Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Guest Pud Whacker

38 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

A present for meakermeak 

Wow! He spoke everything I've been trying to say but, of course, with much more eloquence. Thanks for sharing that.

5 hours ago, Sloane said:

You're a goddamn liar. I've explained on numerous occasions what bothered me about him. There's really no point in posting anymore because people just hear their own reality. I'm a troll now???? There are people who post the same essays day after day, saying the exact same (pointless) thing. I rarely post because I respect there is a strong gay community here and absolutely understand why it's not pro-Trump (thankfully it's more than just because Madonna isnt). The only reason I chose to come out pro-Trump here was to talk with others and find out why not to vote for him. Maybe if there wasn't white bashing blatantly going on the cries of HE'S RACIST would've meant more. Anyway, I genuinely like everybody here, well except one lol, but this has become a complete waste of my time. I'm leaving the forum for awhile, see you in the lurker zone.

Well said (although I find your labeling of Raider a bit strong worded). Please stay.

Trump's candidate for national security adviser, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn seems to be a man with deeply incoherent ideas. I watched several interviews with him on why he opposed the Iran deal. It was not so much his opposition in itself, but the socalled arguments he presented to support his position and the lack of any credible alternative to the Iran deal that made me question the soundness of this man's strategic analysis.

If anyone here has an opinion or some more information on Michael Flynn that they wish to share, please do so!

How the Electoral College Rigged the Election for Donald Trump

America's electoral system gives smaller, more conservative states more weight – and that benefited Trump

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/how-the-electoral-college-rigs-elections-for-republicans-w450749

I agree with Trump! The election was rigged and the electoral college is NOT a democracy. Why are more people not infuriated about this?? We the people voted Hillary Clinton for our president but that's not who we're getting. How is this right in any way?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-skelton-electoral-college-20161117-story.html

Obama won the popular vote and electoral college mirrored that. That's how it should be. Regardless, still doesn't mean it's not outdated and needs to be either flat out abolished or seriously reassessed. This has happened to two Democratic presidents in the past 16 years now. Nobody sees anything wrong with this? How can anyone even play "devil's advocate" to justify this? Every other country in the world scratches their head at how in the hell someone that the people vote for LOSES the fucking election. It's not right. PERIOD.

Guest Pud Whacker
10 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

You really think Trumps supporters would've even been semi civil. What or who has been hurt or damaged so far by these protesters? Trumps mob would've came out like the sub human kkk-esque creatures they are w/ pitchforks and guns yelling at the top of their lungs 'lock the bitch, c*nt, etc etc..up ' and you and everyone knows it. Have people already forgotten that just a week later :/ 

CC, go back to my post that you quoted and find where I said I thought his supporters would have been civil? I said I EXPECTED THE STUPIDITY FROM HIS FOLLOWERS not hillarys. 

Spread those Ciccone Cheeks and Shoot!!!

20 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

It might not be right, but that doesn't make it rigged.

I don't necessarily mean it's rigged by Trump per se. It's more systemically rigged to favor the right though.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
35 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I don't necessarily mean it's rigged by Trump per se. It's more systemically rigged to favor the right though.

That could be of course, I don't know enough about it to say. But as I understand it, each state gets a number of representatives ("electors") based on a number of factors which must include the size of the population. If the result was only determined by the total number of votes in the country, you would say the same thing, that the system is rigged to favor X or Y, because a number of states would be very poorly represented compared to the more populous states.

14 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Now me? Now? C'mon Pud, you know my stance on Trump very well. And I don't want an extreme right person in his cabinet. I don't need an "I told you so" moment. There are other forum members like Sloane, Ivy and Love Spent that can't stop trolling this thread. And I call it trolling because contrary to most of us who preferred Hillary, who were very much aware of the problems that surround her, those forum members never acknowledged anything negative about Trump. At least not that I remember.

As much I agree with almost everything you say in this thread, I think this is unfair to call them troll. They're entitled to their opinion just like we are. No matter what we think about it, no matter how unbelievable we think it is. And, most of all, they can express themselves even if we think some of their post are idiot. Of course, sometimes, I want to scream at them to go away, but when it happens, I try to calm down and leave the thread. It was the 1st time in many years here that I almost put someone on ignore. But I haven't. I try not to put my head in the sand and accept some people may have different point of view.

Now, @Sloane, I ask you not to go. We may disagree on some subject but I love your post on many occasion. 

Trump cabinet picks: several key posts reportedly decided – politics live

Jeff Sessions, Mike Pompeo and retired Lt Gen Michael Flynn said to be tapped by President-elect Trump to be part of his incoming administration

Jeff Sessions, Mike Pompeo, Michael Flynn

What to expect today

New York City Police stand guard outside Trump Tower in New York.

With the reported offering of the role of attorney general to Alabama senator Jeff Sessions and (less loudly reported) appointment of Kansas congressman Mike Pompeo to be the head of the CIA. Pompeo, a graduate of West Point and Harvard graduate who serves on the House Intelligence Committee, did not endorse Trump in the Republican primaries and only tepidly supported him as the party’s nominee.

Expect controversy to continue to mount regarding some of Trump’s other reported nominations, ranging from reported National Security Advisor pick Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn to chief strategist Steve Bannon. Sessions is not without controversy himself.

Sessions has been plagued by allegations of racism for more than three decades. In 1986, prior to being elected to the Senate, he was nominated to federal judgeship by Ronald Reagan. The nomination was rejected by the Senate judiciary committee after accusations by former aides that he had repeatedly made racist statements.

This included the allegation that Sessions had said he though the Ku Klux Klan “were OK until I learned they smoked pot”.

President Barack Obama does not have a published schedule today after appearing with German chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin, in part because he is currently in-air en route to Lima, Peru.

Report: President-elect Donald Trump nearing settlement in Trump University case

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/nov/18/donald-trump-cabinet-picks-live

2 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

CC, go back to my post that you quoted and find where I said I thought his supporters would have been civil? I said I EXPECTED THE STUPIDITY FROM HIS FOLLOWERS not hillarys. 

Spread those Ciccone Cheeks and Shoot!!!

lmao ;8P xoxo. my bad, luv

23 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I found this on boyculture and it basically says everything I tried to say but may have failed to put into words.

She nailed it possibly more than anyone so far. I wanna say if only the shitty media was as on point over and over w/ everything she said maybe just maybe would've made a bit of a difference. However, everything is so fucked up now  as are most typical Trump supporters, prob wouldn't have mattered! Society has been brainwashed, desensitized to what were once unthinkable things just a few years ago. 

The irony of the whole iron is that how can US export so called democracy to other countries and when they don't have a real democracy themselves. 🤔

Guest Pud Whacker
1 minute ago, GOD said:

The irony of the whole iron is that how can US export so called democracy to other countries and when they don't have a real democracy themselves. 🤔

reveal yourself to me, Mr. George O'Dowd....

Guest CzarnaWisnia
34 minutes ago, GOD said:

Easy. When you apply democracy exportation with warfare and mass murder, it becomes more convenient to do what the hell you want at home.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I don't believe for a second he'd vote at all. He's probably never voted in his life. Too busy with his "Kényééé" routine to care about anything.

2 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I found this on boyculture and it basically says everything I tried to say but may have failed to put into words.

Thank you so much Raider. I agree with this 100%. And I know what you mean by trying to say same thing but may have failed to put into words because I feel exactly the same. She put it down brilliantly!