the Presidency, they passed a law which subsidize health insurance for a great number of people, removed limitations on pre-existing conditions, and lifted the ban on gay people serving openly in the military. They did these things with little or no Republican support. Are these not good things in and of themselves? What is the first thing a Republican Congress tried to do? Gut an ethics committee providing oversight. In my opinion, the contrast has never been greater, and for all of Hillary's faults, I don't think she was an idiotic loose cannon who resorted to petty tweets or picking fights with Rosie O'Donnell in a Presidential debate.

On foreign policy, I think there is more room for debate and I feel like the situations are more complex. Does the U.S. stay out of foreign affairs and allow other far more nefarious players to dominate? If we have the ability to help people in Aleppo and we do not, is that a moral and just decision? If we get involved and ruin a country because of our involvement, does the end justify the means? I am not arguing I have the answer. But it's certainly not an easy decision to make for any party.

15 hours ago, Sloane said:

Look, and this a general statement to everyone, Trump supporters are not blinded to this man. No one is gonna hold his feet to the fire more... not all, like the smug right who will never admit they're wrong... than a significant portion of his voters, esp as we start getting deep into his presidency (year 2, year 3...). Right now the mainstream press is getting spanked. They deserve it for the bullshit they've been peddling long before Trump came on the scene. This ain't even about him. It's about flushing out the cockroaches. If he doesn't deliver he'll be quickly marked with them. He is NOT going to be a dictator. Fascism is not on the rise. Chill. Relax. Stop with all the sky is falling and give him a minute.

Besides even if he does eff up, still better than Hillary. Cockroaches not only would've not be exposed if she got in, they'd be more emboldened than ever.

Yes let's attack the media for reporting exactly what a legit spy investigation came up with. Just because Trump said it didn't happen that doesn't make that story fake. 

I'm sure if all the media was owned by Fox News then no one would say a word because it defends the Trump regime. I'm appalled by your logic. And people here say they aren't biased?!? It's so transparent who side you guys are on. At least admit it.. instead of insulting our intelligence.

Trump is a liar. The media is giving him a hard time? It comes with the territory. Deal with it. Stop crying at the media for having a go at Trump. This is not Russia. The media can say what they want. Trump needs to grow a pair and act like an adult instead of crying at the mean media. 

There are people and press organisations who stand by Trump and his regime and there are people and press organisations who don't and mistrust him. It happens with every president. What makes Trump so different? And his supporters crying at the "unfair" media are a joke. I d say Fox News is unfair as well but I'm not there crying or discriminating against it because I don't like what they say. You guys are slowly losing the plot yourself ... must be the Trump influence....

On 1/10/2017 at 1:09 PM, drunkbysix said:

My definition of racism involves and goes hand and hand with systematic oppression,  which white people cannot and will never experience. Which is why I explained why I believe you cannot be racist towards a white person. If you think my opinion is ignorant, then that's your opinion.

Your kind of thinking led to Trump winning in 2016.  God help us all if we have this crap every 4 fucking years of the Presidential cycle. 

7 hours ago, Nightshade said:

I am not sure I ever understand when people say the Republicans and Democrats are two arms of the same corrupt body. In that, I am not absolving Democrats from corruption, but when the Democratic Party controlled Congress AND the Presidency, they passed a law which subsidize health insurance for a great number of people, removed limitations on pre-existing conditions, and lifted the ban on gay people serving openly in the military. They did these things with little or no Republican support. Are these not good things in and of themselves? What is the first thing a Republican Congress tried to do? Gut an ethics committee providing oversight. In my opinion, the contrast has never been greater, and for all of Hillary's faults, I don't think she was an idiotic loose cannon who resorted to petty tweets or picking fights with Rosie O'Donnell in a Presidential debate.

On foreign policy, I think there is more room for debate and I feel like the situations are more complex. Does the U.S. stay out of foreign affairs and allow other far more nefarious players to dominate? If we have the ability to help people in Aleppo and we do not, is that a moral and just decision? If we get involved and ruin a country because of our involvement, does the end justify the means? I am not arguing I have the answer. But it's certainly not an easy decision to make for any party.

Tell me: why is the US so friendly with Saudi Arabia, if they care so much about overthrowing nefarious players? Saudi Arabia is the most fascist and oppressive country in the world yet the US treat them like good friends. For me that alone shows all the wars the US is doing all the time has NOTHING to do with overthrowing bad guys. It's all about control and money. I don't understand why more people in the US can't see it.

The government (both Democrats and Republicans, there's no difference) always pretend all those wars are about "briging democracy to oppressive countries" yet they are best friends with some of the most oppressive countries on Earth. Complete and obvious hypocrisy. Unfortunately too many Americans just turn a blind eye to it, worse they gleefully vote for warmongers like Bush or Hillary Clinton. I hope it's gonna change in the future, i'm not too hopeful though.

11 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

us neutral notice everything. 

When you're on the fence, you can see both sides.

And before people go all...

206486_10150169668432671_202794322670_73

No real injustice has happened yet. He's not even president yet.

I'll save my energy to when it's really needed. 

11 hours ago, Sloane said:

This. 

giphy.gif

The ones that panic in an emergency situation are usually the ones that perish...

7 hours ago, Nightshade said:

I'm guessing that what @XXL was trying to say is that either party will protect the interest of the rich elites and corporate interests that have banked their campaigns. In the end, the ringleaders will still call the shots regardless of who's "in power."

6 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes let's attack the media for reporting exactly what a legit spy investigation came up with. Just because Trump said it didn't happen that doesn't make that story fake. 

I'm sure if all the media was owned by Fox News then no one would say a word because it defends the Trump regime. I'm appalled by your logic. And people here say they aren't biased?!? It's so transparent who side you guys are on. At least admit it.. instead of insulting our intelligence.

Trump is a liar. The media is giving him a hard time. He comes within the territory. Deal with it. Stop crying at the media for having a go at Trump. This is not Russia. The media can say what they want. Trump needs to grow a pair and act like an adult instead of crying at the mean media. 

There are people and press organisations who stand by Trump and his regime and there are people and press organisations who don't and mistrust him. It happens with every president. What makes Trump so different? And his supporters crying at the "unfair" media are a joke. I d say Fox News is unfair as well but I'm not there crying or discriminating against it because I don't like what they say. You guys are slowly losing the plot themselves... must be the Trump influence....

Still barking up the wrong tree, I see.

110314-Barking2-Full.jpg

So, claiming that our media is biased (either way) is now a sign of being a Trump supporter?

dont-gif.gif

The insidious right wing element of this place trying to pass themselves off an "neutral" while quoting from faux news and The Daily Fail and only ever having anything to say about anything remotely liberal and progressive...

tenor.gif

44 minutes ago, Kim said:

The insidious right wing element of this place trying to pass themselves off an "neutral" while quoting from faux news and The Daily Fail and only ever having anything to say about anything remotely liberal and progressive...

tenor.gif

Quoting Fox News to counter a liberal argument is not a subtle way of concealing a right wing agenda. :lmao:

There's neutral and then there's Fox News quoters.