MadonnaNation.com Forums
XXL

BREXIT / British Politics thread

12 hours ago, Kim said:

Oh GOLLY GOSH. I can't stop giggling at our glorious leaders shocking and appalling admission of the NAUGHTIEST THING she ever did in a new groundbreaking interview.

Etchingham: What’s the naughtiest thing you ever did?

May: Oh, goodness me. Well, I suppose… gosh. Do you know I’m not quite sure. I can’t think what the naughtiest thing…

Etchingham: There must’ve been a moment when…

May: Well, nobody is ever perfectly behaved, are they? I mean, you know, there are times when… I have to confess, when me and my friend, sort of, used to run through the fields of wheat, the farmers weren’t too pleased about that.’

OMG Theresa will be the death of me!  I'll need to try that one myself.... RUNNING THROUGH FIELDS OF WHEAT! 

:megamanson:

:lmao:

Come on Theresa, no need to be so modest, you have done MUCH WORSE than that

And the arrogance of telling people that "we will change those laws to keep you safe" *sells a few more cluster bombs to King Salman to bomb the living shit of those poor Yemeni children". While Wahabi and Salafi terrorists are trained and armed to the teeth and allowed into the UK from that very same country to unleash their perverse violence on more innocent people. She's basically saying "you have no rights, we will change the laws regardless". What a nasty abusive witch

THE QUEEN HAS SPOKEN:

nicola-sturgeon.jpg

Nicola Sturgeon says ‘difficult’ Theresa May will struggle with Brexit talks

Nicola Sturgeon has said that Theresa May is a “very difficult person to establish rapport with” and someone whose character is such that will she will struggle in Brexit negotiations.

The First Minister of Scotland, who is also leader of the Scottish National party, said she did not know the prime minister well enough to know “whether I like her or not” but claimed that in professional dealings May compared unfavourably with her predecessor as Conservative leader.

“OK, we’re miles apart politically but then so too were David Cameron and I, but we still managed to find a way of working that respected each other’s positions. We found a way of being civil,” she said.

Sturgeon said she believed the public were now witnessing the types of frustrations she had felt in recent meetings with May, in which she found the prime minister very difficult to engage with. “You literally go into a one-to-one with her and it’s like she’s reading from a script than having a conversation.”

She said that dealing with critical situations such as Brexit or the recent terror attacks required politicians to build a “working relationship that completely transcends any political differences”.

She said the Scottish people should vote again on whether to break away from the UK “when the [Brexit] deal is done, when we know the relationship, not just the divorce deal, but the relationship between the UK and the EU moving forward.

“Theresa May has said explicitly – and I readily concede there’s a lot of scepticism about this – but she has said that that will be before the UK exits in spring 2019. Which is why I have talked in that timeframe, 

She said she realised that European figures had different ambitions for when trade talks would be complete, adding: “I think in all honesty none of us actually know at the moment.” she added: “Once you know the terms of the relationship. It has got to be an informed choice for people.”

Sturgeon also hit out at May for distracting politicians from the Brexit talks and then basing her election campaign on the urgency of negotiations starting 11 days after Thursday’s vote. “Did she only find that out after she called the election? It does seem a pretty bizarre argument to underline the importance of the Brexit negotiations and the imminence of the start of the negotiations when she took the decision to call an election that has dominated, presumably, her time and everyone else’s time for the past two months.”

The SNP leader argued that the Tory campaign had “descended into complete farce” when the prime minister refused to take part in television debates because she was busy preparing for Brexit. “Come on,” she said.

She said Tory plans to crack down on free movement would be extremely damaging for Scotland, and had been something she had tried to raise with the UK government. “You get from Whitehall a sort of nodding of the head, recognising the problem, but a brick wall when it comes to any kind of contemplating the solution.”

She also said she had been “astounded” by how unprepared May had been for the election campaign, in which the Tories have faced a backlash over social care plans.

“I think almost regardless of the outcome, [May is] going to come out of this election weakened. I can’t believe that she’s doing anything other right now than wishing she hadn’t called the election in the first place,” she said.

Sturgeon is basing her campaign on a call for a progressive alliance north of the border that she hopes will see the SNP squeeze the Labour and Liberal Democrat vote. “We were first or second in every constituency in the country – a vote for Labour or the liberals in Scotland risks splitting the anti-Tory vote. In some constituencies it risks letting a Tory MP in the back door.”

However, asked if that meant SNP voters should vote for Labour in places where it was better set to win, for example in the Edinburgh South seat which has been held by Ian Murray, she said: “No, they should vote SNP.” She argued her party could win that seat.

She also said it was not for her to advise people outside Scotland how to vote, but did hint at a preference for tactical voting in other parts of the UK. “If you are asking me what people who want to defeat a Tory government should do then look at how best to defeat a Tory MP.”

However, Sturgeon was clear that her party wanted to drive Labour out of Scotland, where they have described it as a two-horse race between themselves and the Conservatives.

She depicted Scottish Labour as cosying up to the Tories on an anti-independence ticket, and also questioned whether it represented the national party. 

“Scottish Labour have until very recently been of the view that Jeremy Corbyn has been the worst thing ever,” she said, adding that her politics were closer to the Labour leader’s than Kezia Dugdale’s on a number of policies.

Sturgeon said the SNP was holding up well, saying it was laughable for critics suggest that it was “apocalyptic that after 10 years in government that your party ratings have gone as low as 41% … let’s just get real here”.

C_dubqYXsAEPkNM2.jpg

QUEEN OF BABIES

DBZi1o0XYAEgZVj3.jpg

QUEEN OF TODDLERS

NIC3.jpg

QUEEN OF KIDS

C-wq3dFXoAAMUKu5.jpg

QUEEN OF TEENS

123.jpg

QUEEN OF PENSIONERS

Nicola_Sturgeon_HM.jpg

QUEEN OF THE GAYS

women3.jpg

QUEEN OF WOMEN

ECWE00057008_1.jpg

QUEEN

Guys someone explain to me how betting works. I don't understand it. 
I'm a homosexual I don't set foot in such places. 
But I want to place bets on the election tomorrow. What do you do when you walk in?

26 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Guys someone explain to me how betting works. I don't understand it. 
I'm a homosexual I don't set foot in such places. 
But I want to place bets on the election tomorrow. What do you do when you walk in?

Call yerself Irish? :pinkwink:

Walk in, pick up a blank betting slip, look up at the screens to see the odds. Write down what your predicted outcome is (Labour win overall majority in UK general election :bad:) Write down the odds from the screen and circle them (to prevent tampering) Write down how much you are betting on the slip and in the box at the bottom. Take it to the till.

OR

Do it online.

21 hours ago, Kim said:

CRANK UP Project Fear, Tories! Crank it up!

DBq7GUNXYAAhFf7.jpg DBqwiktUAAAbFSR.jpg

They're a disgrace. Their agenda is so transparent I don't even understand who they're trying to fool. They're the lowest of the lowest. 

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

They're a disgrace. Their agenda is so transparent I don't even understand who they're trying to fool. They're the lowest of the lowest. 

Daily Mail devotes 13 pages to attack on Labour 'apologists for terror'

Tabloid claims ‘Jeremy Corbyn and his closest associates have spent their careers cosying up to those who hate our country’

The pre-election edition of the Daily Mail devoted 13 pages to attacking Labour,  Diane Abbott and John McDonnell under the headline: “Apologists for terror.”

The tabloid urged readers to support the Conservatives in an editorial on its first and second pages but concentrated its fire on Labour’s leadership, compiling hostile anecdotes dating to the 1970s.

The Sun, which endorsed Theresa May and the Conservative party, ran a front-page story under the headline “Jezza’s Jihadi Comrades”. The newspaper reported that Corbyn had delivered an “incendiary speech” at a demo that was attended by followers of the Islamic clerics Anjem Choudary and Omar Bakri Muhammad.

In its editorial encouraging readers to vote for the Conservatives, the Sun said that Britain would be a “global laughing stock” if Corbyn was elected prime minister.

The newspaper, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp, said: “This is not the moderate Labour of Tony Blair. It is not the Labour of Kinnock or even Miliband. Your vote would be to install Britain’s first Marxist government.

“A generation after the end of the Soviet Union, the dismantling of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of almost every ruinous and oppressive hard-Left regime worldwide, you would be helping to establish a new one, right here in Britain. It would be the gravest mistake this country has ever made.”

Other press endorsements for the Conservatives came from the Financial Times, the Daily Telegraph and the Times. Labour has won the support of the Daily Mirror and The Guardian, with the Economist supporting the Liberal Democrats.

:banghead: Rupert Murdoch is the most destructive, biased, evil person in the media. That is because he owns so much of the media.  He continually pushes his own ideas, agendas and heartless views everywhere. His own mother was horrified how he turned daily newspapers into tabloids. He is the creature from Hell who runs The Sun, The NY post, Fox News - just some examples. He does the same thing in Australia and always endorses the conservatives and runs smear campaigns against politican's and celebrities with views towards the left. His papers have also trashed Madonna relentlessly since the 80's. 

At the moment, his papers and right wing columnists are all defending that vile Margaret court for her comments. They continually publish letters from people who love Trump and Brexit which he endorsed totally.  The damage he does to the media can never be under estimated. 

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

This should be on the news

What, on the news that they OWN? Even the BBC is Tory central now.

Anyway we had our chance to get Murdoch after the phone hacking scandal. Not one person got punished and it might as well of never happened and  now he's on the cusp of taking full control of SKY and turning it into FOX NEWS UK.

All the polls are showing 10 point Tory leads now :evil:

Thoughts on a Westminster Election.

Westminster all seems a bit distant from us.

How many Unionists feel like that now, what with Brexit, cold Secretaries of State and a Prime Minister who doesn't appear to take much interest in the place.

Coming across yet another Royal yesterday in the person of Princess Anne prompted the remark that with so many recent Royals visiting, were they filling the vacuum created by a disinterested Prime Minister? By the way, I'm not a monarchist.

It'll be interesting to see the turnout percentages this time. A low turnout might indicate apathy to Westminster and its 'distance' from us here.

5 hours ago, Kim said:

What, on the news that they OWN? Even the BBC is Tory central now.

Anyway we had our chance to get Murdoch after the phone hacking scandal. Not one person got punished and it might as well of never happened and  now he's on the cusp of taking full control of SKY and turning it into FOX NEWS UK.

All the polls are showing 10 point Tory leads now :evil:

The way he plotted with Rebekah Brooks to get her to take the blame thus taking any attention away from himself in the phone hacking scandal was disgraceful.  Then worked on making her a victim, getting her acquitted and now he rewards her more than ever. Such a disgusting cunning lot who just slither out of anything. 

Why does this Blairite Billionaire hate the only progressive party in Scotland I wonder? Obviously a reluctant Labour supporter with NO mention of Corbyn ever on her twitter. Otherwise known as a Red Tory. 

And now a real author...

Speaking of Balirites, Here's Tony Blair's chum (LABOUR PM who took the UK into an illegal war with Iraq lest we forget) urging people NOT TO VOTE LABOUR :madgemanson:

33 minutes ago, Kim said:

Why does this Blairite Billionaire hate the only progressive party in Scotland I wonder? Obviously a reluctant Labour supporter with NO mention of Corbyn ever on her twitter. Otherwise known as a Red Tory. 

And now a real author...

Never knew that about JK Rowling.  :cries:  I have always loved her tweets destroying Trump and just assumed she would be in favour of the SNP.  

41 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Never knew that about JK Rowling.  :cries:  I have always loved her tweets destroying Trump and just assumed she would be in favour of the SNP.  

Politically, she's a weird one. Doesn't say much about May, always going in on Trump (and playing to her audience) Dislikes the SNP which is fine as she's a Labour supporter, but very much New Labour who are very much anti-Corbyn. She actually is the elusive "Leftie Elite" that everyone goes on about and that have done so much damage to the REAL left wing, which is why we're all in this right wing hellhole.

Being Labour, she should really be outraged by what's going on. Today's newspapers...

DBx-wCfWsAEyXy.jpg.jpg

DBx-wCNXkAALxfd.jpg

DBx-wCXWsAAAX4A.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Politically, she's a weird one. Doesn't say much about May, always going in on Trump (and playing to her audience) Dislikes the SNP which is fine as she's a Labour supporter, but very much New Labour who are very much anti-Corbyn. She actually is the elusive "Leftie Elite" that everyone goes on about and that have done so much damage to the REAL left wing, which is why we're all in this right wing hellhole.

Being Labour, she should really be outraged by what's going on. Today's newspapers...

DBx-wCfWsAEyXy.jpg.jpg

DBx-wCNXkAALxfd.jpg

DBx-wCXWsAAAX4A.jpg

The factions within the Labour party are so damaging to their own cause.  

Those newspaper headlines are disgusting.  It makes me sick seeing that.  Not only incredibly biased but also amateurish and like a hate newsletter. 

23 minutes ago, Kim said:

DBx-wCfWsAEyXy.jpg.jpg

DBx-wCNXkAALxfd.jpg

DBx-wCXWsAAAX4A.jpg

I  thought our press was bad but I have to hand it to the UK. Even FoxNews and MSNBC couldn't get away with this.

Disappointed with Rowling.  She's so intelligent,  yet that tweet makes zero sense.  

No matter what happens in Northern Ireland we will never vote for our own government. 

We will always be represented by either a Tory government who do stand here and receive as little amount of votes as a party can get, or by a Labour government who although are far better in my opinion, will be unelected by us.

The fact that the only way we can have a democratic referendum on the unification of Ireland is through one man, unelected by anyone whatsoever in Ireland (SoS) is a disgrace. I understand why however, because at the time of the GFA we needed a way for Unionists, Nationalists and the British and Irish governments to agree, and a way to a united ireland for nationalists but ambiguous enough for unionists to agree sounded necessary then, but is outdated now as there is a clear rise in support for a united ireland and Irish unity parties.

And even if the person I vote for gets in to Westminster will they have any actual say on how **** is run? Even in the debates every country was represented except NI.

Furthermore, take into consideration the fact that a functioning democracy requires a politically literate electorate and a fair and free press.

Western Democracy is the biggest cons in the history of civilisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9rGX91rq5I&t=27s

I feel like it's just a huge stupid popularity contest - no different from the hype of X Factor, or Eurovision, or even Dancing with the Stars..... Brainwashed from birth a lot of the time to believe my team not yours...... just like supporting the local football team. 

And you could say, oh well, people should educate themselves more and no the facts and make informed decisions but the system is set up in such a way that the more informed you are, the more powerless you realise you are - there are only 2 choices really in terms of practical control of the country; your MP isn't representing you, they're representing their party ideology that has nothing to do with you. 2 flavours of political ideology....... is nothing, no choice at all.

I think voting on issues no longer has to be through a middle-man MP. In today's world of electronic systems, more issues should not be handled as MP votes in parliaments, but as direct votes by the people themselves. MP are meant to be representing the views of the individuals in their constituencies but often they don't, they are instead told what to vote by the party itself........ We don't need that because today, we can all have our say directly using technology. We don't need to have our individual views filtered through or overridden by pre-determined party ideologies.

For the big issues anyway. This way people do feel more impactful on policies, will probably take more time to understand fully the issues and it would mean that the country would be better served to educate people properly and no just pandering PR talk to "trick" people into thinking this serves them better than that.