2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

29 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Agreed. I was really trying to give these people the benefit of the doubt but it's obvious that it's hopeless.

Literally everything they've posted have been conspiracy theories that have long since been debunked and they've been unable to cite even one legitimate source for their ideas. It's pretty sad that this is the state of this country and it's no wonder that the only demographic Trump is leading in is non-college educated whites. Just gonna put these clowns on ignore from now on.

When was globalization debunked? What news sources do you read? Something is a conspiracy theory because CNN says so?

24 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

@ULIZOS I am concerned. Watching the results live... :/

I work at a newspaper and we're covering it live. My boss is almost having a heart attack, I keep reminding her that red states are currently being updated while results for blue states are barely coming in. 

Florida is FREAKING ME OUT IT'S SO CLOSE AND IT KEEPS GOING BOTH WAYS 

I'm going to light a candle to la virgen de guadalupe 

45 minutes ago, tumbleweedt said:

For Europe, building walls seems to be working, for example in Hungary and Bulgaria and Ceuta/Morocco.  I can't speak for the US situation.

Oh yes, it works perfectly fine for Hungary. A country that has basically a fascist government. A country that wants to reinstate death penalty. A country that does not respect the freedom of press. I could go on. I could go on about Poland with a government that basically wants to get rid of its constitutional court so they can take away certain rights from its citizens. Both countries by far the biggest recipients of EU subsidies. Billions and billions of Euros each year. If those countries suddenly disrespect many of the things that the EU is build on then I get mad. I tell you would I would do if the Hungarian government indeed reinstates the death penalty, I would kick them out of the EU. Plain and simple. Lots of money saved.

2 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

My comments were not directed to anyone in particular @tumbleweedt, just adding my experience to the discussion, that's all. And letting go off the steam of stuff I have been hearing all through the day that just pisses me off. All cool now though, I´l have a drink and go back to mmy normal, apolitical self.

Of course! Me and many of my compatriots found the constant election talk wearying. I can't imagine how taxing the past months must have been in the USA!

Shiate Hillary is an awful candidate if it's THIS competitive against someone/thing like this plus she spent like 2 billion dollars Lol That said, she'l prob get FL even if by a hair and win the damn thing. 

Just now, tumbleweedt said:

Of course! Me and many of my compatriots found the constant election talk wearying. I can't imagine how taxing the past months must have been in the USA!

Almost 2 years in total. That's too long in my opinion.

Guest Pud Whacker
3 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I work at a newspaper and we're covering it live. My boss is almost having a heart attack, I keep reminding her that red states are currently being updated while results for blue states are barely coming in. 

Oh yeah, that will work Raul. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Oh yes, it works perfectly fine for Hungary. A country that has basically a fascist government. A country that wants to reinstate death penalty. A country that does not respect the freedom of press. I could go on. I could go on about Poland with a government that basically wants to get rid of its constitutional court so they can take away certain rights from its citizens. Both countries by far the biggest recipients of EU subsidies. Billions and billions of Euros each year. If those countries suddenly disrespect many of the things that the EU is build on then I get mad. I tell you would I would do if the Hungarian government indeed reinstates the death penalty, I would kick them out of the EU. Plain and simple. Lots of money saved.

Hungary is the only country upholding European agreements regarding borders and immigration. Through a wall. That's all I said. 

5 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Thanks Ulizos - freaked out too by how it keeps on going both ways. 72% in now (Florida).... oh dear

5 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

Raul better leave Sloane alone. She's a libra. 

Haha I enjoy mixing it up with Ulizos. He's so grumpy.

6 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Shiate Hillary is an awful candidate if it's THIS competitive against someone/thing like this plus she spent like 2 billion dollars Lol That said, she'l prob get FL even if by a hair and win the damn thing. 

Are you kidding? She's doing better than Obama in a lot of counties.

41 minutes ago, tumbleweedt said:

Yes, that's a statement, not proof. Since Ellsberg and Snowden, I'm weary of taking these entities for their word. Assange said Russia was not the source of the Wikileaks publications.

The fact that you bring Snowden and Assange into the same context says a lot. You do believe Assange anything in regards to Russia? Seriously? This man has become an attention whore over the years. And why would he confirm that Russia is behind the leaks. That's like a reporter disclosing his sources.

Oh and sorry, that many people in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe, are not really fond of Russia. You know, many of those countries actually have made some bad experience with Russia/Former Soviet Union in the last 70 years.

2 minutes ago, Dannylex said:

Comparing the US, Mexico border with Israel and Pajama, what a mess. Do many ignorant people here.

Yeah, THAT'S why some people vote for Trump :lmao: "A wall works in the tiny country of Israel that's surrounded by people who want them to burn and die, that should work in the U.S., too" 

5 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:
The fact that you bring Snowden and Assange into the same context says a lot. I to believe Assange anything in regards to Russia? Seriously? This man has become an attention whore over the years. And why would he confirm that Russia is behind the leaks. That's like a reporter disclosing his sources.

Oh and sorry, that many people in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe, are not really fond of Russia. You know, many of those countries actually have made some bad experience with Russia/Former Soviet Union in the last 70 years.

Well, what does it say? I didn't say I believed ANYONE, not US Intel, not Assange, not Russia. My point is that it may be wise to postpone judgement regarding the SOURCE of the leak. I have missed CONTENT in all the election talk. From BOTH sides.

Regarding Europe, I said many WESTERN European establishment governments were demonizing Russia. Since I'm from one of those countries, I feel more comfortable talking about them. 

10 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The most frustrating thing with those results is that you can clearly see all those rural and uneducated people are really voting Trump. Even in deep red states the major cities are all blue.

"...the uneducated people..."  :megamanson:  I guess you're not big on bigotry either.