2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

4 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

@Sloane Don't take this the wrong way, I just mean it out of curiosity. What are your main sources of news and information?

MY OWN 2 EYES AND LIFE EXPERIENCES. My bullshit meter is strong.

9 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Oh I forgot the most important thing! GLOBALISM. I really do believe the Left wants to erase American borders for a North American Union, similar to Europeon Union. They never bothered to ask, we never voted on such a thing, but insist they're pro America. The goal of a an eventual one world government is terrifying. Once it's done, any revolution will be impossible. Conform or be destroyed. I absolutely do believe there are powers trying to achieve this. Republicans too, they're in on it. But not Trump. There's a reason the usual suspects are shitting their pants about him getting in.

National sovereignty and democracy are strongly linked. Globalization and centralization are weakening the position of people and strengthening the power of unaccountable corporations. I'm very curious to see what will happen to the outrageous  TPP treaty under the new President, whoever it may be.

BACK TO THE EXIT POLLS

WikiLeaks: Hillary Clinton Is Privately Against Gays & Gay Marriage

WikiLeaks released thousands of emails that show Hillary Clinton’s true views about Americans. In an email titled “Re: one chain on DOMA (Defense Of Marriage Act)” from 2015  we see that Hillary Clinton’s stance on Gay Marriage hasn’t changed since 2004.

In 2004, Hillary Clinton spoke against gay people and gay marriage. Clinton declared that “Marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman.”

In the leaked email Clinton staffers are stuck working around Clinton’s disapproval of gays. They try to tip-toe around the issue without offending the Clintons.

“I think everyone agrees we shouldn’t restate her argument. Question is whether she’s going to agree to explicitly disavow it. And I doubt it.”

“I’m not saying double down or ever say it again. I’m just saying that she’s not going to want to say she was wrong about that, given she and her husband believe it and have repeated it many times. Better to reiterate evolution, opposition to DOMA when court considered it, and forward looking stance. “

http://regated.com/2016/10/hillary-clinton-gay-marriage/

Sloane, truer tea has not been sipped in this forum.

You should have been in Australia when Julia fucking Gillard ( sorry Jazzy and San, I know you liked her, but toddles ) was Prime minister. She would always pull this feminist shit, and when somebody would question any of her decisions she would literally cry in parliment and call out misogyny. Every fucking time. She pulled that same shit as Hilary " oh you have a vagina, vote for me ladies". She even voted down gay marriage, but as soon as she was booted out, all of a sudden it is " I'm all for gay marriage, I made the wrong decision". Blah, blah, blah. Like Hilary, always chasing the popular vote at the time, not what they honestly believe is the right vote.

At least Trump voters know that they are white trash rascists. Hilary voters have no idea who they are or what they stand for. There only motivation is anti-trump. 

Having lady gaga as your opening act pretty much sums up Hilary Clinton and her little monsters... 

14 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Hillary is threatening an all out war with Russia over Syria. She is the same woman that not long ago named Putin the "new Hitler". I wonder how these two will sit at the same table and resolve their differences over the Middle East without increasing the tensions that are already insanely high.

No, she never said anything about a "New Hitler", and never talked about war with Russia. She said that what Putin and Russia did in Ukraine was similar to what Hitler and Germany did in the run-up to World War II. And that's a fact.

I just can't believe that in America, after decades of Cold War with Russia and after the Crimea annexion by Russia and after the russian hackings to influence the US election, I can't believe that some americans are naive enough to blame Hillary for showing strength toward Russia. Yeah she's the bad girl and Putin is such a nice guy and Russia is the USA's best friend right, let's make peace and destroy Nato and let's stop helping the historical US allies in Europe. Putin will no doubt be overwhelmed by so much love and friendship and stop all his own wars and schemes and assassinations (journalists and european leaders). Give me a break.

16 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Open borders? are you people fucking stupid! Hillary has consistently voted for aggressive immigration policies including that stupid fence act that accomplished NOTHING. 

60 - 70% of illegals in the U.S. are visa overstays. How the fuck does Trump's plan tackle that problem and how the fuck does a massive wall fix that? 

Disarming people? Anyone can buy a fucking gun in the U.S.!!! 

God, I hate people. 

For Europe, building walls seems to be working, for example in Hungary and Bulgaria and Ceuta/Morocco.  I can't speak for the US situation.

4 minutes ago, Love Spent said:

WikiLeaks released thousands of emails that show Hillary Clinton’s true views about Americans. In an email titled “Re: one chain on DOMA (Defense Of Marriage Act)” from 2015  we see that Hillary Clinton’s stance on Gay Marriage hasn’t changed since 2004.

In 2004, Hillary Clinton spoke against gay people and gay marriage. Clinton declared that “Marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman.”

In the leaked email Clinton staffers are stuck working around Clinton’s disapproval of gays. They try to tip-toe around the issue without offending the Clintons.

“I think everyone agrees we shouldn’t restate her argument. Question is whether she’s going to agree to explicitly disavow it. And I doubt it.”

“I’m not saying double down or ever say it again. I’m just saying that she’s not going to want to say she was wrong about that, given she and her husband believe it and have repeated it many times. Better to reiterate evolution, opposition to DOMA when court considered it, and forward looking stance. “

I don't want this buried.

You guys comparing the U.S.-Mexico border to the Israeli-Palestinian border just goes to show how fucking stupid you are. 

Yes, I said it, you're fucking stupid. 

Let me get back to reporting the news and I'll be back here to celebrate Clinton's victory in a short while, not because I like her, I loathe her, but just to spite you assholes.

1 hour ago, Moka said:

No, she never said anything about a "New Hitler", and never talked about war with Russia. She said that what Putin and Russia did in Ukraine was similar to what Hitler and Germany did in the run-up to World War II. And that's a fact.

I just can't believe that in America, after decades of Cold War with Russia and after the Crimea annexion by Russia and after the russian hackings to influence the US election, I can't believe that some americans are naive enough to blame Hillary for showing strength toward Russia. Yeah she's the bad girl and Putin is such a nice guy and Russia is the USA's best friend right, let's make peace and destroy Nato and let's stop helping the historical US allies in Europe. Putin will no doubt be overwhelmed by so much love and friendship and stop all his own wars and schemes and assassinations (journalists and european leaders). Give me a break.

Russians hacking US election.... Is there any proof? I'm sceptic. HRC and ALL establishment politicians in Western Europe are demonizing Russia. We should be joining with Russia in stabilizing the world, including the Middle East. NOT do a repeat of breeding another Al Qaida by funding non existent "moderates" in Syria. Not sure if Trump would not also fall into that trap, but HRC already took that road, not by accident, or force majeure, but by choice - while receiving money from Qatar and Saudi Arabia who she knew are funding Islamic State.

Polling Station In Azusa, CA On Lockdown After Shooting; 1 Dead, 3 Injured

At least 1 person is dead and 3 people are injured after a gunman opened fire at a polling station in Azusa, California, a northern suburb of Los Angeles.  Two nearby polling stations have been placed on lockdown.  Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Scroggin said police were dealing with at least one suspect who was heavily armed.

The shooting was first reported around 2pm local time (5pm eastern), and there are reports it may have involved a police officer, and that the suspect is still at large.

7 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Agreed. I was really trying to give these people the benefit of the doubt but it's obvious that it's hopeless.

Literally everything they've posted have been conspiracy theories that have long since been debunked and they've been unable to cite even one legitimate source for their ideas. It's pretty sad that this is the state of this country and it's no wonder that the only demographic Trump is leading in is non-college educated whites. Just gonna put these clowns on ignore from now on.

18 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

You guys comparing the U.S.-Mexico border to the Israeli-Palestinian border just goes to show how fucking stupid you are. 

Let me get back to reporting the news and I'll be back here to celebrate Clinton's victory in a short while, not because I like her, I loathe her, but just to spite you assholes.

You keep talking in plural? And what's with all the name calling. I don't do that to you, do I ?

7 minutes ago, tumbleweedt said:

Yes, that's a statement, not proof. Since Ellsberg and Snowden, I'm weary of taking these entities for their word. Assamese said Russia was not the source of the Wikileaks publications.

Believe Assange and Russia over the US intelligence services all you want.

Anyway, Florida is starting to look good for Clinton. 49-47.

Pfff... I have lived in the border my whole life: Nogales, Tijuana, now Tucson.... People at the border know each other, have family ties, visit regularly.... It's Mexico City and Washington who magnify shit and conspiracy theories. And on that note, whoever wins won't make a damn difference tbqh. The powers that be are not moving the strings of our lives, I hate that myopic vision of the institutional layers of the world as if individual agency was nonexistent. The sun rises tomorrow y'all. Life goes on, fence or not, broken crystal ceiling or not. 

Just my 2 cents. I had avoided this thread, but I guess now it's a good time to share the view of someone who has lived in the border all his life.

BTW I'm Trump's biggest fear: a middle class educated white Mexican. Boo! haha

39 minutes ago, Love Spent said:

Hilar is a closeted dyke & Huma Abdeen is her mistress.

lede_150701_huma_abedin_hillary_clinton_

8 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

Pfff... I have lived in the border my whole life: Nogales, Tijuana, now Tucson.... People at the border know each other, have family ties, visit regularly.... It's Mexico City and Washington who magnify shit and conspiracy theories. And on that note, whoever wins won't make a damn difference tbqh. The powers that be are not moving the strings of our lives, I hate that myopic vision of the institutional layers of the world as if individual agency was nonexistent. The sun rises tomorrow y'all. Life goes on, fence or not, broken crystal ceiling or not. 

Just my 2 cents. I had avoided this thread, but I guess now it's a good time to share the view of someone who has lived in the border all his life.

BTW I'm Trump's biggest fear: a middle class educated white Mexican. Boo! haha

I can only speak for (parts of) Europe. I do not pretend to know enough about the US-Mexico border to say anything about it. Islamization through European borders is something that I have concerns about, because I see it negatively impacting the society I live in. I guess that aspect is not that important a factor on the US-Mexico border.

3 minutes ago, tumbleweedt said:

I can only speak for (parts of) Europe. I do not pretend to know enough about the US-Mexico border to say anything about it. 

My comments were not directed to anyone in particular @tumbleweedt, just adding my experience to the discussion, that's all. And letting go off the steam of stuff I have been hearing all through the day that just pisses me off. All cool now though, I´l have a drink and go back to mmy normal, apolitical self.