Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Guest Pud Whacker

14 hours ago, whyme? said:

I'm still completely distraught over this election. I'm so down, and it's affecting everything from work to social to family.

What bothers me even more than trumpf fake-winning is that the house, senate and supreme court will all be far right-wing. That old bitch Ruth Ginsburg from the supreme court will probably croak sometime soon and he'll replace her with another right winger. That will bring the court to 3 liberals and 6 conservatives.

(And yes she's a old bitch because she should have retired when obama was first elected and democrats had a majority in the senate).

WTF !  Pretty awful to blame someone for not retiring and calling them an old bitch instead of blaming Trump for his right wing policies.  Do you think people should stop working when they are still capable just because they are old and might die. 

1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

WTF !  Pretty awful to blame someone for not retiring and calling them an old bitch instead of blaming Trump for his right wing policies.  Do you think people should stop working when they are still capable just because they are old and might die. 

That jazz

imagegif

I hope for all American people you can manage to live with each other's opinions. And you don't let others manipulate you towards even more hate, there seems to be a lot of it already. At this point, looking from outside, the Civil War comes to mind. Don't let a handful of people profit from your distress and anger, you know they can't wait for it, really.

I know it's a bit much, but I'm worried. 

7 hours ago, drunkbysix said:

But it's his opinion. If you don't like it fuck off and block him but don't criticize him because you don't agree.

agaiin you morherfuckers are turning me tf away from this forum! 

Oh Bitch! 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What if Obama's presidential campaign had embraced the rhetoric of black extremist groups?

What if Obama never really laid out an action plan for ANYTHING during his campaign?

What if Obama said he vowed to deport all undocumented immigrants of white/European decent?

What if Canada decided due to the craziness of the US, that they want to put up a wall to protect themselves.....but they want us to pay for it. What if Obama supported that decision?

What if these words passed through Obama's lips in '08 when running against McCain..... "He's not a war hero.  He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."?

What if numerous allegations of sexual misconduct and/or straight up RAPE had clouded Obama's campaign?

What if a video of Obama talking about grabbing the pussy of a white woman surfaced?

What if Michelle were a former nude model with erm....suggestive pics all over the net?

AMERICA WOULD'VE BEEN ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED AT A BLACK MAN RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT DOING ANY OF THOSE THINGS. So, why's it ok for Trump?

7 hours ago, XXL said:

Cornanalisi I guess I have even mo. re animus against the Democratic Party that would trout out a neoliberal disaster, knowing that we needed a Bernie Sanders like figure who could convince the white working class and then linked him to poor people, people of colour, women, gays and lesbians, disabled and elderly and others. Even if Hillary Clinton had won I would still be deeply concerned about her militarism in the Middle East and Russia and so forth

Aren't you at all encouraged by the apparent cordiality between president-elect Trump and President Obama at their meeting today?

Cornel West: We know that the elite, no matter whether they're neoliberal, conservative and sometimes even neofascist, they have a certain common culture, they went to the Ivy League, they hang out at the same golf courses, sip tea in the same context, so in that situation both of them are masters in putting on a certain kind of mass in order to connect with each other, but most importantly I am very concerned about the planned parenthood sides and what's going to happen to my Muslim and Mexican brothers and sisters now ... and we know that Obama himself deported over a million of people so there's a certain continuity even on that issue with both of them

You have contended in the past, quite persuasively, that Barack Obama was too keen to prove himself a president for all people and that may have actually dissuaded him from taking more profound actions specifically in favour of the Afrcan-American community. Could that be part of the reason why so many black voters appear to have deserted the Democrats between 2012 and 2016?

Cornel West: No my argument was that his language was "he's for all the people" but his neoliberal administration has not been for poor and working people, that's why you have the resentment, that's why you have the right wing populace backlash supporting Trump. The recovery during the Obama administration never really filtered down to poor people or working people

Indeed  .... but it has been cyclical some suggest that whenever there is a big step forward for civil rights, the pendulum inevitably swings back a little. Having a man of colour in the WH for 8 years did create a groundswell of resentment that Donald Trump was able to exacerbate?

Cornel WestI think that's true, that's one element of it but we don't want to accent simply the racial element and downplay the class element. If we had a black man in the White House who focused on working people, no matter what colour and focused on poor people, it would pull the rug from under any possible Donald Trump

Could he have done that though with so little support in the Congress?

Cornel West: Sure, I am talking about the motivation and the effort, if he had tried to do it then he would have showed white working class men and others that "I am concerned about you, I just can't pull it off", but by not even trying to do it, they had no alternative. Most Americans are desperate my brother 

Do you think brother Bernie could have beaten Donald Trump?

Cornel West: Yes I do, very much so

I completly agree with his analysis.

6 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I miss her already!! ;8P lmao 

Did she say at some point that she is sick of Bernie Sanders' campaign lies? :blink: 

In some parts she reminds me of Annette Bening's character in American Beauty

Only it's real life

Carolyn-crying-gif.gif

RHIb9sI.gif

tumblr_nf5ji2AleY1s72k2ho4_r1_500.gif

Guest CzarnaWisnia

5 minutes ago, XXL said:

Did she say at some point that she is sick of Bernie Sanders' campiagn lies? :blink: 

Yes! Isn't that hilarious?

3 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

I completly agree with his analysis.

You must be a supporter of Trump's foul mouth and antics then!!  Shame on you

If only some left voters would just for a moment pause and consider whether Clinton was in fact the right candidate or not. And reading some posts in the previous thread, my God, the amount of poor information some people have about the Middle East or history in general is telling. Not all the Muslim world is the same, there is a huge difference between Sunni and Shiite countries 

You cannot tell American people or people from any other nation that Assad must go (Syria being a Shiite country like Iran) when you funnell (or take) vast amounts of money to medieval, barbaric, ruthless, hypocritical, mysoginistic powers like Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc (Sunni countries whose mysogyny doesn't seem to elicit the same response and understandable outrage Trump's mysogyny does - but how comes?) with ZERO regard for human rights and then expect to be credible in the same instance.  Some people need to educate themselves about what's actually going on in the Middle East and stop saying it's not an energy/geopolitical decade-long conflict scenario. The entire US economy depends on oil, the US currency depends on it most of all.

Know your facts and history. So if Trump got there it's also the responsibility of policies that look more neocon than neo liberal (some will say those labels are interchangeable these days in terms of economy and foreign policies) meanwhile the middle classes are hurting (and not just in the US) for this reckless bipartizan agenda based on lies whose only constant is the increasing devolution of vast swathes of wealth and people's rights in the hands of the banking and corporate sector in general.

And I am tired of some people saying "well don't involve America then", nobody called you from those countries, the illegal invasion of certainly two of them will suffice as example, in the last 15 years at least because if we go pre 9/11 and during the cold war there's a whole disgusting Henri Kissinger chapter of crimes against humanity to be addressed. The US government needs the oil and gas from the entire region and wants all of it. Humanitarianism is just a big fat lie and the demonisation of Russia (which doesn't mean saying Russia is a democratic or not an oligarchic power - sometimes you need to specify everything here) is because they don't want Russia to have any of those energy sources and strategic platform for themselves. Facts on a stick.

Russia being the only country that has done something tangible against ISIS, ironically, but that's exactly the point: ISIS is a tool to reach the ultimate goal/prerequisite: the removal of Assad, in order to prevent the construction of a pipeline that will reach Europe bypassing the Saudis, Qatar and Turkey, all countries that keep the value of the dollar artificially going by virtue of allignment of oil resources to the currency itself, rather than Gold being the agent attached to it. See Chapter Africa. An enitire continent, rich with mineral resources, being kept into slavery and militaristic dictatorship exacty because the US backed away from gold and tied the dollar to oil back in the Nixon days

29 minutes ago, XXL said:

Did she say at some point that she is sick of Bernie Sanders' campiagn lies? :blink: 

In some parts she reminds me of Annette Bening's character in American Beauty

Only it's real life

Carolyn-crying-gif.gif

RHIb9sI.gif

tumblr_nf5ji2AleY1s72k2ho4_r1_500.gif

:dead:I've just watched the movie few days ago.

12 hours ago, Ivy said:

As opposed to the 78% of Americans, who presently under a democratic regime cannot even locate their own state on a map of America. How much dumber can a society get! 

That's exactly the point

So why expect most people (even in Europe by the way) to know the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite Muslim? That's why I am saying we live in an edulcorated simplistic 5 min news system where people get played off on against each other without even realising they are getting screwed over from multiple directions.

But the bottom line is how people pay their mortgages, debts etc and what that Princeton Professor is saying is that had the Obama years focused more on that Trump wouldn't have won, having a Clinton who took money from Saudi Arabia and cites Kissinger as the to go to guy in foreign politics sealed the curse deal for this electoral outcome. Also, I really find all those Gagas, Beyonces etc etc, stupid, vacuous celebrities with nothing to say rallying up for her showing how even more out of tuch these people or people running her campaign are

24 minutes ago, XXL said:

You must Refresh inrter of Trump's foul mouth  ad antics then!!  Shame on you

If only some left voters would just for a moment pause and consider whether Clinton was in fact the right candidate or not. And reading some posts in the previous thread, my God, the amount of poor information some people have about the Middle East or history in general is telling. Not all the Muslim world is the same, there is a huge difference between Sunni and Shiite countries 

You cannot tell American people or people from any other nation that Assad must go (Syria being a Shiite country like Iran) when you funnell (or take) vast amounts of money to medieval, barbaric, ruthless, hypocritical, mysoginistic powers like Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc (Sunni countries whose mysogyny doesn't get the same response and understandable outrage Trump's mysogyny gets - but how comes?) with ZERO regard for human rights and then expect to be credible in the same instance.  Some people need to educate themselves about what's actually going on in the Middle East and stop saying it's not an energy/geopolitical decade-long conflict scenario. The entire US economy depends on oil, the US currency depends on it most of all.

Know your facts and history. So if Trump got there it's also the responsibility of policies that look more neocon than neo liberal (some will say those labels are interchangeable these days in terms of economy and foreign policies, it's a joke) meanwhile the middle classes are hurting (and not just in the US) for this reckless bipartizan agenda based on lies

And I am tired of some people saying "well don't involve America then", nobody called you from those countries, the illegal invasion of certainly two of them will suffice as example, in the last 15 years at least because if we go pre 9/11 and during the cold war there's a whole disgusting Henri Kissinger chapter of crimes against humanity to be addressed. The US government needs the oil and gas from the entire region and wants oll of it. Humanitarianism is just a big fat lie and the demonisation of Russia (which doesn't mean saying Russia is a democratic or not an oligarchic power - sometimes you need to specify everything here) is because they don't want Russia to have any of those energy sources and strategic platform for themselves. Facts on a stick.

Lol not a Trump supporter of course and Hillary hater either, but I can't be blind over her responsabilities in the Middle East. I liked Bernie, I think he was very refreshing for the american politics.

19 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

:dead:I've just watched the movie few days ago.

I love that movie :laugh:

Wonderful snapshot of American society and its contradictions

Loved both Annette Bening and Kevin Spacey in it

13 hours ago, pjcowley said:

Asia dear, tell us something people don't already know, Another daddy's princess who didn't go to school with too much coke at her disposal has stated the obvious. Wow, so political. I'd rather have a celebrity make an informed statement for a change and not just parrot what is an obvious situation. Failing to address what caused it in the first place.

Like her or not, but Susan mentions a handful of issues everybody should be talking about and not just in terms of US politics

42 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Lol not a Trump supporter of course and Hillary hater either, but I can't be blind over her responsabilities in the Middle East. I liked Bernie, I think he was very refreshing for the american politics.

:laugh:

Yes a breath of fresh air indeed

Oh well

Guest Pud Whacker
2 hours ago, XXL said:

Asia dear, tell us something people don't already know, Another daddy's princess who didn't go to school with too much coke at her disposal has stated the obvious. Wow, so political. I'd rather have a celebrity make an informed statement for a change and not just parrot what is an obvious situation. Failing to address what caused it in the first place.

Like her or not, but Susan mentions a handful of issues everybody should be talking about and not just in terms of US politics

I LOVE Susan!!!! That's a  LIBRA!!!! :headbang:

13 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I miss her already!! ;8P lmao 

So where was this side of Hillary during the campaign debates? The one with a bit of gumption. Instead of a grinning, simpering zero that no-one paid any attention to?

15 hours ago, Kim said:

Guys it's understandable that tensions have risen because of this election, but please stop sniping at each other!

It's not just the forum.  It's everywhere.  People are arguing everywhere you go.  I'm truly scared of what's to come.  

Makes me tear up. 

Guest Pud Whacker
4 hours ago, Kim said:

So where was this side of Hillary during the campaign debates? The one with a bit of gumption. Instead of a grinning, simpering zero that no-one paid any attention to?

:18 is the MOTTO OF MY LIFE!

terrible the democrats THREW OUT HILLARY IN '08!

http://www.theroot.com/blog/the-grapevine/wanda-sykes-to-audience-booing-after-calling-president-elect-racist-f-k-you/

Wanda Sykes to Booing Audience After Calling President-Elect Racist: ‘F–k You!’

November 14, 2016 

Apparently, the audience at a recent comedy fundraiser for cancer didn’t want to hear Sykes call President-elect Cheeto a racist.

Wanda Sykes performed at Boston’s TD Garden Saturday night, and once she started talking about President-elect Bleeding Gums, the crowd wasn’t too pleased.

During her set, Sykes basically told the truth about the dude, and how his election hadn’t marked the first time that the U.S. had chosen a “racist, sexist homophobic president.”

“He’s just the first confirmed one, that’s it,” Sykes said.

And that’s when the Boston crowd started to boo Sykes.

“[F–k] you, [motherf–ker], [f–k] all of y’all,” Sykes said. Then, she pointed at people and said, “[F–k] you, you, you.”

Sykes wasn’t the only one to get political at the 22nd annual Comics Come Home fundraiser, held on behalf of the Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care, but, according to the Boston Herald, she was the only one to receive boos.

But the boos didn’t stop Sykes; she continued her set about the racist.

“How can you say he’s not racist?” she asked. “’Grab them by the [p–sy]’? How can you say he’s not sexist? How can you say he’s not homophobic?”

After her set, she flipped the crowd the middle finger and walked off the stage.

Yep the intolerance against the *other* side (or the losing side) will increase and increase until the 'new normal' is to just agree with the rhetoric of the day, and heaven help anyone who doesn't. Seen the same thing happening in certain parts of the UK since Brexit.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yep the intolerance against the *other* side (or the losing side) will increase and increase until the 'new normal' is to just agree with the rhetoric of the day, and heaven help anyone who doesn't. Seen the same thing happening in certain parts of the UK since Brexit.

what a bright future we have

Opinion: Europe Alone in Trump's World

Alone again. Since World War II’s end, Europe has looked at the world through a transatlantic lens. There have been ups and downs in the alliance with the United States, but it was a family relationship built on a sense that we would be there for each other in a crisis and that we are fundamentally like-minded.

Donald Trump’s election as US president threatens to bring this to an end – at least for now. He believes more in walls and oceans than solidarity with allies, and has made it clear that he will put America not just first, but second and third as well. “We will no longer surrender this country, or its people,” he declared in his one major foreign-policy speech, “to the false song of globalism.”

Europeans will not only have to get used to Trump; they will have to look at the world through different eyes. There are four reasons to expect that Trump’s America will be the single biggest source of global disorder.

First, American guarantees are no longer reliable. Trump has questioned whether he would defend Eastern European NATO members if they do not do more to defend themselves. He has said that Saudi Arabia should pay for American security. He has encouraged Japan and South Korea to obtain nuclear weapons. In Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, Trump has made it clear that America will no longer play the role of policeman; instead, it will be a private security company open for hire.

Second, global institutions will come under attack. Trump fundamentally rejects the view that the liberal world order that the US built after WWII (and expanded after the Cold War) is the cheapest way of defending American values and interests. Like George W. Bush after September 11, 2001, he views global institutions as placing intolerable constraints on US freedom of action. He has a revisionist agenda for almost all of these bodies, from the World Trade Organization to NATO and the United Nations. The fact that he wants to put the “Art of the Deal” into practice in all international relationships – renegotiating the terms of every agreement – is likely to provoke a similar backlash among America’s partners.

Third, Trump will turn all US relationships on their head. The crude fear is that he will be kinder to America’s foes than to its allies. Most challenging for Europeans is his admiration for Russian President Vladimir Putin. Should Trump, cozying up to Putin in search of a grand bargain, recognize Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea, the EU would be placed in a near-impossible role.

Fourth, there is Trump’s unpredictability. Even during the 18 months of the presidential campaign, Trump has been on both sides of almost every issue. The fact that he will say the opposite today of what he said yesterday, without admitting that he has changed his mind, shows the extent to which capriciousness is his method.

One of the benefits the US political system is that it provides a two-month grace period to prepare for Trump’s world. So what should Europeans do about it?

First, we need to try to increase leverage over the US. We know from Trump’s writings and behavior that he is likely to resemble other strongmen presidents and treat weakness as an invitation to aggression. We saw from the Iraq experience that a divided Europe has little ability to influence the US. But where Europe has worked together – on privacy, competition policy, and taxation – it has dealt with the US from a position of strength.

The same was true with the so-called E3+3 policy on Iran – when the big EU member states shifted the US stance by standing together. To get on the front foot, the EU now needs to launch a process to agree on common policies on security, foreign policy, migration, and the economy. This will be difficult, as Europe is deeply divided, with France fearing terrorism, Poland dreading Russia, Germany inflamed by the refugee issue, and the United Kingdom determined to go it alone.

Second, Europeans should show that they are able to hedge their bets and build alliances with others. The EU must reach out to other powers to help shore up global institutions against Trumpian revisionism. And it also needs to diversify its foreign-policy relationships. Rather than waiting for Trump to marginalize the EU over Russia and China, Europeans should fly some kites of their own. Should they, for example, begin consulting with the Chinese on the EU arms embargo to remind the US of the value of the transatlantic alliance? Could the EU develop a different relationship with Japan? And if Trump wants to cozy up to Russia, maybe he should take over the Normandy process on Ukraine?

Third, Europeans need to start to invest in their own security. From Ukraine to Syria, from cyber attacks to terror attacks, Europe’s security is being probed in different ways. Despite an intellectual understanding that 500 million Europeans can no longer contract out their security to 300 million Americans, the EU has done little to close the gap between its security needs and its capabilities. It is time to put meat on the bones of the Franco-German plan for European defense. And it will be important to find institutionalized ways of binding the UK into Europe’s new security architecture.

In all of these areas, Europeans must keep the door to transatlantic cooperation open. This alliance – which has so often saved Europe from itself – is bigger than any individual. And, in any case, Trump will not last forever. But the transatlantic relationship will be more likely to survive if it is built on two pillars that understand and defend their own interests.

This will be a tough agenda to adopt – not least because Europe is facing its own brand of populist nationalism. France’s far-right National Front leader, Marine Le Pen, was among the first to congratulate Trump on his victory, and Trump has said that he would put the UK at the front of the queue after Brexit. But even Europe’s most Trump-like leaders will find it harder to defend their national interest if they try to go it alone. To survive in Trump’s world, they should try to make Europe great again.

http://www.euronews.com/2016/11/14/europe-alone-in-trump-s-world

Don't you DARE call me, Hillary. 

If I were Hillary I would've told him to shut the FUCK up during the debate. It'd get massive coverage and there's no such thing as bad press, so I'd be President.

But no, I'm not Hillary and we got Alicia Machado instead. :wacko: