Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Guest Pud Whacker

3 hours ago, GOD said:

So that's why Kanye met trup. 

Him and Kim are dreaming big. 

And thanks to the "glass ceiling" that Trump shattered, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. The title POTUS has definitely lost some prestige after 2016. It's basically all become one big, reality TV show. So why not Kanye? Why not Mary Carey? Can we bring her back? 

DRAKE 2032!!

HONEY BOO BOO 2040!!! 

18 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

No one with a brain wants a tradition to continue just because it's a tradition (yes, those redneck Trump supporters who hold on to it that way are somehow brainless). Those who want it to continue have reasons for it. Why bring up slavery? Oh, provocation, I get it. Some things do need to change and they do all the time. They sure will now with those circus freaks in power in the US now – « thanks Americans for taking care so well of your own democracy! Such a great example for the world, as you often claim to be! » The popular vote usually coincides with the electoral college vote (only five times has this not been the case : 1824, 1876, 1888, 2000 and 2016). Your jeremiad passes over the reasons why this system was chosen : to prevent majoritarian rule and permanent sovereignty.

« As students of ancient history, the Founders feared the destructive passions of direct democracy, and as recent subjects of an overreaching monarch, they equally feared the rule of an elite unresponsive to the will of the people. The Electoral College was a compromise, neither fully democratic nor aristocratic. (...) America’s presidential election system also was designed to empower the states, not just the American people as an undifferentiated mass. (...) if the president were elected by unfiltered national vote, small and rural states would become irrelevant, and campaigns would spend their time in large, populous districts. »

http://dailysignal.com/2016/11/07/why-the-founders-created-the-electoral-college/

They had the capacity to "count all votes" before as well, because they were aware of the existence of such a thing as « mathematics », you know. Digital technology didn't make it happen. If that choice was made and it was kept going for so long, there ARE reasons, which you may not care about, which is your prerogative, but they don't cease to exist because you choose to blind youself to them.

This is all lovely. However, what we have this year is a very unusual situation. Was the popular vote for the losing candidates in 1824, 1876, 1888 or 2000 EVER over 3 million over that of the winning candidate? Seems a bit extreme. 

6 hours ago, GOD said:

So that's why Kanye met trup. 

Him and Kim are dreaming big. 

I am not so sure about that. There are a lot of blinds that a divorce is already in the works because of his erratic behavior. In addition to that, his financial problems are piling up. So why stay with him? Love?

This is another problem with Trump; now all these celebrities want to be President. I mean shouldn't people be qualified? What makes people so sure he ll b a great president just because he's an accomplished businessman? 

45 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

This is another problem with Trump; now all these celebrities want to be President. I mean shouldn't people be qualified? What makes people so sure he ll b a great president just because he's an accomplished businessman? 

Madonna is the only celebrity that i want as president. Lol

I put CNN on for the first time since election night. Then I flipped through FOX, MSNBC, CNBC... 

And I shut it off after 20min. 

All of it has become the Donald Trump Show. This is exactly what thought would happen. He's turned the office of the presidency on its head and is treating it like some twisted reality show. 

From the SOS pick to his mind boggling "thank you" rallies to his incessant tweeting.  

It pains me to think we have to endure at least 4 years of this. My hope is that by the time 2020 rolls around people will be so exhausted from all of this they'll be ready to change the channel on him for good. 

Everything is so WRONG that I cn't even be arsed to comment here. That oil mogul as Foreign Affairs minister is the last drop. The only positive thing is that at least the White House has taken off the mask and shows the true colours of what Foreign Affaris mean for them since the 70s. 

Businessman Bill Gates exits through the lobby at Trump Tower in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., December 13, 2016.

Bill-Gates-1.jpg

Microsoft Corp co-founder and philanthropist Bill Gates said he and U.S. President-elect Donald Trump had a good conversation about "the power of innovation" on a variety of issues, including health and education.

"We had a good conversation about innovation, how it can help in health, education, impact of foreign aide and energy," Gates, who runs one of the largest private charities in the world, told reporters as he left Trump Tower in New York City after their talk.

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

Where are the Trump voters finding an excuse for why the Secretary of State pick is a wise choice and we're all just sore losers :lmao:

😂😂😂😂

I've also noticed how quiet they've been. 

And @Hector if these last 4 weeks are any indication as to how he'll govern, his administration will be messier than a bathhouse in Chicago during pride weeknd. 

Rex W. Tillerson is quite a controversial choice. But the Dems are not blemish free.

Exxon has a long and sorted past both in the US and abroad. Can't and wont defend that but the Clinton foundation accepted at least a million dollars from Exxon. Hillary Clinton’s Biggest Campaign Bundlers Are Fossil Fuel Lobbyists

“It's time for the United States to start thinking of Iraq as a business opportunity," she said in a 2011 speech.

The quote was included in an email released by the State Department on Wednesday that specifically mentioned JPMorgan and Exxon Mobil. JPMorgan was selected by the U.S. government to run a key import-export bank in Iraq and in 2013 announced plans to expand its operations in the country. Exxon Mobil signed a deal to redevelop Iraqi oil fields. JPMorgan has collectively paid the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation at least $450,000 for speeches, and Exxon Mobil has donated over $1 million to the family’s foundation.

http://www.ibtimes.com/campaign-2016-hillary-clinton-pitched-iraq-business-opportunity-us-corporations-2121999

11 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

And thanks to the "glass ceiling" that Trump shattered, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. The title POTUS has definitely lost some prestige after 2016. It's basically all become one big, reality TV show. So why not Kanye? Why not Mary Carey? Can we bring her back? 

DRAKE 2032!!

HONEY BOO BOO 2040!!! 

I agree. Anyone can be a president now.
Any man, I mean. Female is out of the question.

4 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I put CNN on for the first time since election night. Then I flipped through FOX, MSNBC, CNBC... 

And I shut it off after 20min. 

All of it has become the Donald Trump Show. This is exactly what thought would happen. He's turned the office of the presidency on its head and is treating it like some twisted reality show. 

From the SOS pick to his mind boggling "thank you" rallies to his incessant tweeting.  

It pains me to think we have to endure at least 4 years of this. My hope is that by the time 2020 rolls around people will be so exhausted from all of this they'll be ready to change the channel on him for good. 

probably not, i think it will go even worse with time. Kanye West #2024.

21 hours ago, Hector said:

Well this ain't different than Hilary meet w/GAGA ,Britney and Katy Perry.

this Ana Navarro is such a drama queen.

6 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

FUCK AMERICA AND WESTERN MEDIA 

Congratulations for Syrians and their army for beating Daech/ISIS and winning the war against the World ,the US needs to stop playing the world police.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
4 hours ago, Love Spent said:

Rex W. Tillerson is quite a controversial choice. But the Dems are not blemish free.

Exxon has a long and sorted past both in the US and abroad. Can't and wont defend that but the Clinton foundation accepted at least a million dollars from Exxon. Hillary Clinton’s Biggest Campaign Bundlers Are Fossil Fuel Lobbyists

“It's time for the United States to start thinking of Iraq as a business opportunity," she said in a 2011 speech.

The quote was included in an email released by the State Department on Wednesday that specifically mentioned JPMorgan and Exxon Mobil. JPMorgan was selected by the U.S. government to run a key import-export bank in Iraq and in 2013 announced plans to expand its operations in the country. Exxon Mobil signed a deal to redevelop Iraqi oil fields. JPMorgan has collectively paid the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation at least $450,000 for speeches, and Exxon Mobil has donated over $1 million to the family’s foundation.

http://www.ibtimes.com/campaign-2016-hillary-clinton-pitched-iraq-business-opportunity-us-corporations-2121999

Are you sure you want to go there? I mean, to criticize the Clintons' integrity might get you branded a toothess fascistic Trump supporter living in a cave. Be careful.:chuckle:

3 hours ago, Love Spent said:

Oh I know you all missed the 2 Trump voters. Us against the world. Good times!  :laugh:

But she stopped posting.... any intel @ULIZOS?

I guess it gets really dull being called a bigot by complete strangers.

Yeah, it's basically been the same ongoing conversation over the last 4 weeks. 

6 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

FUCK AMERICA AND WESTERN MEDIA 

Lies. Lies. Lies.. I spoke to a group of Syrian refugees and trust me what's going on there with Assad the dictator is disgusting. This woman is probably paid by Russia. 

Besides I don't need the press to tell me anything. Just need to look at the pictures and videos.. or are those made in Hollywood? The length some peeps go to defend dictators is becoming rather embarrassing. 

19 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Lies. Lies. Lies.. I spoke to a group of Syrian refugees and trust me what's going on there with Assad the dictator is disgusting. This woman is probably paid by Russia. 

:megamanson: 

Eva Bartlett is being toured in the US by pro-Assad forces who claim to be antiwar but support Syrian & Russian bombing of civilians as a freedom operation against “throat-cutting, organ-eating jihadist terrorists.”

Her speech at the UN Syrian mission was a predictable litany of accusations about those “jihadists” which will go over well with committed Assad supporters. But critical-minded activists & those confused about the Syrian war will require elaboration–which unfortunately Bartlett may not be able or willing to give.

Bartlett’s mantra is that there never was a popular uprising against Assad’s dictatorship in 2011, that since its beginning, the war has been a proxy war against a progressive Assad regime by US armed & trained terrorist militias with the purpose of regime change. But according to Bartlett’s own biography, she was in Gaza till after November 2012. So whose authority is she accepting that there was no popular movement against Assad–when Syrians who participated in that uprising testify otherwise & when there are mountains of documentation, including hundreds of videos?

When Bartlett & other Assadist sources describe what is going on in east Aleppo (as an example), they claim the 250,000 civilians sustaining Syrian & Russian bombing are controlled by those “throat-cutting, organ-eating jihadists.” They deny east Aleppo is being bombed & insist it is the “jihadists” who are creating the mountains of rubble. Any documentation to the contrary they claim is “fake news.”

The first question for Bartlett is: how does she know what’s going on in east Aleppo when she has not been there? What are her unimpeachable sources? Out of the over 1,000 armed militias in Syria, which ones does she know are operating in east Aleppo & how does she know that? How does she know their political character & that they are “head-chopping jihadists”? Can she document anything from independent sources who are not embedded with the Syrian army like Robert Fisk?

Most Assadists, including Bartlett, only name a few “jihadist” militias like al-Nusra & the Free Syrian Army but they insist they’re all alike, that there are no moderate militia groups. Maybe they’re simplifying because in mainstream media & other sources, there are so many militia groups with such different politics that flow charts are required. Perhaps to prove her authority, Bartlett could detail & document some of the most important groups to show she’s not talking through her hat or serving as an Assad propagandist.

What does she know about the pro-Assad militias? How many are there & where are they operating in Syria? Does she know which of the over 1,000 militias in Syria are armed by the CIA & which by the US military & what their field of operations are? Which ones are Hezbollah? Which ones foreign mercenaries? Iranians? ISIS?

Most importantly, how is the US using those militias to accomplish regime-change? It would have been so much easier for the US to accomplish that with bombers against a weakened Syrian military before Russia entered the war in September 2015. Can Bartlett explain why the US temporized over three years instead of doing just what it did in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya?

Bartlett leads the chorus that chants like a broken record: nothing one reads in “corporate media” about Syria can be trusted. It is all lies. It is all “fake news.” Her sweeping indictment includes every single media source from the NY Times to Democracy Now that doesn’t have an ardent pro-Assad position & doesn’t promote Russian military intervention.

But to her, the treachery & lying doesn’t end with mainstream media. She has devised a list of NGOs & human rights organizations who also report nothing but lies about Assad & Putin. That list which she promises to expand includes Medecins Sans Frontiers/Doctors Without Borders, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, the White Helmets, & others guilty of not supporting Assad’s dictatorship.

It is not persuasive that Bartlett only relies on Russian-owned media or pro-Assad sources, including propagandists like herself, for an understanding of the Syrian war.

So the second question is: how can she be believed? What independent sources does Bartlett use to prove that there never was a popular uprising against Assad’s dictatorship, that “jihadist terrorists” funded by the US are the only opposition to the Assad regime & they are all engaged in “throat-cutting & organ-eating”?

Bartlett would be so much more credible if she would just identify her unimpeachable sources, if she could document a single thing she says, & if she didn’t have such close ties to the Assad dictatorship.