2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

27 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Yes but she's simply very unlikable and has a super tired, drama ridden name brand. One thing to be 'polarizing' and a dinosaur in politics but we all know if it was Biden or basically ANYone else regardless of the gender they would've put Trump away many months ago. Biden would've been pic. perfect for the state of the country now and to counter Trumps message and persona.

I also def blame the media. They are a MAIN reason we're even dealing with Trump. They're doing a killing w/ this tabloid sleazy shit while tearing the nation apart in the process as they bankroll w/ increased ratings. So they more or less created the Frankenstein known as Trump and are now trying to destroy him. At the same time I'm also pissed that the Dems subjected us to another Clinton when they clearly knew how awful she was. Yeah I voted for her and she'll prob win but I'm not at all gonna feel pumped up in the least over this woman. 

Absolutely nothing is certain in politics. Maybe Biden has some skeleton in the closet we don't know about. Candidates hire teams of people to dig up just about anything and use it to their advantage. 

Maybe, in an alternate universe, Biden would've been recorded saying FUCKING HILLBILLIES or WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE WORST and then he'd have to go on TV and apologize and then he'd be ruined. 

You never know. 

4 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Absolutely nothing is certain in politics. Maybe Biden has some skeleton in the closet we don't know about. Candidates hire teams of people to dig up just about anything and use it to their advantage. 

Maybe, in an alternate universe, Biden would've been recorded saying FUCKING HILLBILLIES or WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE WORST and then he'd have to go on TV and apologize and then he'd be ruined. 

You never know. 

haha just deleted my post as I was venting and meant what I said but wasn't in the mood to go back and forth w/ someone who truly loves Hillary here (I know there arent that many) lol. Yes youre right abt Biden...who the hell knows. Still dont think it would've been 1/2 as bad as anything Clinton. Word is...he was considering it but the Dems were actually concerned he'd be too gaffe ridden :/. Look at this this election. Yep, they f'ked up but they were def. thinking it was gonna be Jeb, Marco, Cruz etc...

5 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

haha just deleted my post as I was venting and meant what I said but wasn't in the mood to go back and forth w/ someone who truly loves Hillary here (I know there are that many) lol. Yes youre right abt Biden...who the hell knows. Still dont think it would've been 1/2 as bad as anything Clinton. Word is...he was considering it but the Dems were actually concerned he'd be too gaffe ridden :/. Look at this this election. Yep, they f'ked up but they were def. thinking it was gonna be Jeb, Marco, Cruz etc...

Biden is VERY likable. People like him and I think he's wonderful and it always makes me so sad to think about his son passing away. He would've made an excellent president.

BUT I rather just not look at the past and live in "what if" world. It's too depressing :lol:

Also based on some of the new Wikileaks even some on her own damn team/senior people were in a fog over some of her actions and claim she's sneaky or whatever! :# 

I think this whole likability with Hillary is such bullshit. What the hell do you want from her to make her likable? To smile more? To wear dresses instead of pantsuits? Like. what is it? What has she done to make her UN-likable? Like Uprah said, she isn't your friend and coming over to your house. 

Has this question, and I'm being serious here, EVER been asked about a man running for president? Did people say about Romney 'Oh, he isn't likable'. No, they didn't. 

This is where the campaign REEKS of sexism. It's like if a woman doesn't smile and give stupid arms in the air hugs to people, she isn't 'likable' or she's a bitch. The whole thing is just incredibly annoying. ESPECIALLY since she's up against Trump. I mean, for fucks sake, is HE likable? Does HE smile? He comes across like a god damn comic character who speaks like a 13 year old yet somehow he's more 'likable' than she is. Absolutely mind boggling. 

^ lol Trump is even MORE unlikable..100x times more so! He may be most disliked person in the world so she seems simply human compared to him ;P lol. 'Who' on earth even thinks he's likable :?? To a degree it may be sexism w/ some people but objectively I can see why many people just aren't feeling her. Look at Michelle Obama, Elizabeth Warren etc...They are fresh, seem authentic, charismatic, strong and easy to *connect with. I guess that's what I'm saying more than 'likable'. Hillary just seems disconnected and cold. I've always said the same thing about many men. Thought both Bushes were awful personalities with awful policies esp W. Mitt Romney was a textbook slimy  politician, country club elite a-hole and also disconnected. And yes that WAS said about him so take a Valium or 2 there :/ lol. . McCain was/ is also like sandpaper. Bottom line..I'm ultimately all about the policies. That's why I voted for her just like hardcore Republicans will only vote for Trump even though he's truly waay more shit :/ 

46 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Has this question, and I'm being serious here, EVER been asked about a man running for president? Did people say about Romney 'Oh, he isn't likable'. No, they didn't. 

Um, have you ever heard of John Kerry? Quite possibly the least charismatic and inspiring candidate EVER. There's no reason Bush should've won, but he won because people liked him. 

Here's an article from 2004: 

Who's more likeable, Bush or Kerry?

WASHINGTON (USATODAY.com) — At a prayer breakfast the morning after the third 1988 presidential debate in Los Angeles, Democratic candidate Michael Dukakis turned to Jesse Jackson and said, "Jesse, there's a new word in the political lexicon — 'likability.' "

The befuddled Dukakis was responding to critics who said the rather wooden Massachusetts governor lost the debate because he failed to project "likability" in his face-off with then-Vice President George H.W. Bush.

Critics referred specifically to his mechanical response when asked if he would favor the death penalty if his wife were raped and murdered.

Dukakis never got it. He believed being hardworking, honest, knowledgeable, experienced and articulate were the main qualifications for president. What's to like?

He lost, in large part, because he never connected on a personal level with most American voters. They found his dour, eat-your-peas personality hard to take.

Now, another son of Massachusetts, John Kerry, finds himself facing the likability hurdle as he runs for president. And a high one it is indeed.

President Bush, despite his many problems, strikes most of the American people as a pretty nice guy — the kind of guy they would feel comfortable with if he showed up at their front door. The more standoffish Kerry projects little warmth.

A recent Zogby/Williams Identity Poll reflected that. It found that 57% of undecided voters would rather have a beer with Bush than Kerry. (In Bush's case, it would be a nonalcoholic beer.)

While both were raised with silver spoons in their mouths and both went to Yale, Bush comes off as less pretentious and more down to earth. Kerry sounds like he is lecturing people rather than holding a conversation with them.

"Snob" is a word often used by people when asked how Kerry strikes them. "Nice guy" is the way many express their response to Bush.

Of course, detractors of Bush often describe him as "dumb" and "arrogant." And supporters of Kerry like to promote him as "smart" and "intelligent."

But for the most part, Bush is seen as the friendly neighbor next door. A new Pew Research Center Poll asked swing voters who comes off more as a "real person," Bush or Kerry? Bush won, 56% to 38%.

That's a plus. The vote for president, unlike balloting for mayor or governor, is as much a personal choice as it is an issue choice. Americans want to like their president as well as agree with him. They often will overlook differences on issues if they like or trust the person. Ronald Reagan, John F. Kennedy and Dwight Eisenhower are recent cases in point. Bill Clinton's likability helped him survive the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Something similar is going on with Bush. Many Americans are uneasy about the war in Iraq and the mounting death toll. But polls show they trust Bush more than Kerry to handle it. A lot of that has to do with personality. If they like you, Americans will give you the benefit of a doubt when things go bad.

How else can we explain why Bush is hanging in there and even pulling ahead in the polls when the news over the past eight months has been so bad?

People realized they liked Bush better when he faced off in the 2000 debates with then-Vice President Al Gore. Gore projected arrogance and rudeness as he tried to demonstrate his superior knowledge. Bush seemed more humble and more in touch with America, if less knowledgeable.

He indelibly reinforced it when he stood in the rubble of the Twin Towers on Sept. 14, 2001, threw his arm around the shoulder of a weary firefighter and shouted through a bullhorn to cheering rescue workers, "I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon!"

Kerry has a chance to close the likability gap in the upcoming debates, when Americans get to see the candidates side by side. It will be a critical moment of truth. The election could be riding on it.

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

^ lol thats the thing Trump IS even MORE unlikable..100x times more so! He may be most disliked person in the world so she does seem likable or simply human compared to him ;P lol. 'Who' on earth even thinks he's likable :??To a degree it may be sexism w/ some people but objectively I can see why many people just aren't feeling her. Look at Michelle Obama, Elizabeth Warren etc...They are fresh, seem authentic, charismatic, strong and easy to *connect with. I guess that's what I'm saying more than 'likable'. Hillary just seems disconnected and cold. I've always said the same thing about many men. Thought both Bushes were awful personalities with awful policies esp W. Mitt Romney was a textbook slick politician, country club elite and also disconnected. And yes that WAS said about him. McCain was/ is also like sandpaper. Bottom line..I'm ultimately all about the policies. That's why I voted for her just like hardcore Republicans will only vote for Trump even though he's truly waay more shit :/ 

People tend to forget how Hillary was treated by the media and other politicians long before she was secretary of state or before she even considered to run for president. Very dirty things were going on when Bill Clinton was POTUS. People think she is despised now. No, even back when she was first lady she was under the microscope for everything. By the media and republican politicians. Every time she wanted to do something good (may I remind people that universal healthcare for all American was actually her baby) she was outmaneuvered. Now add the whole Monica Lewinsky affair and how humiliating this was. Actually it was all very schizophrenic. Whenever she tried to do politics she was criticized. Whenever she played the housewife people were very much in favor of her. At some point you start to guard yourself and become very careful. The fact that she is a lawyer and used to be quite successful in her profession comes with a certain amount of calculation and precise wording. The interesting thing is that people who worked and work with her say she is a funny and lovable person.

Polls are constant migraines- Fox shows her 'declining' to a 3 point lead while the AP poll shows her widening to a 14 point ahead. Wtf! lol The only poll/site I really pay attention to is the 538. I think they're hands down truly *on it. 

Hillary is now campaigning for down-ballot candidates. She even said she doesn't want to respond to Trump anymore.

Do you really think that Hillary (who you blamed for hating taking risks) would take those kind of risks 2 weeks before election day if she wasn't sure to win the election?

Shes just WAY too confident. Cannot remember any campaign or candidate in semi recent memory being this super vocal and calling it a day or election year two weeks before it's over lol. Something devastating on Trump is hopefully brewing! ;)  

14 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

14695482_1310185722325784_25942554137520

Well this proves that he is not republican and the democratic party hijacked them & put this loon as an adversaire against Hillary to be able to win easily.

22 minutes ago, fuck yeah! said:

Well this proves that he is not republican and the democratic party hijacked them & put this loon as an adversaire against Hillary to be able to win easily.

He never said that.

On 10/25/2016 at 6:41 PM, ULIZOS said:

My sister was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 5 and she passed away from the disease when she was 21. I can say that my dad spent EASILY over one million dollars over her lifetime on medical expenses, despite my sister having some sort of insurance. My mom divorced my dad so she could apply for Medi-Cal (California's medicare program) because  my mom couldn't apply for my sister if she were married to my dad because he made too much money to qualify. The entire ordeal was a nightmare. 

And this shit should NEVER EVER HAPPEN.  So sorry about your sister, ULIZOS.  Single payer healthcare should be the way to go in the U.S. (and every other country too for that matter).  Healthcare should be a right.  It's a basic human right.

8 hours ago, Littlebastard said:

it's all fixed to be a tight race so the reps don't lose seats in the house c'mon people this whole obamacare 22% increase perfect timing!

it's fixed. The only thing i agree with Trump.

Hilary will win like Obama 4-5pts.

I may be 'fixed'. Whether it is or not Trump is/was just THAT god fking awful as a 'messenger'. If the same basic message was delivered by like..anyone else basically he or she would've actually had a serious shot! Hillary was beyond beatable and someone like a Trump is one of the very few she could beat. Say it again to a certain member here loud/clear (sexist mo' fo' me) hehe Hilary/'Billary Inc'. is NOT LIKABLE and brutally corrupt.That said, still happy she'll prob beat Trump. 

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I may be 'fixed'. Whether it is or not Trump is/was just THAT god fking awful as a 'messenger'. If the same basic message was delivered by like..anyone else basically he or she would've actually had a serious shot! Hillary was beyond beatable and someone like a Trump is one of the very few she could beat. Say it again to a certain member here loud/clear (sexist mo' fo' me) hehe Hilary/'Billary Inc'. is NOT LIKABLE and brutally corrupt.That said, still happy she'll prob beat Trump. 

I find it rich that people say she's such a terrible candidate. Sure, she's not an Obama, but we won't see a politician like that again in our lifetime. 

I mean, here's a woman who won her senate race with resounding margins, WON nearly as many popular votes as Obama in the primaries in 2008, WON again the primaries by a comfortable margin this past year. If the woman was such a weak candidate, wouldn't she have lost again this year? She has a MASSIVE base of voters unlike any other politician in America. It's almost as rabid as Madonna's fan base. :queenbitch:

Saw yesterday that if Marco got it he'd be 8 points ahead and Kasich would be 12 points ahead. Dunno about the rest but more than pretty sure most if not all would've been tied at the minimum. Out of all of them I would've slept semi okay w/ Kasich. Seemed to be semi decent overall, is a good governor and not obsessed w/ social issues. I basically hated the rest of them.