2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

1 hour ago, mnino said:

On a more serious note, this vote is sooooo American. 

Americans in general cannot tolerate being told what to do. The polls and pundits were so sure that she would win. The media lost its credibility by giving overblown attention to every accusation towards the Orange One and not doing the same with Hillary. For a while, it just felt like there was not way he could win. 

This is Brexit².

P.S.: Foreigners, if you want your candidate to win in America you need to vocally support their opponent in every way you can. America loves to act like a rebellious 16 year old. 

Youre-not-the-boss-of-me-GIF.gif

67297-Amy-Poehler-dont-tell-me-what-TdZL

What a bratty attitude to take though.  Are people so stupid that they go against values they stand for to support someone just because they think it is rebellious. When people saw and heard Trump at rallies and all the putrid garbage that poured out of his mouth, not to mention having no clear policies, do they just think because people call him out for it, they must support him.  That line of thinking is pretty absurd. 

This hypocrisy cannot be topped. I know it's meant to bring the nation together and to heal the wounds but after all the evil things and lies he said about Clinton to discredit the work she has done, he now thanks her for her 30 years of public service and hard work. And even now reading from the teleprompter. He is a remote controlled puppet.

1 minute ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And the USA have lost.

Not just the USA - this will have repercussions across the world, thinking a lot in Europe for instance.

Congrats ignorant childish America for voting with your stinky cornhole.

13 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

At least he ain't a sore loser like Hilary, who cant even show her face to her dedicated voters and concede defeat graciously. She really has shown her true colours now.

I know 6 year old children who act more mature then Hilary. 

Sorry i said the above not ROLA. 

Just now, pjcowley said:

Not just the USA - this will have repercussions across the world, thinking a lot in Europe for instance.

Congrats ignorant childish America for voting with your stinky cornhole.

Many many years ago, when the first Iraq war started, I was demonstrating in front of the American consulate together with thousands of other people to express my disgust. I guess I can be found demonstrating when Trump comes for a state visit.

23 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

To all of you Bernie Bros who now come out of the woodwork, shame on you. All this talk about how Bernie would have won. First, you don't know that. There is no proof. Second, your comments sound more like you are angry because the candidate you have voted for did not win and you can't deal with it. That's why your are projecting this inability to deal with it back on the candidate and pretend the other candidate would have won and you knew it from the start. This is not just about YOU. You are simply selfish. But if it makes you feel better.

tumblr_inline_nzvokzCj6N1ra43cw_500.gif

Waking up in Germany... seriously citizens of the US??

We were taught to look up to the US, the country that brought us freedom and democracy. This is all too ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Lolo said:

Waking up in Germany... seriously citizens of the US??

We were taught to look up to the US, the country that brought us freedom and democracy. This is all too ridiculous.

Well, this is the way Americans tend to see history because they won WWII (together with France, Great Britain and the Soviet Union). Fact remains Germany was a democracy before the Third Reich and people were free. The concept was not brought to Germany by the U.S.A.

And if it comes to learning, the U.S. should learn from Germany what it means to have a functioning universal heatlhcare. Since 1881.

3 hours ago, ryan said:

i hope he fucking dies

and his vp too

3 hours ago, Barney said:

Surely he'll get shot!

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

he's gonna get shot and it'll give even more problems.

With the strong emotions he triggers, I was also thinking about that happening. He would need all the Secret Service protection available. It would be awful if it happened. Much better for all to change the balance in midterm elections 2018. But first, let's wait until every last vote is counted.

QUESTION: Is there a possibility of a 2000 Bush-Gore scenario? 

1 minute ago, tumbleweedt said:

With the strong emotions he triggers, I was also thinking about that happening. He would need all the Secret Service protection available. It would be awful if it happened. Much better for all to change the balance in midterm elections 2018. But first, let's wait until every last vote is counted.

QUESTION: Is there a possibility of a 2000 Bush-Gore scenario? 

No the possibility is not there. I have not seen any state where the number of votes is super close. Therefore no re-count will take place. In addition to that she has conceded already.

No the possibility is not there. I have not seen any state where the number of votes is super close. Therefore no re-count will take place. In addition to that she has conceded already.

My apologies. Am reading this thread, didn't know she conceded yet.

Well, this is the way Americans tend to see history because they won WWII (together with France, Great Britain and the Soviet Union). Fact remains Germany was a democracy before the Third Reich and people were free. The concept was not brought to Germany by the U.S.A.

And if it comes to learning, the U.S. should learn from Germany what it means to have a functioning universal heatlhcare. Since 1881.

I said that's what we were taught, to look up to US because these were the virtues they lived. And democracy did only really work after WWII because people were ready for it and accepted the mindset that's needed to make it work. And it worked because everyone, including France and Britain excepted the leading role of the US.

well it's all a huge disappointment, but no real surprise. 

I truly admit I never saw it coming. All the data, the ground game, the polls. Nothing matters.

Well, Germany had to go through it, why are we so special as to not have to deal with our karma?

OMG! OMG! OMG! Seriously!!! He won!! America has sunk to an ultimate low. I didn't think it could any lower with George W Bush but you have surpassed that. Hillary Clinton is an awful candidate IMO, but Trump is out of this world bad