Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker
1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

You guys have been saying that since 2010 :chuckle:

I remember like 2 years ago people here were saying that the Republican party was a thing of the past and they desperately needed to reinvent themselves. 

Well, they did reinvent themselves and they WON :lmao: They won EVERYTHING 

:lol:

5 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I know what you mean but I don't think you know what I mean. I don't care about Clinton. She's just one person. But it's important to recognize what brought us to this point. Sure we can criticize Trump : who doesn't ? And many more will in the coming months and years. I just hope it's not forgotten what allowed this mess to happen. Trump didn't suddenly win everybody's heart and soul during the campaign. And you can criticize Trump as much as you want, and that's good, but if you personalize this, you're wrong. He is also just one person. Both the GOP and the Dem. P. have moved to the right over the last many years, that should be a greater concern I think even though the current situation and Trump are a more immediate concern.

I never stood by the GOP or the Dem. I've never said they were the solutions. I have simply condemned Trump and his policies and his backwards views. I condem the people he's choosing to run the USA with. Once again I think you're the one missing the point.

If anything where are all the people who voted Trump because he had promised to get rid of the Left elite or Wall Street but as we have just witnessed lately he's not doing that and doesn't intend to because as he explained himself "it's the system!" Shouldn't those people be outraged?! But yes let's go on and on about what it might or  should or would  have happened when the truth is you have a racist and sexist man as president. A man who's getting and wants to get surrounded by very nasty people to run the country. Is it that hard to discuss that? 

No one here is actually understanding the gravity of the situation. I mean some do but others don't... this is not about picking a side! This is not about left or right! This is about hate, racism, sexism, homophobia.. are Americans proud that things which should belong to the past are all out there sweeping across the nation? Are people happy those sentiments are now common grounds in the White House? As usual hide your neck in the sand.. maybe people belonging to a minority group or who could actually empathise with minority groups can understand where I come from.  

Im sick of your justifications and personal theories... either you stand by hate or you don't! 

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

BAM!!! You hit that right on the nose and I'm sorry, but someone sitting in NYC, LA or across the ocean somewhere DOES NOT FULLY GRASP THIS I don't think. I live in the city in VA and both my city and the state of course went blue, however, if I drive 20-30 minutes to the county I grew up in, it's just as you described. Fortunately, VA hasn't had quite the decline that states in the "rust belt" have had but these people are just pissed for the mere fact that they've had to endure a "n***** President" for 8 years. That's TRUTH! I've heard it MANY MANY MANY times with my own ears and SADLY from my own family in some cases. When Obama got elected they were talking about how it's a sign the Anti-Christ has come back to earth and it's the beginning of the end....RAPTURE coming......:rolleyes:....it's fucking EMBARRASSING!! THESE are the people that need to be fucking deported.

This. 

4 hours ago, Nightshade said:

It's all you can do at this point. I mean, you can protest, but really that energy is better spent in the 2018 midterms. PLEASE OH PLEASE let this mess lead to the largest Democratic Senate and House majorities ever.

And until then? Be invisible? You understand all the things that can be done until 2018 thanks to a Republican majority in the Senate and Congress and Trump in the White House. There are potential threats that the progress made over the last 8 years can be reversed rather easily. Protest is the only thing people who oppose the this alt right agenda can do a the moment. It is the visibility of protesters, standing up against hate, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, that may keep politicians away from passing laws that may take civil rights away from certain groups of the population. It is not the time for complacency.

5 hours ago, Nightshade said:

It's all you can do at this point. I mean, you can protest, but really that energy is better spent in the 2018 midterms. PLEASE OH PLEASE let this mess lead to the largest Democratic Senate and House majorities ever.

I don't know what it will lead to for the Democratic Party but it will lead the world to a very dark few years. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
5 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

I never stood by the GOP or the Dem. I've never said they were the solutions. I have simply condemned Trump and his policies and his backwards views. I condem the people he's choosing to run the USA with. Once again I think you're the one missing the point.

If anything where are all the people who voted Trump because he had promised to get rid of the Left elite or Wall Street but as we have just witnessed lately he's not doing that and doesn't intend to because as he explained himself "it's the system!" Shouldn't those people be outraged?! But yes let's go on and on about what it might or  should or would  have happened when the truth is you have a racist and sexist man as president. A man who's getting and wants to get surrounded by very nasty people to run the country. Is it that hard to discuss that? 

No one here is actually understanding the gravity of the situation. I mean some do but others don't... this is not about picking a side! This is not about left or right! This is about hate, racism, sexism, homophobia.. are Americans proud that things which should belong to the past are all out there sweeping across the nation? Are people happy those sentiments are now common grounds in the White House? As usual hide your neck in the sand.. maybe people belonging to a minority group or who could actually empathise with minority groups can understand where I come from.  

Im sick of your justifications and personal theories... either you stand by hate or you don't! 

I STAND BY HATE!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
9 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Omfg if rumors start to erupt that he's even seriously considering that William Pryor to the Supreme Court (or anyone in/around that bad). Will be bloodshed all over the country but esp in every blue or purple city. That or states literally will try to secede from the union. Pud ain't gonna like Putin/Trumps orange anus anymore.  

Never would I go near that orange hole of trump! Now PUTINS pink on rid an entirely different story!!!

whos Pryor?! Anti gay?

10 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm not even a Hillary "fan" but I'm so sick of seeing her shit on by everyone. She's done so many things no differently than any other politician yet when SHE does it, it's as if it were the first time and EVIL EVIL EVIL. The woman has dedicated her life to public service. That ALONE makes her more qualified than Trump to be President. 

What went wrong? The electoral college that's what. More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton as their president and that's a fact. What's that I hear?? Us crazy left-wingers didn't care about the electoral college until now? You got it! This is the first time the votes of the electoral college placed an unqualified, hate monger in office so YES, it does need to be questioned at this point. If the person who Americans vote as their president doesn't become their president then that needs to be addressed. The question that needs to be answered is how do Republicans gain control of everything at a time when the sitting Democratic president has good approval ratings, the Dem candidate was ahead THE WHOLE TIME in the polls and the Democratic candidate won the popular vote? It doesn't seem very organic to me. It's like someone above Trump, above Hillary and above the electoral college pulled a string and said "ok...now it's the Republicans turn". The way this turned out leads me to believe that it didn't really matter who was running on both sides.....it was going to be Republicans turn regardless. 

I truly hope "Crooked Hillary" is somewhere in the background living up to her name, paying off SOMEONE, pulling strings somewhere, working her magic to get those electoral votes overturned somehow, some way. Very unlikely I know but hey, if anyone can pull it off it's that evil, manipulative CROOKED HILLARY right?? :rolleyes: 

I started to believe that Hillarys biggest problem is that she's a woman and a democrat. Only women standing by conservative views are accepted apparently. A woman with liberal views has always been seen as a threat in patriarchal societies. Hillary is no better or worse than her husband or Obama for that matter but she's the evil one who sent the US to hell. I just don't get it. She seemed to make much more sense than the Donald during those debates and she's also seeemed to be passionate about certain issues like public healthcare for a start. Something she was planning to do when her husband was president but everybody was against it simply because it was her idea, it was her project. My mother hates her with a passion and she doesn't even follow politics that much.. my dad hates her as he's a conservative so no surprise there but so many people simply don't like her just because it's a common thought she's not liked. I find it extremely ignorant. 

Guest Pud Whacker
1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Hate destroys the ones who hate and everyone suffers the same

What you see
Is not necessarily what you get

Eyes are the window to the soul
Take your judgments
And let them go...

25 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

What you see
Is not necessarily what you get

Eyes are the window to the soul
Take your judgments
And let them go...

Recognise that God is alive in anyone 

Recognise that Love lives in us all 

Guest Pud Whacker
1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

Recognise that God is alive in anyone 

Recognise that Love lives in us all 

dont forget that on your hate brigade. madonna has. 

Just now, Pud Whacker said:

dont forget that on your hate brigade.

Nah I am not, Pud and you know it. I'm just exposing the truth! Some peeps here have even admitted that they stand by hate. I'm just calling them out. So I'm the one getting the beating for criticising hate and the ones who choose to hate but those peeps are getting a free pass?! I give up then. 

Guest Pud Whacker
3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Nah I am not, Pud and you know it. I'm just exposing the truth! Some peeps here have even admitted that they stand by hate. I'm just calling them out. So I'm the one getting the beating for criticising hate and the ones who choose to hate but those peeps are getting a free pass?! I give up then. 

just remember there is kindness in The Truth. no matter how awful it is!!! :inlove:

I pray everyday for people like Trump and his friends and supporters. I pray they find a way in their heart to understand that every human being deserves respect and acceptance. America is possibly the ultimate place on earth where immigration helped shape and form the country and even make it the most powerful in the world. But that seems to be forgotten. Immigrants are the backbone for pretty much all the western countries doing jobs no one wants to do but there's this mentality of looking down at them as if they're second class citizens. It's ugly!  I was extremely upset when Trump was spitting venom during his rallies and even more upset watching his supporters getting all pumped up denigrating other human beings simply because they have a different colour of skin. I wonder if those people ever watched Shindlers List or American History X. I never meant to offend anyone here and certainly that's never been my intentions.  But is it ever possible in 2016 so many people still have the same mentality of This Is My Country! This Is My Land! Go Away! Is it ever possible that so many peeps are still buying the notion that all our problems are caused by immigrants and/or minorities? It's the same rhetoric somewhat used by all the right winged parties: blame immigrants not the politicians or the corporations or institutions. I hope I'm not alone in my thinking..

26 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I pray everyday for people like Trump and his friends and supporters. I pray they find a way in their heart to understand that every human being deserves respect and acceptance. America is possibly the ultimate place on earth where immigration helped shape and form the country and even make it the most powerful in the world. But that seems to be forgotten. Immigrants are the backbone for pretty much all the western countries doing jobs no one wants to do but there's this mentality of looking down at them as if they're second class citizens. It's ugly!  I was extremely upset when Trump was spitting venom during his rallies and even more upset watching his supporters getting all pumped up denigrating other human beings simply because they have a different colour of skin. I wonder if those people ever watched Shindlers List or American History X. I never meant to offend anyone here and certainly that's never been my intentions.  But is it ever possible in 2016 so many people still have the same mentality of This Is My Country! This Is My Land! Go Away! Is it ever possible that so many peeps are still buying the notion that all our problems are caused by immigrants and/or minorities? It's the same rhetoric somewhat used by all the right winged parties: blame immigrants not the politicians or the corporations or institutions. I hope I'm not alone in my thinking..

I don't want to be mean but... you've said this like 20 times in the last day or two. 

Rural America doesn't give a shit about Schindler's List. They do give a shit about the fact that 3 decades ago middle class America graduated from high school and worked in factories or on their own farms and today they're lucky if they get a full time job that pays minimum wage with no benefits. 

U.S. has lost 5 million manufacturing jobs since 2000

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s ties to agribusiness giant Monsanto, and her advocacy for the industry’s genetically modified crops, have environmentalists in Iowa calling her “Bride of Frankenfood” — putting yet another wrinkle in her presidential campaign’s courtship of liberal activists.

It's like none of you did absolutely anything at all to inform yourselves of what has been going on in the country. I keep saying it over and over again, you live in your leftist bubbles in NY and LA with your office jobs and your university degrees, and you have spent the last decade or two completely ignoring that part of the U.S. The simple fact that I've seen so many people in this thread say "ugh, they're so uneducated!" Yes, many of these people don't have college degrees because it wasn't necessary just a few years ago and now they're stuck in a world where they feel like they're not worth anything, desperately trying to find a job. And desperate people say and do really nasty things. 

Nobody cares about all this sappy, lovey dovey hippie crap that you and others keep sharing here, on Facebook, on the streets, on the Huffington Post, etc. They want decent paying jobs and you know who actually listened to them? Trump did. 

4 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

whos Pryor?! Anti gay?

I think he's the one who doesn't believe 'sodomites' should have the right to fornicate in the privacy of their own homes or something. Pleasant chap!

16 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

And I'll say this again  I grew UP in the rust belt and more specifically, in a depressed community. And let me tell you this: 

When those of us in the "township" got our drivers licenses, we were given one warning: Do NOT cross "the river" onto East Gennessee Road. 

Why? Because that was the ghetto. That's where the blacks lived. Where the gangs were. This was said in the 80's until I got mine 1996 and is being said to this day. 

So, what did I do? I crossed the bridge. It wasn't so bad. I actually found a smokey old coffee shop that I hung out at daily. Wrote in a journal, listened to Tori Amos and drank tea. 

Whats my point? 

That there's always, ALWAYS, been a nasty underbelly of subtle racism in the rust belt that was exploited by Trump AND EXPLODED into a mainstream acceptable way of life. Truth. 

You're KIDDING yourself if you think the people on the outskirts of Saginaw county Michigan were ever going to vote for Bernie. This goes for many, many other areas of the Midwest and south for that matter. 

They weren't. Why? Because many of these individuals told me they'd never do so.

Trump is their champion. Like he said, he could shoot someone in 5th avenue and still have their vote. 

Are those places you're talking about traditionally/historically Republican or Democrat ...out of interest?

I totally understand what you're saying @KalamazooJay

I went to school in what some call the most dangerous place in the country. I heard so many horror stories, and in all those years, I always felt perfectly fine, no matter the perception the place had and the urban legends,.. never had any problems. even people who are for a multicultural way of living and as left as they come..may still tell you to watch out when you go to a specific area because of "what they hear.." it's really sorta ingrained in people.. it's racist too, even if it's less direct or talked about.

Guest Pud Whacker
34 minutes ago, Kim said:

I think he's the one who doesn't believe 'sodomites' should have the right to fornicate in the privacy of their own homes or something. Pleasant chap!

:rotfl:

i hope Donald Ciccone makes the right decisions. 

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I totally understand what you're saying @KalamazooJay

I went to school in what some call the most dangerous place in the country. I heard so many horror stories, and in all those years, I always felt perfectly fine, no matter the perception the place had and the urban legends,.. never had any problems. even people who are for a multicultural way of living and as left as they come..may still tell you to watch out when you go to a specific area because of "what they hear.." it's really sorta ingrained in people.. it's racist too, even if it's less direct or talked about.

Where did you go to school?

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

I don't want to be mean but... you've said this like 20 times in the last day or two. 

Rural America doesn't give a shit about Schindler's List. They do give a shit about the fact that 3 decades ago middle class America graduated from high school and worked in factories or on their own farms and today they're lucky if they get a full time job that pays minimum wage with no benefits. 

U.S. has lost 5 million manufacturing jobs since 2000

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s ties to agribusiness giant Monsanto, and her advocacy for the industry’s genetically modified crops, have environmentalists in Iowa calling her “Bride of Frankenfood” — putting yet another wrinkle in her presidential campaign’s courtship of liberal activists.

It's like none of you did absolutely anything at all to inform yourselves of what has been going on in the country. I keep saying it over and over again, you live in your leftist bubbles in NY and LA with your office jobs and your university degrees, and you have spent the last decade or two completely ignoring that part of the U.S. The simple fact that I've seen so many people in this thread say "ugh, they're so uneducated!" Yes, many of these people don't have college degrees because it wasn't necessary just a few years ago and now they're stuck in a world where they feel like they're not worth anything, desperately trying to find a job. And desperate people say and do really nasty things. 

Nobody cares about all this sappy, lovey dovey hippie crap that you and others keep sharing here, on Facebook, on the streets, on the Huffington Post, etc. They want decent paying jobs and you know who actually listened to them? Trump did. 

But didn't the West become rich and prosper thanks to globalisation? How many US citizens are happy to do jobs the average immigrant has to do in order to eat? In England a lot of nationals are angry at immigrants because they are told they stole their jobs but how much of it is true? This is not about being a hippy or a left luvie or getting altogether and sing kumbaya lol this is about pure ignorance and people like Trump played on it and yes the government is at fault; multi corporations are at fault; all the West is at fault! Greed has brought us where we are now. The mentality of having more, more, more without considering there are other people; other countries paying the price. It's very easy to feel entitled to have because that's what we are used to since the day we were born. Not everybody on earth has our privileges. It's just selfishness pure and simple but people don't want to talk about that because ultimately we are all responsible for this crisis. Why so many people from impoverished countries have moved to the West in the end? This isn't about the educated people from NYC or LA vs the rural folks in Winsonsin for example. There's so much more to it. Those people watch the news and are told immigrants are stealing their jobs, are taking away their religion, are overusing or misusing national resources and the average man is going to believe it. Those folks haven't got jobs because the big corporations moved their business to places like China so they would exploit man labour and still sell their products to the West. I'm sorry but someone should have said and done something about that long time ago but people kept buying those products and still participating to the spending, spending, spending mentality. I did stress in one of my posts money and the culture of money has a lot to do with the outcome of this election as well. 

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

This isn't about the educated people from NYC or LA vs the rural folks in Winsonsin for example. There's so much more to it. Those people watch the news and are told immigrants are stealing their jobs, are taking away their religion, are overusing or misusing national resources and the average man is going to believe it. Those folks haven't got jobs because the big corporations moved their business to places like China so they would exploit man labour and still sell their products to the West. I'm sorry but someone should have said and done something about that long time ago but people kept buying those products and still participating to the spending, spending, spending mentality. I did stress in one of my posts money and the culture of money has a lot to do with the outcome of this election as well. 

This is all fine and dandy, but you completely fail to accept the fact that these people have been manipulated because of their circumstances. Not the other way around. Many of them have taken blow after blow, and they're somewhere between feeling hopeless and desperate. 

The right used this to their advantage and manipulated them, Trump namely, and it all started with that Tea Party. When there's a perceived danger, in this case Muslims and Mexicas, it gets people to the polling stations. 

The Democrats offered them NOTHING this time around and I just think writing post after post after post about how racist and awful they are does absolutely nothing whatsoever. 

It gets really, really tiring after a while. We get it, they're uneducated, racist, xenophobic and we're ALL above that. :wacko:

13 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

This is all fine and dandy, but you completely fail to accept the fact that these people have been manipulated because of their circumstances. Not the other way around. Many of them have taken blow after blow, and they're somewhere between feeling hopeless and desperate. 

The right used this to their advantage and manipulated them, Trump namely, and it all started with that Tea Party.  

The Democrats offered them NOTHING this time around and I just think writing post after post after post about how racist and awful they are does absolutely nothing whatsoever. 

It gets really, really tiring after a while. We get it, they're uneducated, racist, xenophobic and we're ALL above that. :wacko:

Hahah you really think Trump is going to be their saviour by selling them hate? What happened to "I'm going to get rid of Wall Street"? The power has just shifted from the left elite to the right one. Can't you see that?

And nah you just don't get it. This is America we are talking about! if America which has always been used as an example for freedom and democracy is going to be ruled with such backwards views who else is going to represent those values in the world?  So now peeps get manipulated into becoming nasty and vicious; into being a racist or a sexist?! If every poor person in the world has to hold a grudge or whatever oh my this world wouldn't even exist! 

And how many times do I have to stress I'm not a democrat! I don't vote left.. I don't care about politics in that sense. I don't pick sides but what's  going on in the US is atrociously WRONG! I won't stand by it. So because the Democrat offered nothing to those folks then it's cool for them to become racist, sexist idiots?! Im not even sure you are reading my posts to be perfectly honest with you.. you just don't understand what I'm trying to say. I give up with you as well. Have a good evening, Ulizos.