BREXIT / British Politics thread

XXL

On 29/5/2017 at 11:18 PM, jonski43 said:

Not much chance of him running the party. They've only got one MP and they look set to lose that one. This was a one policy party and now we're leaving the EU, they are over.

The gap between Labour and Conservatives has narrowed - May messed up with her social care policy big time and looks like the liberal voters are moving to Labour.

The BBC had an article about how if the young who didn't turn out for Brexit had actually voted, would it have affected the outcome and actually they said it might not have as many would be voting in areas that were Remain anyway. There's been a rise in people registering to vote but, in reality, it only comes down to a few constituencies that will affect the outcome of the election. I live in a Labour stronghold so it doesn't matter if I vote Liberal or Labour. 

Do you think Corbyn may actually take over? I thought it was a given May will end up winning by a large margin. Interesting

I agree on many of the issues Corbyn doesn't seem to toe the company line on but he sounds like he lacks character and conviction many times

So, Theresa May wouldn't go to the BBC Leaders' Debate tonight because it would be a distraction from preparing for Brexit negotiations.

This, from the woman who called the election!! Surely that was the real distraction, not a couple of hours of debate.

Better still, David Davis, her Brexit secretary, is at the debate observing and commenting. Surely he should be concentrating on Brexit

Corbyn would probably be great for Northen Ireland too. I feel bad I don't know enough about him though

It says a lot about how our politics in Northern Ireland has been sidelined in terms of the wider debate but the fact that half our MPs don't turn up and the ones that do seem only to bicker with each other and not engage the wider debate, it isn't that surprising.

So Theresa May's election gamble might not pay off afterall as latest polls show she may actually lose seats (and even her majority) next week. Her campaign has been an absolute shambles and really shows up how UN "strong and stable" she really is. 

Any fucking idiot that STILL votes Tory after they've committed to stealing yer Granny's house to pay for her social care? then LOL @ you! 

53 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well it would be so great if this horrible politician loses and then somebody tries to stop the hemorrhage of loses of social rights in the UK.  

Or stops Brexit.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

So Theresa May's election gamble might not pay off afterall as latest polls show she may actually lose seats (and even her majority) next week. Her campaign has been an absolute shambles and really shows up how UN "strong and stable" she really is. 

Any fucking idiot that STILL votes Tory after they've committed to stealing yer Granny's house to pay for her social care? then LOL @ you! 

Do you think Labour can get up in this election ?  Would be fantastic if the Tories were booted from power.  I saw Teresa May on the news yesterday and she could not answer a question properly, just stood there and laughed in the most creepy manner. 

19 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

and her equally smug supporters. All of them.

It has been fantastic and pleasing to read how the Tories are losing popularity. Also that Teresa May has run such a dreadful campaign.  She is not as accomplished and clever as she thought she appeared.  Hoping like mad Labour can get up and win. 

On 01/06/2017 at 11:12 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

It has been fantastic and pleasing to read how the Tories are losing popularity. Also that Teresa May has run such a dreadful campaign.  She is not as accomplished and clever as she thought she appeared.  Hoping like mad Labour can get up and win. 

She was as dreadful as usual yesterday, the woody coward. When she speaks she never answers a question straight, she never ever really says anything while producing sounds from the orifice in that revolting face of her. No charisma, no public speaking skills at all which one would expect from a person who has chosen a political career path, a stumbling bipolar muppet who constantly sounds as if she was (mal)functioning out of batteries. Draining power...

Corbyn is as stubborn as the hemorrhoid he caused to his entire cabinet with his inflexibility, even though he eloquently answered questions much much better than the Maycunt-bot. If only he realized in that thick grey whitish head of his that the Labour party will never ever win again under his leadership, that the only way they could do what he pledged to do is by doing a fucking coalition with the Liberal Democrats to prevent those fucking scumbags of vile Tories to further ruin the country.

And these are some of the Tories supporters present last night, members of the audience asking questions, carefully chosen by the ever so biased BBC:

I knew the right wing BBC bias would be in full force for that  programme last night. The amount of hand-picked, red-faced Tories was off the scale. Maybot was her usual self - evasive soundbite after soundbite (I actually think there's something seriously wrong with her, she looks like she's about to drop down dead at any moment) Corbyn was much more impressive. The braying rent-a-mob going on and on about his refusal to "press the red button" were disgusting. Does it not dawn on those seemingly desperate for a nuclear winter that they and theirs would be DUST in such a scenario?

I'd like to give support to Corbyn but can't in good conscience support Scottish Labour, who are actively encouraging people to vote Tory in some constituencies to defeat the SNP. It's so obvious that Corbyn himself allies himself with so many SNP polices but isn't allowed to say it. The Blairite threat within his own party still remains one of his biggest hurdles. Good luck to him though. 

I hope the Tories lose their majority. As an American, it would be nice to see conservatism and ethnic / economic nationalism (Brexit) shut down, like in Austria, The Netherlands, and France, just to rub it in Trumps face. If he's had any effect on the world so far, it's helping other countries come to their senses about what a pugnacious, idiotic, right-wing autocrat could look like in their own country. He's basically handing Merkel a re-election victory. I don't know how they do political advertising in the U.K., but I'd just run television ads with May and Trump holding hands, on a loop, all day long. 

IMG_5454.JPG

25 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

I hope the Tories lose their majority. As an American, it would be nice to see conservatism and ethnic / economic nationalism (Brexit) shut down, like in Austria, The Netherlands, and France, just to rub it in Trumps face. If he's had any effect on the world so far, it's helping other countries come to their senses about what a pugnacious, idiotic, right-wing autocrat could look like in their own country. He's basically handing Merkel a re-election victory. I don't know how they do political advertising in the U.K., but I'd just run television ads with May and Trump holding hands, on a loop, all day long. 

IMG_5454.JPG

This 100%.

Theresa May reminds me of a dementor or someone who has been taken over by a dementor.    She is completely soulless and looks and talks like an empty shell of a person. Her bizarre way of laughing like an evil character out of a cartoon movie and avoiding answering questions is creepy.  

"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them... Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself... soulless and evil. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life."

I know they are fictional characters but describe her perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Theresa May reminds me of a dementor or someone who has been taken over by a dementor.    She is completely soulless and looks and talks like an empty shell of a person. Her bizarre way of laughing like an evil character out of a cartoon movie and avoiding answering questions is creepy.  

"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them... Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself... soulless and evil. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life."

I know they are fictional characters but describe her perfectly. 

DALOq3ZVYAAnf-0.jpg

And btw, poll out tomorrow still has the vile Tories way in front 

COMRES/INDEPENDENT/SUNDAY MIRROR:
Tories - 47%
Labour - 35%

What they really have to galvanise is the younger vote. That's where Corbyn's support is, but unfortunately they never get up off their lazy arses to actually vote.

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

DALOq3ZVYAAnf-0.jpg

And btw, poll out tomorrow still has the vile Tories way in front 

COMRES/INDEPENDENT/SUNDAY MIRROR:
Tories - 47%
Labour - 35%

What they really have to galvanise is the younger vote. That's where Corbyn's support is, but unfortunately they never get up off their lazy arses to actually vote.

I just watched some of the debate online and thought Corbyn was very impressive.  He surprised me a lot.  Maybot was dreadful.  She could not answer any of the legitimate questions thrown at her and also was so dismissive of working wages.  

Re young people, they should be completely ashamed of themselves if they do not vote.  I saw a report the other day where it said that many young people deeply regretted not voting in the Brexit referendum as they did not want Brexit.  Perhaps if they bothered to vote, Brexit would not be happening. No excuses for their apathy, ignorance and laziness.  They will be the ones most affected in the future if they don't speak up and act now. 

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I just watched some of the debate online and thought Corbyn was very impressive.  He surprised me a lot.  Maybot was dreadful.  She could not answer any of the legitimate questions thrown at her and also was so dismissive of working wages.  

He was, but unfortunately the media narrative was all about how weak he is on defence (y'know, because he wouldn't commit to causing a nuclear holocaust) and his so-called ties to the IRA. May and her squirming got off easily again. There was even one daft old bastard in the audience saying "oh I know the Tories will take my house off me with the dementia tax but I'm still gonna vote for them" Unbelievable.

Where is money going in the UK then?  In parts of the EU we got cuttings because our debt is sky-high.  In Germany all the big surplus is going to the hole that the banks,  especially Deutsche Bank. But the UK????  With unemployment at an historical low,  lots of money is going to the Government via taxes.  And yet,  not a rise in 15 years in wages,  while prices rise and rise.  Which has made people angry and ultimately led to brexit.  

But WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING????? 

On 4 June 2017 at 0:29 PM, Hector said:

Nurses deserve to be payed huge wages.  Not only do they look after sick people and work long hours but get abused from the General Public all the time who they are caring for.  To see this horrible woman telling a nurse that there is not a "magic money tree"  after she says she has not had a pay raise for years is deplorable.  The cost of living goes up - but wages stay the same.  I bet this arrogant heartless witch Theresa May does not deny herself a pay rise. 

On 2017-6-4 at 3:29 AM, Hector said:

To put this cunt's words into context, this is a woman who's husband is a senior executive at a trillion dollar investment fund that profits from UK tax avoidance companies like Amazon/Starbucks. How about going after THEM to plant some new money trees, bitch?

Here's a little gift to our European Friends from The Tories and Theresa May (The V sign meaning "up yours" over here)  

Stay Classy, Engerland.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Here's a little gift to our European Friends from The Tories and Theresa May (The V sign meaning "up yours" over here)  

Stay Classy, Engerland.

tumblr_om030t7sOw1so28u7o1_500.gif

18708010.gif

tumblr_ms1dtyCDBA1qlsbqio1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Stay Classy, Engerland.

How nice and sweet

Another pathetic BBC stitch-up for tonight's debate with Nicola Sturgeon. An audience filled with hostile Tories presided over by THIS CUNT who's meant to be an impartial interviewer.

DBlhhI8XYAA8uBw.jpg