Almost 8 Years Ago Already.....Can't Believe It

Skin

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

Sadly things didn't change much. 

He's like the new Pope: incredibly smart in public relations. 

Totally

Unfortunately it's very politically incorrect to say so. But the facts speak tons on their own. He simply continued the neocon Wallstreet brutal financial and economic policies of the previous administration.

He triplicated military expenditure and significantly enlargened US taxpayer debt slavery to China. With the complicity of the Federal Reserve of course that's been busy destroying the US economy for quite a while now. Let's not talk about the Middle East.

The political schizophrenia of France, the UK and Italy greatly helped back in 2011. Gaddafi who was received with the highest political honours in three different countries after 30 years of dictatorship was suddenly persona non grata the moment conspicuous gas deals had been secured.

He's a highly skilled orator for sure and not the telemprompter drunken born again Christian robot puppet Bush Jr was of course. The agenda is the same

1 hour ago, IsaacHarris said:

I literally cried! My mother too.

Same here.  And I am glad he is leaving office with record high approval ratings.  Much deserved.  History will judge him very well.

Guest Pud Whacker

if he was white, people would would feel free to talk about how useless he was.

he was weak.  he was whatever.  he got to where he is with his smile. 

end of story.

8 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I can't believe he won the Nobel Prize tbqh

I can't either

Another PR mention basically. Just like with the Jesuit Pope. But then again most people in Italy let alone outside of it do not know who the Jesuits are and the significance of the first Jesuit Pope in 500 years since the foundation of the IHS Order. And most of them don't care. But when you list a series of acts he has passed and provide facts as to why he was not a good president at all it gets shrugged off. The embellished, Disney version of events prevails, sadly

He was 'useless' because he spent the first few years trying to reason with the unreasonable and squandered away his senate and house advantage. Where he wasn't "useless" was with the economy and jobs.

What he should really do is go and fix the potholes in people's streets. :rotfl: 

14 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I can't believe he won the Nobel Prize tbqh

Yeah, they totally diminished the stature of their awards. But the worst thing is, he accepted it!

I was all for him. So I remember that night too.

But...

He was fair. I'd rate him 6.5/10.

lota of empty promises, several great achievements during his time occurred, not fully because of him though. 

7 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

if he was white, people would would feel free to talk about how useless he was.

he was weak.  he was whatever.  he got to where he is with his smile. 

end of story.

Exactly.  

Hillary thinks the same and will act the same,  but being a woman she will get kicked in the butt every day. 

Guest Rachelle of London

People expect the president to come and solve all their problems that's the biggest issue. There will never be a president that's gonna be perfect. We don't live on a Fantasy Planet. Look at who he replaced and look what's going to replace him. 

That night 8 years ago was absolutely amazing, and given Americas history especially within Obamas lifetime it was indeed a remarkable night. 

5 hours ago, Rachelle of London said:

People expect the president to come and solve all their problems that's the biggest issue. There will never be a president that's gonna be perfect. We don't live on a Fantasy Planet. Look at who he replaced and look what's going to replace him.

That night 8 years ago was absolutely amazing, and given Americas history especially within Obamas lifetime it was indeed a remarkable night.

Exactly.

6 hours ago, Rachelle of London said:

This.

Jesus Christ. 

Some of you in this thread. :blink:

While I certainly don't believe he was worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize, the ire should be placed squarely on  Norwegian Nobel Committee who gives them out like candy to individuals like Mikhail Gorbachev and Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres.

As far as Obama as a president, I believe history will judge him extremely well. He was the lefts Reagan in so many ways. Democrats will be referencing him for generations to come in the same way LBJ & Kennedy are.

To minimize him as just a black man with a good smile is not only inaccurate, but just plain ignorant. This man has been in public service his entire life and devoted himself at an early age to bettering his community in Chicago to the best of his abilities. He understands that 'change' happens at a local level by volunteering and building up individuals within their own community. As someone who sits on various non-profit boards, volunteers about 20-30 hours a week, I appreciate him on a whole host of issues. 

He isn't perfect, but he's a man with great integrity, class, and respect. So is Michelle. Given the two options we have that could be succeeding him, Americans are finally saying to themselves 'Well shit, he wasn't that bad after all'.

I whole heatedly believe he was ahead of his time, and quite frankly, I don't believe this country deserved to have a man like him in office with the way he was treated. The blatant and disgusting racism that was thrown at him over the last 8 years are appalling beyond words. It's sickening, really. Maybe I'm naive, but I never realized HOW racist and bigoted we are as a nation until I saw and heard the behavior from some on the right. 

He will be greatly missed. 

5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Jesus Christ. 

Some of you in this thread. :blink:

While I certainly don't believe he was worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize, the ire should be placed squarely on  Norwegian Nobel Committee who gives them out like candy to individuals like Mikhail Gorbachev and Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres.

As far as Obama as a president, I believe history will judge him extremely well. He was the lefts Reagan in so many ways. Democrats will be referencing him for generations to come in the same way LBJ & Kennedy are.

To minimize him as just a black man with a good smile is not only inaccurate, but just plain ignorant. This man has been in public service his entire life and devoted himself at an early age to bettering his community in Chicago to the best of his abilities. He understands that 'change' happens at a local level by volunteering and building up individuals within their own community. As someone who sits on various non-profit boards, volunteers about 20-30 hours a week, I appreciate him on a whole host of issues. 

He isn't perfect, but he's a man with great integrity, class, and respect. So is Michelle. Given the two options we have that could be succeeding him, Americans are finally saying to themselves 'Well shit, he wasn't that bad after all'.

I whole heatedly believe he was ahead of his time, and quite frankly, I don't believe this country deserved to have a man like him in office with the way he was treated. The blatant and disgusting racism that was thrown at him over the last 8 years are appalling beyond words. It's sickening, really. Maybe I'm naive, but I never realized HOW racist and bigoted we are as a nation until I saw and heard the behavior from some on the right. 

He will be greatly missed. 

giphy_s.gif

Barack & Michelle 4EVER

#YASSSSSSSSSS!

#4MOREYEARS

4 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

They're reaching.

I know you love him and probably proud of him. 

I took these words from their mouth just today , I met them & they are visiting Egypt at the moment.

BTW the Nobel prize is bullshit

Anwar AlSadat Egyptian president received it in 1978 after peace treaty with Israel & he was a tyrant fanatic leader who changed the identity of Egypt to islamic and caused a lot of harm to non muslims & helped the rise of radical islam , hijab/burka appeared in society during his presidency. He was assassinated by a group of islamist.

sadat.jpg

He seek peace with israel and not with the people of his own country.

Guest Rachelle of London
20 hours ago, fuck yeah! said:

From my American relatives : he took America 50 years backwards.

Are these relatives of Egyptian descent? Did he take them back to being segregated from others?