2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

17 hours ago, Moka said:
GOP Strategist Describes Panic For Republicans As Hillary Clinton ‘Trending Towards 400’ Electoral College Votes

I would LOVE to see this but not fully convinced it will happen though I HOPE I am wrong.

I think we will probably see somewhere between Obama's wins in 08 and 12 in terms of the electoral college.

Everyone knows that alleged unregistered sex offender Donald Trump loves bragging about being an extremely wealthy and “skilled” businessman, and has made this the centerpiece of his campaign. These claims, along with his entire campaign, are nothing more than blatant lies. Trump’s business empire has already proven its repeated failure with a long list of bankruptcies, deceptions, and defaults. To add to the proof, a business credit score was recently released for The Trump Organization, Inc.

Much like a credit score, business credit score reports offer a way to determine a company’s credibility by seeing how the business has handled past obligations and debts. A major business credit score organization, Nav, decided to run numbers for The Trump Organization, Inc., since there has been quite a bit of recent talk about Trump’s businesses.

According to Nav, as of Sept. 23, 2016, The Trump Organization, Inc. has a business credit score of 19 out of 100. This puts the Donald’s company more than 30 points below the national average, indicating that his organization is more than likely to default on credit payments and putting his business in a category of “medium to high risk.”

closeicon.png

‘Lenders may be more cautious when considering lending to the Trump Organization because it falls under a medium to high-risk category, and they will likely look into what credit factors are bringing down the score before they decide if the business is a viable borrower.’

Image via screenshot
Image via screenshot

This unsatisfactory score is based on having a tax lien, 23 credit accounts that are delinquent, three accounts in collections, and a court ruling. Other factors, which aren’t included in Nav’s reports, are the six bankruptcies Trump has had. His business still ranks at the very bottom, even without all his bankruptcies.

If you put Trump’s horrible business skills into perspective, the only reason why he has money today is because his father left him with an inheritance of $40 million in 1987.

Since then, the “businessman” has managed to lose almost a billion dollars. In all reality, if he would have used his inheritance to make smarter investments, he would be a richer man today.

Even if Trumpsters choose to look past Trump’s sexual assaults, lies, bigotry, war-mongering, and just plain foolishness, their candidate’s business score is one of the worst among American businesses, nearing the very bottom. Trump’s experience in business definitely proves that he is not responsible enough to be in the Oval Office.

47 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Can she win the election without Texas?

Texas is a given for republicans. I think all this shows is that for the first time in recent history that Texas is THAT close to going blue. 

Look at the electoral college projections... There's basically no way Trump can win at this point. Something massive and never seen before would have to happen in the next week. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 2.46.54 PM.png

She won't win Texas. But, she'll have a closer margin than any other Dem in recent history. The fact the Real Clear Politics has moved the state into toss up status is mind boggling. It just shows how many individuals are repulsed by Trump in even the reddest of states. 

Alaska, Utah, and Georgia are also within in striking difference if the wheels really come of the Trump train.

43 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

The Republican party will feel the Trump after effects long after this election he's done so much damage to the party 

10 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

No they won't. This will be long forgotten by the time the midterms come around. 

Two points:

Yes, they'll feel the effect of Trump's campaign for probably a generation. This isn't just an issue the republican party faces, but the country as a whole. What this man has done is single handily changed the political and social norms individuals have when running for public office. I look at him as gremlin that had water thrown on it. Sure, even if that Gremlin dies, they've given offspring to hundreds of mini Trumps for the foreseeable future. 

Trump isn't going away. Hannity isn't going away. Limbaugh isn't going away. When he loses, these voices will be more vile and vicious than ever before. 

As for the midterms, in 2 years? It will most certainly not be forgotten. The democrats will continue to remind voters of Trump alone. But to the extent it's a drag or boon has yet to be seen. If the republicans reject Trumpism completely, Trumpism will manifest itself in the form of another white nationalist for the mid terms who will more than likely win the primaries and election in non-presidential years. If anything, this could get much worse than what we've seen with Trump.

Trump Hotels Ditching Name For New Hotels

The new hotels will be called “Scion.”

Amidst reports that occupancy rates at Trump Hotels have slipped this election season, the company has announced that new brand hotels will no longer bear the Trump name.

The newest line of luxury hotels, geared towards millennials, will be called Scion, the company said.

“We wanted a name that would be a nod to the Trump family and to the tremendous success it has had with its businesses, including Trump Hotels, while allowing for a clear distinction between our luxury and lifestyle brands,” Trump Hotels CEO Eric Danziger said in a statement.

Although Trump Hotels has said the new name has nothing to do with the eponymous businessman’s presidential campaign, empty rooms at the hotels have caused officials “to reduce rates during the peak season," according to New York Magazine.

Nightly rates at the newly-opened Trump International Hotel in D.C. plummeted below $500 while practically every other five-star property was sold out for the International Monetary Fund conference two weeks ago. And after his remarks about Mexican immigrants, two celebrity chefs backed out of their contracts to open a restaurant in the hotel.

According to Hipmunk, bookings at Trump Hotels plummeted 59 percent during the first half of 2016 and data from Foursquareshows a 17 percent drop in foot traffic at Trump properties since June 2015, when the reality TV star announced his presidential bid.

Trump Hotels, however, refutes the analysis.

“Our business at Trump Hotels is stronger than ever and we are incredibly excited about the future of Scion, the newest brand in our hotel portfolio,” Ivanka Trump, who is the executive vice president of development and acquisitions for the brand, said in a statement.

“The data reported by both Hipmunk and Foursquare is manipulated to appear meaningful, when, in reality, the information is inconsequential and does not provide an accurate representation of our performance,” a Trump Hotels spokesperson told Travel + Leisure.

Scion is expected to open as a four-star “lifestyle brand” in cities and resort towns. The press release announcing the brand repeatedly mentioned creating a sense of community and engaging visitors in a social club-like atmosphere, in the vein of Soho House.

This article has been updated with comment from Trump Hotels.

:lmao:

I'm 50/50 at best that this will be 'forgotten' anytime soon. Yes, many Americans have possibly the worst attention spans of anyone anywhere but it's ALL gonna come down to if he loses really big. While I would love this thing to end today even if it's just a few friggin %, part of me feels the Clinton machine wants to come close to slaughtering him and the GOP and prob. will release the 'even worse' videos, tapes or whatever it is this week or next to ensure it happens. Way too many people said worse oppo is coming. They've just been too quiet and the leaks from Wiki keep coming. Plus, Florida starts early voting tomorrow. Almost like you can feel the tremors before the huge earthquake lol. 

Yup, the entire Trump brand ESP in non redneck states and logo in my mind and most is almost equal to a stinky smelling swastika :# He's toast far as any blue or purple major cities. Basically have no doubt his only hope now is to go full bat shit crazy with an alt right media empire. 

4 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I'm 50/50 at best that this will be 'forgotten' anytime soon. Yes, many Americans have possibly the worst attention spans of anyone anywhere but it's ALL gonna come down to if he loses really big. While I would love this thing to end today even if it's just a few friggin %, part of me feels the Clinton machine wants to come close to slaughtering him and the GOP and prob. will release the 'even worse' videos, tapes or whatever it is this week or next to ensure it happens. Way too many people said worse oppo is coming. They've just been too quiet and the leaks from Wiki keep coming. Plus, Florida starts early voting tomorrow. Almost like you can feel the tremors before the huge earthquake lol. 

Agree the worst is yet to come. From both sides.

But, @ULIZOS has a point. Let's remember that Bush's popularity was like 25% when left office, the economy was in a free fall, the incompetence of his administration was breathtaking. Obama won states that hadn't voted republican in generations and by 7% nationally. 

Then the midterms of 2010 happened.

So, we really should never underestimate the attention span of the American voter. 

People in 2010 had somehow forgotten that the economy was contracting and spiralling out of control and hundreds of thousands of jobs had already been lost well before Bush left office. It was somehow Obama's fault by the midterm elections rolled around. 

You think people are going to care in 2018 about Pussy gate? If anything NO MATTER what happens they'll be saying YOU SEE WE SHOULD'VE BUILT THAT WALL or something else stupid white people always come up with every election cycle (no offence, white people). 

lol I def agree. Most Americans impulsively leap forward vs. even attempting to take a step back whenever there's crisis or any drama. Esp now after Trump, all his lunatics are gonna emulate his 'way' of thinking/dealing with basically everything. THAT to me is the scariest thing abt. this entire election. He truly is the biggest shit stain con job the country has possibly ever seen. And he couldn't care less. Since from day one, was only about him and will continue to be until he finally topples over or all that orange cloggage of rage finally causes him to explode. 'Something' will happen in the US again. Just a matter of when not if. Of course, the first thing people..too many people will obsess over is the f''king wall not being built.

On a different note...what the hell is up w/ that LA Times and Investors Daily Business poll? Why the hell do those 2 continue to show a dead heat (or him ahead!) while every other one shows she's well ahead? Guess that's a bit concerning since I believe those 2 polls were actually very accurate in 2012 :/ Hopefully they're just Trumpbot polls. 

17 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

On a different note...what the hell is up w/ that LA Times and Investors Daily Business poll? Why the hell do those 2 continue to show a dead heat (or him ahead!) while every other one shows she's well ahead? Guess that's a bit concerning since I believe those 2 polls were actually very accurate in 2012 :/ Hopefully they're just Trumpbot polls. 

The LA Times poll is a tracking poll. It polls the same people every week and their initial sample was skewed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/upshot/a-favorable-poll-for-donald-trump-has-a-major-problem.html?_r=0

15 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

The LA Times poll is a tracking poll. It polls the same people every week and their initial sample was skewed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/upshot/a-favorable-poll-for-donald-trump-has-a-major-problem.html?_r=0

Right, both aren't very credible on any level. 

They poo poo'd the turnout in 2012 too and we know what happened there. 

^ why doesnt the damn dopey DNC play videos like that in her ads along w/ ALL the major senators trying to defend their seats now dissing Trump during the primaries (*Rubio, Ayotte etc..)! The most effective things they've used against him are his own words (and others) and actions. I'm already numb/indifferent to seeing and hearing abt the friggin Kahns, Mexicans/rapists, slobs, dogs, disabled NYT reporter. etc..zzz. 

Well good to know that I guess about those few polls. Not surprised. Was just a bit concerned 'cause I read they or one of them was one of the best 4 years ago. Anyway, oomg that Conway witch came out of 'hiding' lol and whored around all the news networks today and looks like the Crypt Keeper just with long blonde hair. :blink:Her eyes and tone/demeanor looked defeated and dead :# Just wait till her check bounces! LOL

Yes she did but he and his 'surrogates' are the lowest and serial manipulative liars I've ever seen. Conway esp. (unlike most of rambling loony tune surrogates) is truly no dummy, She's very cunning and calculated. While he prob. is down..possibly way down in the polls..whatever it is, wouldn't at all be surprised (even if it's due to desperation) she's simply saying this to fire up his base and hoping to depress Dem turnout which I still think could happen! That's a fear a lot of us have. Even if they're 'down' Rethugs positively show up and will more than ever this year! It's the bitter, angry straight white man and women's last stand. Dems def. get complacent. 

53 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Conway admitted they are not doing well she has nothing else to say can't spin it anymore 

Saw it too. I was surprised of how lenient she seemed. She looked really relieved that the interview was shortened. Most of his employees are just winging it at this point and preparing themselves for the day after this shit is over.