MadonnaNation.com Forums
Ugly Hecty

Depeche Mode announce new album & tour in 2017

I love the new single. Hoping the album is a return to Violator era.

On 9/2/2017 at 10:35 AM, Ugly Hecty said:

great song, cool video!

Who is planning to see them on tour this year??

It would be my first time. Does anybody know who's opening?

10 hours ago, mnino said:

Just bought tickets for MSG! DM's ticket prices are almost as high as M's!

Special guest is still a surprise.

The album has leaked. It's truly their best work in years. 

On 9. März 2017 at 7:04 PM, mnino said:

I am seeing them in Frankfurt. Saw them 4 years ago during the Delta Machine Tour and was blown away.  

No idea about the opening act.

4 hours ago, Maddylvr said:

The album has leaked. It's truly their best work in years. 

Is it? I read it's too bleak, slow, depressing and so on...?! 

1 hour ago, DagIN said:

Is it? I read it's too bleak, slow, depressing and so on...?! 

It's definitely about the state that the world is in right now. I don't think it's as harsh sounding as a lot of their recent work. I listened to it 3 times already and I wasn't tempted to skip a track. I'd probably skip the deluxe because the remixes didn't really grab me.

1 hour ago, Maddylvr said:

It's definitely about the state that the world is in right now. I don't think it's as harsh sounding as a lot of their recent work. I listened to it 3 times already and I wasn't tempted to skip a track. I'd probably skip the deluxe because the remixes didn't really grab me.

Is it similar to Delta Machine sound-wise? Because I really liked that one (especially Angel, Alone, Always, All That's Mine, My Little Universe etc.) and Where's The Revolution sounds like it could be from the same recording session.

3 hours ago, DagIN said:

Is it similar to Delta Machine sound-wise? Because I really liked that one (especially Angel, Alone, Always, All That's Mine, My Little Universe etc.) and Where's The Revolution sounds like it could be from the same recording session.

Yes similar to Delta Machine. I think this RS article sums it up pretty good. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/depeche-modes-dave-gahan-on-urgent-new-lp-bowie-influence-w462560

I've listened to it now (once) and I really like it! Not sure I like it more than Delta Machine but it definitely flows better and has a very icy electronic feel to it, which i loved. The production is top-notch. I truly cannot understand people who cannot find any hooks or nice melodies here, most songs were quite catchy to me.

Scum is my favorite so far!

5 hours ago, DagIN said:

I've listened to it now (once) and I really like it! Not sure I like it more than Delta Machine but it definitely flows better and has a very icy electronic feel to it, which i loved. The production is top-notch. I truly cannot understand people who cannot find any hooks or nice melodies here, most songs were quite catchy to me.

Scum is my favorite so far!

Yes it's well produced. I think it's catchy as well. Scum is amazing! I just love the whole album really. I have to give the remix disc more of a listen.

Searched for any leaks online, but had no luck listening to it.☹️ Very curious to hear it! 

Love Delta Machine & not so much Sounds of The Universe. First single has grown on me with release of the video.

Giving it my first spin and loving it. Welcome back. 

Fail is everything! I'm loving this album, it sounds a lot more industrial than Delta Machine, the drums are much better, less minimal.

The build up at the end of Cover Me reminds me of the end of Two Minute Warning from CTA, love it.

Love the album. And the trinity is clearly Scum, You Move, and So Much Love. The latter should be the second single.

5 hours ago, Ugly Hecty said:

Love the album. And the trinity is clearly Scum, You Move, and So Much Love. The latter should be the second single.

I feel like I should love "So much love" (the name of the song confirms it) but I don't, it's one of my least favorites actually.  

"Cover Me" and "Poorman" are growing on me fast and "Scum" remains my fave song. 

Had to listen to album a few times before growing on me. It's a good album for sure. 

Just maybe not one of their best (to me). 

Good album! Similar to the last few albums that have come out in terms of pace and flow. SCUM, COVER ME, YOU MOVE and POISON HEART are stand outs for me. Overall I give it an A-

So um where are the tour dates? I need to see these bishes live 

Got to see Depeche Mode at msg! Great real band & strong vocals! Dave Gahan was very energetic & still in good shape. Audience were very enthusiastic & think the band appreciated the reception.

Highlights included enjoy the silence, everything counts, black celebration, wrong, strangelove, etc. Probably my favorite was Bowie's cover of Heroes.:inlove: It was an amazing surprise....

I've got tickets to see them in Santiago next Wednesday!!! Last time I was at Estadio Nacional was for the MDNA Tour :wow: