MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hapertje

Lady Gaga's "Joan" album has been leaked by her own fans! Could she quit the music industry now that the whole project has flopped?

Skin    0

I left the forum for awhile when BTW came out so I missed out on all the drama.  Yes I admit I spent that time away at Gaga Daily, but seriously all I did was post in the Madonna thread there.  It was actually a really good thread with great posters in it.  They were probably all banned like I was for doing nothing but "stanning" for Madonna.

runa    0
31 minutes ago, Hector said:

Omg I'm skimming through those threads now those were were really dark times here! I almost forgot about neutrocks writing term papers for all of his posts!

He was so fucking annoying !!!!!!!!! :provoke:

Guest Pud Whacker   
Guest Pud Whacker

Interesting to see all the Lady Ugly supporters of that time!!! :rotfl:

disgusting display. 

Guest Pud Whacker   
Guest Pud Whacker
2 minutes ago, Bill said:

:rotfl:

She's disgusting and ugly and NOT FIT to be driving down PCH in California. 

Take that ugly beast back to NY where it belongs. 

Skin    0

A-YO sucks balls.  Is this really the 3rd song they are trying to throw at the wall in hopes that it sticks?

Good luck with that.

le smoking    0
1 minute ago, Skin said:

A-YO sucks balls.  Is this really the 3rd song they are trying to throw at the wall in hopes that it sticks?

Good luck with that.

But it's the new Shake it Off according to her monsters

My monster friend said he "loves" the album but hopes her next album sounds like Confessions lol

Kilt    0
5 hours ago, Andra said:

Joanne would be such a good song if it weren't for her stupid try hard voice god why does she have to fucking yell so much.

I agree! The lyrics are underwhelming, considering she's singing about her aunt? Is that the best she could come up with?

billiejean    0

Ayo sounds like her other song she sang in Camden. I was expecting it to be a rip off of Lana's Yayo, I thought John Wayne would be another Lana rip off too, is it?

DagIN    0

So, this is how monsters (who still care about Gags) look and act like. Great job, Joanne...great job...

Watch from 1:45

Nikki    0

the only time I didnt hate some stuff she did was when she acted like madonna. that btw grammy performance in the nude colored outfits with the BAT pony is a good example. but again, probably only because it was all copied from madonna and at that time M rarely referenced herself. 

btw the first review she got is 3/5 from slant. her fans are so blind thinking her shit is any good

Lady Gaga is a pop star of the Glee generation. She doesn't do subtle. Whether she's singing standards with Tony Bennett, paying tribute to David Bowie at the Grammys, or playing a riot grrrl in the music video for her new single, “Perfect Illusion,” the effect is that of a musical theater kid trying on costumes she found in the high school storage closet, not a chameleonic performer flexing her innate versatility. 

Thus, her latest incarnation, as a country crooner, an Americana troubadour, traveling from one sticky-floored dive bar to the next with her trusty guitar in hand, feels unearned. 

With Gaga's newly stripped-down image and rootsy musical palette, Joanne would have made for a more logical evolutionary follow-up to 2011's rock-tinged Born This Way. But while she may have eschewed the outlandish costumes for now, Gaga has merely replaced them with a different kind of pretense.

http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/r...dy-gaga-joanne

runa    0
37 minutes ago, le smoking said:

But it's the new Shake it Off according to her monsters

My monster friend said he "loves" the album but hopes her next album sounds like Confessions lol

They're already talking about the next one, :dead:

le smoking    0
13 minutes ago, Nikki said:

the only time I didnt hate some stuff she did is when she dressed like madonna and did performances like her. like that btw grammy performance in the nude colored outfits with the BAT pony. but again, probably only because it was all copied from madonna and at that time M rarely referenced herself

btw the first review she got is 3/5 from slant. her fans are so blind thinking her shit is any good

This was clearly a 2 star review but I'm sure they just didn't want monsters coming after them like they did for their Cheek to Cheek review

rocknrolla    0

Does slant count for metacritic.  I don't know why I'm asking, Cheek to Cheek has a poor score (61) yet still won a Grammy.

elijah    0
12 minutes ago, runa said:

They're already talking about the next one, :dead:

Well they got really reductive Music/AL.

Magrat    0
On ‎17‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 7:42 PM, Mmmmm said:

Gaga kinda Looks like Lourdes in this Picture...

Anyway... I've listened to the tracks now twice and I have to say that Joanne is not a bad album. It is pretty consistent. There are really no bad tracks on the album, I would rate it with an overall 5 out 10. My favourite tracks being John Wayne (should've been the 2nd single), Dancin In Circles (reminds me so much of Supernatural from Madonna) and Hey Girl (such a good Prince tribute, really like it). Though it is apparant that there are no stand-out tracks and no hits on the album... like on her first albums... I'm pretty sure A-Yo will flop, it is not appealing at all... and I am wondering why she hired all those big names and hit-producers when she was going for country....

"Diamond Heart"

4 / 10

3:05

"A-Yo"  

4 / 10

• Ronson
  • BloodPop
  • Gaga
3:28

"Joanne"  

5 / 10

• Germanotta
  • Ronson
  • Ronson
  • Gaga
  • BloodPop
3:17

"John Wayne"  

8 / 10

• Germanotta
  • Ronson
  • Tucker
  • Homme
  • Ronson
  • BloodPop
  • Gaga
2:54

"Dancin' in Circles"  

8 / 10

• Ronson
  • Gaga
  • BloodPop
3:27

"Perfect Illusion"  

6 / 10

• Ronson
  • Parker
  • Gaga
  • BloodPop
3:02

"Million Reasons"  

5 / 10

• Germanotta
  • Lindsey
  • Ronson
  • Ronson
  • Gaga
  • BloodPop
3:25

"Sinner's Prayer"  

3 / 10

• Ronson
  • Gaga
  • BloodPop
3:43

"Come to Mama"  

3 / 10

• Ronson
  • Haynie
  • Gaga
  • BloodPop
4:15

"Hey Girl" (featuring Florence Welch)

8 / 10

• Germanotta
  • Welch
  • Ronson
  • Ronson
  • Gaga
  • BloodPop
4:15

"Angel Down"  

4 / 10

GOD    0
1 hour ago, Bill said:

:rotfl:

oh wow, definitely her Devil Pray. 

elijah    0

Devil pray is such a great song (best M song in 10 years) that I m sure Gorgon heard it and said "I want this!" (it decided the direction of her album!). I only heard the snippets but it seems the songs are again trashy and of course nowhere near the perfection Devil Pray is! 

Foxcatcher    0
1 hour ago, Dannylex said:

"Will Madonna step up her game because of Lady Gaga?" is an iconic thread.

tumblr_of75j3KTXa1u6n38po1_250.gif

LSD    0
55 minutes ago, Nikki said:

the only time I didnt hate some stuff she did was when she acted like madonna. that btw grammy performance in the nude colored outfits with the BAT pony is a good example. but again, probably only because it was all copied from madonna and at that time M rarely referenced herself. 

Her fans are going ballistic over this review, and it's not even nearly as critical as it could be.  Hopefully worse to come for this failure of a project.