MadonnaNation.com Forums
XXL

BREXIT / British Politics thread

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Those newspaper headlines are disgusting.  It makes me sick seeing that.  Not only incredibly biased but also amateurish and like a hate newsletter. 

1 hour ago, mnino said:

I  thought our press was bad but I have to hand it to the UK. Even FoxNews and MSNBC couldn't get away with this.

Those were the English editions. Let's have a look at the Scottish versions...

DBwLsJfXcAQ3ZfA.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

DBv6Y_jXYAAJkCO.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Why are they so determined to ignite such right wing hatred in the English versions I wonder? Yet pretty civilised here?

And yes, that's the SAME SUN that's telling voters in England that the evil SNP will do a deal with evil Corbyn and so better vote Tory while at the same time endorsing the SNP and slagging the evil Tories in Scotland!

Not really politics but some good news all the same (to add to more good news later I hope)

I always fancied a CHURCH WEDDING :sassy:

Scottish Episcopal Church approves gay marriage

The Scottish Episcopal Church has voted to allow gay couples to marry in church.

It makes it the first major Christian church in the UK to allow same-sex marriages.

The vote to amend canon law on marriage, removing the stipulation that it is between a man and a woman, was carried by the Synod in Edinburgh.

It means that gay Christians from any Anglican Church can now ask to be married in a Scottish Anglican Church.

Clergy who wish to officiate at gay marriages will have to "opt-in".

The church said this meant that those who disagreed with gay marriage would be protected and not have to act against their conscience.

But the vote to allow same-sex marriage - which required the backing of at least two thirds of each house of Bishops, Clergy and Laity - has left the church at odds with most of the rest of the worldwide Anglican Communion.

Passionate debate

At last year's Synod, members of the Church agreed to send the issue for discussion to its seven dioceses.

Six of them voted in favour of amending the law. Only Aberdeen and Orkney voted against the proposal.

Same sex marriage became legal in Scotland at the end of 2014 but the Church of Scotland and the Roman Catholic Church opposed the move.

The issue has provoked passionate debate within the Anglican Communion. Bishops in Africa and Asia who stand firm on the issue are growing in influence and have formed an organisation - Gafcon, and it may hasten a split in the communion, with power moving south to the churches of Africa.

:scotland: :scotland: 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Why are they so determined to ignite such right wing hatred in the English versions I wonder? Yet pretty civilised here?

And yes, that's the SAME SUN that's telling voters in England that the evil SNP will do a deal with evil Corbyn and so better vote Tory while at the same time endorsing the SNP and slagging the evil Tories in Scotland!

Is that how the Brexit campaign was covered? If so, I can see how the "yes" vote won. 

15 minutes ago, mnino said:

Is that how the Brexit campaign was covered? If so, I can see how the "yes" vote won. 

FOREIGN.jpg.9d160700eb3d7901ea147cf11d1e321a.jpgrefugees2.jpg.6fbe9f0ed425c4242133b10f120353b0.jpgrefugees.jpg.6cc774410301d153b76026e097e8c670.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

FOREIGN.jpg.9d160700eb3d7901ea147cf11d1e321a.jpgrefugees2.jpg.6fbe9f0ed425c4242133b10f120353b0.jpgrefugees.jpg.6cc774410301d153b76026e097e8c670.jpg

:scared:

That's awful. 

Dear billionaire owners of the shitty UK media, Corbyn is not Satan or Hitler's love child. Just someone who might make you PAY SOME TAX 

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Those were the English editions. Let's have a look at the Scottish versions...

DBwLsJfXcAQ3ZfA.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

DBv6Y_jXYAAJkCO.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Corbyn is looking sexy these days isn't he? 

20 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Corbyn is looking sexy these days isn't he? 

Unfortunately Uncle Jezza can't overcome the fact that Scottish Labour are a bunch of arseholes that would rather support a Tory than the SNP  (who do indeed have more in common with Corbyn than his own party) and are led by one silly bitch with a silly name...Kezia Dugdale aka Deputy Dug.That's why I've voted....

I bet YOU voted Tory :queenbitch:

30 minutes ago, promise to try said:

no news about the elections yet?

Two hours until the polls close. The exit poll will be released then and will probably be accurate.

17 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

giphy.gif

:sassy: Seriously though, why would any self-respecting gay vote for this horrible old bitch!

C91rF3wXgAAcCVE.jpg

But to get back on topic, Jezza really fulfils my 'older man' fantasies these days. Unfortunately I'm too old in the game now to be playing that.

36 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

But to get back on topic, Jezza really fulfils my 'older man' fantasies these days. Unfortunately I'm too old in the game now to be playing that.

:madno:                                   :madno:  :madno:  :madno:         :madno:

:madno:                                   :madno:                 :madno:         :madno:

:madno: :madno: :madno:        :madno:  :madno:  :madno:         :madno: :madno: :madno:

:rotfl: just woke up as 6.31 am here and now have Corbyn and Janet Jackson images in my head !  

I hope he wins though.  Have turned on sky news which have a channel devoted to the UK election. Watched the Trump one in horror so hope this is wildly different.  

So the exit poll shows a Tory win BUT without an overall majority and with less seats than when they started. Interesting so far...

drinking.gif

Just seen that some Exit polls are predicting a Hung Parliament !  

I'm trying to work out if there could be a progressive alliance with the other parties. The numbers are dodgy.

But if this is accurate then LOL at May's gamble not paying off. In fact her position as Tory leader might even be untenable.

:thumbsup: Headlines on the bottom of the screen are " Complete Catastrophe for Theresa May"  

I knew it. Hung it is.

Hang them all (tories) by the cornhole while you're at it...

4 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

I knew it. Hung it is.

Hang them all (tories) by the cornhole while you're at it...

Imagine Theresa May's face !  Smug look wiped right off her face now.