MadonnaNation.com Forums
Nikki

Madonna is Billboard's Woman of the Year

There was a picture of her with Halsey. Someone asked who she is. She is an alternative electro pop singer. Her album Badlands is amazing! She also has a hit single Closer with the Chainsmokers. Halsey also gets a lot of online hate. If Madonna is going to work with any younger stars, I would love for her to do something with Halsey !

37 minutes ago, metalik424 said:

The funny thing is everyone is responding to a speech that hasn't even been broadcasted correctly but it seems everyone already knows what to think about it. 

Can't wait for tomorrow. I feel like the Rebel Heart Era is ending in an almost poetic way. She's addressing the ageism and sexism that reached a new high during this era right when it's about to end. I feel like we've had everything this era from the good and bad: great music, amazing promo, great music videos, amazing tour, lots of random appearances, Tears Of A Clown, the critics loved her tour (much more than MDNA may i add) and her album was also better received than her last 2.

On the other hand we also got her first album without any top 10 hit in the USA (if you consider Die Another Day a top 10 hit for American Life), her album is her weakest in terms of sales, she missed the #1 in the USA and the UK, the supposed meltdown that never happened, those blowjobs people wanted so bad to believe she was serious (and i can't stop looking at comments about that...seriously?).

But i can't wait to see this speech tomorrow. Because it will piss all her haters even more since it's the first time she's actually going all-in in a matter of speaking, and defend her self in  way we never saw before. 

All we need is the Blu Ray for this tour.

I've been a fan since 2004. And i know Confessions era was huge. But to me (and you can laugh all you want), this last era was a lot more eventful. 

5 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

THE IMPACT.

Only Madonna! Feed on that haters.

1 hour ago, madonna_fan1988 said:

I've been a fan since 2004. And i know Confessions era was huge. But to me (and you can laugh all you want), this last era was a lot more eventful. 

The Rebel Heart era has been absolutely wonderful, creative, thought provoking, challenging with a wide range of aspects. It's also an era where Madonna has shown a warmness and closeness with her audience that we as fans love and appreciate. I have enjoyed Madonna this era in a complete different way. 

1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

There was a picture of her with Halsey. Someone asked who she is. She is an alternative electro pop singer. Her album Badlands is amazing! She also has a hit single Closer with the Chainsmokers. Halsey also gets a lot of online hate. If Madonna is going to work with any younger stars, I would love for her to do something with Halsey !

DEAR GOD NO

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The Rebel Heart era has been absolutely wonderful, creative, thought provoking, challenging with a wide range of aspects. It's also an era where Madonna has shown a warmness and closeness with her audience that we as fans love and appreciate. I have enjoyed Madonna this era in a complete different way. 

When i saw that Madonna during the last segment on her last tour i was like "yup...this is it. this is what was missing." :D 

19 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Only Madonna! Feed on that haters.

And they are already out in full force in the NYT comment section. Yes I know, never read the comment section. But it's the NYT, I thought the readers had better manners. Well, I was wrong. And it's basically men calling her (and Hillary) out. Something that actually proves Madonnas point 100%. Much of the hate simply comes from the fact that both are strong and successful women. None of those comments would exist if this was about two successful businessman/ male singers/ male politicians. In addition to that, many people do not even properly understand what she was talking about. They just refer to her wealth as if a rich person can never be a victim of anything. Some people are really dumb.

5 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And they are already out in full force in the NYT comment section. Yes I know, never read the comment section. But it's the NYT, I thought the readers had better manners. Well, I was wrong. And it's basically men calling her (and Hillary) out. Something that actually proves Madonnas point 100%. Much of the hate simply comes from the fact that both are strong and successful women. None of those comments would exist if this was about two successful businessman/ male singers/ male politicians. In addition to that, many people do not even properly understand what she was talking about. They just refer to her wealth as if a rich person can never be a victim of anything. Some people are really dumb.

I actually didn't like that article. A lot was right with it but the last thing i want is Madonna's name on the same page as Hillary. She has way to many red-flags, way too much baggage and just because they are both women doesn't mean they should be put together. But this is just me.

2 hours ago, metalik424 said:

I enjoyed that article.  Thanks!

The article is good and many Madonna fans have always called Hillary the Madonna of politics so this is not new. However as usual the Press belittle Madonna's talents. How the fuck is Adele a once in a generation talent and Madonna is not? It's like once you are vocally gifted then u r talented. Adele oes not have hal the creativity of Madonna or the versatility. Plus Madonna has written many classics over a 34 year career. In fact let me go tweet them. 

Edited by Kasi

2 hours ago, madonna_fan1988 said:

The funny thing is everyone is responding to a speech that hasn't even been broadcasted correctly but it seems everyone already knows what to think about it. 

Can't wait for tomorrow. I feel like the Rebel Heart Era is ending in an almost poetic way. She's addressing the ageism and sexism that reached a new high during this era right when it's about to end. I feel like we've had everything this era from the good and bad: great music, amazing promo, great music videos, amazing tour, lots of random appearances, Tears Of A Clown, the critics loved her tour (much more than MDNA may i add) and her album was also better received than her last 2.

On the other hand we also got her first album without any top 10 hit in the USA (if you consider Die Another Day a top 10 hit for American Life), her album is her weakest in terms of sales, she missed the #1 in the USA and the UK, the supposed meltdown that never happened, those blowjobs people wanted so bad to believe she was serious (and i can't stop looking at comments about that...seriously?).

But i can't wait to see this speech tomorrow. Because it will piss all her haters even more since it's the first time she's actually going all-in in a matter of speaking, and defend her self in  way we never saw before. 

All we need is the Blu Ray for this tour.

THIS.

There is a brutal truth to this era that, considering the good and the bad of it all, is coming around full circle at a time where it couldn't be more significant (considering all things Madonna and what else is going on in the world).  In a way, it feels even more so BAT/TOD than Confessions. 

I think we're going to look back on this era with a deep reverence.....

full video tomorrow?

Well I didn't expect much, but there is almost zero coverage about her speech in german online magazines. Unless they're preparing the big essays, I only found two little articles which focus on the microphone quote (something hard between my legs) and then go on to misquote a couple of things out of context. 

A couple of days ago there was a lot about the MJ kissing thing, but her Billboard speech?? Nada...

Maybe this is unimportant in Germany. Let's not lose our perspective, there are far more important things in the world to be covered by the press right now than Madonna's speech. I mean in general press or tv. I don't mean entertainment programs. 

The fact that has not been uploaded by her team

3 minutes ago, Starman said:

The fact that has not been uploaded by her team

Lifetime Channel own the rights not M's team. They have the exclusive like previous year. 

Guys, it's not televised yet! Calm down. And please remember it's a fucking speech, it's not a magic wand that will make everyone love Madonna. 

2 hours ago, Lolo said:

Well I didn't expect much, but there is almost zero coverage about her speech in german online magazines. Unless they're preparing the big essays, I only found two little articles which focus on the microphone quote (something hard between my legs) and then go on to misquote a couple of things out of context. 

A couple of days ago there was a lot about the MJ kissing thing, but her Billboard speech?? Nada...

The event hasn't aired yet...

I haven't read all the comments in this thread, but the amount of attention this speech is getting on social media is impressive. 

And it hasn't even aired yet! 

Ironic that the speech is getting more attention than her musical output over the last 5 years. 

17 hours ago, Kasi said:

The article is good and many Madonna fans have always called Hillary the Madonna of politics so this is not new. However as usual the Press belittle Madonna's talents. How the fuck is Adele a once in a generation talent and Madonna is not? It's like once you are vocally gifted then u r talented. Adele oes not have hal the creativity of Madonna or the versatility. Plus Madonna has written many classics over a 34 year career. In fact let me go tweet them. 

I couldnt agree more. Adele cant dance and perform like madonna. Madonna is a pure genious.

ya is it tonight or tomorrow night on lifetime???

40 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

ya is it tonight or tomorrow night on lifetime???

It's tonight, 9/8c.