Donald Trump elected U.S. president 🚽

Camacho

Guest Pud Whacker
56 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

thanks for posting, very nice summary. Too bad the general media can't take the time to do it when it matters most, or simply they don't know the facts or care about history.

Nobody cares. 

23 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Clinton supporters should be SO proud. She's .1% more popular than the worst candidate in the history of the U.S. :lmao:

Lol Um...yeah. He's basically Hitler 2.0/ remastered to most people now so...yeah she got her ass handed to her legitimately :/ 

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

So is there any reason, socio-political or otherwise, why nearly half of the electorate couldn't get off their fat lazy arses and VOTE?

It is mind boggling.  People that did not vote have no right to complain about decisions made in the next 4 yours.  I like the fact that Australia has compulsory voting.  We get fined it we don't vote. 

19 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

It is mind boggling.  People that did not vote have no right to complain about decisions made in the next 4 yours.  I like the fact that Australia has compulsory voting.  We get fined it we don't vote. 

Really? I didn't know that. How much is the fine?

Guest Pud Whacker
3 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Really? I didn't know that. How much is the fine?

20 dollar penalty. 

If the non voters can't complain. What about the non Americans?

Just now, Pud Whacker said:

20 dollar penalty. 

Oh that's not much but I'm sure if they can't be bothered to vote they can't be bothered to pay it. Unless it comes directly out of a tax refund or something.

4 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Well that's what you think but not what the initial data showed.

And what about these datas :

Clinton : 16,847,084 / Sanders :   13,168,222.

2 minutes ago, Moka said:

Data is already plural. You don't need to add the "s"

:lol:

Guest CzarnaWisnia
5 minutes ago, Moka said:

The Democratic party members votes for the candidate, not the general population.

10 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

We are all global citizens of this world are we not? :america:

Anyway, I switched to postal voting a few years back. So much easier than lining up with the plebs...

Guest CzarnaWisnia

And Democratic P. leaders close to Clinton sabotaged Sanders' candidacy:

Top officials at the Democratic National Committee criticized and mocked Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont during the primary campaign, even though the organization publicly insisted that it was neutral in the race, according to committee emails made public on Friday by WikiLeaks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us/politics/dnc-emails-sanders-clinton.html?_r=0

3 hours ago, Sloane said:

Oh he's getting inaugerated, my dear, don't you worry about that.

How do you feel about yourself for condoning a candidate that's going to negatively impact so many LGBT lives on this forum?

Trump fills the swamp with more lobbyists

He’s surrounding himself with Wall Street and D.C. insiders.

1*UGJmZFiVHbx6YGOFKFCU8Q.jpeg

In the final weeks of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, he pledged to “drain the swamp” in Washington, D.C. by, among other things, introducing tough new restrictions on lobbying.

“I am proposing a package of ethics reforms to make our government honest once again,” Trump said during the October 17 appearance in Green Bay, Wisconsin where he first used the “drain the swamp” line.

It appears Trump is already backtracking on that pledge. Politico reports that “lobbyists are all over” Trump’s transition team. Those lobbyists include Cindy Hayden of tobacco company Altria; Michael Torrey, owner of a lobbying firm representing the American Beverage Association; Steve Hart, chairman of the Williams & Jensen firm; and Michael McKenna, who lobbies on behalf of Dow Chemical.

Trump’s reliance on insiders goes beyond lobbyists. His financial advisory team is full of veteran Wall Streeters such as former Goldman Sachs banker Steven Mnuchin, the Wall Street Journal reports. Both Mnuchin and former JPMorgan chief Jamie Dimon are reportedly in the mix to be Trump’s Treasury Secretary.

“I don’t want special interests”

Trump railed against “special interests” and lobbyists throughout his campaign. In the summer of 2015, he told Face the Nation’s John Dickerson, “I don’t want lobbyists, I don’t want special interests.”

“I don’t want any strings attached,” Trump said. “I turned down $5 million last week from a very important lobbyist, because there are total strings attached to a thing like that.”

During a major policy speech in June, Trump pledged that “if I am elected President, I will end the special interest monopoly in Washington, D.C.” And last month, spokeswoman Hope Hicks bragged to the Wall Street Journalabout how registered lobbyists weren’t raising money for Trump.

“We have specifically not recruited lobbyists to raise money, as Mr. Trump has always said he would not be beholden to special interests that control Washington, D.C., and our failed politicians,” said Hicks. “This is a movement about the people, and it will continue to be if he is elected president.”

Trump’s affiliation with lobbyists, Wall Street insiders, and well-connected D.C. veterans draws into question whether Trump will follow through on Hicks’ pledge. But in a New York Times report, former Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS) — now owner of a lobbying firm whose clients have included the Kremlin — offers an interpretation of how Trump’s “drain the swamp” campaign message is consistent with what he’s up to now.

“Trump has pledged to change things in Washington — about draining the swamp,” said Lott, who has been working for Trump in Florida. “He is going to need some people to help guide him through the swamp — how do you get in and how you get out? We are prepared to help do that.”

3 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

And Democratic P. leaders close to Clinton sabotaged Sanders' candidacy:

Top officials at the Democratic National Committee criticized and mocked Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont during the primary campaign, even though the organization publicly insisted that it was neutral in the race, according to committee emails made public on Friday by WikiLeaks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us/politics/dnc-emails-sanders-clinton.html?_r=0

The people vote - and as their disdain for him during the primaries was not public, it had no impact.

Bernie and his campaign did not want to engage with identity politics - though minorities and those who support them make up the majority of the democratic coalition. If you don't talk to Black people, Latino people, Asian people, Women - and address their issues in your campaign, you don't get votes. If you don't campaign in entire sections of the country (like the Southeast), you don't get votes. And he didn't do those things, and he lost the race. The predilections of the DNC have no impact when their public statements are consistently that they are neutral. 

3 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

How do you feel about yourself for condoning a candidate that's going to negatively impact so many LGBT lives on this forum?

I'll tell you when or if it happens.