Donald Trump elected U.S. president 🚽

Camacho

16 minutes ago, spazz said:

Syrian refugee comment on Trump official page 

2A9D14F2-FB85-45DA-982F-FE48B222C022.jpe

not all Trump supporters are lunatics, if Obama/Hilary had strong actions against Daech inhumanity, Trump wouldn't won the elections but they were apathetic.

Let's wait and see what the Trump is going to do with the Syrian situation.. according to him he would have bombed the ISIS leaving no trace behind it. And oh yeah who gives the fuck millions of innocent Syrians will be bombed in the process, too? According to some of Trumps supporters that would actually be a good thing anyway so it would stop them from coming to the west!  Trust me Trump and his friend Putin will make things much worse for the average Syrians. Assad a good president? Only if you believe in tyranny!

Wake up, Spazz! Go listen to Borrowed Time. Hate has never been a good thing! 

15 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

But I don't see what else we can do other than carry on. Brexit went through democratically and so did the US election.

If Hillary had got in and Brexit had not gone through, there would be none of the social media stomping of feet saying it's unfair.

I think this is a very timely piece about 'generation snowflake'

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/generation-snowflake-how-we-train-our-kids-to-be-censorious-cry-babies/

I know, but there has been a concerted effort to silence anyone who still challenges the outcome, compounded by the hysterical right-wing led media.

As for generation snowflake, and the entitled millennial cunts of twitter and facebook etc. I've always said the self-identified 'left' have spent so much time looking for shit to be offended by, that when something REAL comes along, like Brexit, like this abominable presidential campaign....they've cried wolf so many times, that no-one actually listens anymore. Well boo hoo!

That's different to decent, right-minded people like myself (:angel:) having real opinions though!

3 hours ago, spazz said:

I'm against bullying and violence 

yet again Hilary is not a peace maker. 

There is a graphic picture on social media of trumps supporters attacked a gay man smeared in blood I'm not gonna post it.

both sides need to calm the fuck down to avoid more chaos and possibly a civil war.

Well said!

no one has mentioned the group of people beating up a Trump supporter in Chicago, stealing his car, then dragging him on the road.

All filmed with glee while a crowd of bystanders cheer. The victims crime? Voting.

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/11/10/man-in-chicago-beaten-by-group-screaming-at-him-for-voting-trump-n2243997

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

I know, but there has been a concerted effort to silence anyone who still challenges the outcome, compounded by the hysterical right-wing led media.

As for generation snowflake, and the entitled millennial cunts of twitter and facebook etc. I've always said the self-identified 'left' have spent so much time looking for shit to be offended by, that when something REAL comes along, like Brexit, like this abominable presidential campaign....they've cried wolf so many times, that no-one actually listens anymore. Well boo hoo!

That's different to decent, right-minded people like myself (:angel:) having real opinions though!

Kim, you couldn't put it any better. There was this victimisation mentality where everybody would cry racism or homophobia, etc.. at every turn and that was wrong on so many levels and that needed to change. But you don't put out a fire by starting a new fire if you know what I mean... 

Yes, too many people have bleated about non-issues and the whole "cry wolf" scenario has played out unfortunately.  People are tired of being told off for nothing. .   When you have people campaigning for petty things such as saying "Happy Holidays"  instead of "Merry Christmas" it creates a distrust of protest.  Then when things come around that are truly dangerous to society,  apathy and annoyance has set in.  People should have been worrying about things such as million dollar big business sending jobs off-shore to save money,  true abhorrent  violent racism, and the fact that it is near impossible for young people to afford a house.  Just some examples that have been happening. 

15 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Kim, you couldn't put it any better. There was this victimisation mentality where everybody would cry racism or homophobia, etc.. at every turn and that was wrong on so many levels and that needed to change. But you don't put out a fire by starting a new fire if you know what I mean... 

5 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Yes, too many people have bleated about non-issues and the whole "cry wolf" scenario has played out unfortunately.  People are tired of being told off for nothing. .   When you have people campaigning for petty things such as saying "Happy Holidays"  instead of "Merry Christmas" it creates a distrust of protest.  Then when things come around that are truly dangerous to society,  apathy and annoyance has set in.  People should have been worrying about things such as million dollar big business sending jobs off-shore to save money,  true abhorrent  violent racism, and the fact that it is near impossible for young people to afford a house.  Just some examples that have been happening. 

:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

I agree with you but most of it was pure inventions by the right winged media. The fact they wanted to take away Christmas or abolish the selling of meat unless it was halal or radicalise white, Christian kids into being Muslims.. how much of that is true? It was all a ploy to make the white average man uncomfortable with immigration policies and immigrants in general. I am a Christian and I never for a second thought my religion was being taken away from me. 

I have talked with so many people who are always denouncing immigrants because they took away jobs or houses or education or health care from the "more deserving, white" nationals. But where's the actual evidence of that? 

And all these people attacking Muslims for trying to change our western, Christian culture.. What's the Christian culture in the end? That we love one another like God loved us? That we even have to love our enemies? That's the same culture who welcomed immigration and equality laws in the first place; who made it well possible for people to live in peace together regardless of their differences!

Trump and the mentality that goes with him is not representing the Christian western values. Far from it! They're actually anti Christianity. 

At first i found what @spazz said off putting not because i wasn't agreeing with him but because of the way he said things. I couldn't support Hillary because of the way she dealt with the whole libyan and syrian mess. When i interviewed migrants here last month they all wanted to go back to their country but didn't know how and when. Migrating is always heartbreaking even for economical reasons but when it's due to war it's different, you are really forced to. Some people are saying "stay and fight" but it's hard when you have children to protect and when you don't know who to fight with. They are stuck between a rock and hard place. And they come to a place they are not wanted. They all were against Hillary though they were not supporting Trump either. When you witness first hand the consequences of bad foreign policy or lack of it's very hard to support someone who is directly responsible for it. That said Trump is terrifying. Not only him but the people he will run the country with. In fact both are bad for foreign policy. Can you imagine Sarah Palin as Secretary of State ? Now they are saying that the Goldman Sachs banker will be in charge of Treasury. How is that for not being in the establishment ? If this comes to happen it will go against what Trump promised during his campaign (going after Wall Street) and it's gonna be exactly like what happened with Brexit (promises made to the workers and the lower class dring the campaign  they took back right after the win) and it could be the last straw for democracy. People voted for Trump because they don't trust politicians anymore. When i was living in Queen's during Hillary's campaign for Senate i was appalled by all the bumper stickers i saw daily against her. I discovered then she wasn't liked so i wasn't surprised she couldn't get some dems votes.

Maybe it's time to reflect about the electoral process, bipartism, non direct election, and how much money is involved in a presidential campaign making it non democratic in the end. Only if you have money you can run and that excludes a lot of voices outside of the Republican and Democratic parties. 

It may also be time to reflect on american interventionism in the world. It did some good and as a french citizen i know it first hand but it caused a huge mess in the middle east. It was nothing but neo colonialism in the name of oil. 

Trump and Putin honeymoon won't last due to their respective characters, they won't compromise, each wanting to have the most power. 

Thing is politicians always play a game. De Villepin when he was prime minister and went to the UN to say France would not back an intervention in Iraq had already ties with Saudi Arabia. 

Oil and money fucked up not only the environment but countries also, gave power to dangerous petromonarchies backed by foreign governments. It gave birth to Isis and all these terrorist groups. Democracy is not perfect but it still is the best system there is ( Churchill) but sometimes forcing democracy in places that are not prepared for it and asking for it, for personal gain (access & control of oil) is a form of dictatorship. Diplomacy is not forcing your beliefs on foreign countries but finding a common ground to discuss and co-exist. 

The huge economical crisis we are still going through created anger and resentment and since the culprits are hidden people go after their neighbours, people who have against people who have not and most of all people who have lost a lot against people they think were protected from the effects of the crisis. They need a scapegoat. They need somebody to pay for it. Sadly if that Goldman Sachs guy is in charge of Treasury they would have given power to one of the culprits of their demiss. Just like the brits did with the Brexit. Today it's Hillary's supporters who are mad but if Trump does not go through with his promises and goes against them it could cause a huge political crisis in the US because americans don't like being lied to in their face. What is at stakes is too important and we can only hope that everything will turn out for the best. 

6 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

At first i found what @spazz said off putting not because i wasn't agreeing with him but because of the way he said things. I couldn't support Hillary because of the way she dealt with the whole libyan and syrian mess. When i interviewed migrants here last month they all wanted to go back to their country but didn't know how and when. Migrating is always heartbreaking even for economical reasons but when it's due to war it's different, you are really forced to. Some people are saying "stay and fight" but it's hard when you have children to protect and when you don't know who to fight with. They are stuck between a rock and hard place. And they come to a place they are not wanted. They all were against Hillary though they were not supporting Trump either. When you witness first hand the consequences of bad foreign policy or lack of it's very hard to support someone who is directly responsible for it. That said Trump is terrifying. Not only him but the people he will run the country with. In fact both are bad for foreign policy. Can you imagine Sarah Palin as Secretary of State ? Now they are saying that the Goldman Sachs banker will be in charge of Treasury. How is that for not being in the establishment ? If this comes to happen it will go against what Trump promised during his campaign (going after Wall Street) and it's gonna be exactly like what happened with Brexit (promises made to the workers and the lower class dring the campaign  they took back right after the win) and it could be the last straw for democracy. People voted for Trump because they don't trust politicians anymore. When i was living in Queen's during Hillary's campaign for Senate i was appalled by all the bumper stickers i saw daily against her. I discovered then she wasn't liked so i wasn't surprised she couldn't get some dems votes.

Maybe it's time to reflect about the electoral process, bipartism, non direct election, and how much money is involved in a presidential campaign making it non democratic in the end. Only if you have money you can run and that excludes a lot of voices outside of the Republican and Democratic parties. 

It may also be time to reflect on american interventionism in the world. It did some good and as a french citizen i know it first hand but it caused a huge mess in the middle east. It was nothing but neo colonialism in the name of oil. 

Trump and Putin honeymoon won't last due to their respective characters, they won't compromise, each wanting to have the most power. 

Thing is politicians always play a game. De Villepin when he was prime minister and went to the UN to say France would not back an intervention in Iraq had already ties with Saudi Arabia. 

Oil and money fucked up not only the environment but countries also, gave power to dangerous petromonarchies backed by foreign governments. It gave birth to Isis and all these terrorist groups. Democracy is not perfect but that still the best system there is said Churchill but sometimes forcing democracy in places that are not prepared for it and asking for personal gain (access & control of oil) is a form of dictatorship. Diplomacy is not forcing your beliefs on foreign countries but finding a common ground to discuss and co-exist. 

The huge economical crisis we are still going through created anger and resentment and since the culprits are hidden people go after their neighbours, people who have against people who have not and most of all people who have lost a lot against people they think were protected from the effects of the crisis. They need a scapegoat. They need somebody to pay for it. Sadly if that Goldman Sachs guy is in charge of Treasury they would have given power to one of the culprits of their demiss. Just like the brits did with the Brexit. Today it's Hillary's supporters who are mad but if Trump does not go through with his promises and goes against the it could cause a huge political crisis in the US because americans don't like being lied to in their face.what is at stakes is too important and we can only hope that everything will turn out for the best. 

I agree with what you're saying Roland but judging from what has happened in the U.K. with Brexit people who voted for Trump for some positive change will probably be disappointed and move on with their life; Another presidential candidate who lied after all. What's new?

But what about the peeps who voted for him for his radical ideas? The people who now think the KKK has won or anti immigrants ideas have won?  Those are the people we need to watch out for! If White Supremacy is now in place in the US and that's the sentiment amongst its citizens.. what has that achieved? And more importantly what is that going to bring not just in terms of political policies but on a social level as well? 

I don't support Hillary but this does not mean I support Trump. But Hillary is never a peace maker. And I can't imagine how she and her team has bought the media. 

And according to her past speeches we can see that she'd be a big danger for the middle east. Her latest ideas were crazy; supporting the Kurdish groups in North Syria-North Iraq-Southeast Turkey. That's insane. 

about a Free Kurdistan state, let me say something; I have got lots of Kurdish friends. They never want this Kurdistan state. Because it's gonna give birth to a neo-fascist, racist movement in the area. They'll have to leave west Turkey. In the media the world may see that the Kurds live in southeast Turkey-North Syria-North Iraq; but that's not true; Kurds are every where. I'm from Antalya (Southern Turkey) and  I have a few Kurdish neighbors :)

Especially in the west&south coast of Turkey, they are the boss of markets.:)

And about Daech/Isis; They have been just a poor sick mind group but became a big problem and how come all these countries (USA, Turkey, Russia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, France, Germany) couldn't stop them so far?.. Isn't the radical islam our nightmare?.. 

I think they all have supported Daech undercover. And I think Daech is just a little pawn in this game; just look at the picture carefully; kurdish forces go to the villages that are invaded by Daech, and Daech runs away!.. without fighting back!.. And the kurds puts a kurdistan flag :)

"America will bring the democracy to your land"

This American democracy never suits in the middle east. 

I wish you visited Syria... You'd be surprised when u walked by in Damascus or Aleppo streets; there are the mosques, churches,... Virgin Mary statues in the streets... and in Aleppo, people celebrate Christmas in a mosque and celebrate the muslim eids in the churches; all together. This is the tolerance; "democracy" :)

but now some crazy kids are trying to separete them. 

Look at Egypt!.. you can see an easy picture; just watch an Om Kalthoum concert on youtube; see the Egyptian people. How classy they all looked back then... Somehow, today Egypt became a weird islamic country. 

And look at Turkey; the leftover of a big empire... Turkey was like the trial version of "something". After the fall of Ottoman empire, a new state Turkish Republic was born. As the people of a former empire; there was the muslims, christians, jews... It was like a land in the song "Imagine" :)  
(and please check how the jewish scientists were welcomed in Turkey back in the Nazi times) but somehow all these labels were had to be separated back in the 20s&30s (and in 50s). Some muslims were kicked off Greece to Turkey and some Christians were kicked off Turkey to Greece. Suddenly, Turkey became a muslim majority country. And For 15 years (Since the day Erdogan came with the help of some undercover forces) islamic labes have been separated :/ 

And at least Trump is the frank face of some extreme ideas.

+edit+ and i think these riots in the USA -getting more and more crowded- may be forced by Hillary&her team.

now we shouldnt be surprised if we see more bullied LGBT, black people, latinos....

1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

I agree with what you're saying Roland but judging from what has happened in the U.K. with Brexit people who voted for Trump for some positive change will probably be disappointed and move on with their life; Another presidential candidate who lied after all. What's new?

But what about the peeps who voted for him for his radical ideas? The people who now think the KKK has won or anti immigrants ideas have won?  Those are the people we need to watch out for! If White Supremacy is now in place in the US and that's the sentiment amongst its citizens.. what has that achieved? And more importantly what is that going to bring not just in terms of political policies but on a social level as well? 

People are galvanized by the win. It may have open the Pandora box but soon when all the lies Trump made will appear, these people will turn their hate against him. He won't save coalminers because nobody use coal anymore for example and that's one of his promises. Most of what is in his program is not possible because it goes against the constitution and federal laws, it could mean lawsuits after lawsuits from targeted groups. He already decided to impose a blackout on press https://apnews.com/22b62277e34b47008a760c660084968a . Secrecy creates suspicion. A really bad move. 

I'm scared by the reactions from his supporters but i want to trust americans to in the end chose unity instead of civil war. 

1 hour ago, LoveBoxx said:

Okay then. Let's talk to the KKK or the average homophobe and see what they have to say... I agree we need more debates and discussions and we shouldn't necessarily accuse peeps of being racist, etc.. I totally share that sentiment. 

BUT people also need to understand that the hate mentality doesn't need discussions or debates. It totally needs to be eradicated! 

"I talked to you but you punched me in the face! What do you want to talk about now?" That's what I said when I tried to reason with an EDL member after the police intervened! 

Discussion is key for intelligent people; some of these Trump supporters unfortunately are not. That is what people are missing. Just because not everybody is a racist or a homophobe or a sexist or patriarchal pig that doesn't mean people like that don't exist!  Trust me these people haven't disappeared when all the laws in the world are against them what makes you think they would invite you over and discuss ideas over a cup of a tea? If you're black KKK members and their sympathisers hate you! Simple as.

4 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

People who have sympathised or are sympathising with Trump so that "evil, murderous, treacherous, Middle East and Egypt-destroyer and crooked" Hillary Clinton won't be president are missing the point but as usual with these things it's way too early to have an intelligent debate. Dumb people will always laugh it all off! 

Lets wait for the times when minorities rights will be challenged by the Trump administration. Let's not forget the Hillary hating people who voted for Trump don't give two shits about gay rights or African American or Hispanic or Muslim rights! America is now at the hands of a conservative White supremacy and trust me it is no laughing matter. 

200_s.gif

This is a president who doesn't even believe climate change is an issue. This is a president who wants to put more money on national defence ( army)!  He thinks every Muslim is a terrorist because they "don't report each other"(!). He will take away from women the rights for abortion ( so called Pro life conservative groups have tried that for decades now and Trump will give it to them). His closest representive ( the Vice President) believes being gay is a choice. Won't be surprised to see a Russia style take on homosexuals. 

1225.gif

And last but not least Trump never responded well to criticisms. I can bet all the gold in the world that he's not happy about all these protests taking place in the US. He with his new administration will find way to stop giving rights to people for protest or speak their mind about the head of state. It will be another Putin- style "democracy". Mark my words. I find alarming a lot of influential and powerful people who mocked Trump during the election are now starting to lick his arse! 

Jon-Stewart-Seriously-Reaction-Gif_408x4

People, this is no laughing matter. Hate won. Do you stand by hate? Do you stand by discrimination? Do you think hate and discrimination will make America great again?! Think again before you write. This is not just about Trump. This is also about a society that is losing its essential quest for acceptance and respect towards all humans. Which side are you on?

Please, discuss. 

Wow.

You grossly overestimate the power of the President. Unlike other democracies, America has very strong checks and balances that would prevent him from accomplish what you described.

tumblr_inline_ne3eip27Ox1rf99ua.gif

You need a Xanax. The world is not ending.

Doomsday doomsday 

yes we will go through a dark time but it is up to the American people to fight we still have rights

trump wants to be liked he wants high approval ratings he will go against his campaign promises 

2 minutes ago, mnino said:

Wow.

You grossly overestimate the power of the President. Unlike other democracies, America has very strong checks and balances that would prevent him from accomplish what you described.

Then you're in for a surprise.

Trump is NOT the one to be scared of, it's the evil people behind him that will get to control everything, esp Mike Pence.

The republicans will now control the house, the senate and the supreme court very soon and they can do whatever they want, LITERALLY.  The GOP hasn't had this much power since...I don't even know when.

Something WILL happen to LGBT rights within the next 4 years. Just wait for it. 

4 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Doomsday doomsday 

yes we will go through a dark time but it is up to the American people to fight we still have rights

trump wants to be liked he wants high approval ratings he will go against his campaign promises 

You, Sir, have your eyes open. 

The irony of all this is that in a few years from now, America will remember the Obama years as the time when America was great : economic wealth, open mindedness, equality, tolerance and peacefulness.

12 minutes ago, loowee said:

Then you're in for a surprise.

Trump is NOT the one to be scared of, it's the evil people behind him that will get to control everything, esp Mike Pence.

The republicans will now control the house, the senate and the supreme court very soon and they can do whatever they want, LITERALLY.  The GOP hasn't had this much power since...I don't even know when.

Something WILL happen to LGBT rights within the next 4 years. Just wait for it. 

I very aware that Trump will try to decimate Obama's legacy and progressive advancements. But will that make America a Russian-style democracy? No. Is America suddenly under the control of white supremacists? Hell, no! That's hysteria.

Things will change and it may be harder for the LGBT community to advance some of its agenda. If he does a bad job, he'll be out in 4 years and probably will help the Repubs lose the Senate (they are not losing the House anytime soon). 

The presidential electorate is in favor of Dems. They lost this time because of arrogance. They will not lose next time. Well, unless Trump does a great job.

All of this overreaction is just energizing his supporters. 

1 minute ago, mnino said:

I very aware that Trump will try to decimate Obama's legacy and progressive advancements. But will that make America a Russian-style democracy? No. Is America suddenly under the control of white supremacists? Hell, no! That's hysteria.

Things will change and it may be harder for the LGBT community to advance some of its agenda. If he does a bad job, he'll be out in 4 years and probably will help the Repubs lose the Senate (they are not losing the House anytime soon). 

The presidential electorate is in favor of Dems. They lost this time because of arrogance. They will not lose next time. Well, unless Trump does a great job...

Agreed

5 minutes ago, mnino said:

The presidential electorate is in favor of Dems. They lost this time because of arrogance. They will not lose next time. Well, unless Trump does a great job.

All of this overreaction is just energizing his supporters. 

Dubya was elected in 2000, went on vacation for weeks at a time and ignored the CIA memo about potential upcoming terror attacks. The U.S. suffered the worst attack on our nation in his first year in office with more Americans killed on our soil than any other time. His party made gains in the House and Senate in 2002 and he was re-elected in 2004.

Learn your history. Desperate men do anything to remain in power.

25 minutes ago, Nightshade said:

Dubya was elected in 2000, went on vacation for weeks at a time and ignored the CIA memo about potential upcoming terror attacks. The U.S. suffered the worst attack on our nation in his first year in office with more Americans killed on our soil than any other time. His party made gains in the House and Senate in 2002 and he was re-elected in 2004.

Learn your history. Desperate men do anything to remain in power.

He's going to do everything possible to stay in power. Including using manipulation. Look, he already started: