Donald Trump elected U.S. president 🚽

Camacho

6 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I have read the post again together with your post that tumbleweedt replied to. And indeed, I misread something. I read the following part " Talking about Europe, personally, I don't see other options" combined with the above mentioned part of de-islamization etc., ignoring the part in between, I jumped to a false conclusion that these ideas might indeed represent tumbleweedts position. Obviously not. Therefore I sincerely apologize to @tumbleweedt for making a statement that was offensive on a deeply personal level. I hope my explanation and apology solves the issue.

Thank you for taking the time to do this and thank you for your genuine apology. I deeply appreciate this. Now I'm off to work, which is: teaching immigrants to learn my mother tongue! Wishing everyone a great (working) day. :smooch:

I've been reading this topic for the last few months with great interest especially over the last few days to see what everyones take on the result was.

Obviously i don't live in the usa so these thoughts are from a foreigner prospective.

When the election result showed that Trump would win everyone in my office stopped working and was obsessed with the result amd were gluded to our computers or tv watching cnn..shocked by the results..staring in disbelief that a man with no political experience (only being a business man and reality tv star wtf!) would be the president. Everyone was worried about the economy and another financial crisis. People were also shocked by the fact that a country would elect such a horrible man whos treatment of women (abuse and sexual harassment) is deplorable and whos stance on minorities and immigrants is disgusting.

I am more shocked that people from a minority group ( i am jewish and gay so i know what its like to be hated) who has faced horrible discrimination and violence would vote for a party that is obviously against your way of life and want to remove all the equal rights you have worked so long and hard for. Especially as the vice president is so against gay marriage and believes that it is a choice to be gay. This could really affect your life and if you dont think you will be affected you sould of at least cared about others whos lives which could be adversely affected by any reduction of gay rights.

I was in hawaii in September and was at a gay bar and casually asked who everyone would vote for and was shocked with the reply that it was Trump. When i mentioned gay rights and that the Republican party may take these away especially as the vice president seems so against them and their rights to marry etc they said they wouldnt be affected and that he would make america great again. I gave up trying to reason with them...later on i spoke to a couple who were not white and they werw horrified that Trump may get in and prayed that he wouldnt.

I know not all trump supporters and voters are racists, misogynists or bigots however the great majority seem to be you only need to see their attacks on people voicing their concerns on social media or the few who are showing their hate to minorities to see that this could start a great divde in the USA. 

I am worried that now that they have power in both houses and soon supreme court judge the radical policies that they speak about may get through notably any religious ones aimed against abortion and gay rights. Religion and politics do not mix and this will send the usa backwards not forwards. We do not want to see a 1950s style way of life again where racism is rampant and people feel frightened to live and be in their own country. We are all equal amd have the right to be treated as every other person on this planet. Not one group or people or race or religion is better than the other.

I hope that none of these things happen and its all what ifs...we wont know until they are in power and i hope that its not all doom and gloom as we fear.

Sorry if i have offended by letting you know an outsiders perspective.

5 hours ago, spazz said:

Hilary supporters burning flags of their own country 

Beating old man cause he voted Trump

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2156907/us-riot-teenagers-beat-donald-trump-voter/

is it democracy for expressing their civil rights?

No one condones physical violence. That said I'm not surprised to find such a story in The Sun who is basically in bed with all the right wing politicians of the world and is right wing is it gets. Shows their hypocrisy because they themselves incite violence the way they report on things and how they manipulate their readers. They are divisive in the worst way possible. The false and hate  stories they have written over the years is unbelievable. I wonder where are the reports in the Sun about the incidents that are pouring in in large numbers about the attacks from white trash against blacks and muslim people since Trump was elected. They take Trumps victory as a permission to attack, harass and discriminate other people. This CNN reporter was damn right when she said it was the angry white supremacy vote that pushed Trump over the victory line.

And burning the flag is a symbolic act to protest the politics of the country. It is not punished by law. It has a very long tradition that is part of the civil rights movement in the U.S. Considering that the American flag also stands for the unity of the nation, burning it makes perfect sense considering the most divisive candidate ever won the election. It can be argued that in a metaphorical sense Trump and his supporters burned the flag long before.

People who have sympathised or are sympathising with Trump so that "evil, murderous, treacherous, Middle East and Egypt-destroyer and crooked" Hillary Clinton won't be president are missing the point but as usual with these things it's way too early to have an intelligent debate. Dumb people will always laugh it all off! 

Lets wait for the times when minorities rights will be challenged by the Trump administration. Let's not forget the Hillary hating people who voted for Trump don't give two shits about gay rights or African American or Hispanic or Muslim rights! America is now at the hands of a conservative White supremacy and trust me it is no laughing matter. 

This is a president who doesn't even believe climate change is an issue. This is a president who wants to put more money on national defence ( army)!  He thinks every Muslim is a terrorist because they "don't report each other"(!). He will take away from women the rights for abortion ( so called Pro life conservative groups have tried that for decades now and Trump will give it to them). His closest representive ( the Vice President) believes being gay is a choice. Won't be surprised to see a Russia style take on homosexuals. 

And last but not least Trump never responded well to criticisms. I can bet all the gold in the world that he's not happy about all these protests taking place in the US. He with his new administration will find way to stop giving rights to people for protest or speak their mind about the head of state. It will be another Putin- style "democracy". Mark my words. I find alarming a lot of influential and powerful people who mocked Trump during the election are now starting to lick his arse! 

People, this is no laughing matter. Hate won. Do you stand by hate? Do you stand by discrimination? Do you think hate and discrimination will make America great again?! Think again before you write. This is not just about Trump. This is also about a society that is losing its essential quest for acceptance and respect towards all humans. Which side are you on?

Please, discuss. 

3 minutes ago, Barbie said:

whew! these next 4 years are going to be a MESS :rotfl:

Yes let's celebrate the model of women we had 50 years ago. Yes she can barely put two words together and now she can go back doing "women" things! How atrocious! I'm appalled and some of you think it's great! Wake the fuck up!

# Not My Presisent 

# Not My First Lady 

6 minutes ago, Hector said:

Thanks Trump 

I wonder what Spazz and the other Trump supporters here have to say about this. It's disgusting. This is Brexit all over again. Humanity has just lost their humanity. 

Protest.

Protest.

Protest against Trump and what he represents! 

11 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I wonder what Spazz and the other Trump supporters here have to say about this. It's disgusting. This is Brexit all over again. Humanity has just lost their humanity. 

Protest.

Protest.

Sadly this kind of behavior will get worse and more prevalent once he's sworn in. The many dumb bigots in this country who voted for him feel now validated and emboldened to spew their hate shamelessly. We will clap back hard! :americanlife:

38 minutes ago, Hector said:

Sadly this kind of behavior will get worse and more prevalent once he's sworn in. The many dumb bigots in this country who voted for him feel now validated and emboldened to spew their hate shamelessly. We will clap back hard! :americanlife:

And be prepared for the announcement of his cabinet. Hello Sarah Palin, Steve Bannon,  Steven Mnuchin (from Goldman Sachs), Newt Gingrich....and let's not forget that Pence among other terrible things thinks gays can be "cured" with shock therapy.

7 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Me too. :( Wanna give her hugs and have a higher voice tell her it'll happen. No doubt there will be a woman president but I knew in my gut Hillary wasn't the one. Most likely will be Elizabeth Warren. She's got the X factor that Hillary never had. After (maybe)  4 years of Trump, Warren will prob. destroy ANY Republican. More importantly, hope this 104 year old women somehow gets 'why' Hillary didnt win 

America will NEVER have female president. White straight men will ALWAYS prevent.

1 hour ago, Hector said:

Exactly. Now they think they have the right to say and do any bullshit they want, :(

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

I wonder when Trump & co will attack Iran? Its in the cards..

the plan is to stop the iran deal they had. john bolton is with him. he said they shouldve invaded iran years ago

(and if you think iraq was bad, this will be 10x worse if it happens)

Guest CzarnaWisnia

oh my, that Melania is true comedy material. She'll be great comic relief to this mess. And as for the kids chanting: they're kids and idiots. Kids say anything to get a reaction.

1 hour ago, Hector said:

I have already noticed that the right wing commentators in Australian media are gloating and crowing about this.  Talking about People power and anti-elites.  The part that is so annoying though is that people actually think Trump is "anti-establishment"  when he is a major part of it.   A millionaire who has a history of not paying workers properly - hardly a man that is the champion of the working class. 

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Protest.

Protest.

I'm against bullying and violence 

yet again Hilary is not a peace maker. 

There is a graphic picture on social media of trumps supporters attacked a gay man smeared in blood I'm not gonna post it.

both sides need to calm the fuck down to avoid more chaos and possibly a civil war.

The danger here is that the same thing as happened with Brexit plays out here. A week or two of "shock" and then everyone just getting in line and following the right-wing rhetoric being shoved down their throats like that's the way it was all along. Dangerous times.

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

The danger here is that the same thing as happened with Brexit plays out here. A week or two of "shock" and then everyone just getting in line and following the right-wing rhetoric being shoved down their throats like that's the way it was all along. Dangerous times.

But I don't see what else we can do other than carry on. Brexit went through democratically and so did the US election.

If Hillary had got in and Brexit had not gone through, there would be none of the social media stomping of feet saying it's unfair.

I think this is a very timely piece about 'generation snowflake'

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/generation-snowflake-how-we-train-our-kids-to-be-censorious-cry-babies/

15 minutes ago, spazz said:

I'm against bullying and violence 

yet again Hilary is not a peace maker. 

There is a graphic picture on social media of trumps supporters attacked a gay man smeared in blood I'm not gonna post it.

both sides need to calm the fuck down to avoid more chaos and possibly a civil war.

No my dear! The side that needs to calm down is the Trumps side. 

Anti Trump demonstration keep protesting! Let the whole world know we don't need and want people like Trump. We want to move forward.. NOT going back! Say no to discrimination. Say yes to equality! 

Protest!

Protest!

Protest against Trump and the mentality he represents. 

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

Exactly. We need to be more vocal about that.The west is going through dangerous times indeed. We can't just stand here and see the world going down because some people want to solve problems by going back establishing a patriarchal/ white supremacist  mentality once again! 

25 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

I have already noticed that the right wing commentators in Australian media are gloating and crowing about this.  Talking about People power and anti-elites.  The part that is so annoying though is that people actually think Trump is "anti-establishment"  when he is a major part of it.   A millionaire who has a history of not paying workers properly - hardly a man that is the champion of the working class. 

Very true indeed. People said they wanted to get rid of the elite by voting Trump! So they voted a multimillionaire to be the most powerful person on earth.  They're idiots! 

Syrian refugee comment on Trump official page 

2A9D14F2-FB85-45DA-982F-FE48B222C022.jpe

not all Trump supporters are lunatics, if Obama/Hilary had strong actions against Daech inhumanity, Trump wouldn't won the elections but they were apathetic.

50 minutes ago, runa said:

1297853-graffiti-haineux-representant-cr

classy

And  to think some peeps here think it's funny or still go on about Hillary... Wake up, peeps. This is not about Hillary or the Democratic Party. As it happened with Brexit this is about the state of a nation which is becoming alarmingly full of hate and ignorance! I beg each one of you to be vocal about it! To go out there and express themselves and fight for equality and rights for everybody not just for the rich white straight male population!