2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm terrified. I wouldn't feel like this if it were Cruz, Bush etc but this man is not qualified to be president. It goes beyond "I disagree with this....that....policy". This is going to have major global consequences. I'm truly scared.

Surely he will have qualified people around him running things for him? 

1 minute ago, Mmmmm said:

Surely he will have qualified people around him running things for him? 

Just like Bush Jr. did? Well, that gave you Iraq.

And have you seen the people he surrounds himself with? That Bannon guy. I promise you he will become propaganda minister. Watch out for Goebbels reborn.

9 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Trump: Make America Great Again

Rest of the World: Make America Vote Again

There are a lot of countries want Trump to win.

hilary harmed a lot of nations under Obama's administration & didnt play it good.

Daech/ISIS announced they want her to win. This alone is scary!

a lot of ppl are suffering from the high cost of dollar.

How the LGBT rights will be effected all of sudden??? How this can be true , doesnt america established strong rules? You guys r talking like its a 3rd world country. Where a new president come he changes the constitution to remain in power.

Just in: Season 7 of American Horror Story, called "Trump", is set to premiere on 20 January. It will consist of 1,095 episodes lasting 24 hours each.

8 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

Next: World War III

Think we will all survive his presidency because people are resilient, but def worried about him escalating unnecessary conflicts in the world. 

Guest bluejean
1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

I picture even worse things than Iraq with a Trump presidency. 

Well whatever the case its going to be a media circus like no other. The campaign was just the beginning.

10 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Might happen when Russia invades the Baltic states.

I feel like this is where we are heading. I think this election result will embolden Russia and we'll see similar situations in other EU countries as what happened in Ukraine. Assad will be the key ally in the Middle East and it'll be interesting to see how the other Arab countries respond. Germany and France seem to be powderkegs. How China responds will be interesting but I think they'll also start muscling in on Asian territories.

On a more serious note, this vote is sooooo American. 

Americans in general cannot tolerate being told what to do. The polls and pundits were so sure that she would win. The media lost its credibility by giving overblown attention to every accusation towards the Orange One and not doing the same with Hillary. For a while, it just felt like there was not way he could win. 

This is Brexit².

P.S.: Foreigners, if you want your candidate to win in America you need to vocally support their opponent in every way you can. America loves to act like a rebellious 16 year old. 

Youre-not-the-boss-of-me-GIF.gif

67297-Amy-Poehler-dont-tell-me-what-TdZL

3 minutes ago, spazz said:

hilary harmed a lot of nations under Obama's administration & didnt play it good.

How the LGBT rights will be effected all of sudden??? How this can be true , doesnt america established strong rules? You guys r talking like its a 3rd world country. Where a new president come he changes the constitution to remain in power.

Trump will elect a new Supreme Court judge. Possibly two which will make it conservative majority. It's not just LGBTI like gay marriage that can potentially be repealed but abortion rights, obamacarr etc. basically anything the court has voted on and passed. 

21 minutes ago, 80sKing90 said:

The disdain for Hillary was underrated. Idk if her campaign was aware of the degree of it

Um..when you *consistently have dire favorable ratings for many, many months if not years and come thisclose to losing to a 74 yold man out of nowhere HOW doesn't ur party do something asap to at least TRY to save the country. 

Guest Pud Whacker
7 minutes ago, spazz said:

people tend to be alarmist. 

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING, YOU KNOW?

chicken-little-c2a9-walt-disney.jpg

2 minutes ago, mnino said:

It certainly is...

20161112_WOC158_4.png

I blame Clinton, the DNC and all those assholes who were campaigning for her one - two years before the primaries. It never mattered how bad opinion polls were. It never mattered to her that she's extremely polarizing and extremely hated and put her party at risk. 

That's NOT what America needed. At least half of the people who voted for her voted because Trump is a fucking monster. Again, that's NOT what America needed. 

5 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

All three branches are now under republican control. :lmao:

:scared: :scared: :scared: and he will definitely pick at least one Supreme Court Justice. :scared: OMG and Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie are going to get appointed cushy jobs. :scared:

1 minute ago, spazz said:

The high dollar is no disadvantage for the U.S. population. They get more for their money by buying foreign products. And let's face it the U.S. imports a lot. It's bad for the U.S. export because U.S. products become more expensive when exported. On the other hand the U.S. does not really export that much.

Regarding the LGBT issues or let's say abortion, first he needs to put a conservative judge or judges into the supreme court, with a majority in senate those will be confirmed rather quick. Then all it takes is someone bringing a case to the supreme court that questions if marriage equality or abortion is okay from a law point of view. When you have a majority of right wing judges there it's pretty likely that they say it's not, therefore making abortion illegal just as marriage equality. A judge appointed to the supreme court can hold a seat until he or she dies or steps down. In result Reps could appoint someone who is 50 years old. That gives them approx. 30 years of blocking social progress and many people the chance to discriminate against minorities. That is a whole fucking generation lost. BUT if this should really happen, especially the abortion part, I can see riots like they have never seen before. Women and men will storm Washington.

1 minute ago, Hector said:

:scared: :scared: :scared: and he will definitely pick at least one Supreme Court Justice. :scared: OMG and Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie are going to get appointed cushy jobs. :scared:

Exactly, ALL THREE BRANCHES. They can strike down gay marriage, roe v wade. 

We have NO IDEA what he's going to do in the Middle East. This is devastating and scary. 

5 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I blame Clinton, the DNC and all those assholes who were campaigning for her one - two years before the primaries. It never mattered how bad opinion polls were. It never mattered to her that she's extremely polarizing and extremely hated and put her party at risk. 

That's NOT what America needed. At least half of the people who voted for her voted because Trump is a fucking monster. Again, that's NOT what America needed. 

Bingo! Im horrified by this but is anyone REALLY that surprised. I'm not. This is really, really bad and most people truly dunno what they did. You dont win this way UNLESS u get women, minorities, younger etc etc,,  Hillary was a god awful, disconnected ice queen who simply wasn't able to communicate that. 

1 minute ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The high dollar is no disadvantage for the U.S. population. They get more for their money by buying foreign products. And let's face it the U.S. imports a lot. It's bad for the U.S. export because U.S. products become more expensive when exported. On the other hand the U.S. does not really export that much.

The U.S. is the second country with the highest number of exports, only behind China. 

4 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Um..when you *consistently have dire favorable ratings for many, many months if not years and come thisclose to losing to a 74 yold man out of nowhere HOW doesn't ur party do something asap to at least TRY to save the country. 

That's what I'm saying. She and her campaign just played it off as if it was a joke and didn't seriously address it

9 minutes ago, mnino said:

Americans in general cannot tolerate being told what to do. The polls and pundits were so sure that she would win. The media lost its credibility by giving overblown attention to every accusation towards the Orange One and not doing the same with Hillary. For a while, it just felt like there was not way he could win. 

This is Brexit².

I say it again. That is simply not true. The media was hiding because they were afraid someone could call them biased.