Donald Trump elected U.S. president 🚽

Camacho

10 hours ago, Kim said:

So is there any reason, socio-political or otherwise, why nearly half of the electorate couldn't get off their fat lazy arses and VOTE?

Perhaps the blame, in part, should go to your beloved main stream media. I'm not speaking to Kim really but the others here who lived and died by these false poll results. Every newspaper, all networks told you he'll never win the primary.... he'll never get the nomination... he could never win Florida or any swing states and......

Hillary supporters got complacent thinking she's got this. 

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

Good, Because as @ULIZOS will confirm, I had this shit well sussed! Damn I knew I should have put that bet on!

Haha! Well then. 😀

All people had to do was look at the enthusiasm gap between the two camps. Did you see the rally pics? In middle America his rallies had 7,000 - 10,000 people there, not to mention the thousands outside unable to get in because the arenas were at capacity.

2 minutes ago, Love Spent said:

Haha! Well then. 😀

All people had to do was look at the enthusiasm gap between the two camps. Did you see the rally pics? In middle America his rally's had 7,000 - 10,000 people there, not to mention the thousands outside unable to get in because the arenas were at capacity.

Kellyanne, is that you?

NYU Muslim student prayer room vandalised as pro-Trump Islamophobia is on the rise

Muslim organisations are calling on the President-elect to repudiate the violent bigorty his campaign inspired

Muslim students at New York University were chilled to find pro-Trump graffiti scrawled across the door of their prayer room, adding yet another case to the sharp rise in reported hate crimes in the wake of the presidential election

The apparent vandal defaced the door with a simple “Trump!” at an NYU Muslim Student Association facility at the Tandon School of Engineering in downtown Brooklyn on the morning after Donald Trump’s shocking win over Hillary Clinton – whose campaign headquarters were nearby. 

Mr Trump ran his campaign on a number of promises that, if implemented, would have a dire impact on marginalised people, such as undocumented immigrants. But Mr Trump took special aim at Muslims, whom he said he would ban from entering the country altogether, breaking with one of the founding principles of the US: freedom of religion.

The President-elect’s message has appeared to resonate with his supports amid the wave of hate crimes and threats that have surfaced in the past 48 hours. 

“We awoke November 9th to a chilling wake-up call,” the NYU Muslim Students Association wrote on its Facebook page, accompanied by a photo of the vandalism, Wednesday morning. “And as we open our eyes and start to move and organise in the face of these new realities, we ask for your support.” 

The group added that they were now aware that even a college campus in the middle of a progressive enclave like Brooklyn was “not immune to bigotry that grips America”. 

One student told the New York Daily News that even though the vandalism did not include specific threats against Muslims, the message was clear. 

“It was really rough because it’s a place to pray, it’s a centre of the Muslim community there. It’s where all the Muslim kids go to be with other kids. They do their homework there,” vice president of the Muslim Student Association, Sana Maya, 21, said. “They didn’t have to say ‘go home Muslims’. They just needed to write ‘Trump’ on [the door] and they knew exactly what they were doing.”

The election of Mr Trump has created an atmosphere in which Muslim students feel unsafe at high schools and universities nationwide 

Campus police at San Diego State University said one student reported an incident of a strongarm robbery. Two men allegedly attacked the woman – who is a black Muslim dressed in full Islamic dress – stealing her purse, backpack, and car. It is being investigated as a hate crime. 

Multiple Muslim women have also shared incidents on social media where assailants allegedly pulled off their hijabs. One woman said she was berated by a white woman at a Wal-Mart, who told her hijabs are “not allowed anymore” after ripping it off her head. She then allegedly told the woman to hang herself with it. Wal-Mart has not confirmed the authenticity of this report. 

The Council for American-Islamic Relations has called on President-elect Trump to speak out against the stream of reported attacks, and the general vitriolic bigotry that emerged from his 18 months on the campaign trail. 

“If President-elect Trump truly wishes to be the leader of all Americans, he must begin unifying the nation by repudiating the type of bigotry generated by his campaign for the White House,” said Ibrahim Hooper, national communications director for CAIR. 

“Unless Mr Trump speaks out forcefully against hate attacks by his supporters, they will take his silence as tacit endorsement of their actions."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-hate-crime-nyu-vandalism-president-elect-a7412586.html

Guest Pud Whacker
13 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

NYU Muslim student prayer room vandalised as pro-Trump Islamophobia is on the rise

Muslim organisations are calling on the President-elect to repudiate the violent bigorty his campaign inspired

Muslim students at New York University were chilled to find pro-Trump graffiti scrawled across the door of their prayer room, adding yet another case to the sharp rise in reported hate crimes in the wake of the presidential election

The apparent vandal defaced the door with a simple “Trump!” at an NYU Muslim Student Association facility at the Tandon School of Engineering in downtown Brooklyn on the morning after Donald Trump’s shocking win over Hillary Clinton – whose campaign headquarters were nearby. 

Mr Trump ran his campaign on a number of promises that, if implemented, would have a dire impact on marginalised people, such as undocumented immigrants. But Mr Trump took special aim at Muslims, whom he said he would ban from entering the country altogether, breaking with one of the founding principles of the US: freedom of religion.

The President-elect’s message has appeared to resonate with his supports amid the wave of hate crimes and threats that have surfaced in the past 48 hours. 

“We awoke November 9th to a chilling wake-up call,” the NYU Muslim Students Association wrote on its Facebook page, accompanied by a photo of the vandalism, Wednesday morning. “And as we open our eyes and start to move and organise in the face of these new realities, we ask for your support.” 

The group added that they were now aware that even a college campus in the middle of a progressive enclave like Brooklyn was “not immune to bigotry that grips America”. 

One student told the New York Daily News that even though the vandalism did not include specific threats against Muslims, the message was clear. 

“It was really rough because it’s a place to pray, it’s a centre of the Muslim community there. It’s where all the Muslim kids go to be with other kids. They do their homework there,” vice president of the Muslim Student Association, Sana Maya, 21, said. “They didn’t have to say ‘go home Muslims’. They just needed to write ‘Trump’ on [the door] and they knew exactly what they were doing.”

The election of Mr Trump has created an atmosphere in which Muslim students feel unsafe at high schools and universities nationwide 

Campus police at San Diego State University said one student reported an incident of a strongarm robbery. Two men allegedly attacked the woman – who is a black Muslim dressed in full Islamic dress – stealing her purse, backpack, and car. It is being investigated as a hate crime. 

Multiple Muslim women have also shared incidents on social media where assailants allegedly pulled off their hijabs. One woman said she was berated by a white woman at a Wal-Mart, who told her hijabs are “not allowed anymore” after ripping it off her head. She then allegedly told the woman to hang herself with it. Wal-Mart has not confirmed the authenticity of this report. 

The Council for American-Islamic Relations has called on President-elect Trump to speak out against the stream of reported attacks, and the general vitriolic bigotry that emerged from his 18 months on the campaign trail. 

“If President-elect Trump truly wishes to be the leader of all Americans, he must begin unifying the nation by repudiating the type of bigotry generated by his campaign for the White House,” said Ibrahim Hooper, national communications director for CAIR. 

“Unless Mr Trump speaks out forcefully against hate attacks by his supporters, they will take his silence as tacit endorsement of their actions."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-muslim-hate-crime-nyu-vandalism-president-elect-a7412586.html

Translates: Extreme leftists from New Jersey decimate Muslim prayer room at NYU to prove that Trump supporters are disgusting.  

Whats the percentage of college students that voted for orangie again? And especially in NYC?!! 

and where are our missing extremists?

8 hours ago, roma said:

Have to be willing to look past the election banter and see if Trumps language was reflective of his real values or just an anything to win approach. Hopefully he can control the more radical elements and correct the lies exploited to gain power

The biggest hypocrisy of all. People say one thing and will do something else. It has already started. The Wall? Was never meant to be this way. Obamacare? We should really keep parts of it. Anti establishment? Have people seen the names rumored for his cabinet? Useless, crooked Hillary? I thank her for 30 years of great public service. At least there is one constant: most of the things he said were lies. Nothing but lies.

I have reached the point where I want, where I demand Trump to do all the things he has promised. This kind of complacency, this "it's not going to be that bad" attitude needs to stop. It sounds way too familiar. "It's not going to be that bad" is exactly what many Jews and Homosexuals said in the Third Reich. We all know how this ended or where they ended. I want to see people out there demonstrating. Catharsis is needed. There needs to be revolution. I'm afraid this will not be a peaceful one. But logic demands things need to be destroyed before things can be rebuild.

2 hours ago, XXL said:

Blaming Russia for the ignorant numb state in which most of the US population lies takes the cake. Asking how and why middle classes were crushed on purpose during the past 8 years or asking a few questions in regards to terrorism and who is benefitting from it the most is unpopular. Yet again more tenets of Mr Bzresinzky's doctrine. Obama was the mask of hope and change under which the same neocon policies of the Bush years on both domestic and international fronts were in fact being implemented.

It's always somebody else's fault but then there's no problem in invading, manipulating and destroying from within other sovreign nations under the false guise of "protecting the American people". How about holding your government accountable along every single step of the way?

Agree. Putin's Russia is a dangerous and influential place that played it's part. But denying Americans their share in the outcome is a dangerous proposition. 

9 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

He's jacked up in the left one and flaccid in the right one?

9 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

or in the left his thought bubble reads : "This Addidas is not quite musky enough."

and in the right, it reads : "This Addidas was just right. My foot fetish is building nicely."

Brilliant.  :dead:

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, Love Spent said:

Haha! Well then. 😀

All people had to do was look at the enthusiasm gap between the two camps. Did you see the rally pics? In middle America his rallies had 7,000 - 10,000 people there, not to mention the thousands outside unable to get in because the arenas were at capacity.

Nah, they were all Russian plants.

23 minutes ago, Nikki said:

if john bolton is gonna be in his cabinet as secretary of state.. :wacko:

...then it would thwart prospects of an isolationist / less interventionist USA. 

And "draining the swamp".......with banksters. I'll await the nominations before unloading...

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Bernie Sanders: Where the Democrats Go From Here

I am saddened, but not surprised, by the outcome. It is no shock to me that millions of people who voted for Mr. Trump did so because they are sick and tired of the economic, political and media status quo.

Working families watch as politicians get campaign financial support from billionaires and corporate interests — and then ignore the needs of ordinary Americans. Over the last 30 years, too many Americans were sold out by their corporate bosses. They work longer hours for lower wages as they see decent paying jobs go to China, Mexico or some other low-wage country. They are tired of having chief executives make 300 times what they do, while 52 percent of all new income goes to the top 1 percent. Many of their once beautiful rural towns have depopulated, their downtown stores are shuttered, and their kids are leaving home because there are no jobs — all while corporations suck the wealth out of their communities and stuff them into offshore accounts.

Working Americans can’t afford decent, quality child care for their children. They can’t send their kids to college, and they have nothing in the bank as they head into retirement. In many parts of the country they can’t find affordable housing, and they find the cost of health insurance much too high. Too many families exist in despair as drugs, alcohol and suicide cut life short for a growing number of people.

President-elect Trump is right: The American people want change. But what kind of change will he be offering them? Will he have the courage to stand up to the most powerful people in this country who are responsible for the economic pain that so many working families feel, or will he turn the anger of the majority against minorities, immigrants, the poor and the helpless?

Will he have the courage to stand up to Wall Street, work to break up the “too big to fail” financial institutions and demand that big banks invest in small businesses and create jobs in rural America and inner cities? Or, will he appoint another Wall Street banker to run the Treasury Department and continue business as usual? Will he, as he promised during the campaign, really take on the pharmaceutical industry and lower the price of prescription drugs?

I am deeply distressed to hear stories of Americans being intimidated and harassed in the wake of Mr. Trump’s victory, and I hear the cries of families who are living in fear of being torn apart. We have come too far as a country in combating discrimination. We are not going back. Rest assured, there is no compromise on racism, bigotry, xenophobia and sexism. We will fight it in all its forms, whenever and wherever it re-emerges.

I will keep an open mind to see what ideas Mr. Trump offers and when and how we can work together. Having lost the nationwide popular vote, however, he would do well to heed the views of progressives. If the president-elect is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families, I’m going to present some very real opportunities for him to earn my support.

Let’s rebuild our crumbling infrastructure and create millions of well-paying jobs. Let’s raise the minimum wage to a living wage, help students afford to go to college, provide paid family and medical leave and expand Social Security. Let’s reform an economic system that enables billionaires like Mr. Trump not to pay a nickel in federal income taxes. And most important, let’s end the ability of wealthy campaign contributors to buy elections.

In the coming days, I will also provide a series of reforms to reinvigorate the Democratic Party. I believe strongly that the party must break loose from its corporate establishment ties and, once again, become a grass-roots party of working people, the elderly and the poor. We must open the doors of the party to welcome in the idealism and energy of young people and all Americans who are fighting for economic, social, racial and environmental justice. We must have the courage to take on the greed and power of Wall Street, the drug companies, the insurance companies and the fossil fuel industry.

When my presidential campaign came to an end, I pledged to my supporters that the political revolution would continue. And now, more than ever, that must happen. We are the wealthiest nation in the history of the world. When we stand together and don’t let demagogues divide us up by race, gender or national origin, there is nothing we cannot accomplish. We must go forward, not backward.

46.6 % abstention and these are not the final numbers. I'm not for obligatory voting because abstention is a signal from the public that they are either not interested or disgusted by politics. Some chose to blame non voters, i chose to blame the candidates for putting people off them. Under a 60% participation an election should be cancelled because there's no legitimacy for the winner. And if you read the Mashable article it's not a first, turnouts weren't better for Obama, Bush and Clinton 2nd mandate. But most of all why making people vote on a busy day ? Can't they vote on sundays ?

17 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

It is about that also, but the number of votes for the Rep. party has been stable for the last few elections, while the number of votes for the Dem. party has gone down significantly. All the data before Clinton was chosen to run showed how she was the worst of the candidates and would fail to win against any of the Rep. party's candidates, yet they still chose her instead of Sanders, who was much more popular according to the data.

Because peeps have hardened their hearts! Just look at the amount of peeeps here who are still talking about the "left elite" and all the insults and conspiracy theories about Obama and Hillary Clinton?! 

Those are the peeps who are basically say Trump is better than Hillary! No point in putting down a presidential candidate like that unless you want them to lose!  Basically the hate for Hillary won in this election and some people here are responsible for that I'm afraid.

Hillary was not the popular choice in this election according to a lot of people here but she WON the popular vote! How can that make sense? 

As I always said and even Madonna agreed this wasn't about proving Hillary to be this perfect woman. This was about stopping someone like Donald Trump to become the president of the most powerful nation in the world! 

The media didn't help either. Everyday we would read how Trump would never in a year win this election. It was exactly the same scenario with Brexit. No one thought they would win. So people weren't too worried about it. You guys remember all the bad press Trump would get after a tv debate? Apparently all the polls were in favour to Clinton. Apparently she won all the televised electoral debates. Trump came across as a buffon. Everybody thought they had this one. People were completely misled. It was all strategic so that the Rep supporters would have their day when it truly mattered. Exactly same thing as it happened with Brexit! Trump/ Brexit didn't win fair and square. There was never a clear indication of how popular they were actually to the general public. That's why their victory is still a shock to the average person. But saying that I believe the average person is tired of politics altogether and they simply don't care... so they let dangerous far right ideas sweep across the nation without a care simply because no one in their right mind would think we still have to deal with those horrors amongst humans in 2016!  I'm just saying wake up! This world is going backwards! The hate mentality is real.. 

Guest CzarnaWisnia

yeah, she won the popular vote by a landslide... A true feat, the DNC can be proud and pat each other on the back because they have no responsibility in the destruction of ordinary Americans' lives for the last 8 years. Oh sorry, that's a conspiracy too. Everything is fine except the Trump supporters: bad, bad people!

11 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

46.6 % abstention and these are not the final numbers. I'm not for obligatory voting because abstention is a signal from the public that they are either not interested or disgusted by politics. Some chose to blame non voters, i chose to blame the candidates for putting people off them. Under a 60% participation an election should be cancelled because there's no legitimacy for the winner. And if you read the Mashable article it's not a first, turnouts weren't better for Obama, Bush and Clinton 2nd mandate. But most of all why making people vote on a busy day ? Can't they vote on sundays ?

The fact alone that the elections always take place on the second Tuesday in November shows how deeply outdated and discriminating is. Some may call it tradition. I don't. Let's have a look why we have this particular date: in November the harvest is done and people in rural areas are able to leave their farms or whatever. It's a Tuesday because on Sunday people are supposed to go to church. On Monday they start to travel to the polling stations which they will arrive on Tuesday. Why the second Tuesday? Because the 1st of November (which could be a Tuesday) is All Saints Day. You see, all of this is based in good ol Christian traditions which are stuck in time and ignore the realities and necessities of the present.

16 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

yeah, she won the popular vote by a landslide... A true feat, the DNC can be proud and pat each other on the back because they have no responsibility in the destruction of ordinary Americans' lives for the last 8 years. Oh sorry, that's a conspiracy too. Everything is fine except the Trump supporters: bad, bad people!

I think most of the American people need a huge dose or reality. Because they have absolutely no idea how politics work and what politics is supposed to do. People in America are schizophrenic when it comes to politics. They always want the government to keep out of their lives. They always defend the idea that everyone should take care of themselves. Yet when something goes wrong they blame it on the government for keeping out. People need to learn you can't have it both ways.

37 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I think most of the American people need a huge dose or reality. Because they have absolutely no idea how politics work and what politics is supposed to do. People in America are schizophrenic when it comes to politics. They always want the government to keep out of their lives. They always defend the idea that everyone should take care of themselves. Yet when something goes wrong they blame it on the government for keeping out. People need to learn you can't have it both ways.

Very true. It's the blame mentality.. when something is good then it's all thanks to me and my abilities when it's bad oh yes it's their fault! 

33 minutes ago, Kim said:

Russia have said this result has averted a WWIII started by Crooked Hillary. Should we be relieved?

I don't trust the Russians. They're plotting something.. I can feel it. All they wanted  is free reign to do what they want in Eastern Europe and Syria/Middle East. The Hillary administration wouldn't have let them! Now they think they found an ally in the Donald! Yes the Donald will let them run free and once Russia has finished their job in Europe and Middle East the US will want their piece. You watch! 

People going on about the US left dem having to intervene or meddling in Middle East policies are missing the major point. They want the US out of it but to what end? So that Russia will take their place? Seriously, Russia? Honest peeps you think Sirya will be better off with Putin and the Assad regime? I beg you to think again. 

Besides, if Russia cared so much about the Syrians why haven't  they taken its refugees? Haven't they been bombing Syria for how long now? I'm sick of people here saying America has started all this Middle East problems, etc... those countries are run by crooked, backward rulers!  They have always had divisions and instability. US shouldn't be blamed for that! It's exactly that mentality that gave votes to Mr billionaire Trump! 

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

It scares me just how much support the Le Pens get. Also interesting how all these right wing fascists look alike.

Oh how I wanted to see that televised debate between her and Madonna. Madonna would have exposed Le Pens for her bigot, backwards, racist, fascist and nazist views. It would have been a treat to watch for all the people believing in freedom and human rights. 

Is that idea or proposition completely scrapped?