Banning selfies in museums

jaron

Can't museums just ban them? Do they really need a law for them to put up a sign at the door that says "NO SELFIES, ASSHOLES" and then have their security guards tell asshole guests "HEY, YOU! WE SAID NO SELFIES!" 

8 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Can't museums just ban them? Do they really need a law for them to put up a sign at the door that says "NO SELFIES, ASSHOLES" and then have their security guards tell asshole guests "HEY, YOU! WE SAID NO SELFIES!" 

how many people is Louvre going to need to avoid them?? 500 workers?

19 hours ago, promise to try said:

how many people is Louvre going to need to avoid them?? 500 workers?

In Mexico some museums don't allow pictures. Period. They tell you at the entrance when you hand them your ticket. And whenever someone steps out of line a security guard just walks up to them and says STOP IT. 

Usually people follow rules when they feel pressured to do so. It's a psychological thing.

There are some people who uses Facebook as in the first meaning;

my cousine for example; she has millions of photos but only her FACE!.. 

Feed my ego with the selfie stick

On 11/10/2016 at 2:15 AM, ULIZOS said:

In Mexico some museums don't allow pictures. Period. They tell you at the entrance when you hand them your ticket. And whenever someone steps out of line a security guard just walks up to them and says STOP IT. 

Usually people follow rules when they feel pressured to do so. It's a psychological thing.

in louvre you can't take pictures of monalisa...but people do.I've seen them doing it even when the security people were there,they couldn' t control it

in the louvre it was allowed to take pictures but not with flash (everywhere). Unless they changed it now for the Mona Lisa, ridiculous like the Nofrete in Berlin) And people don't respect that which is why i just would put a big fine on people taking pictures of art. It destroys the art in the long term (unless you have an anti UV-coding on it). And trust me on every picture taken with flash you clearly do see it, so could be easy to proof.

BTW didn't Beyonce take a picture with the Mona Lisa lately, so I guess it is still allowed.

well anyways flash should *ALWAYS* be banned - and there are often people who ignore it - and then claim - they did too - which isn't true. I was once called out as one moron took  a photo with flash and accused me of doing the same, so he would yell at me and he could sneak out. I have an SLR for god's sake - and it is pretty obvious i didn't when there is a glass in front of the painting (MORONS)