Computer revealing Mexican cartel's accounting records seized in Spain

ULIZOS

An article I just translated: http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/articulo/english/2016/10/21/computer-revealing-los-zetas-accounting-records-seized-spain

Juan Manuel Muñoz Luévano, who goes by the alias “El Mono” (the Monkey), kept detailed accounting records of the Mexican cartel Los Zetas' transactions of sales to Europe. Two computers were seized by Spanish authorities containing two key documents: an Excel document with 5 spreadsheets and a Word document. These two documents revealed all of the criminal group's earnings in 2012 and 2013, according to an article published by the Spanish newspaper El País.

According to El País, which had access to and reviewed these files, there are 59 entries totaling millions of dollars in cash that were delivered to cartel leaders in several different hotels and shopping malls in Mexico City.

The cartel group carried out the transactions in super market parking lots, several well-known hotels such as the Regente, Marquis Reforma, Camino Real Polanco, and the Reforma 222 and Antara Polanco luxury shopping malls, all in central Mexico City.

The Excel spreadsheet and Word document described in great detail cocaine deliveries to Europe, the respective earnings, the price per kilo and the date and place the cash was delivered.

U.S. authorities have requested that Spain extradite Muñoz Luévano, who's currently being investigated on charges of running a money-laundering ring through a network of gas stations he owns in Mexico. According to El País, the spreadsheets showed that the transactions totaled an incredible 75.6 million dollars over the two year period.

Muñoz Luévano was arrested in March of this year after being investigated by Spanish police for years, which included listening in on his phone calls.

Muñoz Luévano was heard on many occasions threatening and extorting people, and even ordering to have people killed from his home in a residential neighborhood in Madrid, where he lived with his family. Spanish investigators became suspicious of El Mono after several neighbors reported his suspiciously flashy and lavish lifestyle.

In one of the phone calls, he can be heard telling someone to “fuck him up”, and in another chilling call, he tells one of his cartel members to “kill his entire family,” referring to a debtor who had gone on the run.

El Mono was also heard ordering to have an “old man's” store burned down: “If you guys can't do it, just find any faggot who can go and burn down his fucking store.” A few days later, he was sent pictures of the store in ruins.

Interesting read, thanks for translating and posting

I've always mantained that the real criminals are very wealthy families in the US and Europe with very good political and law enforcement/judiciary connections

Without their enabling the bottom of the ladder guys cannot do anything

1 hour ago, XXL said:

Interesting read, thanks for translating and posting

I've always mantained that the real criminals are very wealthy families in the US and Europe with very good political and law enforcement/judiciary connections

Without their enabling the bottom of the ladder guys cannot do anything

It's what I do now! Follow us :D https://www.facebook.com/eluniversalenglish/

Thanks 

I find it amazing how my country is being torn apart by its attempt to meet the demands for cocaine, Meth, heroin, etc. in the U.S. and Europe, yet I doubt I've ever heard any of my European friends talk about. They're so far removed from the problem that in their worlds and minds it just doesn't exist. 

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

Thanks 

I find it amazing how my country is being torn apart by its attempt to meet the demands for cocaine, Meth, heroin, etc. in the U.S. and Europe, yet I doubt I've ever heard any of my European friends talk about. They're so far removed from the problem that in their worlds and minds it just doesn't exist. 

But aren't we supposed to think that drugs are cool and that we all are free to do whatever we want??? Meanwhile, a drug epidemic is devastating certain parts of America. Drug producers and dealers are criminals but fighting only the "offer" and not the "demand" isn't going to stop this tragedy. 

drugsarebad.jpeg

11 minutes ago, mnino said:

But aren't we supposed to think that drugs are cool and that we all are free to do whatever we want??? Meanwhile, a drug epidemic is devastating certain parts of America. Drug producers and dealers are criminals but fighting only the "offer" and not the "demand" isn't going to stop this tragedy. 

drugsarebad.jpeg

I'm working on an article. I'll post it here once I'm done. 

Basically according to an interview we did with a hitman / drug dealer, they have it all meticulously planned so they hook people for life and don't kill you. He says things like "this shit is disgusting, awful, poison, I would never in my life use it's just for stupid ass Americans." And he also says that the massive wave of violence that rocked Mexico last decade was because another cartel was shipping heroin to the U.S. and that kills their "customers". They want them alive as long as possible.

He says he has 5 ICE agents who work with him to smuggle drugs across the border. He talks about how he gets about 150 dollars to kill people and that's his "cash cow". The interview made me want to throw up. 

This whole "wall" nonsense does absolutely NOTHING. Mexican cartels have a vast network of tunnels and they use submarines and drones to ship drugs to the U.S. This is a MASSIVE industry and it's only going to get way, way, WAY worse before it gets better. Until someone has the balls to finally say that the War on Drugs has been one of the most devastating and disastrous policies, together with the War on Terrorism, that the U.S. has ever engaged in. 

7 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Thanks 

I think there is also contempt for Mexico. I still can't believe how badly the whole Florence Cassez was handled by our government. It was colonialism at its best.

We all know drugs in France comes from Spain. They have these go fast technique (people being payed to bring drugs from Spain to France in cars driving very fast without stopping and if the police stops them they must abandon the cars). 

8 hours ago, mnino said:

Precisely the point. The idiotic portrayal and demonisation of the media against Mexico or other countries when the sold goods get eventually shipped to consumers that are based in the US, Canada and other European countries is beyond ridiculous and hypocritical. Obviously if $450m worth of bonds transits illegally through a Mexican airport from the US, it means there has been a buyer of those goods in the US and people and a system in place that facilitated the movement of those goods to begin with. And by system I don't mean the local drug dealer