Donald Trump elected U.S. president 🚽

Camacho

Guest Pud Whacker
3 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And of course you have proof for that.

I have proof of NOTHING. But I question EVERYTHING. Always have, always will. 

Nobody leads me anywhere  

That just sounds like a "little too convenient" let's hate story. 

Sometimes an opinion from an outsider is valid, because let's see what we have known from USA let's say in the past 10 years

1. People have lots of arms and get shooted in schools. 

2. Creationists are rampant

3. Far right people create Tea Parties to diffamate. 

4. Middle classes are even poorer because neoliberalism is pure shit

5. Not even God-Obama took care of environment, he put the country in the Paris Accord like EIGHT YEARS after he got to be president. 

6. Young millenials are potrayed as stupid. 

You take that mix explained up there and when you are thousands of kilometers away, you really think that maybe, just maybe, somebody like Trump can win. 

50 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The fact alone that the elections always take place on the second Tuesday in November shows how deeply outdated and discriminating is. Some may call it tradition. I don't. Let's have a look why we have this particular date: in November the harvest is done and people in rural areas are able to leave their farms or whatever. It's a Tuesday because on Sunday people are supposed to go to church. On Monday they start to travel to the polling stations which they will arrive on Tuesday. Why the second Tuesday? Because the 1st of November (which could be a Tuesday) is All Saints Day. You see, all of this is based in good ol Christian traditions which are stuck in time and ignore the realities and necessities of the present.

Thank you. I did not know it was on a working day. Very outdated indeed.

‘Prediction professor’ who called Trump’s big win also made another forecast: Trump will be impeached

Few prognosticators predicted a Donald Trump victory ahead of Tuesday night. Polls showed Hillary Clinton comfortably ahead, and much of America (chiefly the media) failed to anticipate the wave of pro-Trump support that propelled him to victory. But a Washington, D.C.-based professor insisted that Trump was lined up for a win -- based on the idea that elections are "primarily a reflection on the performance of the party in power."

Allan Lichtman uses a historically based system of what he calls "keys" to predict election results ahead of time. The keys are explained in-depth in Lichtman's book "Predicting the Next President: The Keys to the White House 2016." In our conversations in September and October, he outlined how President Obama's second term set the Democrats up for a tight race, and his keys tipped the balance in Trump's favor, even if just barely.

At the end of our September conversation, Lichtman made another call: That if elected, Trump would eventually be impeached by a Republican Congress that would prefer a President Mike Pence -- someone who establishment Republicans know and trust.

"I'm going to make another prediction," he said. "This one is not based on a system, it's just my gut. They don't want Trump as president, because they can't control him. He's unpredictable. They'd love to have Pence -- an absolutely down the line, conservative, controllable Republican. And I'm quite certain Trump will give someone grounds for impeachment, either by doing something that endangers national security or because it helps his pocketbook."

So while Republican voters clearly came home before Nov. 8 -- network exit polls show 90 percent of GOP voters cast ballots for Trump -- it's less clear that the party leadership is on board. (Lichtman actually isn't the only person to predict a Trump impeachment; this morning, the New York Times's David Brooks suggested a Trump impeachment or resignation was "probably" in the cards sometime within the next year.)

It's worth noting that Lichtman's predictions use very different methods than pollsters and data-based prognosticators. Some statisticians take issue with the structure of his system, a set of 13 true/false questions, saying that the binary nature of his keys leads to what's called "overfitting," which is basically creating a system that fits the data but has little statistical significance. But Lichtman counters by saying that the system has correctly predicted every election since 1984 (specifically, his predictions have picked the next president correctly in all of those elections but 2000, when he picked Al Gore, who won the popular vote). And Lichtman has his own criticism for data-based predictions.

"Polls are not predictors," he said Friday in an email. "They are snapshots that simulate an election. They are abused and misused as predictors. Even the analysis of polls by Nate Silver and others which claimed a probable Clinton victory with from more than 70 percent to 99 percent certainty are mere compilations that are no better than the underlying polls."

And he has particular disdain for prediction systems that assign a likelihood of winning.

"For all his acclaim, Nate Silver is only a clerk, not a scientific analyst," Lichtman said.

As for the real reason for Trump's win, Lichtman says the blame can't be put on Hillary Clinton or her campaign -- rather, he says, it was decided by the larger forces that shape American politics.

"The Democrats cannot rebuild by pointing fingers at Hillary Clinton and her campaign, which as the Keys demonstrated, were not the root cause of her defeat," he said. "The Democrats can rehabilitate themselves only by offering an inspiring progressive alternative to Republican policies and building a grass-roots movement."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-prediction-professor-allan-lichtman-president-elect-impeached-a7412451.html

The night of/day after was somber. I got emotionally involved with HRC (in 2008 and this year), and the result affected me. I'm better now, but it still stings- but, there also was baggage that she could not overcome, and the electoral method didn't help (the scandals, being female, fact that there hasn't been 12 years of consecutive Democrat president since the 1940s, etc.)

Aside form likely winning the popular vote buy a decent margin when all is said and done,  here's something to ponder. If the Electoral College distributed electoral votes similar to how delegates are awarded in the primaries, the result would look something like the following (I simply took the number of electoral votes in a state and the current percentage of votes each had- no rounding off- I even gave Trump the full extra 1 from Maine):

Clinton: 256.602
Trump: 253.84

52 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Oh how I wanted to see that televised debate between her and Madonna. Madonna would have exposed Le Pens for her bigot, backwards, racist, fascist and nazist views. It would have been a treat to watch for all the people believing in freedom and human rights. 

Is that idea or proposition completely scrapped?

I think it's better that it still may happen, because now she's probably more angry and passionate about it with trump being president elect.. dont underestimate le pen though.. she's good at defending her points. I think Madonna and sean @ art basel are going to be inspiring and exciting. you know it's going to be good seeing how political they are

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Oh how I wanted to see that televised debate between her and Madonna. Madonna would have exposed Le Pens for her bigot, backwards, racist, fascist and nazist views. It would have been a treat to watch for all the people believing in freedom and human rights. 

Please, Madonna calls herself a minority. She's a billionaire white woman, for fuck's sake. 

So out of touch with reality. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
15 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Please, Madonna calls herself a minority. She's a billionaire white woman, for fuck's sake. 

Well she is a minority. Part of the 1%. :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker
28 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

And the sheep flock along. 

I LOVE how people laughed in her face when she said that and she was like "I AM a minority. I'm a woman!" Um, woman make up 51% of the population in the U.S. 

I don't think she understands what the word means. And people here want her to debate Marine Le Pen :lmao:

1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

What is that supposed to mean? That she's the good kind of latina? :lmao:

Either she's a self-loathing Mex or not a Mex at all. Cuban Americans think of themselves as white. Do they know white America doesn't care?

4 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

Either she's a self-loathing Mex or not a Mex at all. Cuban Americans think of themselves as white. Do they know white America doesn't care?

I don't think it's that. I think they see themselves as political refugees, not illegal aliens. 

My theory is that Obama warming up to Cuba's government lost Florida for Hillary. 

Cubans would vote for Hitler himself if he kept that embargo going. 

19 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I LOVE how people laughed in her face when she said that and she was like "I AM a minority. I'm a woman!" Um, woman make up 51% of the population in the U.S. 

I don't think she understands what the word means. And people here want her to debate Marine Le Pen :lmao:

Madonna IS a minority in the respect that she's a woman who has built up her own wealth from nothing and always been fighting against the patriarchal society. See her take on politics; the Catholic Church; sex. And that happened in times when those things were taboo still. Her take on multiracial relationships showed on Like A Prayer! Her messages about sex, homosexuality and bisexuality. That were extreme back then. More minority than that? She was rediculed and told to shut up! A woman will always be a minority in the respect we are still living in a man oriented world. Women will always feel unfairly treated even if they're actually a majority in numbers but culturally they only started to be accepted with important roles only in the last 40 years or so. 

Ulizzo, please I'm begging you.. don't insult our intelligence! 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
30 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Madonna IS a minority in the respect that she's a woman who has built up her own wealth from nothing and always been fighting against the patriarchal society. See her take on politics; the Catholic Church; sex. And that happened in times when those things were taboo still. Her take on multiracial relationships showed on Like A Prayer! Her messages about sex, homosexuality and bisexuality. That were extreme back then. More minority than that? She was rediculed and told to shut up! A woman will always be a minority in the respect we are still living in a man oriented world. Women will always feel unfairly treated even if they're actually a majority in numbers but culturally they only started to be accepted with important roles only in the last 40 years or so. 

Please don't insult ours. Madonna has been sleeping in 5 stars hotels for 30 years. I love her lots, but don't give me crap about her being a minority. Fuck that. It's great that she feels close to minorities' struggles and she has a huge heart, but she's no "minority in trouble".

41 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Of course, none of them came to the U.S. for economic reasons. Who are they kidding? And "political refugee" sounds much more dramatic. 

And it's how they justify voting republican :) and joining the party :)

It's soooo bizarre because there's a really big Cuban community in Mexico and they're NOTHING like that. At all. 

5 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Please don't insult ours. Madonna has been sleeping in 5 stars hotels for 30 years. I love her lots, but don't give me crap about her being a minority. Fuck that. It's great that she feels close to minorities' struggles and she has a huge heart, but she's no "minority in trouble".

So because she's been successful and making millions she has to shut up and say nothing. She is still putting her neck out there! She's still expressing herself. She doesn't have to!  She's been unfairly treated on a daily basis because she's a woman. But she still carries on her quest which is supporting minorities! 

But yes let's just say she's a wealthy woman that can sleep in fancy hotels so we will all feel better...  whatever guys. I give up!

Everyone speaks of intelligence and insulting one's intelligence, but then go and use their "intelligence" to hurl attacks on one another. Just have conversations without taking the easy way out and attacking others for their opinions. 

When they go low we get high :fag:

37 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Take a deep breath. It's going to be okay. Your intelligence and your reputation are intact, I promise. 

34 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

You know...the idiot fags in here who think they are smarter than Madonna is pathetic. NEWS FLASH: MADONNA IS FAR MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU. YOU BUNCH ARE A FUCKING JOKE.

russell-brand-intellectual.jpg

I love how you have to use the word faggot to get your point across. 

You lefties are SO accepting and Love Trumps Hate and blah fucking blah :lmao:

And I use the word fag all the time. I just have never EVER pretended to be PC or super duper not racist and accepting of all people and cultures. Which is basically the stupid shit you guys have been PRETENDING to be doing all election season, then someone pushes your buttons and you're like FAGGOT. :lmao:You can call me a weback, too, if you want. I give you permission if it lets you let out a little steam. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
10 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

So because she's been successful and making millions she has to shut up and say nothing.

I never said that! THAT'S NOT BEING A MINORITY! Except in the sense I noted earlier, the 1% richest people in the country.

Just now, CzarnaWisnia said:

what's a "weback"? some kind of a web?

It's what white people call Mexicans because a long time ago they used to swim across the Rio Grande, which divides Texas from Mexico and they were, naturally, soaking wet after their little journey. 

I've seen a huge resurgence in the word ever since the Trump Train gained some steam. 

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Marine seems like quite an experienced debater. She held up surprisingly well in two interviews by very critical journalists (BBC and CNN) earlier this year. Her father is a racist, anti-semite and Holocaust denier who got convicted multiple times on charges of assault. Marine Le Pen thrashed him and threw him out of the party after taking power. Of course we all know about the Madonna tour-video backdrop involving Marine Le Pen and the Nazi swastika, but can Marine Le Pen be pinned down on racist or antisemitic utterances? I haven't read up on her, so I don't know enough, maybe a French M-Nation member can help out?

In short, my point is that such a debate would by no means be a cakewalk for the big M.

3 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I never said that! THAT'S NOT BEING A MINORITY! Except in the sense I noted earlier, the 1% richest people in the country.

Yes she made money and she is obviously enjoying that lifestyle. Who wouldn't? But you can go beyond that. Anybody can. 

Her ideas, ideology, essence are always be a minority since day one. Yes she's wealthy. Yes she's not struggling economically.. but that's besides the point. Don't you think? She also took and still taking a lot of shit. She made silly records I give you that but she always had an eye or a view on what's going on in the world and stay true to her ideas. That's admirable in an industry in which you open your mouth and you're out. Its what she represents and stands for that is a minority. I wasn't shocked when she said because I got it straight away what she meant by that. That why I said don't insult our intelligence because I thought everybody understood what she meant.