2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

2 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

I read that if Hillary wins Pennsylvania then he doesn't have a chance

lets hope that article is right

If she wins PA, he can only win by sweeping all the other swing states.

Anyway a new poll of early voters coming out of Florida looks VERY good for Hillary, she's up by 8 points. She wont win it by such a large margin but it's still a little encouraging.

Yeah saw that. Out all states if 28 friggin percent of Repubs, are voting for her (again in FL! lol) hopefully that's an outlier of what's to come with every other state. Cautiously optimistic. Just wish he didn't have all this clear momentum right this second. Media really needs to turn nuclear on him again soon w/ something big. Have a feeling that wish will come true anytime.  

I seriously, truly believe polls are fabricated by the media to make things as interesting as possible.Or, if they're not actively fabricating numbers, they're asking questions that are more like "who's doing a better job" or "who do you think is going to win" vs. "who are you going to vote for," which would've been the same number more or less throughout the entire election with small variables as the truly undecided make their final decision. 

Just look how everyone started reporting the FBI investigation and made it into something. Are we to believe that millions of people are all of a sudden not going to vote for Clinton because of a few headlines about basically the same thing that's been said about her for years now? 

And like I always say, there have been several moments throughout this whole mess where Trump was ahead of Clinton. Again, do millions of people wake up one day and just say "YOU KNOW WHAT, I WAS A CLINTON SUPPORTER YESTERDAY BUT TODAY I FEEL KIND OF TRUMPY." 

And lastly, how do polls calculate who's actually going to go out to vote? That's a huge factor in all of this. Voter turnout. If they just ask 1,000 people who they're going to vote for, how in the world is that indicative of who's actually going to vote? 

I don't know, I'm just sick of these polls. They mean nothing.

desperate! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/01/trump-reminds-early-voters-in-some-states-they-can-legally-change-their-votes-from-clinton-to-him/

Trump reminds early voters in some states they can legally change their votes from Clinton to him

By Jenna Johnson

Post Politics

November 1 at 8:39 PM

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. — Donald Trump made what he called a “public service announcement” during a rally in this college town on Tuesday evening, telling Wisconsin voters who cast early ballots for Democrat Hillary Clinton that they can legally change their votes.

“A lot of things have happened over the last three days,” Trump said at a rally in Eau Claire on Tuesday evening. “This is a message for any Democratic voters who have already cast their ballots for Hillary Clinton and who are having a bad case of buyer's remorse — in other words, you want to change your vote — Wisconsin is one of several states where you can change your early ballot if you think you've made a mistake. A lot of stuff has come out since you voted.”

Trump told the crowd that voters in Pennsylvania, Minnesota or Michigan can also change their early votes from Clinton to Trump. Trump's campaign circulated this information earlier in the day on Twitter, with his director of social media tweeting out phone numbers that voters in each state can call to change their vote.

The “a lot of stuff” that Trump is talking about likely includes the letter that FBI Director James B. Comey sent to lawmakers on Friday, announcing that he had become aware of additional emails that might be related to the investigation into the private email server that Clinton used while secretary of state. Trump has also been highlighting tidbits of information from emails related to Clinton that were released by WikiLeaks.

But it's unlikely that Trump's newest voter outreach effort will net many votes, as there's no evidence that many voters who were motivated enough to vote early will change their minds. A Washington Post-ABC News tracking poll released Sunday found that most voters didn't think Comey's letter would make them less likely to vote for Clinton — and two-thirds of those who said that it did were Republicans. A poll from Politico and Morning Consult had similar results.

Kim, sorry, but Brexit was different. I don't think people felt motivated to go out and vote. People against Brexit were kind of like meh, what a dumb piece of legislation, that's never going to pass, I rather go do something else. 

People in the U.S., even if so many people are turned off by Clinton or Trump, feel VERY motivated and VERY nervous about the direction the country is going in. Both sides feel like they have EVERYTHING to lose if their party doesn't win.

In the case of Trump, I think he's made it obvious according to every single comprehensive poll (the ones that break down numbers of demographics) that that man has done everything in power to turn off extremely important demographics,such as women. 

8 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

People here have shared that interview where she said she broke up with Hillary several times. 

I voted for Hillary in 2008 and now I think she's awful. I haven't told soul that I voted for her. LUCKILY I didn't pay for the shipping and handling. Some anti-Trump organization in Mexico paid it for me. Or else I wouldn't have voted.

7 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

anyone here from Finland that I can stay with? my anxiety levels are insane 

Ulizos in Mexico and its closer. Don't be picky. 

2 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

If she wins PA, he can only win by sweeping all the other swing states.

Anyway a new poll of early voters coming out of Florida looks VERY good for Hillary, she's up by 8 points. She wont win it by such a large margin but it's still a little encouraging.

Florida is unlikely coz of the Vanity thing.

It would not surprise me if Trump wins.  It would be horrific, embarrassing and shameful but never count out the stupidity and apathy of voters.  I have been stunned by the amount of people I have talked to who have said they want him to get in. Also factor in people who are racist, sexist and hate career politicians.  The fact that so many seem to admire him for not paying taxes for example is staggering. Working class people admiring a millionaire who does not pay tax. How crazy is that but it proves that he can be forgiven for anything.  Some women are not offended by him either despite his obvious disrespect for women that has been highlighted over and over.  I hope like mad he does not get in because he is a loose cannon and an obnoxious buffoon with dangerous and disgusting policies who just lies and flip flops all the time. 

1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

It would not surprise me if Trump wins.  It would be horrific, embarrassing and shameful but never count out the stupidity and apathy of voters.  I have been stunned by the amount of people I have talked to who have said they want him to get in. Also factor in people who are racist, sexist and hate career politicians.  The fact that so many seem to admire him for not paying taxes for example is staggering. Working class people admiring a millionaire who does not pay tax. How crazy is that but it proves that he can be forgiven for anything.  Some women are not offended by him either despite his obvious disrespect for women that has been highlighted over and over.  I hope like mad he does not get in because he is a loose cannon and an obnoxious buffoon with dangerous and disgusting policies who just lies and flip flops all the time. 

All of the above. Especially the working class part. They always say he is anti-establishment, anti-elite. From my perspective he is very much part of it. He say he is going to fine US companies for producing outside of the US when he himself produces much of his stuff in China. The very same China he bought his steel from because it was cheaper than US steel. He is speaking out against the banks. The very banks that kept his business alive for decades. How is that believable? He is telling lie after lie. It is so obvious that I cannot understand why people don't see it. Even Helen Keller would recognize. Make America great again? This man is making the USA the laughing stock of the world.

By the way, just yesterdays the BBC had a report from Okinawa fact checking Trumps suggestion that the US allies do not pay for US bases in their countries. Some may call it occupation. Like all the people of Okinawa who want the US forces gone. For political reasons? No. Because they cost Japan billions and billions of dollars. Because they basically pay for almost everything, from energy to water. Now one would believe that they are in favor for Trump. Not at all. While they said they'd be happy to see the troops go, they find Trump a horrible person and consider him a huge threat to humanity. I'm sure you will find the very scenario in most countries that the US has bases in.

In another report, they talked about people that are always kind of overlooked. Expats. There are around 9 million of them across the world. Usually only 10% of them vote. This year it is said the number is much much higher. And they are very much in favor of Hillary. Even those who consider themselves Republicans have issues with Trump. And quite frankly, those expats living in Europe, Canada or Australia (just to name the obvious examples) can see right through the lies he is talking about. Especially Healthcare and the demonizing of a state run health insurance or anything that is state run. Or the way those countries deal with globalization. While this may not be perfect, at least they don't live in denial of the reasons and blame everyone else but themselves. And of course immigration an refugees.

10 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Kim, sorry, but Brexit was different. I don't think people felt motivated to go out and vote. People against Brexit were kind of like meh, what a dumb piece of legislation, that's never going to pass, I rather go do something else. 

People in the U.S., even if so many people are turned off by Clinton or Trump, feel VERY motivated and VERY nervous about the direction the country is going in. Both sides feel like they have EVERYTHING to lose if their party doesn't win.

In the case of Trump, I think he's made it obvious according to every single comprehensive poll (the ones that break down numbers of demographics) that that man has done everything in power to turn off extremely important demographics,such as women. 

Well, I just mean in the respect that the vote is close, there may be an upset with the polls, and what won it for Brexit was a large swathe of dispossessed people coming out to vote against the establishment (or so they thought) I do think there will be an element of that there as well. Also, there was a hefty 72% turnout in the UK, the biggest for any sort of election in recent history. While the mindset where I am was "of course people won't be so stupid...." It turned out just enough people were.

Anyway, I just heard on the news that so far it's looking like the Reps are just a tiny bit ahead in Florida!

12 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

I seriously, truly believe polls are fabricated by the media to make things as interesting as possible.Or, if they're not actively fabricating numbers, they're asking questions that are more like "who's doing a better job" or "who do you think is going to win" vs. "who are you going to vote for," which would've been the same number more or less throughout the entire election with small variables as the truly undecided make their final decision. 

Just look how everyone started reporting the FBI investigation and made it into something. Are we to believe that millions of people are all of a sudden not going to vote for Clinton because of a few headlines about basically the same thing that's been said about her for years now? 

And like I always say, there have been several moments throughout this whole mess where Trump was ahead of Clinton. Again, do millions of people wake up one day and just say "YOU KNOW WHAT, I WAS A CLINTON SUPPORTER YESTERDAY BUT TODAY I FEEL KIND OF TRUMPY." 

And lastly, how do polls calculate who's actually going to go out to vote? That's a huge factor in all of this. Voter turnout. If they just ask 1,000 people who they're going to vote for, how in the world is that indicative of who's actually going to vote? 

I don't know, I'm just sick of these polls. They mean nothing.

They are making lots of money from a tight race. Romney vs. Obama was tight according to polls... until it wasn't. You hit the nail on the head. 

Exactly. Was absolutely a horse race even with Romney and Obama through election night! Remember Rove on Fox election night. :# This 'thing'/mess has become a super bowl, worldwide wrestling circus. ALL the networks are doing a bloody killing. Do they bankroll if they have Clinton up by 12 points? No. While it def feels like Trump has serious momentum and has every reason to still wouldn't be surprised if this is all still being surgically done to keep people hooked like crack cocaine lol. It's become the click-bait TMZ election. 

:scared:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-supporter-to-cnn-sexual-assault-victims-need-to-grow-a-set-get-over-it/

Trump Supporter to CNN: Sexual Assault Victims Need to ‘Grow a Set,’ ‘Get Over It’

November 2, 2016

CNN spoke to supporters of Donald Trump at an Eau Claire, Wisconsin rally Tuesday, and found that they are not bothered at all by accusations that he may have sexually assaulted and harassed up to a dozen women.

“Donald Trump really has the character of God: a loving, caring father,” one woman told CNN’s Randi Kaye. “Donald Trump is a man God chose for a time such as this.”

“I think we’ve all fallen short from what God expects,” said another.

When one woman was asked about Trump’s hot mic comments about “grabbing [women] by the pussy,” she protested that the press manufactured the issue. “Some of that the media has made it be worse than it is. It doesn’t bother me,” she said.

And yes, not even the allegations of sexually assault could sway their vote. “I think those women need to grow a set, personally,” said one female supporter. “You know, it’s been a lot of years. Get over it.”

The press conference was cancelled because of death threats. I guess she's afraid for her safety which is understandable. If you read the details of the case, it's pretty terrible. Apparently Trump raped and abused her at one of Jeffrey Epstein's parties and she has two witnesses to corroborate her story.

Anyway, it seems as though 538 is really risking their reputation on this election. I know that their model is more volatile than others, but I also feel they're overcompensating for how badly they were burned in the primaries.

CwS3Ch1XAAEjBxd.jpg

Actually the 538 truly feels the most accurate based the actions of her campaign, the media semi meltdown etc...In every way just doesnt feel like a slam dunk anymore like it did just 1 week ago. Dunno if it was the Obamacare hike or the FBI. Prob a mix of both but def think the Obamacare hike may have hurt way more than the FBI story. That mixed in Republicans abruptly flocking 'home' which isn't uncommon. Were seeing very typical #s now- almost identical to 2000-2012 again.  Both Clinton and the media know the spotlight needs to be on him again not her asap.