Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Guest Pud Whacker

Imagine the OUTRAGE among the Trumpers/Trumpettes if he won the popular vote by 3 million and Hillary became president! They were already screaming EVERYTHING was rigged as it was.......but the Dems are just supposed to sit back, shut up and "accept" the results because the Electoral College says so?? Nope. Not gonna happen. Funny how this sort of thing only seems to happen with Republican candidates?? Hmmmmm......that's not suspicious at all.

I hope on 12/19 the Electoral College does the right thing and vote for the candidate the PEOPLE chose.....they won't of course but Trump is not who this country wants. It's not who we voted for. That's been made abundantly clear. The people celebrating his victory really should be ashamed of themselves tbqh. You're celebrating a flawed, outdated and corrupt system that needs to be taken down. The irony of the situation is that Trump supporters are fired up, ready to go against the "norms", shake up the system...fuck it....overturn the system is more like it.......the funny thing is though, without the "system" you wouldn't be celebrating his victory at all. If this were an actual Democracy, Hillary Clinton would be taking office on 1/20....and who knows, maybe she will still?? :IMG_1564:

They agreed to run under the system that has been in place for 200+ years. They campaigned based on electorally significant areas, not population centers. Hillary conceded.

Trump said '' To say you wont respect the results of an election __  THAT IS A DIRECT THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY! ''

Oh wait, that quote was actually Hillary Clinton.

America is a Constitutional Republic. The Electoral College was created specifically with the purpose of preventing high population states like CA from picking the winners.

countymaprb512.png

1 hour ago, Love Spent said:

They agreed to run under the system that has been in place for 200+ years. They campained based on electorally significant areas, not population centers. Hillary conceded.

Trump said '' To say you wont respect the results of an election __  THAT IS A DIRECT THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY! ''

Oh wait, that quote was actually Hillary Clinton.

America is a Constitutional Republic. The Electoral College was created specifically with the purpose of preventing high population states like CA from picking the winners.

countymaprb512.png

And if it were 200 years ago I'd be able to own slaves.........why do Republicans always freak out when "tradition" gets threatened?? Some things NEED to change with the times. This is one of those things. The Electoral College is not relevant in this day and age. It's archaic. If that's considered "democracy" then it needs to be "threatened". I could care less why it was created 200 years ago. We have the capability today to count all votes, from every place. Why does it matter what region the most votes come from? It's quite simple......every person that can legally vote in every state votes...add up the total....the candidate with the most votes wins. What's so difficult about this? 

I completely agree we should accept the election results which is why Hillary Clinton should be sworn in on 1/20/17. The Electoral College needs to redeem themselves and do right by the American people on 12/19. If not, then we need to find other ways to let the voices of the American voters be heard going forward. Like many things regarding this election, the loser being 3 million ahead in popular votes in an unusual situation and it needs to be addressed accordingly. 

Again, the one thing that's funny about this is that the "system" you Trump supporters loathe to the core is the "system" that's handed the election to him. The results of this election were chosen for you, for me and for everyone and you seem to be perfectly content with that because "that's what we did 200 years ago" and you just so happen to like who they chose. What happened to "less government"?

If the Electoral College chose Clinton and Trump were 3 million ahead in popular votes........I'd still be happy she won obviously because quite frankly, she's the most qualified. Deep down though, I'd know it's not "right" because it's not what the people voted. 

Do you remember the HUGE outcry from the Obama (Hope and CHANGE candidate) and Clinton campaign about how corrupt and unfair the electoral college system was? 

Yeah, neither do I.

Both parties accepted the current system and campaigned accordingly. Clinton and Obama even did rallies in PA and Michigan a week before the election, because they knew it would be close, and they NEEDED those Electoral votes.

3.  Bargaining – The third stage of grief is Bargaining.  This is when those who are grieving are reaching out to the universe to make the pain go away. People will often try to make a deal, or promise to do anything, if the pain will be taken away.

Trump Tells 60 Minutes He Would Prefer Popular Vote

STAHL: ...you were running around saying the system is rigged. The whole thing is rigged. You tweeted once that the Electoral College is a "disaster for democracy."

TRUMP: "I do."

STAHL: So do you still think it's rigged?

TRUMP: I think the Electoral College--look, I won with the Electoral College.

STAHL: Exactly--but do you think it's rigged?

TRUMP: Yeah. Some of the election locations are; some of the system is.

STAHL: Even though you won, you're saying that?

TRUMP: Well, I'm not gonna change my mind just because I won. But, I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes, somebody else gets 90 million votes, and you win. There's a reason for doing this because it brings all the states into play--[the] Electoral College--and there's something very good about that. This is a different system, but I respect it.

This may be the only time I will say I agree with Trump.

And just for clarification, I am NOT a Republican. I have voted Democrat my entire adult life, until this election.

Let me guess......you're a female??

Do you remember the HUGE outcry from the Obama (Hope and CHANGE candidate) and Clinton campaign about how corrupt and unfair the electoral college system was? 

Yeah, neither do I.

Both parties accepted the current system and campaigned accordingly. Clinton and Obama even did rallies in PA and Michigan a week before the election, because they knew it would be close, and they NEEDED those Electoral votes.

3.  Bargaining – The third stage of grief is Bargaining.  This is when those who are grieving are reaching out to the universe to make the pain go away. People will often try to make a deal, or promise to do anything, if the pain will be taken away.

I agree with all of this. They did need the Electoral votes and perhaps it was a case of "too little too late" for the Clinton campaign in that regard hence the last minute focus on PA and MI. At the end of the day though, it still doesn't make it right. There isn't supposed to be such a huge discrepancy between the Electoral and popular votes. They should be at the very least, close......Hillary completely obliterated him and the Electoral votes obviously don't reflect that. You honestly don't see any problem with that whatsoever?? Putting aside whether either of them like the electoral college system or not. 

For once, I kinda agree with @Love Spent about this. According to the system in place, he won and there's not a lot to do about it. The system is fucked up, but that's how it is.

What I find disrespectful, is that I think Trump should be careful when he chose his team and try to keep in mind he didn't get the voting majority. There is more people who disagree with his ideas so he should try to be more respectful of this. From now on, he said he will be the president of every American, but from what I see, this isn't clearly the case. 

@Kurt420

I'm glad we can agree.

I've tried to put myself in the shoes of a person who voted for her and I imagined I'd be hugely disappointed and annoyed but I'd accept it because this is the system, albeit flawed, we are working with.

It just feels disingenuous for people to cry about this, after the fact. The 'unthinkable' happened and now people demand a negotiation, despite knowing the rules beforehand. You know?

Anyway, I'm done beating this dead horse. 😀  Good day to you!

I'm glad we've found common ground @runa!

20 minutes ago, Love Spent said:

I'm glad we've found common ground @runa!

Talking about politic is always very very very emotive! This is not always easy to keep it polite, respectful and civilized... :lol:

Sometimes I'm just way too much passionate, sorry !! :sneaky:

Am i the only one very sad and mad at the election results. Hope they have a recount or impeach donald trump:wacko:. Our entire family voted for Hillary. And she should've won it. 

58 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Have to love Australian actress Isla Fisher.  Her clever and true dig at Donald Trump at our recent awards was brilliant 

:lmao:Well said! Great dig! :clap::clap: