Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Guest Pud Whacker

13 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Am I the only one here who would have preferred Hillary over Trump? As much as I get scolded for expressing my views I feel a lot of people here are just trying to push a right wing agenda. There are major points which have been pointed out about Trump and his policies but no one is picking on that! I find it a bit unfair that people would rather accept someone like Trump while having absolute contempt towards Hillary. I mean since when Trump has become a paragon of virtue? He's still the same scheming, racist, sexist, lying and mean man he was during the election. And before.. I must say.

Do people here accept Trump ultimately? Maybe that's the problem I have with peeps here... I still believe the sentiment behind my ideas is valid but if peeps are supporting Trump there's no point in even having a discussion. 

I proudly voted for Hillary.  Not only am I against Trump, I fully supported the Hillmeister. 

Guest Pud Whacker
Just now, WeboGirl said:

I proudly voted for Hillary.  Not only am I against Trump, I fully supported the Hillmeister. 

i voted Hillary too. 

i think the only that did not was sloane. 

And that would be HER PREROGATIVE as a voter!!!

8 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

No we cannot discuss Trump negatively here. This forum has become a shrine to Trump and the Republican Party! If you call out Tump for his ignorance they will question the meaning of ignorance and where it comes from. If you condemn his supporters they will try to tell you they have valid reasons to stand by him.  

Im waiting for at least 4 or 5 members to take their time and analize each and one word I typed concluding I'm dead wrong. 

Oh shut up.

Your hyperboles and overuse of the exclamation point (!!!) are just tiresome at this point. No one is defending Trump here.

Do you want everybody to just repeat: Trump is a racist!!! He hates women!!! He's the new Putin!!! America is racist!!!

Is that what you want?  

What's the point? 

Dude, you're not helping your cause.  

lucille-bluth.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

i think this is bunk BS.  (not Barbra Streisand!!!  YENTL!!!)

i was having fun again in the Madonna Section and The Lounge and came in here to find dreary....

im going back to Madonna Land.  xo

I feel bad that you can't have a grown up discussion about these issues without being labelled a Trump supporter or a racist. Saying the past 8 years have created fertile ground for the Trumps of the world doesn't mean justifying the shit he says for godssakes. Saying Clinton took money from people who kill and mutilate women and throw gay men off buildings while Assad MUST BE REMOVED and the insane contradiction it represents isn't racist

It is the documented truth. Everybody can see that Trump is a racist and gives a voice to the racists but you're not going to solve the matter by shouting it while the underlying issue that connects both the right and the left party is not supposed to be discussed

It is so frustrating. While most people who are enraged couldn't even tell the difference between a Sunni Muslim (or country) and a Shiite Muslim and what the petrodollar system is. What good is it talking about anything when you don't even have the grasp of the basic notions that should form the discussion?

lucille-bluth.gif

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

No we cannot discuss Trump negatively here. This forum has become a shrine to Trump and the Republican Party! If you call out Tump for his ignorance they will question the meaning of ignorance and where it comes from. If you condemn his supporters they will try to tell you they have valid reasons to stand by him.  

Im waiting for at least 4 or 5 members to take their time and analize each and one word I typed concluding I'm dead wrong. 

I know how feel about Trump being elected but you are wrong 

This FORUM is 99% democrats 

There's some great dialogue in this forum. And I've never gotten the impression that ANYONE here is truly pro Trump. I just think there's people in here playing devils advocate and forcing people to take a lomg, painful, hard view of what's going on in America and why/how so many individuals looked at that madman as a savior. 

So, I appreciate this thread. Especially since the nightmare of a Trump presidency came true. It's been therapeutic.

I also don't believe anyone in here, minus one or two, who truly preferred Trump over Hillary. 

21 minutes ago, spazz said:

I know how feel about Trump being elected but you are wrong 

This FORUM is 99% democrats 

Um..I think this year the majority if not all the 'Democrats' would've somehow been fine/accepted very quickly w/ Jeb!, Kasich and some of the others. Wouldn't have been great but life would've gone on as usual. This isn't semi usual. 

@MeakMaker there are valid points eloquently being made here that are FAR from being supportive of Donald Quack. Try read them again. There are for sure just two people here who openly admitted to having voted for the Quack. That's their choice. Yes, Quack. He looks like a duck to me - sorry for disrespecting real ducks.

DONALD+DUCK+TRUMP.jpg

2 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

ok now you.

it seems a lot of you would prefer he go all EXTREME RIGHT and BIZARRE so you can say "i told you so" rather than a man that is taking his presidency serious for the good of the country? 

everyones so bizarre. 

Now me? Now? C'mon Pud, you know my stance on Trump very well. And I don't want an extreme right person in his cabinet. I don't need an "I told you so" moment. There are other forum members like Sloane, Ivy and Love Spent that can't stop trolling this thread. And I call it trolling because contrary to most of us who preferred Hillary, who were very much aware of the problems that surround her, those forum members never acknowledged anything negative about Trump. At least not that I remember.

Dont think I've ever wanted a year to end as much as 2016. Hands down worst year of the decade..,maybe even worse than 2001. Absolute shit year in so many ways. Not just politically but the overall vibes, both regular culture and pop culture (fking mannequin dance craze :#) icons who died randomly like Prince, everything defying logic, angry white right wing men making an epic comeback that we haven't seen in many, many years. Maybe this was all brewing from 'somewhere' but just dunno what in the stars caused everything to crumble so abruptly. Normally the thought of the holidays and new year would bring some peace of mind but 2017 is the FULL first year of Trump/Pence! :## 

Guest Pud Whacker
20 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Now me? Now? C'mon Pud, you know my stance on Trump very well. And I don't want an extreme right person in his cabinet. I don't need an "I told you so" moment. There are other forum members like Sloane, Ivy and Love Spent that can't stop trolling this thread. And I call it trolling because contrary to most of us who preferred Hillary, who were very much aware of the problems that surround her, those forum members never acknowledged anything negative about Trump. At least not that I remember.

Respect your views always  xo

I just really hope we move forward. As a country, as a people, everything. Against all odds. I'm trying to be very positive in an uneven, negative time.

I want to be hopeful that he will do the right thing. When I see posts saying "oh he's not sending back the Immigrants like he said he was" I'm thinking..."isn't that a good thing?!"

you know what I mean?

also I've seen plenty of history repeats itself hitler shit. Well, yeah, um ok. Let's not forget The Power of Will. Keep pouring it in a pot and turning up the heat and it will eventually boil. That's just common sense. Two to tango  

I think were all on edge but the interesting thing is we're all pretty much on the same side! 

I know nothing about nothing! 

Oh at least we know for now Tim Kaine is NOT running in 2020. lol Hopefully one of the few positives of 2016 is we never ever hear from another f'king Clinton again! Couldn't care less if she just 'curls up w/ a good book' indefinitely and is never seen again lol. Eagerly awaiting to put all my energy and passion towards an actual GOOD female candidate who will actually win easily! 

^ Yep was gonna say her name first! lol. Actually think she has the X Factor more than Elizabeth Warren though either one is still 100x better and more talented than Hillary. Most def think Kamala may be the one. Full package. If not, Kamala or Elizabeth I also really like Maggie Hassan and Tammy Duckworth but Kamala and Elizabeth def are in the upper tier and true stars. Harris/Castro is what I'm feeling now. Booker is good but kind of same old same old. Hasnt turned out as great as I thought. Gonna try to go into a sleep induced coma until 2018/19! lol. 

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

You're a goddamn liar. I've explained on numerous occasions what bothered me about him. There's really no point in posting anymore because people just hear their own reality. I'm a troll now???? There are people who post the same essays day after day, saying the exact same (pointless) thing. I rarely post because I respect there is a strong gay community here and absolutely understand why it's not pro-Trump (thankfully it's more than just because Madonna isnt). The only reason I chose to come out pro-Trump here was to talk with others and find out why not to vote for him. Maybe if there wasn't white bashing blatantly going on the cries of HE'S RACIST would've meant more. Anyway, I genuinely like everybody here, well except one lol, but this has become a complete waste of my time. I'm leaving the forum for awhile, see you in the lurker zone.

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

There's some great dialogue in this forum. And I've never gotten the impression that ANYONE here is truly pro Trump. I just think there's people in here playing devils advocate and forcing people to take a lomg, painful, hard view of what's going on in America and why/how so many individuals looked at that madman as a savior. 

So, I appreciate this thread. Especially since the nightmare of a Trump presidency came true. It's been therapeutic.

I also don't believe anyone in here, minus one or two, who truly preferred Trump over Hillary. 

It has been! Thanks for engaging in the conversation.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Am I the only one here who would have preferred Hillary over Trump? As much as I get scolded for expressing my views I feel a lot of people here are just trying to push a right wing agenda. There are major points which have been pointed out about Trump and his policies but no one is picking on that! I find it a bit unfair that people would rather accept someone like Trump while having absolute contempt towards Hillary. I mean since when Trump has become a paragon of virtue? He's still the same scheming, racist, sexist, lying and mean man he was during the election. And before.. I must say.

Do people here accept Trump ultimately? Maybe that's the problem I have with peeps here... I still believe the sentiment behind my ideas is valid but if peeps are supporting Trump there's no point in even having a discussion. 

:britwtf: This is sooooooooooooooooooooo wrong on just about every level imaginable. You just refuse to engage in a proper dialogue, because, frankly, I don't think you really understand what anyone is saying!

2 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

You lying democrat. I dare you to go through all of these threads and find one positive remark i have ever said about Trump? Bet you can't!!! I have called him everything from a pig, moron and cunt. I just happen to think that Hilary is / was a bigger cunt, and cheater then trump.

Again, i have made it very clear from the start ( about a year or two ago ) that i am a bitter Bernie supporter, and would have voted Jill Stein if i was actually an American ( and was laughed at by many here at my vote). 

Not sure why you call it trolling, when people happen to express their opinion. You Hilary supporters are just sore losers, who can't handle the truth! 

Guest Pud Whacker
18 minutes ago, Ivy said:

You lying democrat. I dare you to go through all of these threads and find one positive remark i have ever said about Trump? Bet you can't!!! I have called him everything from a pig, moron and cunt. I just happen to think that Hilary is / was a bigger cunt, and cheater then trump.

Again, i have made it very clear from the start ( about a year or two ago ) that i am a bitter Bernie supporter, and would have voted Jill Stein if i was actually an American ( and was laughed at by many here at my vote). 

Not sure why you call it trolling, when people happen to express their opinion. You Hilary supporters are just sore losers, who can't handle the truth! 

This is what I notice. That terrible double standard from democrats! Shocking to me!

For example, I expected Trump to lose and his base to take the streets and cause trouble and then I expected to laugh at them for being dumb and ridiculous. 

Well, we know what happened. Shock number 3! So instead I laugh and call ridiculousness to 'my own team'. 

Its all just bizarre. The roles have reversed tremendously. The Democrats have become bullies! 

I think a lot of people here (as it happens irl) were placing their bets on Clinton even before the nominations were clear, at primaries level, simply because they were enthused by the prospect of "the first female president". And I think Clinton's entire campaign mistake was to play and center her candidacy on being "a feminist" rather than a politician with her own package of recipes, who happens to be a woman.

Then there are some gay people who have the so-called powerful woman infatuation at all costs, regardless of the merits of their actual agendas. See Margaret Thatcher, who was a member of the right in that case. Which means it has nothing to do with being a leftie or a conservative but looking at the person and what they actually did.

The fact of the matter is the Obama years were a not so splendid continuation of neocon policies both domestically and internationally. A lot of people have thrown their hopes at the populist candidate in a desperate last minute/last resort attempt to see if their voices could be heard by the political outsider as they had been previously unheard by both the Democratic and Republican Party.

56 minutes ago, Ivy said:

You have trolled previously with over the top hysterical posts, you personally attacked Skin, and you sneered at just about everybody in the election thread right after the election results. And you're doing it again. Tone it down if you want to keep posting here. Take this as a warning.

32 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

This is what I notice. That terrible double standard from democrats! Shocking to me!

For example, I expected Trump to lose and his base to take the streets and cause trouble and then I expected to laugh at them for being dumb and ridiculous. 

Well, we know what happened. Shock number 3! So instead I laugh and call ridiculousness to 'my own team'. 

Its all just bizarre. The roles have reversed tremendously. The Democrats have become bullies! 

You really think Trumps supporters would've even been semi civil. What or who has been hurt or damaged so far by these protesters? Trumps mob would've came out like the sub human kkk-esque creatures they are w/ pitchforks and guns yelling at the top of their lungs 'lock the bitch, c*nt, etc etc..up ' and you and everyone knows it. Have people already forgotten that just a week later :/ 

53 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Yikes. :scared::wacko: