Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

19 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Where you get your news? Syria problems have always been a fixture on the BBC news website/ channel for months and months. It's not just some little news given last night. Many people have been paying attention to the Syrian situation for a very long time. It's not a recent thing! 

I get my news from the most important WESTERN agencies because I work in a newspaper and every second weekend i work in the International section.  So I am following every day the development in Syria. In only three weeks the media has changed the tune because if Aleppo is taken from the radical terrorists (rebels), then Assad and Russia will seem as heroes.  So now they are picturing them as if they were annihilating the population.  Aleppo inhabitants were KIDNAPPED by the rebels.  

And no.  For the past two months the media have focused on USA, France,  Cuba... Syria news were not as prominent, even though the battle in Aleppo started in October.  If all media is focused in Aleppo now is because it's about to be FREED by Assad and Russia 

17 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Karbatal, XXL, Spazz, and many of us have been discussing Syria for years. I've had at least 2 threads shut down because I added photos of the horrible and disgusting war crimes committed by both ISIS and "peaceful" rebels. One of the videos I posted about (not the video but just the description) showed four or five "peaceful rebels" decapitating a young boy who was believed to be the song of an army sergeant.

Yes, it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that Syria became a hot topic in recent weeks again only after Assad, with the legitimate help of Russia, Hezbollah and Iran, won East Aleppo. 

And everyone is saying "WHY ISN'T ANYONE DOING ANYTHING?" Um, Turkish, American, French and British war planes have been bombing Syria since the start of the "civil war" and people seriously think the U.S. is just standing far away doing nothing and committing no war crimes or accidentally bombing the wrong targets and killing thousands of civilians in the process.

The truth is the west lost. Hopefully now they get the fuck out and go on and fix their own damn countries.

Go deal with your Trumps and Brexits and Le Pens and escalating poverty rates and police brutality and soaring foreign debts and dismal economic growth rates. 

BRAVO!!!!!!!! 

18 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I get my news from the most important WESTERN agencies because I work in a newspaper and every second weekend i work in the International section.  So I am following every day the development in Syria. In only three weeks the media has changed the tune because if Aleppo is taken from the radical terrorists (rebels), then Assad and Russia will seem as heroes.  So now they are picturing them as if they were annihilating the population.  Aleppo inhabitants were KIDNAPPED by the rebels.  

And no.  For the past two months the media have focused on USA, France,  Cuba... Syria news were not as prominent, even though the battle in Aleppo started in October.  If all media is focused in Aleppo now is because it's about to be FREED by Assad and Russia 

So in all your knowledge how would you describe the Assad regime?

19 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

So in all your knowledge how would you describe the Assad regime?

As undemocratic or totalirarist as it may be,  it didn't deserve a foreign intervention that only has led to the raising of ISIS, the destruction of the whole country and millions and millions of refugees,  who have no land to come back. 

53 minutes ago, karbatal said:

As undemocratic or totalirarist as it may be,  it didn't deserve a foreign intervention that only has led to the raising of ISIS, the destruction of the whole country and millions and millions of refugees,  who have no land to come back. 

So all these Syrians he was single handling killing didn't deserve help or at least be heard. What if you was one of them? And yes all those millions of Syrians are fleeing from him!  Maybe you should read a report from Amnesty International to have a wider view on what his regime is like.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

my friends and I have been very surprised by the treatment the media has been doing about alepo in the last month or so...I had the feeling that the western country didn´t want to have a strong media attention on who is doing what, just in case we team with the wrong team (the losers)...but I really donñt know.One of my friens works at a university, and she hs had an interview with a man from the spanish defense...he told her that they, we(?) are waiting them to finish killikng each other, to go there as peacefull countries and earn money rebulding everything.nothing about the blame, the rights or the humans that have been killed

23 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Karbatal, XXL, Spazz, and many of us have been discussing Syria for years. I've had at least 2 threads shut down because I added photos of the horrible and disgusting war crimes committed by both ISIS and "peaceful" rebels. One of the videos I posted about (not the video but just the description) showed four or five "peaceful rebels" decapitating a young boy who was believed to be the song of an army sergeant.

Yes, it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that Syria became a hot topic in recent weeks again only after Assad, with the legitimate help of Russia, Hezbollah and Iran, won East Aleppo. 

And everyone is saying "WHY ISN'T ANYONE DOING ANYTHING?" Um, Turkish, American, French and British war planes have been bombing Syria since the start of the "civil war" and people seriously think the U.S. is just standing far away doing nothing and committing no war crimes or accidentally bombing the wrong targets and killing thousands of civilians in the process.

The truth is the west lost. Hopefully now they get the fuck out and go on and fix their own damn countries.

Go deal with your Trumps and Brexits and Le Pens and escalating poverty rates and police brutality and soaring foreign debts and dismal economic growth rates. 

This!

It was The Guardian I believe and other media sources calling it 'The Fall of Aleppo', bitch please, the fall of Aleppo happened when it fell under Daesh ( ISIS) and rebels.

The Eiffel Tower turned dark over East Aleppo, did it when ISIS and "Peaceful Rebels" were slaughtering people, some eating Shia's livers, tossing homosexuals off buildings?

just because now Asad is finally winning the last big city in Syria it's becoming a hot topic?

the other sides of Aleppo is being provided with food and medical help, why would any innocent needy civilians remain in East Aleppo when they can easily go to safer areas??  They are after east Aleppo because that's where some of the last rebels are still in control. But the damn media is fucking joke. 

Oh and most of these rebels are not even Syrians, they are brainwashed terrorists from all over! 

Syria winning is basically Iran's victory there over Turkey/Qatar/Saudi/US...etc

Oh and Qatar just cancelled its National Day celebration few days ago, reason is in solidarity with Aleppo, with Aleppo posters in the streets. My ass! 

They spent BILLIONS and are supporting Jabhat Alnusra, a "peaceful rebel" group, that was once part of a group called "Al Qaeda", you may have heard of it? And Now that they are losing East Aleppo, they are upset! So upset that they cancelled their fucking national day. 

Yes, Asad is a fucking dictator and all but so is most of these countries in that region have as president. 

Oh and one more thing, Spazz may be naive, and sure maybe some of his information is from pro Russian biased media, but he is one of the few on here that see other sides of reality that most on here have no clue about, which kinda makes them naive too. 

So much disinformation and ignorance in this thread...

But I'm not surprised. Everywhere you go you see division now; America is divided because of Trump. The UK is divided because of Brexit. Europe is divided because of the sudden insurgence of far right political parties.

And I'm saying to you Don't be afraid of those who oppose your self belief. In the end West, East, North, South.. it don't matter. We are all humans and as humans we are all in the same boat. If only we made up our minds and come together and move forward working to build a world that benefits everybody. But that does appear to be a utopia especially in these times. So much hate towards other humans, so much unconcern for human lives, so much disinterest towards the truth because it's inconvenient or doesn't register with the propaganda we are following. 

Thousands and thousands of years of civilazion and we are still acting like savages. Terrorism using fear to doubt our democracies, politicians using terrorism to rise to/or stay in power.. and who suffers in the end?

If only we could reach more into our hearts instead of worrying what's inside our pockets or bank accounts; if only we could start looking at each other for who we truly are instead of scrutinising our appearances; if only we could start helping each other out of unconditional love instead of always looking at what to get out of it. Truly this world is mad. 

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

On 12/16/2016 at 7:08 PM, ULIZOS said:

Some of you have warped ideas of what matters to people around the world. I doubt gay marriage or all those politically correct things that REALLY matter in the U.S. right now are anywhere on Spazz's list of things that truly matter to him. 

What does matter to him, I'm going to assume, are the price of skyrocketing imports in his country, his country's economy, the fear that Wahhabi funded terrorists (the U.S.'s friend) bomb the Christian church his family goes to, that a Syria controlled by "peaceful sunni rebels" further destabilizes the region and puts him and his Christian family into further danger, that the U.S. decides to meddle in his country's elections, again (the same thing everyone in the U.S. is up in arms about right now) and helps put someone awful into power (again). 

You guys have no idea how grateful you are to be able to even demand gay rights and gay marriage and gay adoption or transgender bathrooms when people all over the world are just trying to, you know, not get killed or just have enough food, or not watch their country that's been around for thousands of years fall apart because in the last 50 years the U.S. and Russia (and now Saudi Arabia) decided to use them to sort their shit out.

Spazz says some things about U.S. politics that make me roll my eyes, but it's so arrogant of you guys to do the same exact thing to him when without knowing anything about his culture and country and region of the world tell him that he has no idea what he's talking about. Meaker or whatever his name is SWEARS he's an expert on the subject "because he met a family." That's like talking to 1 American family and basing everything you know about America on that 1 family.

Thanks Uli and Karbs :thumbsup: 

I want to add Syria under Assad regime pre war never imported foreign products , they were relying on the handmade and national production from food to weapons.

I salute the Syrian army and ppl for their ability and resistance to this ugly war, these DAECH unhuman twats use little kids as suicide bombers/kamikaze. 

Erdogan was a great friend with Assad and he built many factories on the Syrian soil competed with the Turkish market lately and during the war they (Daech/ISIS) destroyed all these infrastructures because the Edoganturks are a envious evil cunts. So wrong on many ways and pure injustice.

On 12/16/2016 at 9:28 PM, MeakMaker said:

As Spazz has any right to share his anti west sentiments with us I also have the right to say how I feel about the whole thing.

I dont hate the WEST

I hate the western governments/politicians.

On 12/17/2016 at 2:57 AM, runa said:

Skin is doing just fine. He'll be back eventually but he needed a long break from here. He was tired of the rude attack he got, especially in this thread. 

I hope he comes back

he was making me laugh 😂 

13 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

So all these Syrians he was single handling killing didn't deserve help or at least be heard. What if you was one of them? And yes all those millions of Syrians are fleeing from him!  Maybe you should read a report from Amnesty International to have a wider view on what his regime is like.

Are you an imbecile? 

2 hours ago, Chris_Tanasoff said:

And Putin has a hand in all of it. 

Yeah, just keep blaming Putin for everything, i guess it's easier to explain the world! right? Nothing to do with ANYTHING at all! It's just all Russia's fault anyway! right?

I might just turn on CNN to get the 'real news' to enlighten me :lmao:

19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:lmao:

Sorry MeakMaker I know I shouldn't laugh.  But really,  you are grasping at whatever instead of facing the truth.  

Wouldn't expect any less from you Karbatal... And what's the truth?

14 hours ago, spazz said:

I dont hate the WEST

I hate the western governments/politicians.

Nobody likes them to be honest.. Do you think I have trust in our governments? But as our politicians are corrupted and seeking their own interest with little concern to what's going on in the real world.. what makes you so sure the leaders of Middle East countries or Russia have a better agenda? That's my only criticism I have with you Spazz. The fact you see everything black and white; Obama is the enemy, Putin and Assad are the saviours.. I just tend to see things with a more critical sense despite of where it might be coming from. Just saying...

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Wouldn't expect any less from you Karbatal... And what's the truth?

That people aren't fleeing from the Government.  They are fleeing because of the war.  And that Al Assad is not powerful enough to build that war,  nor the "rebels" . 

Anyway,  I think this thread is about Trump.  I'm sure there are news about it too. 

Wow. 

This thread has gone into some interesting territory. 

I'm honestly asking if it would be more constructive to have something like an "international politics/issues" thread? Or changing the name of this one? 

There's just too much to respond about in here and it's clearly gone off the subject of Trump and U.S politics  

7 hours ago, Nessie said:

Yeah, just keep blaming Putin for everything, i guess it's easier to explain the world! right? Nothing to do with ANYTHING at all! It's just all Russia's fault anyway! right?

I might just turn on CNN to get the 'real news' to enlighten me :lmao:

You know what you could do to enlighten yourself? Open a history book and study Russia with specific attention to the occasions throughout history where they have attempted to interfere in elections and how they do it. Interfering with elections is Russia's MO. They have been doing it for decades and getting caught doing it too. 

America has one final chance to stop Donald Trump becoming president

Electoral College vote is tomorrow and experts think they know the answer

donald-trump.jpg

Donald Trump will face his final hurdle before being inaugurated as President of the United States on Monday, when members of the Electoral College meet to cast their votes.

Mr Trump must gain 270 votes for the election result to be formally recognised, in what is normally considered a rubber-stamping process. However, the vote has on this occasion been marred for widespread calls for recounts in key states, calls for electors to disregard their states' voting rules and a bill aimed at threatening Mr Trump with future impeachment by introducing new conflict-of-interest rules.

A vocal movement has pressured Republican electors to abandon Trump even though he won 30 states, giving him the electoral voters needed to be president. 

Most base their plea on the fact that Clinton won some 2.8 million more popular votes. 

The Independent asked two experts – assistant professor Rebecca Thorpe, a political scientist at the University of Washington in Seattle, and Dr Jacob Parakilas, assistant head of the US and Americas Programme at Chatham House – whether they thought there was really a chance Mr Trump may not succeed.

Is there anything or anyone that can derail Mr Trump's inauguration, besides the Electoral College?

Dr Parakilas: “For very good reason, there is no legal mechanism that the CIA, or any other American executive agency or government body, can [use to] challenge or invalidate the result of the election. The only thing right now that stands between Trump and being inaugurated is the Electoral College.”

Prof Thorpe: “Legally, no. All we right now is that someone hacked the DNC and released details to Wikileaks, and that the source comes from Russia.

“It is unclear whether the purpose of these hacks was to help elect Trump or simply to create chaos, and intelligence agencies have not released conclusive evidence confirming that the cyberattack was state-sponsored. There is also no evidence Russia tampered with actual voting machines or vote counts, and the Michigan recount did not reveal any evidence of voter fraud.

“Given the razor-thin margins in key crucial swing states, essentially anything could have tilted the balance.”

What about the threat of impeachment?

Dr Parakilas: “There's no chance that he would be immediately impeached. It just wouldn't happen, partly because the Republicans would need to find political cause to do so.

“He is their presidential candidate, it would look terrible. It would alienate a huge number of their voters.”

Prof Thorpe: “Given Trump’s numerous financial conflicts of interests, the potential for corruption and the likely violations of the Emoluments Clause, the legal possibility for impeachment is rife.

“However, with a GOP-controlled House and Senate, the possibility of impeachment is not a question of law but of political will. Trump is an unconventional Republican in many ways, but he has appointed a cabinet full [of] far-right conservatives with a conventional conservative agenda of tax cuts, reduced spending on health care and social services, and extensive deregulation.

“Thus far, he has also received support from congressional Republicans who have blocked legislation to investigate or curb Trump’s massive financial conflicts of interests.”

Do you think Mr Trump will win the Electoral College vote?

Prof Thorpe: “Given how many electors are pledged to Trump, what they’ve said publicly and the norm of abiding by the state plurality winner, it is incredibly unlikely that the electors will alter the expected result.

“If 37 Trump electors defect, this will deny Trump the 270 electors he needs to win. However, only one of the 306 electors pledged to Trump has said publicly that he will do so.

“Faithless electors are extremely rare and have never changed the election outcome in US history – however, 2016 is an extremely abnormal election.”

Dr Parakilas: “I wouldn't be surprised if you saw three or four Republican electors [choose] someone else. I would be shocked if he got less than 270.

“A lot of this is just a reaction to how outlandish the whole election season has been. I think there's also a sense that because Trump won with a significant gap between the Electoral College and the popular vote, that underscores calls for the Electoral College to do something different than it normally does.

“By and large, those calls are going to fall on deaf ears.”

Is the furore surrounding this election what you would typically expect after a vote?

Prof Thorpe: “The controversy and legal challenges surrounding the election are highly abnormal. However, these are likely symptoms of the same syndrome that led to Trump’s unprecedented rise to power.

“Trump is the only presidential candidate in US history to openly challenge the legitimacy of the electoral process [by] falsely claiming that he lost the popular vote because of  ‘millions of people who voted illegally’.

“Trump rose to power by challenging President Obama’s status as an American citizen, and his presidential campaign featured the claim that his political rival is criminal who should be in jail.

“However, the ongoing legal challenges are unlikely to prevent a Trump presidency, and some in fact defy the same democratic norms that Trump's critics accuse him of dismissing.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/world/donald-trump-final-hurdle-presidency-electoral-college-vote-tomorrow-a7482696.html

Tech Heavyweights Won’t Help Build Donald Trump’s Muslim Registry

TrumpTechMeeting

When President-elect Donald Trump met leaders from the tech industry Wednesday in a room at Trump Towers in Manhattan, he referred to a rise in the stock market and said: “So right now everybody in this room has to like me — at least a little bit.” Whether or not they actually like him, big tech companies are certainly not behind his proposed plan to build a registry to track Muslims in the United States.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey was conspicuously not invited to the meeting, which was held a day after the microblogging service said it would not help Trump build the registry. Other tech leaders who have previously had run-ins with Trump, however, attended the meeting. Among them was Apple’s Tim Cook who was criticized by Trump after Apple refused to unlock the iPhone of one of the San Bernardino, California, shooters. Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, who also owns the Washington Post, has spoken about wanting to send Trump to Mars and has been accused by the president-elect of directing negative coverage.

Numerous tech heavyweights, including Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, Uber, Google and Apple have issued statements saying they will not help the incoming administration build such a registry. In response to questions by BuzzFeed, most of those companies said they would not participate in such an effort, and that they hadn’t been asked to do so either.

Employees from various tech companies, including Google, IBM, Salesforce, Slack and Twitter, penned an open letter Tuesday opposing the proposed Muslim registry, and it currently has more than 2,100 signatories.

Without the support of technology companies, building the kind of surveillance system Trump and his advisers have proposed would be difficult, if not virtually impossible.

As on many other issues, Trump has had a conflicting and changing stance on the Muslim registry idea, sometimes supporting it but backing away at other times. Some other Republican leaders have not only spoken in favor of such a registry, but also urged the president-elect to create a surveillance program targeting Muslims.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., encouraged Trump to create such a program during a meeting Thursday, and a few days after Trump’s Nov. 8 election victory, Carl Higbie, a former Navy Seal and spokesman for the Great America PAC that backed Trump’s presidential bid, told Fox News a Muslim registry would be constitutionally valid. He cited the internment of 120,000 Japanese Americans during World War II as legal precedent. Trump supporter and former New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani has also advocated for the idea.

The National Security Entry-Exit Registration System, which was started in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, was closed down in 2011 after concerns were raised it unfairly targeted Muslims. Kris Kobach, Kansas secretary of state, who helped design the system, also said a Muslim registry could be implemented.

Some survivors of the San Bernardino terror attack, however, say the registry is a bad idea based on fear, hate and ignorance.

http://www.ibtimes.com/tech-heavyweights-wont-help-build-donald-trumps-muslim-registry-2462180

3 hours ago, Chris_Tanasoff said:

You know what you could do to enlighten yourself? Open a history book and study Russia with specific attention to the occasions throughout history where they have attempted to interfere in elections and how they do it. Interfering with elections is Russia's MO. They have been doing it for decades and getting caught doing it too. 

That was a lovely cup of tea :queenbitch:

7 hours ago, karbatal said:

That people aren't fleeing from the Government.  They are fleeing because of the war.  And that Al Assad is not powerful enough to build that war,  nor the "rebels" . 

Anyway,  I think this thread is about Trump.  I'm sure there are news about it too. 

They're not fleeing from the government?!?  The civil war broke out because of the government. And yes I have to agree with you this debate doesn't belong to this thread. Guess ima call it a truce. For now lol Take care pal.