Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Put together your ideal Greatest Hits Tour setlist

Recommended Posts

Suedehead    0

Hypothetical situation: Madonna announces a Greatest Hits Tour for 2017. 

Put together your ideal setlist. 

Here are the rules of this thread: 

- 25 songs

- 5 sections (feel free to come up with themes or not) 

Go! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the 25 hits, I don't know how to fit them in sections (it was shocking that I couldn't pick easily hits from MDNA and RH, I guess that RH didn't had hits):

-Everybody

-Holiday 

-Like a Virgin

-Material Girl

-Into the groove

-La Isla Bonita

-Open your heart

-Like a prayer

-Express yourself

-Vogue

-Erotica

-Take a bow

-Human nature

-Ray of light

-Frozen

-Music

-Don't tell me

-Die another day

-Hung Up

-Sorry

-4 minutes

-Give it 2 me

-Celebration

-Gimme all your luvin

-Living For love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I just love a hypothetical Madonna Greatest Hits Tour 🤗

I'm not doing themes, just sections. 

Section 1 

1) Papa Don't Preach (I have said time and time again that this would be an epic opening number with an extended intro of those strings) 

2) Hollywood 

3) Secret

4) Don't Tell Me 

5) Deeper And Deeper 

 

Section 2 

6) Everybody

7) Music 

8) Cherish 

9) La Isla Bonita 

10) Hung Up

 

Section 3

11) Frozen 

12) Ghosttown 

13) Die Another Day 

14) Like A Prayer 

15) Ray of Light 

 

Section 4

16) Open Your Heart 

17) Get Together 

18) Into The Groove 

19) 4 Minutes

20) Human Nature 

 

Section 5 

21) Take A Bow 

22) I'll Remember 

23) Like A Virgin 

24) ExpressYourself 

25) Vogue 

I think this would please hardcore and casual fans alike. I realize there's nothing from MDNA. That wasn't an accident 😎

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

01 Open Your Heart
02 Beautiful Stranger                  
03 Girl Gone Wild                                 
04 4 Minutes            
05 Express Yourself                           

06 Human Nature
07 Vogue
08 Music
09 Deeper And Deeper
10 Take A Bow

11 Live To Tell
12 Living For love
13 Who's That Girl
14 Secret
15 Die Another Day

16 Like A Prayer
17 Frozen
18 You'll See
19 La Isla Bonita
20 Don't Tell Me

21 American Life
22 Ray Of Light
23 Like A Virgin
24 Holiday
25 Hung Up

80's (8) = Holiday, Like A Virgin, Live To Tell, Open Your Heart, La Ilsa Bonita, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself
90's (9) = Vogue, Deeper And Deeper, Secret, Take A Bow, Human Nature, You'll See, Frozen, Ray Of Light, Beautiful Stranger
00's (6) = Music, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day, American Life, Hung Up, 4 Minutes
10's (2) = Girl Gone Wild, Living For Love

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concept: A semi-autobiographical show in which each act inspired by a formative part of M's life.

  • Act I: The Beginning (the death of her mother, Catholicism, dance, Christopher Flynn, gay clubs, her father, quitting school)
    • Act of Contrition (video intro)
    • Like a Prayer
    • What it Feels like for a Girl
    • Hung Up
    • Papa Don't Preach
  • Act II: New York (late-70s / early-80s NYC, Keith Haring, Alvin Ailey, Stephen Bray, pre-fame poverty, lust for the spotlight)
    • Lucky Star
    • Deeper and Deeper
    • Live to Tell
    • Open Your Heart
  • Act III: Star / Backlash (80s and early-90s megastardom, SEX, controversy)
    • Hollywood / Material Girl (mash-up interlude)
    • Like a Virgin
    • Vogue
    • Erotica
    • Bad Girl
  • Act IV: Comeback (motherhood, Esther, late-90s comeback)
    • Ray of Light
    • Give it 2 Me
    • Ghosttown
    • Frozen (acoustic)
  • Act V: After Party (career celebration)
    • Into the Groove
    • Get Together / Bedtime Story (mash-up)
    • Secret (remix)
    • Everybody
    • Holiday
    • Music
       
    • Don't Tell Me (remix) (encore)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love your concept @material_boy

These hyperthetical sets are hard, as I prefer sonic similarities over themes, generally.

I would kick off with 'Everybody', her first single and invitation to the Dancefloor.  A 'come hither' image of Madonna on the big screen would announce: I know you've been waiting! Dance and sing, get up and do your thing....

Everybody / Into The Groove / Give It 2 Me / Deeper & Deeper / Vogue

Express Yourself / Human Nature / Hollywood / What It Feels Like For A Girl / Like A Virgin

Lucky Star / Hung Up / Sorry / Justify My Love / Erotica

Like A Prayer / Frozen / Open Your Heart / Live To Tell / Take A Bow

Living For Love  / Girl Gone Wild / Music / Celebration / Holiday

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattress    0

Great set lists so far. One could probably come up with 500 different excellent shows based on her body of work. I wouldn't dare try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anne    0
12 hours ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

01 Open Your Heart
02 Beautiful Stranger                  
03 Girl Gone Wild                                 
04 4 Minutes            
05 Express Yourself                           

06 Human Nature
07 Vogue
08 Music
09 Deeper And Deeper
10 Take A Bow

11 Live To Tell
12 Living For love
13 Who's That Girl
14 Secret
15 Die Another Day

16 Like A Prayer
17 Frozen
18 You'll See
19 La Isla Bonita
20 Don't Tell Me

21 American Life
22 Ray Of Light
23 Like A Virgin
24 Holiday
25 Hung Up

80's (8) = Holiday, Like A Virgin, Live To Tell, Open Your Heart, La Ilsa Bonita, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself
90's (9) = Vogue, Deeper And Deeper, Secret, Take A Bow, Human Nature, You'll See, Frozen, Ray Of Light, Beautiful Stranger
00's (6) = Music, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day, American Life, Hung Up, 4 Minutes
10's (2) = Girl Gone Wild, Living For Love

 

Love this one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kim    0
On 29/10/2016 at 4:38 PM, Iconic Fetus said:

 

-Gimme all your luvin

You kidder you!

15 hours ago, material_boy said:

 

  • Act of Contrition (video intro)
  • Like a Prayer

This is just too hard to do...but I always thought opening  a show with a bombastic Like A Prayer would be awesome. Talk about instant gratification!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Suedehead    0

I need VOGUE as a concert closer. My body is ready for that. In fact beyond ready. She's done it as opener, as pre-encore and in the middle of shows but never as a closer. I've had enough of Music and Holiday near the end of the setlist. 

 

Can you imagine VOGUE as a closer and, say, an utterly amazing bombastic MUSIC as opener? Yeh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kim    0

Let's face it, the possibilities are endless. Just reading all those set-lists above makes my heart race a little!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kim said:

You kidder you!

This is just too hard to do...but I always thought opening  a show with a bombastic Like A Prayer would be awesome. Talk about instant gratification!

 

Hahahahaha was trying to include something from her last two albums, I guess that from the last 6 singles that's the only remarkable and remembered by the GP, also BIM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alen    0

iconic looks theme:

Act I_cowgirl (dsquared2)__1_hollywood  2_express yourself  3_ sorry  4_ human nature 5_don`t tell me 

Act II_chica latina (gucci)__ 1_music  2_la isla bonita  3_beautiful stranger   4_hung up  5_papa don`t preach 

Act III_saint madonna (givenchy)__1_ justify my love  2_rain  3_ live to tell   4_frozen  5_like a prayer 

Act IV_mama (alex wang)__1_ bedtime story   2_open your heart   3_ray of light  4_living for love  5_die another day 

ACT V_"marylin" in cone bra (jean paul gaultier)__1_like a virgin   2_girl gone wild   3_bitch i`m madonna   4_take a bow   5_vogue 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toni    0

I'd like to see a Immaculate Collection tour and a Celebration tour.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 30, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Kim said:

Let's face it, the possibilities are endless. Just reading all those set-lists above makes my heart race a little!

I agree with this - so many amazing choices for the first song and the last...and even in between.  

"Like a Prayer" as an opener?  OMG the crowd would go absolutely crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VogueMusic    0
On 10/30/2016 at 0:27 PM, Suedehead said:

I need VOGUE as a concert closer. My body is ready for that. In fact beyond ready. She's done it as opener, as pre-encore and in the middle of shows but never as a closer. I've had enough of Music and Holiday near the end of the setlist. 

 

Can you imagine VOGUE as a closer and, say, an utterly amazing bombastic MUSIC as opener? Yeh.

 

THIS.

I've always envisioned Vogue as a real show closer. Those final notes - bum, bum, bum, bum, VOGUE. (echo).

And yet it works as a perfect opener too. It's just that kind of song. Perfection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3 November 2016 at 5:20 AM, UnapologeticRebel said:

and I didn't see "Candy Shop" on any list so far....come on, we all know she treats it like a hit song - it probably will be included if there ever is a proper GH tour.

Dunno why.  One of her all-time crap songs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LHakaLH    0

VIDEO INTRODUCTION: The Beast Within (Video shows the construction of an androidal M. Think Garbage's The World is Not Enough) (Includes elements of Best Night, Heartbeat, Act of Contrition, Living for Love & Iconic)

 

ACT 1: ROBOTICA-EROTICA

02. Vogue (Slower, more hip-hop based version) (Includes elements of Die Another Day & Jump)

03. Mash Up: Impressive Instant / Open Your Heart

04. Hollywood (on electric guitar)

05. Everybody (Stuart Price remix, with elements of Jump, Turn Up The Radio, Celebration & Where's The Party)

 

VIDEO INTERLUDE: Nothing Really Matters (Shows a naked Madonna floating on space interspersed with molecules & DNA) (Slower version of the Dan-O-Rama remix, includes elements of I'm Addicted & Ghosttown)

 

ACT 2: ŌENDAN / GANGURO

07. Deeper & Deeper (with elements of Get Together)

08. Causing a Commotion (on electric guitar)

09. Don't Tell Me (with Devil Pray intro & elements of Kylie's Cowboy Style)

10. Human Nature / Unapologetic Bitch

11. Material Girl (starts with a fragment of Pink's Most Girls, includes elements of Who's That Girl)

12. Like a Virgin (with elements of Bitch I'm Madonna & Unapologetic Bitch)

 

VIDEO INTERLUDE: Rescue Me (Features Madonna running away, and eventually getting captured by a man in a wandering gypsy wagon) (Includes elements of Bedtime Story)

 

ACT 3: HIPPIE-WOODSTOCK REVIVAL

14. Into The Groove (starts with an introduction of Beautiful Stranger, includes elements of Future Lovers, Fever, Lucky Star, Britney's I Wanna Go, MJ's Wanna Be Startin' Somethin & JAM, Mariah's Touch My Body & Revolver)

15. Ray of Light (Dance along version)

16. La Isla Bonita (includes elements of Janis Joplin's Me & Bobby McGee & Janet's Island Life)

17. Hard Candy Medley: Candy Shop / 4 Minutes / Beat Goes On   

18. Take a Bow - alternating with Nothing Fails, Crazy For You, Masterpiece, The Power Of Godbye, Secret, Joan of Arc, Don't Cry For Me Argentina & Wash All Over Me on some shows - (on acoustic guitar with audience clap and sing-along) 

 

VIDEO INTERLUDE: What It Feels Like for a Girl (Shows images of famous political women through history as well as ageist headlines regarding Madonna) (Remix, includes elements of Bad Girl, Material Girl, Veni Vidi Vici & Beautiful Killer)

 

ACT 4: BACK 2 BAZIKS - THE HITS

20. Living For Love

21. Girl Gone Wild

22. Music (with elements of I'm a Sinner, Rihanna's Please Don't Stop The Music & Hold Tight)

23. Hung Up

24. Like a Prayer

25. Mash Up: Celebration (album version) / Give it 2 Me / Holiday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
humanracin    0

 

OK so I'm not going to include some songs because we got them on the last tour (Dress You Up, Who's That Girl, Material Girl, Take A Bow, Crazy For You etc)

Act 1 "Star Section"

Bedtime Story

Express Yourself

Vogue

Lucky Star

Bitch I'm Madonna

Act 2 "Heart Section"

Rescue Me

OpenYour Heart

Nothing Really Matters

Don't Tell Me

Love Spent

Act 3 "Ballad Section"

This Used To Be My Playground

Live To Tell

Oh Father

Bad Girl

Frozen

Act 4 "Fan Favourite Section"

Cherish

Borderline

Angel

Rain

Miles Away

Act 5 "Celebration Section" 

Ray Of Light

Into The Groove

Holiday

Hung Up

Music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roymeer28    0

Living for love

turn up the radio

give it 2 me

hung up

hollywood

music

ray of light

i'll remember

bedtime story

deeper and deeper

justify my love

vogue

like a prayer

Whos that girl

open your heart

into the groove 

dress You up 

holiday

the power of goodbye 

dont tell me

beautiful stranger

youll see

Erotica

express yourself

everybody

la isla bonita

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4 November 2016 at 10:24 PM, LHakaLH said:

VIDEO INTRODUCTION: The Beast Within (Video shows the construction of an androidal M. Think Garbage's The World is Not Enough) (Includes elements of Best Night, Heartbeat, Act of Contrition, Living for Love & Iconic)

 

ACT 1: ROBOTICA-EROTICA

02. Vogue (Slower, more hip-hop based version) (Includes elements of Die Another Day & Jump)

03. Mash Up: Impressive Instant / Open Your Heart

04. Hollywood (on electric guitar)

05. Everybody (Stuart Price remix, with elements of Jump, Turn Up The Radio, Celebration & Where's The Party)

 

VIDEO INTERLUDE: Nothing Really Matters (Shows a naked Madonna floating on space interspersed with molecules & DNA) (Slower version of the Dan-O-Rama remix, includes elements of I'm Addicted & Ghosttown)

 

ACT 2: ŌENDAN / GANGURO

07. Deeper & Deeper (with elements of Get Together)

08. Causing a Commotion (on electric guitar)

09. Don't Tell Me (with Devil Pray intro & elements of Kylie's Cowboy Style)

10. Human Nature / Unapologetic Bitch

11. Material Girl (starts with a fragment of Pink's Most Girls, includes elements of Who's That Girl)

12. Like a Virgin (with elements of Bitch I'm Madonna & Unapologetic Bitch)

 

VIDEO INTERLUDE: Rescue Me (Features Madonna running away, and eventually getting captured by a man in a wandering gypsy wagon) (Includes elements of Bedtime Story)

 

ACT 3: HIPPIE-WOODSTOCK REVIVAL

14. Into The Groove (starts with an introduction of Beautiful Stranger, includes elements of Future Lovers, Fever, Lucky Star, Britney's I Wanna Go, MJ's Wanna Be Startin' Somethin & JAM, Mariah's Touch My Body & Revolver)

15. Ray of Light (Dance along version)

16. La Isla Bonita (includes elements of Janis Joplin's Me & Bobby McGee & Janet's Island Life)

17. Hard Candy Medley: Candy Shop / 4 Minutes / Beat Goes On   

18. Take a Bow - alternating with Nothing Fails, Crazy For You, Masterpiece, The Power Of Godbye, Secret, Joan of Arc, Don't Cry For Me Argentina & Wash All Over Me on some shows - (on acoustic guitar with audience clap and sing-along) 

 

VIDEO INTERLUDE: What It Feels Like for a Girl (Shows images of famous political women through history as well as ageist headlines regarding Madonna) (Remix, includes elements of Bad Girl, Material Girl, Veni Vidi Vici & Beautiful Killer)

 

ACT 4: BACK 2 BAZIKS - THE HITS

20. Living For Love

21. Girl Gone Wild

22. Music (with elements of I'm a Sinner, Rihanna's Please Don't Stop The Music & Hold Tight)

23. Hung Up

24. Like a Prayer

25. Mash Up: Celebration (album version) / Give it 2 Me / Holiday

Very good! And that Hard Candy medley would be ENOUGH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×