Donald Trump elected U.S. president 🚽

Camacho

21 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Dunno have a feeling something is brewing to prevent this from happening lol. Read 2 million people signed a petition to ignore the electoral college or something. Just seems to be getting worse/worse and more surreal. The backlash is insane and just escalating. How is this guy and his team going to be able to govern? Almost feels like there's another 60+ days of this fking election now to see if he even gets inaugurated lol. Forget about what he said/did, the guy is absolutely dear in the headlights and has NO clue what he's doing. Christie now out from his 'transition team' lol! And Bannon in as Chief Of Staff :# lmao  Telling you he does NOT want this. Think he was whiplashed by winning. Simply wanted to win but not the gig. 

Agree. I said this insane election won't never end unless he drops out from presidency.

Part of me is so angry with Americans who are complaining now because we know that some who are complaining were too lazy to get out of their seat, away from their reality BS tv to VOTE.

it's a privilege to vote. in other countries you either get fined if you don't vote, OR you have no voice and people fight to have  a right to vote. americans who didnt vote should be ashamed of themselves. Even that petition is so damn lazy.. it takes two minutes to sign on a website. but they're just crying wolf. it's all a little too late now! they should take some action if they're really not happy with the results and DO SOMETHING. get creative

Guest CzarnaWisnia
6 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Yes she made money and she is obviously enjoying that lifestyle. Who wouldn't? But you can go beyond that. Anybody can. 

Her ideas, ideology, essence are always be a minority since day one. Yes she's wealthy. Yes she's not struggling economically.. but that's besides the point. Don't you think? She also took and still taking a lot of shit. She made silly records I give you that but she always had an eye or a view on what's going on in the world and stay true to her ideas. That's admirable in an industry in which you open your mouth and you're out. Its what she represents and stands for that is a minority. I wasn't shocked when she said because I got it straight away what she meant by that. That why I said don't insult our intelligence because I thought everybody understood what she meant. 

I understand but I guess I find it annoying when uber privileged people in society harness that word as if they were in some capacity on comparable grounds with, for example, a 69 year old immigrant woman who just got laid off or an 18 year old transgender person trying to get out of Virginia. It seems tacky to me. You can be a defender of minorities then, but a minority? In any political sense? To me that's laughable, even though it's cute.

1 hour ago, Lucky Star One said:

You know...the idiot fags in here who think they are smarter than Madonna is pathetic. NEWS FLASH: MADONNA IS FAR MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU. YOU BUNCH ARE A FUCKING JOKE.

CALM DOWN DEAR. 

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Part of me is so angry with Americans who are complaining now because we know that some who are complaining were too lazy to get out of their seat, away from their reality BS tv to VOTE.

it's a privilege to vote. in other countries you either get fined if you don't vote, OR you have no voice and people fight to have  a right to vote. americans who didnt vote should be ashamed of themselves. Even that petition is so damn lazy.. it takes two minutes to sign on a website. but they're just crying wolf. it's all a little too late now! they should take some action if they're really not happy with the results and DO SOMETHING. get creative

Yes, lazy buggers should have put down their twinkies and Diet Cokes and made their voice heard..no matter what way they swing on the spectrum!

Just now, Nikki said:

it's a privilege to vote. in other countries you either get fined if you don't vote, OR you have no voice and people fight to have  a right to vote. americans who didnt vote should be ashamed of themselves.

This is bullshit. The way I would get bashed by GetUnconcious, just as an example, for supporting Bernie Sanders, really got to me. He told me "you're Mexican, what would you know. Leave politics to the big boys." I stopped talking about Bernie Sanders, but what I should've done is gotten louder and REALLY gotten under Hillary's supporters' skin. 

NOBODY heard out anybody during this election. NOBODY in the LA, San Francisco and NYC bubbles of "love" and LGBT rights and recycling and banning plsatic bags ever took a second our of their privileged lives to hear out that other massive side of America whose communities have been devastated by politics over the last 3 decades and that NOBODY has stepped up to to help. Some of those people turned to Trump and others turned to Bernie. And the DNC bashed Bernie's supporters just as much as they bashed Trump's supporters and guess what? They ended up with 6 million less votes than Obama got during last elections when everyone was certain he was going to lose. 

This is what I and millions of people felt like. We were shut up, laughed at, written off as "idealists" and "dreamers" and now you guys are pretending like nobody was talking about this 6 months ago. "Where were you guys before?" "Won't ANYONE THINK OF THE GAYS?!?!?!" 

Give me a damn break. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

And the DNC bashed Bernie's supporters just as much as they bashed Trump's supporters and guess what? They ended up with 6 million less votes than Obama got during last elections when everyone was certain he was going to lose. 

This is what I and millions of people felt like. We were shut up, laughed at, written off as "idealists" and "dreamers" and now you guys are pretending like nobody was talking about this 6 months ago. 

:clap:

Thinking about that possibility of Republicans supporting a potential impeachment trial! (post on previous page by @pjcowley ) Normally such a threat could act as a restraint, but for someone as inexperienced in American politics as Trump it will be much harder to avoid major strategic mistakes in Washington. Also, his recruitment will play a major part in his political vulnerability.

2 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I understand but I guess I find it annoying when uber privileged people in society harness that word as if they were in some capacity on comparable grounds with, for example, a 69 year old immigrant woman who just got laid off or an 18 year old transgender person trying to get out of Virginia. It seems tacky to me. You can be a defender of minorities then, but a minority? In any political sense? To me that's laughable, even though it's cute.

You are looking at it that way because you see a minority only in terms of "what's going on to the real people" instead of looking at it as a way of thinking. I mean I don't think a minority should feel as a minority and that's the big difference. When minorities will cease to be minorities this world will be a lot better.  That's a way of thinking which is a minority in itself. People pay too much attention to silly things like words! They put so much emphasis and weight. I just don't get it.. I mean how many times we use words in the spur of the moment? Im sure she didn't mean it as "I'm an impoverished woman with 4 kids living in Queen with no gas money or something". I totally got what she meant.

1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

This is bullshit. The way I would get bashed by GetUnconcious, just as an example, for supporting Bernie Sanders, really got to me. He told me "you're Mexican, what would you know. Leave politics to the big boys." I stopped talking about Bernie Sanders, but what I should've done is gotten louder and REALLY gotten under Hillary's supporters' skin. 

NOBODY heard out anybody during this election. NOBODY in the LA, San Francisco and NYC bubbles of "love" and LGBT rights and recycling and banning plsatic bags ever took a second our of their privileged lives to hear out that other massive side of America whose communities have been devastated by politics over the last 3 decades and that NOBODY has stepped up to to help. Some of those people turned to Trump and others turned to Bernie. And the DNC bashed Bernie's supporters just as much as they bashed Trump's supporters and guess what? They ended up with 6 million less votes than Obama got during last elections when everyone was certain he was going to lose. 

This is what I and millions of people felt like. We were shut up, laughed at, written off as "idealists" and "dreamers" and now you guys are pretending like nobody was talking about this 6 months ago. "Where were you guys before?" "Won't ANYONE THINK OF THE GAYS?!?!?!" 

Give me a damn break. 

All valid points, but it doesn't change the fact that nearly HALF of the electorate didn't bother to vote....even if it was to just go in and spoil the damn ballot paper or write Kermit the Frog on it or something. This is probably the first time ever people had an actual psychopath and/or maverick standing...if that doesn't galvanize some people, then what will? 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
Just now, MeakMaker said:

You are looking at it that way because you see a minority only in terms of "what's going on to the real people" instead of looking at it as a way of thinking. I mean I don't think a minority should feel as a minority and that's the big difference. When minorities will cease to be minorities this world will be a lot better.  That's a way of thinking which is a minority in itself. People pay too much attention to silly things like words! They put so much emphasis and weight. I just don't get it.. I mean how many times we use words in the spur of the moment? Im sure she didn't mean it as "I'm an impoverished woman with 4 kids living in Queen with no gas money or something". I totally got what she meant.

I understand too and yes it's a state of mind as well. But words do have their importance, they affect people. Of course grandiosely rich people can be independant thinkers and fringe activists. That's fantastic! But they still get to return to material comfort when they get back home, which is fine except that's where you have to draw the line in the "minority" business. Being an independant thinker and being a minority (in a political or social sense) are two very different things.

3 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Give me a damn break. 

Why did you allow that bully to shut you down?

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 minutes ago, Kim said:

This is probably the first time ever people had an actual psychopath and/or maverick standing...if that doesn't galvanize some people, then what will? 

I think what will is someone with passion and heart with no secret agenda and a past record that doesn't include too much crass.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

All valid points, but it doesn't change the fact that nearly HALF of the electorate didn't bother to vote....even if it was to just go in and spoil the damn ballot paper or write Kermit the Frog on it or something. This is probably the first time ever people had an actual psychopath and/or maverick standing...if that doesn't galvanize some people, then what will? 

After living in Mexico, I've seen first hand what happens to a country when people completely lose faith in the system. There's ZERO faith in the system. You will never meet anyone who supports anyone or a political party or anything. Nobody cares anymore. Hitler could be resurrected and run in Mexico and people are just so depressed and over politics that he would win thanks to low voter turn out.

The same exact thing is happening in the U.S. It's identical. Congress's approval ratings have been at 25% or lower over the last decade. I think it's at less than 15% now. Nobody cares. 

In my opinion, indifference is much, much, MUCH more dangerous than ignorance. And that's exactly what happened in these elections. And the way things are going with Democrats blaming everyone except themselves, I don't think anything is going to change in our lifetimes. 

1 minute ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I think what will is someone with passion and heart with no secret agenda and a past record that doesn't include too much crass.

Everyone knows Bernie should have been the candidate. Breaks my heart to think what could have been....

1 minute ago, Kim said:

It's all down to apathy. How many people out there simply don't care. Even now that they see their own country torn apart they just can't give two shits.. they carry on with their life and probably will be watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians and listening to Taylor Swift. When a bomb will drop over their heads they will start asking What's going on? 

@ULIZOS I understand what you're saying. the only people who were passionate about a candidate were the trump supporters, not the hillary ones. The DNC did this to themselves. they shouldn't have gone with hillary, but with someone like bernie who really spoke the language of the people, just like trump did, but on the other side. they needed someone with promises people could get passionate about.

1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

After living in Mexico, I've seen first hand what happens to a country when people completely lose faith in the system. There's ZERO faith in the system. You will never meet anyone who supports anyone or a political party or anything. Nobody cares anymore. Hitler could be resurrected and run in Mexico and people are just so depressed and over politics that he would win thanks to low voter turn out.

The same exact thing is happening in the U.S. It's identical. Congress's approval ratings have been at 25% or lower over the last decade. I think it's at less than 15% now. Nobody cares. 

In my opinion, indifference is much, much, MUCH more dangerous than ignorance. And that's exactly what happened in these elections. And the way things are going with Democrats blaming everyone except themselves, I don't think anything is going to change in our lifetimes. 

Fair enough, Obviously it needed someone to go in there and start an uprising of sorts....which would then panic other parts of the US. It takes a true maverick and visionary to bring the majority...or indeed minority... together. AS IF Crooked Hillary standing there grinning and pointing like a loon was ever gonna do that.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Yeah, an ideological vaccuum is the scariest thing, which is why I hope people become more politically involved in their immediate communities, which is where people actually can make a difference.

3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

It's all down to apathy. How many people out there simply don't care. Even now that they see their own country torn apart they just can't give two shits.. they carry on with their life and probably will be watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians and listening to Taylor Swift. When a bomb will drop over their heads they will start asking What's going on? 

That's what I thought about the UK...then nearly 80% got their asses out there for Brexit...(and made the WRONG choice of course...but whatevs....)

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

I LOVE how people laughed in her face when she said that and she was like "I AM a minority. I'm a woman!" Um, woman make up 51% of the population in the U.S. 

I don't think she understands what the word means. And people here want her to debate Marine Le Pen :lmao:

Madonna would never win a presidency.  She would be labelled "crooked Madonna" just Hill.

4 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Why did you allow that bully to shut you down?

I hate pulling the race card, but it's really, really easy to feel inferior and just end up shutting up and feeling worthless. I'm gay, arab AND Mexican. Three of the worst kinds of minority during these elections. I feel emotionally battered after these elections. 

I'm NOT a victim, I hate sounding like a victim, I will never victimize myself, but it was just really, really, really hard to hold your head up high this time around. 

I just used him as an example. It happened to me a lot this time around. Working at a Mexican newspaper. I never respond to people's comments, but I can't even write an article about plain ol' facts, no opinion, nothing, just facts, without having a wave of people comment on our articles with things like "FUCKING BEANERS" and "TRUMP IS GOING TO NUKE YOU MOTHER FUCKERS". 

6 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Madonna would never win a presidency.  She would be labelled "crooked Madonna" just Hill.

you need to have a certain vocabulary and political correctness (hence the name) in order to talk politics.. trump doesnt have it either. she's good just doing it in her creative work like other artists. but yes she doesnt really seem to see the word "minority" as other people (in the US) see it. I see what she means though, but she's not using the right term

33 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

The way I would get bashed by GetUnconcious, just as an example, for supporting Bernie Sanders, really got to me. He told me "you're Mexican, what would you know. Leave politics to the big boys."

That is outrageous! I thought GU was just a quirky, off putting guy. Boy was I wrong. :wacko: