MadonnaNation.com Forums
realityisalways

Paula Abdul announces Tour with NKOTB & Boyz II Men

On 2016-11-26 at 1:07 PM, mtzlplk said:

Paula Abdul is the best dancer/performer of her time... Her live TV performances is pure dance perfection and she makes is look effortless and relaxed... She is unmatched in this field even until now...  Can you name one who came close to her? Janet is robotic, J.Lo is s wannabe... of course, MADONNA is in a totally different league... She's not into full-blown dance routines...

That performance sucked. I remember watching the 1989 MTV awards. Madonna was the highlight. I thought Paula was going to vomit from all that spinning. 

I liked her AMA 1990 performance better

I'll give her this, her songs have lead to some of Rupaul's Drag Race's most iconic lip synchs for your life:

• Straight Up: Raja vs. Carmen Carrera
  • Cold Hearted: Coco Montrese vs. Alyssa Edwards
  • Vibeology: Adore Delano vs. Trinity K. Bonet

I'm only going if she's performing Vibeology!!!

Homegirl can still MOVE. Good for her. She's a pop treasure of the likes that we simply don't see these days.

Although, the beginning of Coldhearted Snake TOTALLY borrows from the beginning of Music on the RHT. 

The Straight Up video is one of the very best of all the 1980s. The editing is absolutely genius in that video. People rarely reference that video but it really is a major contribution of 80s culture.

46 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

The Straight Up video is one of the very best of all the 1980s. The editing is absolutely genius in that video. People rarely reference that video but it really is a major contribution of 80s culture.

David Fincher.

I just looked it up and although Fincher directed it he did not edit it. Jim Haygood was the editor according to Wikipedia. He also edited... Express Yourself, Vogue, Oh Father and many Fincher films.

Editing is almost always a direct collaboration between the director and editor. The director is even sometimes in the room "directing" the editor the way he/she directs the cinematographer, costume designer, actors, etc. That's what directing is. But editor usually gets sole credit, as they should for doing the actual physical work. 

True, but that really depends on the director, some just give notes or see edited parts and comment. It's the same with any post really, from cinematography to art direction. Woody Allen goes to see the Knicks ASAP and Xavier Dolan spends every hour in the editing room himself.

Go Paula Go Paula!! Fuck Gaga Fuck Gaga!! :8D lol

Paula even when she started declining, flopping or close to it w/ jams/gems like Vibeology etc...) and even that 1995 crap album was still 100x hotter, cuter, charismatic, more talented, and humble/likable etc...even if she was super space cadet-ish and drugged up lol. Her 'worst' songs still wet pooped all over even some of Gaga biggest (s)hits lol. 

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:39 PM, realityisalways said:

Outperforming every female in 2016. Seriously. She's still got it.

Much better backdrop than Floppita's Microsoft Power point slide show. :chuckle: 

And yes, she can dance much better than Floppita, Pariah & Kaka!

22 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I just looked it up and although Fincher directed it he did not edit it. Jim Haygood was the editor according to Wikipedia. He also edited... Express Yourself, Vogue, Oh Father and many Fincher films.

David Fincher also directed Coldhearted, Forever Your Girl and It's Just the Way that You Love Me (Version 2).

Bought Meet & Greet for Paula in June! I am so excited.

my love is for real.... I like this song...remember that it was top ten in Oz...