2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

With all the early voting (believe around 40% is done before election day) I'd think Wikileaks would've dropped at least something semi to pretty potent by now. Yes, there's def been some embarrassing shit that's 'leaked' but as sinister as Assange is and loathes Hillary, I'd think by now something much, much worse would've dropped already. Hopefully the worst of it are what happened before the DNC which wasn't even that catastrophic. Again, more embarrassing but nothing fatal. Like I said, more than pretty sure Hillary and the Dems have some kind of idea what's coming and have their ammunition ready. At the minimum, I'm sure the shit they have on Trump is pretty lethal.  

You know, I think the Clintons are very pragmatic people and I think if there was truly anything that they have done that could hurt her in the election she would not run for president. There is nothing you can bury deep enough that cannot be uncovered. I'm sure they have used other peoples secrets and therefore know how this works. The fact that she is power hungry makes her instantly suspicious. And that so many false accusations are swirling around is certainly not helpful. But those are allegations only.

At this point I don't trust Wikileaks one bit. First of all, they most likely get all their information from the Russians and Wikileaks certainly does not check if any information is correct or not. In this case especially. We know Russia and Assange don't want to see RHC in the White House. And talking about suspicious, the timing of the release of the oh so horrible speeches to Wallstreet bankers right after the pussy tape appeared was definately no coincidence.

3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Please someone enlighten me here:

Why doesn't Russia want Hillary to win? Is it because Putin and his administration are misogynistic?

First and foremost geopolitical interests. And of course the situation in regards to human and civil rights in Russia. Clinton has a very clear picture of what's going on. Trump has no idea or even worse, he doesn't care. I mean all his NATO talk.

1 minute ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

First and foremost geopolitical interests. And of course the situation in regards to human and civil rights in Russia. Clinton has a very clear picture of what's going on. Trump has no idea or even worse, he doesn't care. I mean all his NATO talk.

But my point is...and for a moment I don't want to talk about Hillary or Trump.. shouldn't America try to have better diplomatic relations with Russia. I don't like Russia at the minute.. I am actually very scared of it. But wouldn't things turn even worse if Hillary wins and Russia might even break all relations with the US giving way to something far worse than Trump being elected president? I mean we all know what is going to happen if Russia and America go to war against each other. I fear Hillary won't be able to call it truce with Russia.. Of course Trump is an idiot but what's going on with Russia at the minute is so alarming and dangerous we have to think of the bigger picture. 

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Geezus the US lol..he actually gained again in a new NBC/WSJ poll :#! She was up by 11 now up by 7. Still very good but shows he may f'king trending up again. She stayed at 46% while he gained 3 or 4 points. Lots will probably happen before the next debate. Whether it does or not, she *must to step up her damn game as others said here and put him AWAY already. Enough already. She's basically got this but consistently gets complacent when she's got a good lead. It should be a stellar unbreakable lead by now! 

Some expert on CNN explained why he is most definitely not going to win. Trump never exceeded a certain percentage. That percentage is basically the base of his voters. At no point during the whole election process he was able to go over that point. Even worse, he is currently below that number which means not even his very own base is fully supporting him. In addition to that he hardly has any swing states in the bag. The only swing state he may bring home is Florida and not even this is sure. The electoral map is so against him. The difference is way too large to change significantly with only 28 days left. Especially for a divisive figure like Trump. Of course you still have those theories that say the polls are completely false because Trump voters don't say they will vote for Trump out of fear they could be shamed for their vote. This theory is "interesting" considering that the general impression of Trump voters is that they are rather outspoken in their support of Trump. So why would they hide their vote?

3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

But my point is...and for a moment I don't want to talk about Hillary or Trump.. shouldn't America try to have better diplomatic relations with Russia. I don't like Russia at the minute.. I am actually very scared of it. But wouldn't things turn even worse if Hillary wins and Russia might even break all relations with the US giving way to something far worse than Trump being elected president? I mean we all know what is going to happen if Russia and America go to war against each other. I fear Hillary won't be able to call it truce with Russia.. Of course Trump is an idiot but what's going on with Russia at the minute is so alarming and dangerous we have to think of the bigger picture. 

Well, I would like to  argue that there is already something like a new Cold War. Considering what has happened during the U.N. refugee meetings last week I think diplomatic relations between the U.S, and Russia are already on halt. From my perspective the situation will not get better with Russia as long as Putin is still in power. It's not like Russia is having issues with the U.S. alone. The whole EU is basically in opposition to him. The problem with Putin is that he is very much the same breed as Trump. A narcissist of epic proportions. In his mindset Russia is still as powerful as the former Soviet Union. Since the whole Eastern Bloc is no longer existent they are looking for other places to gain influence. Which brings us to Syria. And of course many other countries on the African continent (just as China by the way, but they do it in a financial way not military). Looking for new allies comes up with some interesting developments. Which brings us to Turkey. A country that is more or less as isolated as Russia. And as always, if there are some that are excluded, they find the other even if they couldn't stand the other just 12 month ago because one shot down a military jet. Back to Russia, it seems pretty obvious that Russia is getting more aggressive recently. Well, it seems as if their financial situation is getting dire because of the international sanctions and the very low oil price which results in a massive deficit of income. Let's face it, Russia is not a superpower economically. Their industry is run down except for some joint ventures. There is no industrial growth really and they are heavily in debt. To be quite frankly, if Russia would not have nuclear weapons, they would be taken as seriously as Brazil (no offense). Again, I only see chances of improvement in relations once Putin is no longer president. But considering the political situation and the historical lack of democratic traditions in Russia I don't see any change in the near future.

BTW, Trump is already sowing the seeds of conspiracy again. Talking about "stolen elections". This man and his team of horrible people are doing so much harm to the U.S. society it's unbelievable. His propaganda (or shall I say the Breitbarts guy propaganda) is so obvious. At least for those who have open ears, eyes and mind. Too bad, his supporters can't see it. The more you look at it, the more you can see similarities to Germany in the 1930s. Kinda scary.

24 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Well, I would like to  argue that there is already something like a new Cold War. Considering what has happened during the U.N. refugee meetings last week I think diplomatic relations between the U.S, and Russia are already on halt. From my perspective the situation will not get better with Russia as long as Putin is still in power. It's not like Russia is having issues with the U.S. alone. The whole EU is basically in opposition to him. The problem with Putin is that he is very much the same breed as Trump. A narcissist of epic proportions. In his mindset Russia is still as powerful as the former Soviet Union. Since the whole Eastern Bloc is no longer existent they are looking for other places to gain influence. Which brings us to Syria. And of course many other countries on the African continent (just as China by the way, but they do it in a financial way not military). Looking for new allies comes up with some interesting developments. Which brings us to Turkey. A country that is more or less as isolated as Russia. And as always, if there are some that are excluded, they find the other even if they couldn't stand the other just 12 month ago because one shot down a military jet. Back to Russia, it seems pretty obvious that Russia is getting more aggressive recently. Well, it seems as if their financial situation is getting dire because of the international sanctions and the very low oil price which results in a massive deficit of income. Let's face it, Russia is not a superpower economically. Their industry is run down except for some joint ventures. There is no industrial growth really and they are heavily in debt. To be quite frankly, if Russia would not have nuclear weapons, they would be taken as seriously as Brazil (no offense). Again, I only see chances of improvement in relations once Putin is no longer president. But considering the political situation and the historical lack of democratic traditions in Russia I don't see any change in the near future.

I just don't like that country.. I mean of course it's Putin but there is something I can't put my finger.. I pray they're going to get rid of Putin ASAP... I don't trust him and I wonder what sort of consequences we are going to see if Hillary wins.. 

And yes economically Russia is next to nothing compared to America or the EU but his nuclear power is massive and surely they haven't wasted all the money on nuclear weapons for nothing. 

I have just read the next presidential election in Russia is going to take place in 2018 and who's to say Putin wants to leave his mark by creating conflicts and eventually give way to WW3. What Russia is doing in Syria is appalling. I'm sure if they don't stop and NATO will have to step in that will mean war.. 

For the damn friggin life of me WHY wouldn't someone just say to a damn pollster they're voting for Trump, Clinton or whoever! lol Who the fuck cares. I mean..I get/know there are some peculiar characters out there who..just for whatever the reason just won't say but I def think it's a very small minority esp at this late state of the game! Esp when basically every poll which samples different people and asks different questions. Just no way they're all dealing w/ anywhere near a majority of people 'ashamed' to admit they'll vote Trump lol. 

Anyways, you could basically feel, taste and smell her not only winning but I have a feeling they want to *destroy this fucker and his supporters (aka turn more than a few purple and esp red states blue) just to make a statement. 

According to the Fix's electoral vote tracker — an amazing tool that marries Real Clear Politics polling averages in swing states with the electoral map — if the election were held today, Hillary Clinton would win 341 electoral votes to Donald Trump's 197.

Those totals reflect the fact that Trump's always-narrow path to 270 electoral votes has become a footpath — at best — over the past two weeks or so, dating back to the first presidential debate Sept. 26. Trump has been battered over that time by bad reviews of his debates showings as well as the revelations of lewd sexual talk in a 2005 hot-mic video. His poll numbers have taken a commensurate hit — both nationally and in swing states. That hit is reflected in our weekly update of the Fix electoral map.

Pennsylvania, which we moved into the “toss-up” category last week, immediately moves back to “lean Democratic.” Of the five polls conducted in the state after the first debate, Clinton had led by four, eight, 12, nine and 10 points; her average lead, according to RealClearPolitics, is now 8.6 points.

That move is hugely significant for Trump's chances. Taking Pennsylvania's 20 electoral votes out of the “toss-up” category means he would literally need to run the table of the states remaining in that category — and then some — to win.

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Please someone enlighten me here:

Why doesn't Russia want Hillary to win? Is it because Putin and his administration are misogynistic?

Russia and Clinton basically disagreed on virtually EVERYTHING while she was Secretary of State. I won't go into details because you can't say anything remotely anti-American and remotely pro-Russian around here, but that's the short, easy answer.

But it has NOTHING to do with gay-rights or human rights or anything like that. Hillary could give two shits about that. 100% geopolitics. She will do anything to ensure that America continues to have the upper hand around the world for years to come and Russia and its allies are putting the US's world dominance into jeopardy. 

And like I've said before, Hillary has dedicated basically her ENTIRE life to America. She LOVES American and wouldn't mind knocking over a country or two or three or four or working with the devil (Saudi Arabia) to ensure that America continues to be the country it is. I think she's cold and evil but she will do everything humanly possible before allowing America to fall.

Trump, on the other hand,besides having 0 experience in public office,  I don't know what the fuck he believes in of if he even loves America. It seems like he just loves himself, grabbing pussy and his fuckable daughter, the one he talks about, not the other one he's never mentioned in public during this campaign.

15 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Russia and Clinton basically disagreed on virtually EVERYTHING while she was Secretary of State. I won't go into details because you can't say anything remotely anti-American and remotely pro-Russian around here, but that's the short, easy answer.

But it has NOTHING to do with gay-rights or human rights or anything like that. Hillary could give two shits about that. 100% geopolitics. She will do anything to ensure that America continues to have the upper hand around the world for years to come and Russia and its allies are putting the US's world dominance into jeopardy. 

you sum it all perfectly, i couldn't say it any better.

the American hegemony should fades away especially over Europe and the Middle East.

The Nato is a sexslave for USA.

4 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

And like I've said before, Hillary has dedicated basically her ENTIRE life to America. She LOVES American and wouldn't mind knocking over a country or two or three or four or working with the devil (Saudi Arabia) to ensure that America continues to be the country it is. I think she's cold and evil but she will do everything humanly possible before allowing America to fall.

Trump, on the other hand,besides having 0 experience in public office,  I don't know what the fuck he believes in of if he even loves America. It seems like he just loves himself, grabbing pussy and his fuckable daughter, the one he talks about, not the other one he's never mentioned in public during this campaign.

YES!!!!

I fucking love you 

Te quiero

te amo🌺

❤️️🙌🏻

If a Hillary Presidency can do things like raise the minimum wage ALL across America, appoint judges to overturn citizens united, and when it comes to healthcare provide a public option I will consider that alone a MASSIVE success as President.   Even if she manages 2/3 of those.

Okay we all theres TONS of gutter sleazy shit on Trump..prob waay more and nasty than we even imagine. Basically mid week so when are they gonna drop a new bomb already. He's going off the rails now yet firing up his base beyond belief, had a decent debate (for him) w/ a little bounce, more drip dripping from Wikileaks which is gaining media traction. Something else better poop out by the of the week. I don't want another 'drop' in the polls but a plummet by next week! Hope they truly know what they're doing here to a tee. I still get nervous when she's too quiet and he's dominating the news in any way to his benefit like all of late August and Sept. :/ 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
4 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

If I may:

Moscow solidified its hold on Crimea in April, outlawing the Tatar legislature that had opposed Russia’s annexation of the region since 2014. Together with Russian military provocations against NATO forces in and around the Baltic, this move seems to
validate the observations of Western analysts who argue that under Vladimir Putin, an increasingly aggressive Russia is determined to dominate its neighbors and menace Europe.
Leaders in Moscow, however, tell a different story. For them, Russia is the aggrieved party. They claim the United States has failed to uphold a promise that NATO would not expand into Eastern Europe, a deal made during the 1990 negotiations between the West and the Soviet Union over German unification. In this view, Russia is being forced to forestall NATO’s eastward march as a matter of self-defense.

The West has vigorously protested that no such deal was ever struck. However, hundreds of memos, meeting minutes and transcripts from U.S. archives indicate otherwise. Although what the documents reveal isn’t enough to make Putin a saint, it suggests that the diagnosis of Russian predation isn’t entirely fair. Europe’s stability may depend just as much on the West’s willingness to reassure Russia about NATO’s limits as on deterring Moscow’s adventurism.
(...)
In early February 1990, U.S. leaders made the Soviets an offer. According to transcripts of meetings in Moscow on Feb. 9, then-Secretary of State James Baker suggested that in exchange for cooperation on Germany, U.S. could make “iron-clad guarantees” that NATO would not expand “one inch eastward.” Less than a week later, Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev agreed to begin reunification talks. No formal deal was struck, but from all the evidence, the quid pro quo was clear: Gorbachev acceded to Germany’s western alignment and the U.S. would limit NATO’s expansion.

(...)

NATO’S widening umbrella doesn’t justify Putin’s bellicosity or his incursions in Ukraine or Georgia. Still, the evidence suggests that Russia’s protests have merit and that U.S. policy has contributed to current tensions in Europe.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-shifrinson-russia-us-nato-deal--20160530-snap-story.html

Guest CzarnaWisnia
3 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

NATO has been for years protecting and maintaining control over energy channels like pipelines. Big bucks. But it makes better headlines when you say it's about human rights.

6 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Russia's economy contracted in 2015 and 2016 but the WEF has a modest positive outlook for Russia for 2017, thanks in part to surging oil prices. If anything Russia's economy is stagnant, but it's not collapsing. AND their public debt is like 15% of their GDP. It's like 90% in France. And it's over 100% in the US. The US owes more than it produces. AND he's massively popular in his country. 

I'm not defending him, in fact, I think all these countries trying to show off the size of their dicks are fucking ridiculous, but painting this gloomy picture as if Russia were about to implode is just dumb. 

Putin is going nowhere whether anyone likes it or not and it's the West who's basically made all the compromises over the years, not Russia. 

4 hours ago, Skin said:

If a Hillary Presidency can do things like raise the minimum wage ALL across America, appoint judges to overturn citizens united, and when it comes to healthcare provide a public option I will consider that alone a MASSIVE success as President.   Even if she manages 2/3 of those.

Agree.  I just don't think she will do it.  She will be president, and I hope she gets minimum wage increased and a public option.  Those together would insure a great legacy (as long as she doesn't screw up in other areas). 

However, I don't think she really wants to overturn citizens united, lol.  Bernie did, but Hillary couldn't give a shit about that.