Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Guest Pud Whacker

14 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

one of the reasons why hypocritical, out of touch, hillary didnt win:

dont blame him.  BLAME HER. 

Gah. I don't blame her for not winning. And I don't "blame" him either. 

I place most of the blame on progressives who "just couldn't vote for her", millennials who were too cool for her, and a greedy, tone deaf national media who couldn't get enough ratings. 

That's pretty much the conclusions I've come too. 

It's all shady to me.....Obama has something like a 57% approval rating at the moment, Hillary was projected to win from the time she was officially announced as the Dem candidate, she did actually win the popular vote yet across the board it became ALL Republican literally overnight......it just doesn't seem organic at all to me.

14 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

:wacko:  This is the man who will be leader of the most powerful country in the World - and he tweets baiting garbage like this.  

It's so astounding and horrifying that I cant comprehend how he or anyone else can believe something like this. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Electing him was the equivalency to 9/11 but on a moral level. This is only the beginning of a very, very dark era for this country. 

And I'm usually a pretty optimistic person lol 

5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Gah. I don't blame her for not winning. And I don't "blame" him either. 

I place most of the blame on progressives who "just couldn't vote for her", millennials who were too cool for her, and a greedy, tone deaf national media who couldn't get enough ratings. 

That's pretty much the conclusions I've come too. 

This kind of mentality is exactly why Trump won. Hillary was a HORRIBLE candidate and that's just a fact. She's as conservatve and corrupt as you can get from a Democratic nominee. Her foreign policy alone is the exact same as the Republicans: war, war and more war. She also pretty much cheated the primaries to get the nomination. SHE is the reason why she lost, she consistently spitted in the face of progressives in the country. Just because she's an entitled b*tch who think she deserved the presidency just because of her last name. Disgusting. Blame Hillary herself, she's the only one responsible.

And that national media you're talking about was 100% behind her, i hope you realise that? The mainstream media had a love fest with Clinton ever since the beginning of this election. As much as i dislike Trump, he was the one constantly attacked by the medias (and not always for the right reasons).

33 minutes ago, madonnasuperfan01 said:

This kind of mentality is exactly why Trump won. Hillary was a HORRIBLE candidate and that's just a fact. She's as conservatve and corrupt as you can get from a Democratic nominee. Her foreign policy alone is the exact same as the Republicans: war, war and more war. She also pretty much cheated the primaries to get the nomination. SHE is the reason why she lost, she consistently spitted in the face of progressives in the country. Just because she's an entitled b*tch who think she deserved the presidency just because of her last name. Disgusting. Blame Hillary herself, she's the only one responsible.

And that national media you're talking about was 100% behind her, i hope you realise that? The mainstream media had a love fest with Clinton ever since the beginning of this election. As much as i dislike Trump, he was the one constantly attacked by the medias (and not always for the right reasons).

Dude. :wacko:

I don't need to hear the same Jill Stein talking points I've been hearing since November 9th. If you've read my past posts, you'd know two things about me. 

1) I supported Obama in '08 & Bernie in '16. She's never been a favorite of mine to say the least. 

2) Compared to Trump, she was the morally superior choice. And while she was never going to be as progressive as I would've liked, she sure as shit would've advanced liberal causes more than Donald fucking Trump and a republican majority. 

As for the media being in Hillary's pocket, you clearly were either too young or just don't remember how the national media EVICERATED her while she was First Lady. Oh, and the way they blew up her bullshit email stor for the better part of a year. Because, OMFG, NATIONAL SECURITY! 

And as a progressive, I never felt she spit in my face. I think it's the exact opposite. Progressives spit in her face by sitting thier asses home. And now they're blaming her for this loss. Absolutely remarkable. 

In my opinion the media never ever 'loved' or even really liked Hillary. They simply forced themselves due to the other option. WHOever the nominee was, ANY Dem or liberal would've gotten a free pass and love from the media regardless of how flawed they were. but esp. w/ a nominee like a Trump, Cruz etc..

New York Times was actually the first to break the  story on her private server. Granted, if it wasn't the NYT no doubt just hours later the story would've broke hard from some other media outlet. NYT prob. just wanted to be the 'first' to report it. Part of me thinks they broke it because they may have wanted Hillary out and someone like Bernie or whoever in.

From day one (not this just year) but in '08 too I ALWAYS thought she was a dreadful candidate. Zero talent as a campaigner, no charisma, inability to connect with regular people, cold, entitled etc etc...I never cared less about her gender, being 'ambitious', or how she would've been once she 'got in'. That's all bullshit- you have to WORK for it and have some talent and connection with people on the campaign trail. Hate him or not but Trump did! Obama, Bill Clinton and yes Bernie positively did. Elizabeth Warren would've. Corey Booker would've. Kamala Harris would've. So...nothing even remotely about gender, race or age. It's the *candidate themselves! The fact that Hillary still won the popular vote is useless now. This isn't even close to 2000. Even if it was by thousands she still clearly lost states like friggin PA, WI and MI! :/ That's a sign you're very bad candidate. Trump may be off the chart dreadful obviously but we all know his lunatic supporters would come out to vote for him! 

Pennsylvania State Department says Stein missed recount deadline

Jill Stein has everything she needs to launch a presidential recount. She's got the cash, the grassroots fervor and the spotlight of an adoring media. But there's one thing she needs to overturn Trump's victory: a calendar.

Stein missed Pennsylvania's deadline to file for a voter-initiated recount. That blown deadline is a huge blow for Democrats who have pinned their hopes on recounts in the Keystone State, Michigan and Wisconsin.

"According to Wanda Murren, spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Department of State," the Philadelphia Inquirer reported Monday, "the deadline for a voter-initiated recount was Monday, Nov. 21."

Allied with Clinton's camp, Stein can still mount a legal challenge. While the chances of litigation are uncertain, the vote tally is clear. Trump beat Clinton in Pennsylvania, a feat not accomplished by a Republican since Ronald Reagan in 1988.

4 hours ago, tumbleweedt said:

Pennsylvania State Department says Stein missed recount deadline

Jill Stein has everything she needs to launch a presidential recount. She's got the cash, the grassroots fervor and the spotlight of an adoring media. But there's one thing she needs to overturn Trump's victory: a calendar.

Stein missed Pennsylvania's deadline to file for a voter-initiated recount. That blown deadline is a huge blow for Democrats who have pinned their hopes on recounts in the Keystone State, Michigan and Wisconsin.

"According to Wanda Murren, spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Department of State," the Philadelphia Inquirer reported Monday, "the deadline for a voter-initiated recount was Monday, Nov. 21."

Allied with Clinton's camp, Stein can still mount a legal challenge. While the chances of litigation are uncertain, the vote tally is clear. Trump beat Clinton in Pennsylvania, a feat not accomplished by a Republican since Ronald Reagan in 1988.

This state was the most shocking flip to me. I mean, I can see a moderate Republican MAYBE winning, but Dirtbag Trump? My mind is blown. 

Guest Pud Whacker

Hillary lost in 2008, she lost in 2016.

THEY DONT WANT HER!

shes weak.  she didnt even come out that evening to greet her supporters who were waiting for her all day.  nobody wants that as a leader. 

even Evita came out to the people, sick - dying with cancer, to decline all the honors and titles bestowed onto her.  :drama:

Guest CzarnaWisnia
On 26.11.2016 at 8:49 PM, Pud Whacker said:

im a registered democrat and its just getting to the point of such embarrassment.  the roles have completely reversed.

those dumb assholes going on the street screaming Hes Not Our President and taking pictures holding signs and putting it on facebook and instagram.  then the next night going out to dinner and a movie...

oh, 2016.

but don't you know instamamogram and faceplace are the only way to actually promote democracy and be politically active? #activemillenials

Stein sues after Wisconsin refuses to order hand recounts

Madison — The Wisconsin Elections Commission agreed Monday to begin a recount of the presidential election on Thursday but was sued by Green Party candidate Jill Stein after the agency declined to require county officials to recount the votes by hand.

It will be a race to finish the recount in time to meet a daunting federal deadline, and the lawsuit could delay the process. Under state law, the recount must begin this week as long as Stein or another candidate pays the $3.5 million estimated cost of the recount by Tuesday, election officials said.

Also Monday, Stein filed a lawsuit in Pennsylvania to force a recount there and her supporters began filing recount requests at the precinct level in the Keystone State. Stein — who received just a tiny piece of the national vote — also plans to ask for a recount in Michigan on Wednesday.

Unless Stein wins her lawsuit in Dane County Circuit Court, officials in each of Wisconsin’s 72 counties would decide on their own whether to do their recounts of the 2.98 million statewide votes by machine or by hand, with dozens of counties expected to hand count the paper ballots.

17 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

It's so astounding and horrifying that I cant comprehend how he or anyone else can believe something like this. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Electing him was the equivalency to 9/11 but on a moral level. This is only the beginning of a very, very dark era for this country. 

And I'm usually a pretty optimistic person lol 

People seem to forgive Trump for everything he says and does though.  It is quite bizarre.  If Obama, Bush, Clinton or any other politician now and in the past behaved in the way he did during the election campaign and said the stuff he said,  the same people would be horrified.  

2 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

People seem to forgive Trump for everything he says and does though.  It is quite bizarre.  If Obama, Bush, Clinton or any other politician now and in the past behaved in the way he did during the election campaign and said the stuff he said,  the same people would be horrified.  

It's the side effect of years and years of partisan news coverage. Although I would love to blame Fox News alone, MSNBC and others are also culprits. The media use to be the well of facts and knowledge and the American people trusted it to a large degree. Now, we have biased coverage everywhere and no one knows who to believe - well, those that don't have time (or are too lazy) to do proper research. Toss in social media and people believing only those stories which reinforce their beliefs and voila - the electorate is largely uninformed and unable to make logical decisions or think critically.

I suspect the spell may be broken if things get bad enough, but I think the Trump phenomenon will have to run its course naturally - and surely it will be a treacherous and painful road for many.

If it gives anyone any hope, we are still subject to the laws of the universe and for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I am not sure if it will come in 4 years or 8 years, but it will come.

6 hours ago, Nightshade said:

It's the side effect of years and years of partisan news coverage. Although I would love to blame Fox News alone, MSNBC and others are also culprits. The media use to be the well of facts and knowledge and the American people trusted it to a large degree. Now, we have biased coverage everywhere and no one knows who to believe - well, those that don't have time (or are too lazy) to do proper research. Toss in social media and people believing only those stories which reinforce their beliefs and voila - the electorate is largely uninformed and unable to make logical decisions or think critically.

I suspect the spell may be broken if things get bad enough, but I think the Trump phenomenon will have to run its course naturally - and surely it will be a treacherous and painful road for many.

If it gives anyone any hope, we are still subject to the laws of the universe and for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I am not sure if it will come in 4 years or 8 years, but it will come.

Yes, the way people get their news and the coverage of news itself has changed considerably and sadly for the worse.  Great points you have made. 

21 minutes ago, Hector said:

Um flag burning is protected by the 1st Amendment

The particular point of justification is irrelevant, the fact that he's openly talking about stripping citizenship (and thereby, voting rights) from and jailing political dissidents is very telling. 

WOW. "You have no sufficient evidence that Donald Trump did not suffer from voter fraud ..." So, we have reached this point already? To prove that something did not happen. How are you supposed to do that? If you continue the thought ... people will have to prove in court they didn't do anything, it will no longer be the states job to prove that someone is actually guilty. The basic principle of criminal law will be turned around.

The lack of Trumps understanding of the constitution and the law is frightening. On the other hand, it proves one thing, this man is an egomaniac and sociopath of epic proportions. It's "Me, Me, Me". And this man is taking up a position that is basically meant to serve millions and millions of other people. Is there really a single person out there who believes he is capable to do that? I'm sure all those anti-establishment people in his cabinet will help him out.

Somebody should get him off Twitter! US president is going insane through social media! Haha can you imagine Trump having  to go through some kind of Monica Lewisky scandal like Clinton? Someone please call a shrink for the president?hahah

Guest eroticerotic

I agree with "time will tell" so far it's been a lot of paranoia and hypocrisy from people.

It may sound weird but I...think he will make America greater again. 

I think he will accomplish a lot. I hope i don't eat crow lol but whatever. I'm optimistic. :)

15 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

I agree with "time will tell" so far it's been a lot of paranoia and hypocrisy from people.

It may sound weird but I...think he will make America greater again. 

I think he will accomplish a lot. I hope i don't eat crow lol but whatever. I'm optimistic. :)

I think he'll make American great again in the sense that the reaction to him, his policies, his cabinet choices, his rhetoric, and the direction he takes us will clamor together alliances that have never been together before.

I see the Rand Paul, libertarian, Elizabeth Warren, Tea Party, Bernie Bro's, and Occupy Wall Street segments of the population coming out full force against him for the fraud he is. So, yes, after being horrified for the last few weeks, I've come to a sense of peace with the hope the a more level headed, rational, portion of the electorate prevails in 4 years.