Almost 8 Years Ago Already.....Can't Believe It

Skin

3 hours ago, Rachelle of London said:

Are these relatives of Egyptian descent? Did he take them back to being segregated from others? 

Yes they immigrated in 1983

have children and grandsons.

what do you mean by segregated them?

20 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Jesus Christ. 

Some of you in this thread. :blink:

While I certainly don't believe he was worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize, the ire should be placed squarely on  Norwegian Nobel Committee who gives them out like candy to individuals like Mikhail Gorbachev and Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres.

As far as Obama as a president, I believe history will judge him extremely well. He was the lefts Reagan in so many ways. Democrats will be referencing him for generations to come in the same way LBJ & Kennedy are.

To minimize him as just a black man with a good smile is not only inaccurate, but just plain ignorant. This man has been in public service his entire life and devoted himself at an early age to bettering his community in Chicago to the best of his abilities. He understands that 'change' happens at a local level by volunteering and building up individuals within their own community. As someone who sits on various non-profit boards, volunteers about 20-30 hours a week, I appreciate him on a whole host of issues. 

He isn't perfect, but he's a man with great integrity, class, and respect. So is Michelle. Given the two options we have that could be succeeding him, Americans are finally saying to themselves 'Well shit, he wasn't that bad after all'.

I whole heatedly believe he was ahead of his time, and quite frankly, I don't believe this country deserved to have a man like him in office with the way he was treated. The blatant and disgusting racism that was thrown at him over the last 8 years are appalling beyond words. It's sickening, really. Maybe I'm naive, but I never realized HOW racist and bigoted we are as a nation until I saw and heard the behavior from some on the right. 

He will be greatly missed. 

:clap:

Guest Rachelle of London
4 hours ago, fuck yeah! said:

Yes they immigrated in 1983

have children and grandsons.

what do you mean by segregated them?

Segregation laws that were legal 50 years ago in America. If Obama set them back 50 years then surely it must be like that then? 

15 hours ago, fuck yeah! said:

Anwar AlSadat Egyptian president received it in 1978 after peace treaty with Israel & he was a tyrant fanatic leader who changed the identity of Egypt to islamic and caused a lot of harm to non muslims & helped the rise of radical islam , hijab/burka appeared in society during his presidency. He was assassinated by a group of islamist.

sadat.jpg

That is so interesting that you mention Anwar Sadat. At the moment I'm reading Breaking the Mirror of Heaven: The Conspiracy to Suppress the Voice of Ancient Egypt by Robert Bauval, Ahmed Osman. His regime is well documented. Fascinating and scary stuff!

3 hours ago, runa said:

They just have to go back in Egypt if it's so bad. My god, people, sometimes... :rolleyes:

I was pointing out how the Nobel Prize is bullshit.

tawakol karman also another example, she is from yemen 

an american spy who lead her country into chaos and war 

tawakkul-karman-hilary-clintonjpg-f440ea

On 10/7/2016 at 0:17 PM, KalamazooJay said:

Jesus Christ. 

While I certainly don't believe he was worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize, the ire should be placed squarely on  Norwegian Nobel Committee who gives them out like candy to individuals like Mikhail Gorbachev and Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres.

As far as Obama as a president, I believe history will judge him extremely well. He was the lefts Reagan in so many ways. Democrats will be referencing him for generations to come in the same way LBJ & Kennedy are.

To minimize him as just a black man with a good smile is not only inaccurate, but just plain ignorant. This man has been in public service his entire life and devoted himself at an early age to bettering his community in Chicago to the best of his abilities. He understands that 'change' happens at a local level by volunteering and building up individuals within their own community. As someone who sits on various non-profit boards, volunteers about 20-30 hours a week, I appreciate him on a whole host of issues. 

He isn't perfect, but he's a man with great integrity, class, and respect. So is Michelle. Given the two options we have that could be succeeding him, Americans are finally saying to themselves 'Well shit, he wasn't that bad after all'.

I whole heatedly believe he was ahead of his time, and quite frankly, I don't believe this country deserved to have a man like him in office with the way he was treated. The blatant and disgusting racism that was thrown at him over the last 8 years are appalling beyond words. It's sickening, really. Maybe I'm naive, but I never realized HOW racist and bigoted we are as a nation until I saw and heard the behavior from some on the right. 

YES!!!

You and Chelle have said it best. 

He really did bring out the true colors of many people. I'm used to it now, but early on in his presidency, it was shocking to me to see  the way that even other politicians would speak about him. I've heard other president's criticized worse than Obama, but I've never seen a president so blatantly disrespected and talked about as if he was a celebrity, not Commander In Chief. I feel like it's been like that his entire presidency. Of course there's the whole birth certificate thing too which was blatant racism at it's nastiest.

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 0:17 PM, KalamazooJay said:

Jesus Christ.

AMEN!

• 2 weeks later...