Elections in Austria 🇦🇹

spazz

Guest CzarnaWisnia

:(

Austria's elections on Sunday could see Norbert Hofer chosen as the country's first far-right leader since World War II. Austrians will head to the polls following a victory this week by Francois Fillon, the more right-leaning of two candidates in France's conservative primary.

Analysts say voters in both countries are being heavily influenced by Brexit and the election of Donald Trump in the United States.

Fillon, a former prime minister under President Nicolas Sarkozy, was the more conservative of two top candidates running for president in France's Republican Party primary elections Sunday. He has been compared to the late British conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher for his calls to slash government spending, cut taxes for the wealthy, boost defense and get rid of France's 35-hour work week.

Analysts say his victory points to a clear swing to the right among French voters, a trend that was already visible in the rise of Marine Le Pen's far-right, anti-immigrant National Front, whose popularity ratings soared after a series of terrorist attacks shook France last summer.

(...)

'Elites not listening'

"Nearly one-third of people found their governments and their lawmakers were highly corrupt — not just a little bit corrupt, but highly corrupt," she said. "People felt that the wealthy were playing a bigger role in the government decision-making than they should be." There was a link, she said, between people's frustration and what they see as "elites not listening to them."

48 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Le Pen congratulates the far right neonazi for the good results, and urges him to keep on going. 

There are two people in this forum who are defending Le Pen in the other thread. It is important to know. 

Stop knowingly spreading lies about me. The fact that you're worked up about politically sensitive issues is understandable, but it doesn't make it okay for you to smear me with false accusations. This is the third post in a third thread. Stop this FALSE SMEAR campaign. 

9 hours ago, tumbleweedt said:

Stop knowingly spreading lies about me. The fact that you're worked up about politically sensitive issues is understandable, but it doesn't make it okay for you to smear me with false accusations. This is the third post in a third thread. Stop this FALSE SMEAR campaign. 

LE PEN SUPPORTER