Heartless family leaves escaped dog at shelter, adopts new pup

Camacho

:rant:

http://nypost.com/2016/11/29/heartless-family-leaves-escaped-dog-at-shelter-adopts-new-pup/‬

Heartless family leaves escaped dog at shelter, adopts new pup

By Chris Perez

November 29, 2016 | 6:09pm

A California family is being hounded on Facebook after they were caught on camera doing their dog dirty — getting her all happy and excited to leave an animal control shelter and then adopting a new four-legged best friend, instead.l

Heart-wrenching video posted on Monday by a worker at the Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control center in Downey shows the German Shepherd, Zuzu, frantically wagging her tail and barking for joy after spotting her despicable owners.

The pooch had gotten loose — hopping the family’s backyard fence and then escaping into their neighbor’s yard — and was picked up by Animal control, according to the worker.

Zuzu’s owners arrived at the shelter a short time later, but not to reclaim her like the staff had hoped.

“Doing Dog Intros we got [interrupted] by a distracted and overly excited Zuzu,” Desi Lara wrote in the video description. “With her fast wagging tail seeing her owners Zuzu lite up like a Christmas Tree. She looked like the happiest dog. Yeah, she’s going home. But No. Talking to her owners they told me they were not here to reclaim her, they were getting another dog.”

The family had apparently grown sick and tired of Zuzu because she had been “crying and sad” over the death of her father.

“She wasn’t a happy dog anymore,” Lara recalled them saying. “Their solutions for her unhappiness was just leaving her here! And go get another dog.”

The move was one that didn’t sit well with Facebook users.

“What a**holes!!! They shouldn’t be allowed to adopt another dog!!! How heartless!!! POS SCUM!!!” April Chamberlain Blakely wrote in the video’s comment section.

“I feel for Zuzu AND this new dog,” said Shelley Mitchell Logan. “These morons will inevitably dump when it’s no longer convenient or easy for these people.”

Cathy Huffman added, “Lousy excuses for human beings. All she needed was to be brought into the house and loved.”

Lara’s Facebook video has been viewed more than 130,000 times and shared by more than 2,500 people. In the description, she explained that Zuzu was “good with dogs and kids” and available to be adopted.

Her name — which was given to her by shelter staff — was inspired by Karolyn Grimes’ character in the movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life.”

“Why, because we are going to post, tag and share her and give her a New life,” Lara said. “A wonderful life!”

If this is the case, they should never be allowed to adopt another dog.  If someone can dump their beautiful dog like that,  they don't deserve the love and devotion of a pet.  Heartless selfish excuses for people. Hope Zuzu goes to a home where she is loved and truly part of the family. 

I've heard of this video but I can't watch it, people are so disgusting and no reason why this family should have been allowed to walk out with another dog.

What really worries me is that Downey is a high kill shelter.  If I had a house, I would totally go and get this poor dog.  I hope someone gets him *soon*.

On 30.11.2016 at 2:12 PM, Lolo said:

Why did they let them adopt another dog? 

Exactly! How on earh were they able to adopt another dog???

Reading stories like that makes me so angry! I really hope those assholes get what they deserve..

Now is the time before christmas...I don't want to think about how many people get a pet (a baby of course), that will be given away once the pet is grown up...