Black Friday 2016

Camacho

I love black friday.

My goal is, when I visit the United States, I will go to Walmart and Tesco and observe the peeps there.

Must be fun.

ALso, I do black friday online aswell, its more calm and with no stress, no time waisting :p

On Black Friday I bought a DVD online, for myself, that's it. On Saturday there was a thing called Small business Saturday and parking meters were free because they said this was a federal holiday. The area was crazy packed. I got my coffee, at an independent place, hung out for awhile and went home. I can't get into holiday shopping this year. Maybe tomorrow.

23 hours ago, whyme? said:

Who the fuck wants to wake up at 4 in the morning and ruin your day off from work when you can finally sleep in late? I don't get people.

Exactly.  I don't get it either.

Oh Black Friday. 

Ive been in retail since 1997 when I got my first job at Spencer Gifts 😂 I didn't last long and moved to American Eagle where I experienced my first Black Friday. 

Honestly? I thought it was fun. And it was. It was kinda a form of Americana really. Get up early with friends & family, go have breakfast, wear ugly sweaters. There wasn't ANY of this trampling, screaming, shooting or PEOPLE FUCKING DYING. 

While the malls were packed, most people had some god damn holiday cheer. 

Now it's just become a complete and total  reflection of where we are as a society. Greedy, selfish, crude, materialistic. I'm not saying we weren't 20 years ago, but the "magic" of the day is long gone. 

28 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

Exactly.  I don't get it either.

Nor do I lol! Yet...many, many people are in that shallow, materialistic fog that just a few of us don't get. Even before the internet never got WHY one would want to get up before dawn and subject themselves to the absolute horror of dealing w/ that 'kind' of mob crowd mindset. Almost Titanic style. People who would actually trample over someone or watch others do it yet not give two shits long as they get their greedy, impatient hands on a fking toy they truly can live without! lol :# 

14 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Oh Black Friday. 

Ive been in retail since 1997 when I got my first job at Spencer Gifts 😂 I didn't last long and moved to American Eagle where I experienced my first Black Friday. 

Honestly? I thought it was fun. And it was. It was kinda a form of Americana really. Get up early with friends & family, go have breakfast, wear ugly sweaters. There wasn't ANY of this trampling, screaming, shooting or PEOPLE FUCKING DYING. 

While the malls were packed, most people had some god damn holiday cheer. 

Now it's just become a complete and total  reflection of where we are as a society. Greedy, selfish, crude, materialistic. I'm not saying we weren't 20 years ago, but the "magic" of the day is long gone. 

In 1997 I was working two jobs.  One was at The Body Shop on weekends in Portland.  I remember the Christmas season being fun.  Because we were busy, the days went by fast.   People weren't rude or obnoxious.  At the end of the day, my best friend and I would clean up shop and go out.  We had a blast.  

43 minutes ago, Hector said:

IMG_1778.JPG

lmao! Think this happened in the UK but notice it's almost ALWAYS these pasty white 'straight' men who look like they're from Arkansas, North Carolina etc..who just somehow are the ones randomly dealing with this kind of 'dilemma'. Hmm...

17 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

In 1997 I was working two jobs.  One was at The Body Shop on weekends in Portland.  I remember the Christmas season being fun.  Because we were busy, the days went by fast.   People weren't rude or obnoxious.  At the end of the day, my best friend and I would clean up shop and go out.  We had a blast.  

Geezus 1997 is a year I still refuse to believe is basically 20 years! 8*o. Everything about it just doesnt seem that dated at all. Soo vividly remember everything and the holiday season. Titantic, Celine Dion, AOL lol, ROL was getting major pre hype etc..Again...crazy it's that long ago. While the internet was exploding that year even w/ just dial up, the way people shopped and did everything was still old school (going to the malls etc...) I remember the book store cafe places like Borders were red hot and soo much fun during the holidays! Listening to all the new CDs in their entirety at listening stations. Kind of miss those stores :/. They all went down hard in 2008-ish after the market crashed and there was just no use for those places anymore. EBay, Amazon and the like weren't even close to exploding to what they became today. While online shopping is waay easier seems the people who still choose to go to actual stores now are just meaner, vicious and more impatient than ever. 

42 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Geezus 1997 is a year I still refuse to believe is basically 20 years! 8*o. Everything about it just doesnt seem that dated at all. Soo vividly remember everything and the holiday season. Titantic, Celine Dion, AOL lol, ROL was getting major pre hype etc..Again...crazy it's that long ago. While the internet was exploding that year even w/ just dial up, the way people shopped and did everything was still old school (going to the malls etc...) I remember the book store cafe places like Borders were red hot and soo much fun during the holidays! Listening to all the new CDs in their entirety at listening stations. Kind of miss those stores :/. They all went down hard in 2008-ish after the market crashed and there was just no use for those places anymore. EBay, Amazon and the like weren't even close to exploding to what they became today. While online shopping is waay easier seems the people who still choose to go to actual stores now are just meaner, vicious and more impatient than ever. 

I was working at a Portland newspaper, The Willamette Week, and in my office we had one computer for 10 people to share.  I still had a typewriter on my desk.  I was editing copy with a note pad and newspaper clippings.  We used to take turns on the computer, but no one was ever in a rush to use it. 

I remember having a Discman and having to change CDs.  That was high-tech, man. 

You're right, it doesn't seem that long ago. 

17 hours ago, WeboGirl said:

I remember having a Discman and having to change CDs.  That was high-tech, man. 

I will always remember my 1st Sony discman. It was very expensive and I thought it was the best invention on Earth, :lol:

I was so proud, :laugh:

On 11/29/2016 at 10:11 PM, runa said:

I will always remember my 1st Sony discman. It was very expensive and I thought it was the best invention on Earth, :lol:

I was so proud, :laugh:

I still kept my Discman even if it doesn't work anymore :inlove: