Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

Today's the big day!!

Will the insanity of the 2016 election cycle continue when the Electoral College says "Dump, you're fired"? Or are Hillary voters going to be making doc appts tomorrow to up their meds cuz "it's over....it's REALLY over  now"?? 

STAY TUNED.........

56 minutes ago, GOD said:

I cant believe that with all the things that he got away with, that he's still going to be president. 

I know. 

America rewarded behavior that would get anyone else fired, expelled, or disqualified. It's painful. 

3 hours ago, GOD said:

I cant believe that with all the things that he got away with, that he's still going to be president. 

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I know. 

America rewarded behavior that would get anyone else fired, expelled, or disqualified. It's painful. 

I think the reason he's able to get away with all of this stuff is because the GOP are playing the log Con. They know with this kind of behaviour he'll be easy to impeach as president and then who's next in line should trump be removed as POTUS? - Their boy Pence. I Think many of the GOP are just as outraged with Trumps nonsense but the end game for them is a Pence administration. 

2 of my friend works with the state department in Mexico City. They said that their boss, the U.S. Ambassador to Mexico, Roberta Jacobson (a wonderful woman, just for the record), apologized to her Mexican staff for all the nasty things that were said during the campaign and that someone close to the Trump team, who they didn't want to/couldn't name was super angry and told everyone to stop being over-dramatic and that "change is good." :wacko::lmao:

On 12/18/2016 at 0:47 PM, KalamazooJay said:

Wow. 

This thread has gone into some interesting territory. 

I'm honestly asking if it would be more constructive to have something like an "international politics/issues" thread? Or changing the name of this one? 

There's just too much to respond about in here and it's clearly gone off the subject of Trump and U.S politics  

Trump and U.S. politics has EVERYTHING to do with what some of us are talking about. It's why this election was so important to people all over the world for all types of reasons, not just in the U.S. 

Trump and his insane advisers have not only inherited a massive monster of a mess, but Trump can single-handedly allow this mess to further spiral out of control. 

Speaking of kooky shit -

A 627-year-old 'blood miracle' failed to occur, heralding disaster for 2017

Ben Moshinsky

If you thought 2016 was bad, you might want to gird yourself for an even worse 2017.

The dried blood of Saint Januarius failed to liquefy in a ceremony in Naples, Italy, on Saturday, according to a report in Italy's La Stampa, heralding disaster for next year.

Monsignor Vincenzo De Gregorio, the abbot of the chapel, said: "We must not think about disasters and calamities. We are men of faith, and we must continue to pray."

The ceremony of the blood of Saint Januarius, or San Gennaro, is performed several times a year. The blood is kept in special ampules and liquifies during the ceremony.

The miracle has been regularly recorded since 1389. San Gennaro was bishop of Naples in the third century and was beheaded in the persecution of early Christians by Roman Emperor Diocletian, who killed about 3,500 Christians.

If the miracle of liquefaction fails to occur, it can herald disaster for the coming months and years.

The blood failed to become liquid in 1939, the year in which World War II started, and in 1980, the year of the Irpinia earthquake, according to the Stampa report.

2016 has been bad enough. Both the US and the UK have had a year of political turmoil, while a civil war in Syria has destroyed much of the city of Aleppo and resulted in indiscriminate killing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/blood-of-san-gennaro-fails-to-liquefy-meaning-2017-could-be-a-disaster-2016-12

15 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Speaking of kooky shit -

A 627-year-old 'blood miracle' failed to occur, heralding disaster for 2017

Ben Moshinsky

If you thought 2016 was bad, you might want to gird yourself for an even worse 2017.

The dried blood of Saint Januarius failed to liquefy in a ceremony in Naples, Italy, on Saturday, according to a report in Italy's La Stampa, heralding disaster for next year.

Monsignor Vincenzo De Gregorio, the abbot of the chapel, said: "We must not think about disasters and calamities. We are men of faith, and we must continue to pray."

The ceremony of the blood of Saint Januarius, or San Gennaro, is performed several times a year. The blood is kept in special ampules and liquifies during the ceremony.

The miracle has been regularly recorded since 1389. San Gennaro was bishop of Naples in the third century and was beheaded in the persecution of early Christians by Roman Emperor Diocletian, who killed about 3,500 Christians.

If the miracle of liquefaction fails to occur, it can herald disaster for the coming months and years.

The blood failed to become liquid in 1939, the year in which World War II started, and in 1980, the year of the Irpinia earthquake, according to the Stampa report.

2016 has been bad enough. Both the US and the UK have had a year of political turmoil, while a civil war in Syria has destroyed much of the city of Aleppo and resulted in indiscriminate killing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/blood-of-san-gennaro-fails-to-liquefy-meaning-2017-could-be-a-disaster-2016-12

Ooops the blood miracle hasn't occured :chuckle:

We REALLY needed this to realise that 2017 is shaping up to be an annus horribilis in terms of global events

The worst Naples has to offer

The Church (as the Roman Church) is traditionally very big in Southern Italy

2,000 years of abuse and keeping people superstitious and ignorant while they syphon off the wealth of the world at top level

Nothing to do with God of course and all with earthly power

9 hours ago, spazz said:

15541622_10158326159730725_3532041724946

Nice attitude, asshole. Other heads of states (oh sorry, I forgot he is not yet, therefore he has a free ride to say whatever he wants) and governments offered their condolences. Even if there are political differences. It's called manners, it's about being human.

15 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Nice attitude, asshole. Other heads of states (oh sorry, I forgot he is not yet, therefore he has a free ride to say whatever he wants) and governments offered their condolences. Even if there are political differences. It's called manners, it's about being human.

The "they're  just words" argument his supporters like to throw out is bullshit. As the head (or potential head) of the most powerful country on earth, you conduct yourself in a certain way. We haven't even begun to see the full repercussions this is going to have in the future.