MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
henree

I want the MDNA tour so bad .....

This is one of my favorite tours. I could not wait until the bluray came out so I could masterb@te while watching it. LOL. But the sound quality devastated me to the core. I bought another copy from Amazon a few monthes after. Still horrible sound. Even decided to buy another bluray last month and it was another dud. I know the manufacturer supposedly fixed the issues. I just can't figure out how to find copy with the audio problems rectified. $50 bucks on three different discs and they all were defective.  Can anyone tell me what are the best options to view this masterpiece of a tour besides youtube? 

The mixing is horrible and it wasn't a problem with the discs. The audio cd is the same. It's probably the worst audio concert release ever. You know who to blame for it. 

3 hours ago, henree said:

This is one of my favorite tours. I could not wait until the bluray came out so I could masterb@te while watching it. LOL. But the sound quality devastated me to the core. I bought another copy from Amazon a few monthes after. Still horrible sound. Even decided to buy another bluray last month and it was another dud. I know the manufacturer supposedly fixed the issues. I just can't figure out how to find copy with the audio problems rectified. $50 bucks on three different discs and they all were defective.  Can anyone tell me what are the best options to view this masterpiece of a tour besides youtube? 

The copies you got probably aren't defective. They are really THAT bad.

5 hours ago, henree said:

Whereabouts are you? They only reissued the corrected version in the US. It's a gamble buying it anywhere else because we don't know if the original pressing is still in circulation or if they even bothered to fix it in subsequent pressings (if there are any) I got the new one from Amazon US just after they released it.

But please note that it was just a mess up with the surround channels that was fixed on the 5:1 mix, the regular stereo and the actual crap soundmix itself is still the same!

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

Whereabouts are you? They only reissued the corrected version in the US. It's a gamble buying it anywhere else because we don't know if the original pressing is still in circulation or if they even bothered to fix it in subsequent pressings (if there are any) I got the new one from Amazon US just after they released it.

But please note that it was just a mess up with the surround channels that was fixed on the 5:1 mix, the regular stereo and the actual crap soundmix itself is still the same!

Isn't there like a Japanese download or something that's better? Or did I dream that up?

1 hour ago, acko said:

Isn't there like a Japanese download or something that's better? Or did I dream that up?

Better picture quality I think. But that was when we were downloading the broadcast versions before the DVD came out. I'm sure there was one version of the audio that sounded pretty good...like someones TV/recording settings had captured it properly, better than the DVD anyway, but it's all a bit of a blur!

Remember when her record label released a statement telling the consumer to adjust the audio setting on our BLURAY players in order to maximize the sound quality. What a load of crap that was 

6 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Remember when her record label released a statement telling the consumer to adjust the audio setting on our BLURAY players in order to maximize the sound quality. What a load of crap that was 

They still have  Customer Notice: Adjust Your TV for Optimum Quality on the Amazon UK Blu-ray page. Too much :rotfl:

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

They still have  Customer Notice: Adjust Your TV for Optimum Quality on the Amazon UK Blu-ray page. Too much :rotfl:

The worst part is some idiots prolly fell for that bull :chuckle::lmao:

The sound mix is a disaster. It's even more horrible when you listen to it with headphones. Something went really wrong there.

I hope her production team has learnt from their mistakes. I'm actually terrified the RH tour video follows the same fate :wacko:

Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen

5 hours ago, Kim said:

So is is a Dolby Digital mix of the same bad source quality as before? 

9 minutes ago, henree said:

So is is a Dolby Digital mix of the same bad source quality as before? 

Yes that's the same. Weirdly, I find listening to the 5:1 mix through normal 2.0 speakers of the TV sounds better somehow...but the whole thing is a mess all in. Something went wrong with the mastering is the only thing I can think. The 2.0 (and CD audio) mix sounds EXACTLY like a down-mixed surround track. They've messed up somewhere and not bothered to fix it. You can't prove that the stereo mix is glitched (unlike the 5.0 where full channels were missing) but it clearly is.

Still regularly watch and even listen to the tour CD just because it's in my top three favorite tours from Madonna.

Refused  to purchase video at first because most disappointed about the way it was filmed and edited, but doesn't stop me now from continuing to watch it.

My friend watched it in NY theatre and commented about how it looked fantastic on the big screen. 

Has Paris leaked in full!!!??? 

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

Has Paris leaked in full!!!??? 

No just the first part. 'They' say the rest wasn't filmed, but I don't believe 'em.

8 hours ago, acko said:

Yes, there is a Japanese download. It's very good although sometimes has Japanese subtitles on it. I seem to remember it's about 7gb download size though.

The torrents to download the Japanese broacast have zero seeds unfortunately :(