Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Guest Pud Whacker

46 minutes ago, Jaz said:

They were too busy reporting on Trump's proclivity to grab pussies. (I'm sure Mook told them that was the strategy in emails).  Bill Clinton warned Mook that Hillary should give attention to the rust belt states (where she lost the election).  Why do you think that we campaigned so hard in Michigan the weekend before the election?  Because they FINALLY fucking realized Michael Moore was right.

So don't blame the "fking dopey media".  Blame Hillary or Mook for not listening to Bill.

I blame FreeMyHole for not servicing Mook.

4 hours ago, XXL said:

Where did I justify racism? I didn't, never. It is a false, baseless correlation/equation you are making. Trump didn't invent racist people, racist people are there because they are inherently racist. That he magnified through language, rethoric and ideas that part of society I completely agree with you.

Everyone is talking as if the left is responsible for the nastiness in society

They are not responsible for the nastiness in society as a whole (people that are ignorant, violent, abusive, racist, chauvinistic) of course but the Democratic Party has spent 8 years being invested in ailing Wall Street rather than being concerned with families and jobs. Pointing this out doesn't mean condoning racism in the least, it's merely a key to look at the final outcome and if anything find ways to improve the state of things

What do you think of Cornel West and his analysys? Is he racist too for expressing disappointment with his own party and how they have conducted things for 8 years? Or are we going to sit here stating the obvious, that Donald Trump is a loud mouth and he gives a voice to the racist etc etc. Why instead not focusing on changing the current outlook of the Democratic Party so that 2 years from now and 4 years from now all of this will be a distant bad memory?

That's his opinion and I can agree to a certain extent. And I can certainly simpathize with people struggles and how disappointed they have been with Obama. But i don't think it makes sense that many people turned racist because they felt betrayed by the Obama administration. I think those people have always been there and they quite frightenly started to brainwash others who were pretty much sitting on the fence. Those people came out in force because they're suddenly starting to feel they might have a chance to do things their way after feeling completely indignant by having a black man in power! But let's not talk about that because it's not convenient for the moderate conservatives.  As I said and I know you won't agree as much as you like; acts of hate, inciting hate, having hateful thoughts cant and will never be justified. You keep saying you agree with me in that idea but then you say.. BUT ! I'm sorry but there's no "but" when you say hate is wrong or it cannot be part of our culture. And I already discussed the economical situation but no one replied to that post so no point in saying the same things over and over again. 

Have a good day!

Guest CzarnaWisnia
7 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

I LOVE CZAR!!!

that song!!! That you even knew it :lol:makes you legendary. 

I'm not legendary nor did I know it! It was posted in the comments section of that article about Pryor's prior whoreness :chuckle:

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 hours ago, LSD said:

Sadly, this was already out in the open (but during the campaign the "journalists" would rather busy themselves with reporting on Trump's gee-golly antics than actually report on the dangers he posed.

gettyimages-500685268.jpg

Trump Muslim Ban And FDR's Japanese Internment Camps: How Anti-Islam Debate Compares To Roosevelt's WWII Policies

11 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Im still absolutely mystified why the fking dopey media didn't go nuclear on Bannon, Russia etc etc.. many weeks before the election (like they are now) yet obsessed and dissected Hillary's bullshit e-mails. 

Because they, like most people, didn't think he had a chance in hell of getting in...and the entire embarrassing campaign wasn't actually about political issues anyway. It was about a guy grabbing pussy and a bunch or emails. The fact that there's rumblings about him gagging the press etc will also have them working their butts overtime to actually start getting those issues out into the open too.

7 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

But let's not talk about that because it's not convenient for the moderate conservatives.  As I said and I know you won't agree as much as you like; acts of hate, inciting hate, having hateful thoughts cant and will never be justified. You keep saying you agree with me in that idea but then you say.. BUT ! I'm sorry but there's no "but" when you say hate is wrong or it cannot be part of our culture. And I already discussed the economical situation but no one replied to that post so no point in saying the same things over and over again. 

But you need to understand WHY AND WHERE that hate is coming from. Yes, everyone could just sit writing how awful and terrible it is...we already KNOW that racism is horrible and terrible! It needs to be dealt with within the framework of what we have right now, the current socio-political systems ...it's all very well having an idealised view of what the world needs to fix everything...mass consciousness awareness raising and love, love, love...but unfortunately that ain't happening anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Because they, like most people, didn't think he had a chance in hell of getting in...and the entire embarrassing campaign wasn't actually about political issues anyway. It was about a guy grabbing pussy and a bunch or emails. The fact that there's rumblings about him gagging the press etc will also have them working their butts overtime to actually start getting those issues out into the open too.

But you need to understand WHY AND WHERE that hate is coming from. Yes, everyone could just sit writing how awful and terrible it is...we already KNOW that racism is horrible and terrible! It needs to be dealt with within the framework of what we have right now, the current socio-political systems ...it's all very well having an idealised view of what the world needs to fix everything...mass consciousness awareness raising and love, love, love...but unfortunately that ain't happening anytime soon.

Yes it's not going to happen anytime soon and that's why we are where we are. So let's not say we haven't got the solution to all our problems as we just choose to turn the other way.

What I find frustrating is the way some people on here are trying to discuss the situation. As if the conservatives have got nothing to do with what's going on.. As if those racist, sexist, homophobic people don't belong to right political sections. As if the conservatives never had a white supremacy agenda. I'm disgusted by the level of ignorance; the ever increasing need to point fingers; the justification or reasoning for certain backward views! Who cares where it comes from or why it's happening? Would that make people feel any better? You can't rationalise hate! Even in criminal courts they are not interested in the reasons why but they just convict the criminal based on the crime. So let's find reasons so that we can all sympathise with the racists or the backwards people. Oh but they lost their jobs; they haven't got no money; they feel betrayed. Big effing deal! So what? When will we ever learn that turning to hate will never solve our problems? Are Americans that stupid to realise that? I'm disgusted but somehow I'm not shocked. Ultimately we deserve what's coming. 

15 hours ago, Hector said:

President-elect Donald Trump's conflicts of interest are not just hypothetical or theoretical. Trump is already running into an ethical brick wall.

This video is so spot on. Thank you Hector!

People need to discuss this video instead of moaning about my views! Just saying...

2 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

will Trump finally bring change??

Finally bring change to what?

Tell us what you want changed before the question is answered...

3 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes it's not going to happen anytime soon and that's why we are where we are. So let's not say we haven't got the solution to all our problems as we just choose to turn the other way.

What I find frustrating is the way some people on here are trying to discuss the situation. As if the conservatives have got nothing to do with what's going on.. As if those racist, sexist, homophobic people don't belong to right political sections. As if the conservatives never had a white supremacy agenda. I'm disgusted by the level of ignorance; the ever increasing need to point fingers; the justification or reasoning for certain backward views! Who cares where it comes from or why it's happening? Would that make people feel any better? You can't rationalise hate! Even in criminal courts they are not interested in the reasons why but they just convict the criminal based on the crime. So let's find reasons so that we can all sympathise with the racists or the backwards people. Oh but they lost their jobs; they haven't got no money; they feel betrayed. Big effing deal! So what? When will we ever learn that turning to hate will never solve our problems? Are Americans that stupid to realise that? I'm disgusted but somehow I'm not shocked. Ultimately we deserve what's coming. 

Well, I guess the feeling is mutual. I will start by saying that I'm probably not the only one frustrated with they way you have been discussing this election in this thread. I don't think you understand how you come off to others by the way you post. But, you are entitled to express yourself in whatever way you want so be it. 

I will, however, disagree with pretty much everything you posted here. Starting with this:

As if those racist, sexist, homophobic people don't belong to right political sections.

There are racist, sexist, homophobic people in the left too. Maybe the majority leans towards the right but conservatives don't have a monopoly on these folks. They belong wherever they want to belong. 

As if the conservatives never had a white supremacy agenda.

White supremacy agendas have been part of both parties throughout American history. So, yes, your statement is correct. However, while white supremacists may identify better with conservative views nowadays, it does not mean that conservatives currently have a white supremacy agenda. Some conservatives may be supremacists but that doesn't mean that all of them are. This kind of mentality is what creates bigotry. Lumping a whole class of individual by one single common thread and them labeling them will only exacerbate the "them against us" problem. Guess what? Most terrorists are Muslim, are all Muslims terrorists? Some Mexicans are rapists, are all Mexicans rapists? Please stop calling racists/xenophobes/homophobes all conservatives and blue collar workers that voted for Trump. 

I'm disgusted by the level of ignorance; the ever increasing need to point fingers; the justification or reasoning for certain backward views!

What is ignorance but a lack of education and/or information? People aren't born and decide to become racists. It is a learned trait that spreads with the lack of proper education and economic opportunities. But let's not assume that only the uneducated and poor can be racists/xenophobes. I and other posters have tried (to no avail) to point out the kind of environments that have fostered and fed these ideologies in America. The whole point was to analyze how the Democrats lost the vote of the blue collar worker to a polarizing Republican newcomer. Most posters have not justified racism or backward views, they did try to convey that a vote for Trump was more than just a vote against minorities/women/immigrants.There's a big difference between the former and the latter. 

Who cares where it comes from or why it's happening? Would that make people feel any better? You can't rationalise hate!

Well, not caring about why or where a problem comes from will never help you solve a problem. It is the same as blaming the hate against America in the Middle East on Islamic ideology and disregarding the economic and trade policies that have affected Muslims in that region. And again, no one is rationalizing hate. Calm down.

Even in criminal courts they are not interested in the reasons why but they just convict the criminal based on the crime.

Prosecutors often try to establish motive (reasons) in order to convince the jury that the defendant is guilty. People are judged by their intent but motives can still play a big part in determining wether or not a jury convicts a person. This statement is just ridiculous. 

So let's find reasons so that we can all sympathise with the racists and backwards people. Oh but they lost their jobs; they haven't got no money; they feel betrayed. Big effing deal! So what?

Who cares, right? They're only human beings. How about them Syrian refugees? They're Muslim and their views on gays and women are backwards according to your Western worldview. "Oh but they lost their homes; they haven't got no money; they feel betrayed. Big effing deal! So what?" You sir, Mr. Stand Against Hate Warrior, will only instigate hate by your generalizations, condescension and disregard for people that are different than you and didn't have the luxury of learning as much as you have. Again, no one is asking anyone to sympathize with any racist or "backwards people" (what does that mean? uneducated? old school?). No one is asking anyone to condone bigotry, what we were trying to show is that this election was not decided solely (if at all) on hate.  

When will we ever learn that turning to hate will never solve our problems?

You did include yourself in the question so, when are you ever going to learn that the way you address "the backwards people" will never solve the problem. Are these people irredeemable? If so, what are your suggestions? Lock them all up and lose the keys? Are you solving any problems by hating them? 

Are Americans that stupid to realise that?

Again, you are lumping a whole diverse nation as a homogeneous group and on top of that you're implying that Americans in general don't have a clear view about our own racial and class problems. Condescending much?

I'm disgusted but somehow I'm not shocked.

When someone says "I'm not shocked" it implies that you already expected this outcome from us, silly Americans. Stay on your high horse because America in the end will be just fine. 

Ultimately we deserve what's coming. 

We who? Americans? What is it that you and I deserve? America becoming Russia? People living in concentration camps? 

Unlike you, I have faith in this country and its people. We have more that unites us than what separates us even though the media tries its hardest to tell us otherwise. Let's agree on disagreeing and best of luck to you. 

phildunphy.gif?w=650

1 hour ago, Pud Whacker said:

this is a woman with ZERO homosexuals around her.

Screen shot 2016-11-17 at 11.14.11 AM.png

There is no reason to PROP HER UP anymore, darling. I wonder if Saudi Arabia wants their 20 million bucks back.

Imagine how low their Clinton Foundation 'speaking fees' will go? :lol:

7 minutes ago, mnino said:

Well, I guess the feeling is mutual. I will start by saying that I'm probably not the only one frustrated with they way you have been discussing this election in this thread. I don't think you understand how you come off to others by the way you post. But, you are entitled to express yourself in whatever way you want so be it. 

I will, however, disagree with pretty much everything you posted here. Starting with this:

As if those racist, sexist, homophobic people don't belong to right political sections.

There are racist, sexist, homophobic people in the left too. Maybe the majority leans towards the right but conservatives don't have a monopoly on these folks. They belong wherever they want to belong. 

As if the conservatives never had a white supremacy agenda.

White supremacy agendas have been part of both parties throughout American history. So, yes, your statement is correct. However, while white supremacists may identify better with conservative views nowadays, it does not mean that conservatives currently have a white supremacy agenda. Some conservatives may be supremacists but that doesn't mean that all of them are. This kind of mentality is what creates bigotry. Lumping a whole class of individual by one single common thread and them labeling them will only exacerbate the "them against us" problem. Guess what? Most terrorists are Muslim, are all Muslims terrorists? Some Mexicans are rapists, are all Mexicans rapists? Please stop calling racists/xenophobes/homophobes all conservatives and blue collar workers that voted for Trump. 

I'm disgusted by the level of ignorance; the ever increasing need to point fingers; the justification or reasoning for certain backward views!

What is ignorance but a lack of education and/or information? People aren't born and decide to become racists. It is a learned trait that spreads with the lack of proper education and economic opportunities. But let's not assume that only the uneducated and poor can be racists/xenophobes. I and other posters have tried (to no avail) to point out the kind of environments that have fostered and fed these ideologies in America. The whole point was to analyze how the Democrats lost the vote of the blue collar worker to a polarizing Republican newcomer. Most posters have not justified racism or backward views, they did try to convey that a vote for Trump was more than just a vote against minorities/women/immigrants.There's a big difference between the former and the latter. 

Who cares where it comes from or why it's happening? Would that make people feel any better? You can't rationalise hate!

Well, not caring about why or where a problem comes from will never help you solve a problem. It is the same as blaming the hate against America in the Middle East on Islamic ideology and disregarding the economic and trade policies that have affected Muslims in that region. And again, no one is rationalizing hate. Calm down.

Even in criminal courts they are not interested in the reasons why but they just convict the criminal based on the crime.

Prosecutors often try to establish motive (reasons) in order to convince the jury that the defendant is guilty. People are judged by their intent but motives can still play a big part in determining wether or not a jury convicts a person. This statement is just ridiculous. 

So let's find reasons so that we can all sympathise with the racists and backwards people. Oh but they lost their jobs; they haven't got no money; they feel betrayed. Big effing deal! So what?

Who cares, right? They're only human beings. How about them Syrian refugees? They're Muslim and their views on gays and women are backwards according to your Western worldview. "Oh but they lost their homes; they haven't got no money; they feel betrayed. Big effing deal! So what?" You sir, Mr. Stand Against Hate Warrior, will only instigate hate by your generalizations, condescension and disregard for people that are different than you and didn't have the luxury of learning as much as you have. Again, no one is asking anyone to sympathize with any racist or "backwards people" (what does that mean? uneducated? old school?). No one is asking anyone to condone bigotry, what we were trying to show is that this election was not decided solely (if at all) on hate.  

When will we ever learn that turning to hate will never solve our problems?

You did include yourself in the question so, when are you ever going to learn that the way you address "the backwards people" will never solve the problem. Are these people irredeemable? If so, what are your suggestions? Lock them all up and lose the keys? Are you solving any problems by hating them? 

Are Americans that stupid to realise that?

Again, you are lumping a whole diverse nation as a homogeneous group and on top of that you're implying that Americans in general don't have a clear view about our own racial and class problems. Condescending much?

I'm disgusted but somehow I'm not shocked.

When someone says "I'm not shocked" it implies that you already expected this outcome from us, silly Americans. Stay on your high horse because America in the end will be just fine. 

Ultimately we deserve what's coming. 

We who? Americans? What is it that you and I deserve? America becoming Russia? People living in concentration camps? 

Unlike you, I have faith in this country and its people. We have more that unites us than what separates us even though the media tries its hardest to tell us otherwise. Let's agree on disagreeing and best of luck to you. 

phildunphy.gif?w=650

Thank you so much for your reply . Every point was very well explained. And best of luck for you, too.

And I too have faith in America and yes the media can be very discouraging but still that doesn't take away the fact a racist and sexist man is going to enter the White House.. whatever the outcome.  

Reuters has just reported Trump is considering Mitt Romney as Secretary of State. How anti establishment of him. Considering how they have treated the other and the things that have been said before the election, this must be the epitome of hypocrisy. On both sides.

It is already highly entertaining how he is breaking all the promises he has made before the election. Anti establishment? Basically everyone in his shadow cabinet is the definition of establishment. Anti corruption? Can we talk about his children being advisors and running his businesses, pretending to run a blind trust, when this construct is everything but. It is nepotism of the worst kind. It is corruption. Will his voters care? No! He has told so many lies before, they didn't care. He said one true thing, when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and his supporters would not care.

Am I the only one here who would have preferred Hillary over Trump? As much as I get scolded for expressing my views I feel a lot of people here are just trying to push a right wing agenda. There are major points which have been pointed out about Trump and his policies but no one is picking on that! I find it a bit unfair that people would rather accept someone like Trump while having absolute contempt towards Hillary. I mean since when Trump has become a paragon of virtue? He's still the same scheming, racist, sexist, lying and mean man he was during the election. And before.. I must say.

Do people here accept Trump ultimately? Maybe that's the problem I have with peeps here... I still believe the sentiment behind my ideas is valid but if peeps are supporting Trump there's no point in even having a discussion. 

Guest Pud Whacker
1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

Am I the only one here who would have preferred Hillary over Trump? As much as I get scolded for expressing my views I feel a lot of people here are just trying to push a right wing agenda. There are major points which have been pointed out about Trump and his policies but no one is picking on that! I find it a bit unfair that people would rather accept someone like Trump while having absolute contempt towards Hillary. I mean since when Trump has become a paragon of virtue? He's still the same scheming, racist, sexist, lying and mean man he was during the election. And before.. I must say.

Do people here accept Trump ultimately? Maybe that's the problem I have with peeps here... I still believe the sentiment behind my idea is valid but if peeps are supporting Trump there's no point in even having a discussion. 

i dont think so! i think we all felt the best of the worst was Hilliary. 

---

ok, so um Mitt Romney as Secretary of State?

5 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Reuters has just reported Trump is considering Mitt Romney as Secretary of State. How anti establishment of him. Considering how they have treated the other and the things that have been said before the election, this must be the epitome of hypocrisy. On both sides.

It is already highly entertaining how he is breaking all the promises he has made before the election. Anti establishment? Basically everyone in his shadow cabinet is the definition of establishment. Anti corruption? Can we talk about his children being advisors and running his businesses, pretending to run a blind trust, when this construct is everything but. It is nepotism of the worst kind. It is corruption. Will his voters care? No! He has told so many lies before, they didn't care. He said one true thing, when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and his supporters would not care.

No we cannot discuss Trump negatively here. This forum has become a shrine to Trump and the Republican Party! If you call out Tump for his ignorance they will question the meaning of ignorance and where it comes from. If you condemn his supporters they will try to tell you they have valid reasons to stand by him.  

Im waiting for at least 4 or 5 members to take their time and analize each and one word I typed concluding I'm dead wrong. 

Guest Pud Whacker
1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

No we cannot discuss Trump negatively here. This forum has become a shrine to Trump and the Republican Party! If you call out Tump for his ignorance they will question the meaning of ignorance and where it comes from. If you condemn his supporters they will try to tell you they have valid reasons to stand by him.  

Im waiting for at least 4 or 5 members to take their time and analize each and one word I typed concluding I'm dead wrong. 

what on earth are you on about?  take a chill pill.  and get your glasses fixed. 

4 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

what on earth are you on about?  take a chill pill.  and get your glasses fixed. 

I don't wear glasses, Pud.  I don't  need a chill pill. I'm sick of this ganging up cuz I stand against Trump! 

Its very telling instead of replying to that valid post about Trumps hypocrisy  you had to come and reply to me. How contrived of you! 

Guest Pud Whacker
11 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

ok now you.

it seems a lot of you would prefer he go all EXTREME RIGHT and BIZARRE so you can say "i told you so" rather than a man that is taking his presidency serious for the good of the country? 

everyones so bizarre. 

Guest Pud Whacker
Just now, MeakMaker said:

I don't wear glasses, Pud.  I don't  need a chill pill. I'm sick of this ganging up cuz I stand against Trump! 

GET UP, STAND TALL, PUT YOUR BACK UP AGAINST THE WALL!!!

ive heard it and im all for it!!! 

we cannot discuss trump here.  yes you can and you have been with all the members for over a year.