Chinese tourist couple steal a TOILET SEAT from a Japanese hotel

horn

Chinese tourist couple steal a TOILET SEAT from a Japanese hotel - and have to post it back after being caught

• Couple reportedly stole the toilet seat in Nagoya, Japan, on October 17
  • The Toyoko Inn hotel demanded them return the item, reports claimed
  • They posted the luxury multi-function seat back to the hotel the next day

By Sophie Williams For Mailonline

Published: 11:46 GMT, 19 October 2016 | Updated: 12:41 GMT, 19 October 2016

A couple from China have been forced to post back a toilet seat they stole from a Japanese hotel.

The couple were on a trip to Japan and stole a toilet seat from their room in the Toyoko Inn hotel in Nagoya on October 17, reports Huanqiu, an affiliation with the People's Daily Online. 

Upon discovering the couple had taken the expensive Japanese toilet seat, the hotel reportedly demanded the couple return the item.

3983732E00000578-3851070-image-m-19_1476

The couple from Taizhou, eastern China, travelled on a group trip to Japan and were staying in Nagoya when they decided to take the multi-function toilet seat with them. 

Upon realising the toilet seat had been taken, the hotel called the group's tour guide and reported the theft to the police, according to the Huanqiu report. 

The couple, named Li and Chen, claimed they took the toilet seat because they thought it was left by other guests who had stayed in the same room. 

Ms Chen is said to be a commercial bank manager.

The couple published an apology letter online which said: 'I hope the hotel and local travel agency can treat this with leniency. I promise this behaviour won't happen again.'  

Japanese toilet seats are known for having many functions and devices and are becoming a sign of wealth in China. 

Spring Airlines, the company the couple flew with, told MailOnline: 'We have verified that the involved tourists had purchased a six-day travel package to Japan via Tuniu.' 

The company added: 'They stayed at the Toyoko Inn Chubu Kokusai-kuko Honkan where they mistook a toilet seat for an item left by other hotel visitors. They took it and left the hotel. 

'The toilet seat was sent back to the hotel on October 18. Currently, the involved tourists and the tour guide are still travelling in Japan. They will head back to China on October 22.' 

The tour agency said it held emergency meetings for the incident.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3851070/Chinese-tourist-couple-steal-TOILET-SEAT-Japanese-hotel-post-caught.html

If it was a hello kitty toilet seat that warmed up its rude NOT to steal it. Do you know how quick that would go in my case?!!! They could charge my card after. I hate shopping. @rekha How much are they?! I can only find boring ones for £500 ughh the cost of Brexit.

4 hours ago, Barney said:

If it was a hello kitty toilet seat that warmed up its rude NOT to steal it. Do you know how quick that would go in my case?!!! They could charge my card after. I hate shopping. @rekha How much are they?! I can only find boring ones for £500 ughh the cost of Brexit.

I've seen them from around 130,000 yen. 1,000 pounds or so😜😜

Id spend £1000 if included the plumber and the electrician fitting it. Im fucking useless!

OOh I just got my ex to say he will pay for the wiring and plumbing if I pay for the seat BUY BUY BUY!!