MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
henree

I want the MDNA tour so bad .....

9 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Yes, there is a Japanese download. It's very good although sometimes has Japanese subtitles on it. I seem to remember it's about 7gb download size though.

I think I want that!

21 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The mixing is horrible and it wasn't a problem with the discs. The audio cd is the same. It's probably the worst audio concert release ever. You know who to blame for it. 

Can we get rid of you know who?

6 hours ago, GOD said:

Can we get rid of you know who?

Yes, please! From now on, they should just release the damn stems so that we can do the final steps ourselves. :angel:

"hi everyone, this is to show the quality of the work i have done for this MDNA TOUR, soon i will be uploading the full file, i hope you guys like it."- gogetamusic

I still think this is her best tour release (DVD version of course). I know I'm in the minority, but I think the editing, cinematography, color grading, and slo mo shots are all stunning.

giphy.gif

I have issues with the too-quick edits and the grainy effect but it's still an amazing show.

The show is almost unwatchable for me on the DVD form , all the best performance have huge fuckups

The only viewable segment from the DVD is LAV/LS with the B&S effect and photographs..

Still have some mixed feelings regarding concert film. It's my second favorite tour, but it doesn't' exactly captured the fantastic live experience. There are parts that I strongly dislike and other parts that are very good and impressive. 

My favorite part are the last three performances to end dvd. Just really enjoy watching it. 

"Celebration/Give It 2 Me" was captured pretty well. I love that performance. So much energy!

I agree that the last session was best captured

but i still hate the grainy blue filter and the contrast so high that she looks flat and like a instagram picture

The light show for celebration just seemed so much more impressive live and in person than what is displayed on the Blu-ray. Just my opinion. 

^that happens to me with the first section, it was so cinematic and that was lost in the edition, the rest is fine. 

I was in a good mood today and this totally put me down.

I went to this tour and I love it and I she blowed my mind, but when the Bluray-dvd-cd mess came I was so disapointed =(

I know people will disagree with me, but she should film the concerts in a more simple way, ala confessions, and even there there are a few things that I don´t like (Music´s beginning, for example).

We should have the non touched thing, plus the super edited version.Hoepfully RH´s won´t be as edited as MDNA

23 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I know people will disagree with me, but she should film the concerts in a more simple way, ala confessions, and even there there are a few things that I don´t like (Music´s beginning, for example).

We should have the non touched thing, plus the super edited version.Hoepfully RH´s won´t be as edited as MDNA

youtube.com

2 hours ago, promise to try said:

I know people will disagree with me, but she should film the concerts in a more simple way, ala confessions

Confessions is not edited in a simple way though. Some already complained about the quick cuts there.

Just now, Illuminati said:

Confessions is not edited in a simple way though. Some already complained about the quick cuts there.

me, back in the day, but comparing it to mdna´s or rh´s broadcast...

One wonders if it's really that hard to study the concert sequences of Truth or Dare and learn how to edit a concert perfectly. But then they were experts back then, not Madge & co arsing about on microsoft moviemaker like nowadays.

4 hours ago, Kim said:

One wonders if it's really that hard to study the concert sequences of Truth or Dare and learn how to edit a concert perfectly. But then they were experts back then, not Madge & co arsing about on microsoft moviemaker like nowadays.

Plus she was 32.

As amazing as Madonna looked on the MDNA tour the quick cuts and filters were there to make her appear younger.

The black and white during Like a Virgin/Love Spent and those still images mixed in....the performance was beautiful enough as it was.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Plus she was 32.

As amazing as Madonna looked on the MDNA tour the quick cuts and filters were there to make her appear younger.

The black and white during Like a Virgin/Love Spent and those still images mixed in....the performance was beautiful enough as it was.

Well you're right (for once :bad:) that Madonna looked flawless on MDNA Tour and I saw that myself close up in daylight. If there's one thing I could talk to Madonna about face to face it would be her (often contradictory) views on ageing. The filters, the lack of real closeups, the soft focus etc actually do more damage than good, serving to highlight rather than disguise her insecurities.

The quick cuts on MDNA are just horrific and ruin the majestic production values of that tour, but what's done is done.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well you're right (for once :bad:) that Madonna looked flawless on MDNA Tour and I saw that myself close up in daylight. If there's one thing I could talk to Madonna about face to face it would be her (often contradictory) views on ageing. The filters, the lack of real closeups, the soft focus etc actually do more damage than good, serving to highlight rather than disguise her insecurities.

The quick cuts on MDNA are just horrific and ruin the majestic production values of that tour, but what's done is done.

Completely agree with you !!

Its a shame because the edit of her amazing concerts are effected forever more.

6 hours ago, Confessit said:

Plus she was 32.

But the DVD was also an unplanned mess from her team!

I dont get it why they dont hire a professional music/concert director, instead they decided to film on the last stop at the american leg... a show where she was 3/half hours late. You can see they didnt plan this at all. GGW shots are atrocious

Now I'm loving dvd more again after watching it twice during the past fews days.