Teacher Yells at Black Students, Says They’ll Be ‘Broke Ass N*ggers Who Get Shot’

jaron

http://www.lovebscott.com/news/say-what-now-baltimore-teacher-tells-black-students-they-are-broke-ass-nggers-who-will-get-shot-video

A video is circulating online of school teacher at Harlem Park Elementary School in Baltimore screaming and yelling at her students.

While, teachers yelling at students isn’t uncommon these days — it’s what the unnamed teacher said that has everyone up in arms.

“You’re idiots.You have a chance to get an education. Do you wanna be a broke ass n*gger who’s going to get shot?” the teacher yelled. “Learn something. Be a man.”

Erica Esha Deminds shared the video of her son’s unnamed teacher on Facebook.

On 11/18/2016 at 9:01 AM, VogueMusic said:

It's disgusting and unacceptable. 

There's plenty of ways they could have gotten the message of "take your education seriously" across without resorting to this. C'mon now...

No excusing this crap.

I don't know...maybe the teacher was trying to speak in a language that they will feel closer? sometimes, at least in spain,it works...that said,I haven't watched the video yet.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/bs-md-ci-teacher-video-folo-20161118-story.html

The mother who posted a video of a white Baltimore teacher berating a class of black students and using a racial epithet said she regrets that the meltdown led to the teacher being fired.

Erica Esha Deminds, mother of a Harlem Park Elementary/Middle School eighth-grader who was in the science class, posted the video Wednesday. It quickly went viral and has been viewed more than 7 million times.

"You take this woman's whole life and judge it by 1 minute and 30 seconds," said Deminds, who described the teacher as "a woman who wanted to teach these kids because she's passionate about her job."

In the video, the teacher is heard yelling at her students and calling them "stupid" and "idiots." She tells them that if they don't get an education, they'll wind up "a punk-ass n— — who's going to get shot." School officials said the incident took place Tuesday and the teacher was fired the next day.

The video has drawn wide reaction on social media, with some outraged by the teacher's behavior and others suggesting that she may have been overwhelmed.

Deminds said the teacher, who has not been publicly identified, was wrong to use such language. But she said she doesn't believe the teacher is racist. Deminds said she posted the video to get reaction from her relatives but did not realize it would be widely disseminated.

"It bothered me to see her that way, but she's not a nasty teacher," Deminds said. "She was more so hurt than anything because she couldn't get the kids to learn, and she couldn't get them to listen."

She also said she thinks the teacher is being treated unfairly because she is white. She said she doesn't consider use of the epithet appropriate, but says there's a double standard.

"If this was a black man doing it, it would have been a high five," she said. "Her message was right — her approach was wrong."

City school officials took swift action to fire the teacher after learning of the incident Wednesday. City schools CEO Sonja Santelises said no matter the circumstances, the teacher crossed the line.

"The focus of our reaction was really about the way that teacher went about it, and the way that young people were treated and addressed," Santelises said in a news conference Thursday.

She also rejected the notion that the outburst reflected a lack of teacher support and training.

"There are many people who struggle with classroom management, but they don't resort to hate language," Santelises said. "We can't provide enough support to counteract what's in someone's heart."

The Baltimore Teachers Union reiterated Friday that it stood behind the school district's decision to fire the teacher.

Deminds said that her son was one of at least two students sent out of the class for misbehaving and that she was embarrassed that he contributed to the chaos in the classroom. When he got home and told her what happened, Deminds said she didn't ask him about what the teacher said, but "what did you do?"

The one-minute video shows the teacher grabbing a male student by the hood of his jacket as she yells at him to leave her class. She then turns to the rest of the class and screams, "Who else needs to freaking leave?"

She goes on to make the racially incendiary comments.

Deminds said she thinks the teacher should have been suspended or counseled instead — and given a second chance.

"Now, she's at home picking up the pieces of her life," Deminds said. "She loses her career, the kids lost their teacher. Nobody wins in this situation."

Nice action on city school officials side. NOT. Political correctness gone wrong.  I have several teachers in my family and circle of friends and they basically say one thing, being a teacher today is not really fun anymore. Entitled children and even worse entitled parents. Especially those parents who believe their children are more intelligent than they really are. Hell breaks loose if their children get a bad mark. Those parents don't even have a problem to threaten with a lawyer, some even sue teachers just that their children get a better evaluation. Of course it's all the teachers fault. There used to be a time when teachers were people that were highly respected. Not anymore. Lots of prejudice that teachers don't do anything for their money and have lots of spare time. And people are surprised that no one wants to become a teacher anymore.

Disgusting that the teacher got fired. Now those lazy kids will get a very PC one who doesn't give a damn about them and everyone is satisfied.  

It says it all that the only people who got what the teacher was really doing are us European.  

3 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Nice action on city school officials side. NOT. Political correctness gone wrong.  I have several teachers in my family and circle of friends and they basically say one thing, being a teacher today is not really fun anymore. Entitled children and even worse entitled parents. Especially those parents who believe their children are more intelligent than they really are. Hell breaks loose if their children get a bad mark. Those parents don't even have a problem to threaten with a lawyer, some even sue teachers just that their children get a better evaluation. Of course it's all the teachers fault. There used to be a time when teachers were people that were highly respected. Not anymore. Lots of prejudice that teachers don't do anything for their money and have lots of spare time. And people are surprised that no one wants to become a teacher anymore.

this is the only truth, I´m afraid it is

16 hours ago, karbatal said:

Disgusting that the teacher got fired. Now those lazy kids will get a very PC one who doesn't give a damn about them and everyone is satisfied.  

It says it all that the only people who got what the teacher was really doing are us European.  

THE TEACHER CALLED THE STUDENTS NIGGERS.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
30 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

Why do you care more about this than the mother of one of the children and person who posted the video? Even she thinks firing the teacher was a cruel mistake.

42 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

The teacher made clear that if they did not study and got into the world unprepared they would end up being walking cliches : black ganstas.  Really, get out of your politically correct world and read the real message. 

1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Why do you care more about this than the mother of one of the children and person who posted the video? Even she thinks firing the teacher was a cruel mistake.

Well then she's dumb as shit and complacent with a t acher being blatantly racist. This teacher obviously wasn't skilled enough to keep her students in check and got angry about it. There is absolutely NO justification for a white person calling a black person nigger. NONE. I don't give a fuck what the mother said

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

The teacher made clear that if they did not study and got into the world unprepared they would end up being walking cliches : black ganstas.  Really, get out of your politically correct world and read the real message. 

Well then that's their choice. There's no "message" in what she said. Period. She's a racist white woman who feels entitled to say whatever she wants to say because students aren't listening to her. If she wants to teach good "respectful" students she should ask to be put somewhere else or get another job at a better school. I don't give a fuck. A white person calling a black person nigger is RACIST. IT. IS. RACIST. Maybe if the government did a better job of improving the quality of schools in areas where this is prone to happen students would do a better job at learning. I know for a FACT that there are ways to get students to listen instead of angrily ranting at them, calling them niggers and telling them what they think will happen because they can't get them to listen. It's RIDICULOUS how people are justifying this ignorant behavior. She got what the hell she deserved period

40 minutes ago, drunkbysix said:

Well then that's their choice. There's no "message" in what she said. Period. She's a racist white woman who feels entitled to say whatever she wants to say because students aren't listening to her. If she wants to teach good "respectful" students she should ask to be put somewhere else or get another job at a better school. I don't give a fuck. A white person calling a black person nigger is RACIST. IT. IS. RACIST. Maybe if the government did a better job of improving the quality of schools in areas where this is prone to happen students would do a better job at learning. I know for a FACT that there are ways to get students to listen instead of angrily ranting at them, calling them niggers and telling them what they think will happen because they can't get them to listen. It's RIDICULOUS how people are justifying this ignorant behavior. She got what the hell she deserved period

I think the problem is that some just don't understand the power/history behind that word in the context of American history.

Has fuck all to do with "political correctness". At the very least it has everything to do with basic human decency.

36 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Well, I guess it makes it easier to see things so simply.

Are you black? If not then I doubt you understand how offensive her rhetoric was. Like I said, there are other ways to get students to listen to you. Her shouting these remarks aren't going to make them respect her any more. as a teacher there is a certain demeanor that you have to keep in front of your students. Showing weakness drives them to disbehave more. Isolate the students who are misbehaving and making a choice not to learn and teach the students who aren't. Simple as that.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, drunkbysix said:

Are you black? If not then I doubt you understand how offensive her rhetoric was. Like I said, there are other ways to get students to listen to you. Her shouting these remarks aren't going to make them respect her any more. as a teacher there is a certain demeanor that you have to keep in front of your students. Showing weakness drives them to disbehave more. Isolate the students who are misbehaving and making a choice not to learn and teach the students who aren't. Simple as that.

I know all of that and don't question that she was wrong. Of course she was wrong and over the line! I guess you've never insulted anyone in your life by mistake and that you've never lost control. Lucky you. Being a teacher is hard when you give a shit about your students, when you want them to succeed and become intelligent, responsible adults, so they can be SAFE. If she thought her students were any lesser, she would have put a video on and said "fuck it", as so many do. She lost it. Does that really warrant her to be fired (and probably never work again as a teacher anywhere)?

Guest Pud Whacker
37 minutes ago, Django said:

People nowadays love to be offended. It must be their only way to prove their mediocre existence.

not only do they LOVE IT, theyre LOOKING FOR IT like a sleuth with their cameras in place of the magnifying glass. 

its become so ridiculous that were even more desensitized than ever before.

this is why teachers have backed off and dont care.  theyre underpaid and have to deal with that all day?  id throw them comic books and say - GOOD LUCK!!!

i was pulled, flicked, brought to the principals office by my neck by teachers for misbehaving and NOT ONCE did my parents stand up for me nor should they have, i knew the rules and I CHOSE TO BREAK THEM. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
38 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

i was pulled, flicked, brought to the principals office by my neck by teachers for misbehaving and NOT ONCE did my parents stand up for me nor should they have, i knew the rules and I CHOSE TO BREAK THEM. 

Oh my. Today, your teachers would be in prison for 25 years for NECK RAPE.

I remember in high school once a guy (who came in late to class) was physically taken out of class by the teacher! He totally deserved it as he was a bastard too. No one made a fuss about it, we could continue learning. :chuckle:

Guest Pud Whacker
2 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

:lol:

it's true!!!

listen my parents would be BILLIONAIRES today. I was NEVER in the closet, I was thrown out of schools for being gay. Imagine that today?!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
8 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I remember in high school once a guy (who came in late to class) was physically taken out of class by the teacher! He totally deserved it as he was a bastard too. No one made a fuss about it, we could continue learning. :chuckle:

Of course. That disrupts everyone else. And many times, I was that disrupter! Like I said, I was openly gay so I had to FIGHT for my place in the world pre-WORLD GAY ACCEPTANCE! 70s/80s.

And I felt like the Lone Ranger so I was acting out a lot. But nevertheless....

2 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I know all of that and don't question that she was wrong. Of course she was wrong and over the line! I guess you've never insulted anyone in your life by mistake and that you've never lost control. Lucky you. Being a teacher is hard when you give a shit about your students, when you want them to succeed and become intelligent, responsible adults, so they can be SAFE. If she thought her students were any lesser, she would have put a video on and said "fuck it", as so many do. She lost it. Does that really warrant her to be fired (and probably never work again as a teacher anywhere)?

Yes it does lol you're making excuses for a racist who had predetermined feelings about a black students. LOL goodbye 

I've taught students before. I've never resorted to calling them names when they wouldn't listen. It's called self control.

not talking about race here anymore you all are unbelievable! Starting to believe you're racist too!