MadonnaNation.com Forums
MadFan

Brazilian woman pretends to have died

...so she can experience her own funeral.

A woman has fulfilled an astonishing 14-year dream of holding her own funeral - while still alive.

Vera Lucia da Silva, 44, arranged to carry out her bizarre wish to lie in a coffin all day while family and friends pretended she was dead.

And she said it was 'the best day of her life'.

Read more here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3902580/Woman-pretends-died-spends-day-lying-coffin-experience-funeral.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline#ixzz4OyU1CJIg

3A09264800000578-3902580-image-a-3_14781

3A09266900000578-3902580-image-a-2_14781

3A09265400000578-3902580-image-m-6_14781

:lmao:

I think it's very sweet of her family and friends to laugh and support her throughout that. My friends would be like ugh, your dream is dumb, and I'd just have to get over it :(

She sounds bat crazy and it is weird and kind of offensive in a way although I don't think it was her intention to offend.  However, what a selfish self obsessed woman.  

12 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

She sounds bat crazy and it is weird and kind of offensive in a way although I don't think it was her intention to offend.  However, what a selfish self obsessed woman.  

Everyone is laughing and having a good time. She had a really, really bizarre dream. What's offensive about it? 

16 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

+11111

Because that's so reflective of what it would be like in reality...everyone laughing around your corpse :wacko:

Moron.

4 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Everyone is laughing and having a good time. She had a really, really bizarre dream. What's offensive about it? 

I find it disgusting to be honest.  Death and grief is something that is real and horrible.  That this stupid woman thinks it is funny to sit in a coffin and have people pretend she is dead while feeding her through a straw and have them laughing and posing mocks the true pain that people go through when they are grieving or have to go to a funeral.  I think she is a selfish attention seeker who is a bit sick in the head.  If a friend asked me to come to a fake funeral while they layed in a coffin,  I would find it offensive. 

1 minute ago, jazzyjan said:

I find it disgusting to be honest.  Death and grief is something that is real and horrible.  That this stupid woman thinks it is funny to sit in a coffin and have people pretend she is dead while feeding her through a straw and have them laughing and posing mocks the true pain that people go through when they are grieving or have to go to a funeral.  I think she is a selfish attention seeker who is a bit sick in the head.  If a friend asked me to come to a fake funeral while they layed in a coffin,  I would find it offensive. 

Well, in Mexico and in other latin american cultures we laugh at and celebrate death. 

12 minutes ago, San said:

+11111

Because that's so reflective of what it would be like in reality...everyone laughing around your corpse :wacko:

Moron.

Exactly. 

14 minutes ago, San said:

+11111

Moron.

Shut the fuck up.

The lady is batshit crazy but you stupid white people being OFFENDED by everything is getting so fucking tired 

On 06/11/2016 at 10:15 AM, ULIZOS said:

Well, in Mexico and in other latin american cultures we laugh at and celebrate death. 

Don't you think though that there is a difference in celebrating death to pretending to be dead and having a funeral ?  I have seen festive type of funerals but having a mock one seems obscene. 

2 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

The lady is batshit crazy but you stupid white people being OFFENDED by everything is getting so fucking tired 

I don't get offended that often actually but being called a stupid white person is racist and offensive.  San and I are entitled to our own opinions and you had no right to tell her to shut the fuck up.  

2 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

I don't get offended that often actually but being called a stupid white person is racist and offensive.  San and I are entitled to our own opinions and you had no right to tell her to shut the fuck up.  

But she has the right to call me a moron? Waaa cry me a fucking river.

Just now, ULIZOS said:

But she has the right to call me a moron? Waaa cry me a fucking river.

She was calling the woman that faked her death a moron.  She was replying to my post not yours and it was obvious she was talking about the woman with the fake funeral.  

It probably depends on cultures, but to me, a funeral is not funny!

Though career funerals can be very funny.

1478388713-lol.jpg

30 minutes ago, Moka said:

It probably depends on cultures, but to me, a funeral is not funny!

Though career funerals can be very funny.

1478388713-lol.jpg

2 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

She was calling the woman that faked her death a moron.  She was replying to my post not yours and it was obvious she was talking about the woman with the fake funeral.  

The funny thing is I can't even see those other posts because they don't appear in my feed. 

20 hours ago, MadFan said:

3A09266900000578-3902580-image-a-2_14781

tumblr_m3uvn7s81P1rtkcfno1_400.gif

Why are you so rude, Uli ?? It's not necessary, really.

3 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

She wasn't calling YOU a moron and you owe them an apology.

Guest bluejean
21 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Agree jazzy. What shite.

Guest bluejean
2 hours ago, San said:

The funny thing is I can't even see those other posts because they don't appear in my feed. 

Out of control 

i'm sorry I called you stupid white people 

On 11/5/2016 at 0:37 AM, jazzyjan said:

Exactly.