MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Michael Jackson

17 hours ago, karbatal said:

I feel pity for the person who had to write that piece :lmao:

This paper really is the worst in the UK. Nobody reads it anymore so they must be desperate to come up with that story.

tumblr_mq8m05FzfA1rzdeypo2_250.gif

On 11/22/2017 at 12:29 PM, Gus said:

Omgggggggg. "At 40, he will have aged gracefully." I am wheezing.

Aw. I wonder how his career would've turned out if he'd still been around.

Such a shame to have died so young.

17 hours ago, Crux said:

If he's still around, his career would be as dead as Tranet.

His current albums successes are mainly due to record company had tried their best by repackage/redesign/reinvent his album + b sides to make it work and selling out Beatles catalog, something he would never want to do.

No.

If he could have gotten his act together, and genuinely focused on doing some good work, no doubt there would have at least been interest.

Re-invigorating his legacy by actually doing a proper hits show like This Is It was supposed to be would have been a great start.

But he would have had to follow through with all commitments. No fucking around. That means his mental and physical health and well-being would have needed A LOT of work - like, a goddamn miracle.

But no doubt the interest would be there if done right.

21 hours ago, Crux said:

Sadly, with the state of things in 2009 - his extreme sleeping problems and the hazardous drug treatment he used as compensation - I don‘t see him lasting much longer anyway...

If he would have gotten his health problems under control, then yes, we might have gotten the one or other exciting project...As VogueMusic said, This Is It was already a good start and and the hype around the shows also proved there still was a lot of interest in his career too.

But if he didn‘t, his death was just a tragedy waiting to happen IMO.

Omg it’s been 9 years?? 

Son of a bitch.

I’ll never forget hearing it on the radio (I can’t believe I was listening to the radio lol) and pulling over to absorb the news. I remember it being ridiculously HOT.  It really took my breath away. He was the first celebrity loss that truly hit me in the gut. And I wasn’t even the biggest fan per se. 

I think I’ll put on Off The Wall in his honor tonight  

20 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Omg it’s been 9 years?? 

Son of a bitch.

I’ll never forget hearing it on the radio (I can’t believe I was listening to the radio lol) and pulling over to absorb the news. I remember it being ridiculously HOT.  It really took my breath away. He was the first celebrity loss that truly hit me in the gut. And I wasn’t even the biggest fan per se. 

I think I’ll put on Off The Wall in his honor tonight  

Yes, it's amazing how quickly time has flown, but looking back on that day, it felt like the world stopped turning. We lost of a great artist when he died.

Wow, that‘s a weird coincidence...2 days after his son‘s death anniversary...

I always had very mixed feelings about his dad...On the one hand, he was the driving force behind Michael‘s early fame and most likely without him he wouldn‘t have had such an unique career...Then again, the trauma Joe inflicted upon his children (not just on Michael) by taking away their childhoods is pretty much inexcusable...not to mention all the violence they had to endure.

Possibly Michael would have never gotten into that downward spiral, if he had been able to just live a normal life in his youth...So yeah, I don‘t know how to react to these news. Feel sad for the family, but not that much for Joe...

On 5/9/2018 at 5:36 AM, Crux said:

His life was so tormented it felt like a relief he died. 

I'm pretty sure the #metoo

On 5/9/2018 at 2:36 PM, Crux said:

He had already been a mess for two decades. And surely after #metoo ... :censored:

On 6/28/2018 at 12:42 AM, erotica blu said:

His life was so tormented it felt like a relief he died. 

....I felt the same at the time. Everything was such a mess. I remember the announcement for the London resistancey and thinking that’ll never happen, he was still aimlessly wondering around LA dressed as woman in a big hat. He must’ve had so many abusive people surrounding him, it was just all so grim.......I think people now, tend to look back through rose tinted glasses.

On 5/10/2018 at 6:19 AM, Nonoka said:

Sadly, with the state of things in 2009 - his extreme sleeping problems and the hazardous drug treatment he used as compensation - I don‘t see him lasting much longer anyway...

If he would have gotten his health problems under control, then yes, we might have gotten the one or other exciting project...As VogueMusic said, This Is It was already a good start and and the hype around the shows also proved there still was a lot of interest in his career too.

But if he didn‘t, his death was just a tragedy waiting to happen IMO.

True. You know, I always felt that MJ wouldn't live to be a very old man.

To be honest, with all that happened in his life, I'm really surprised he even made it to age 50.

No lie, I remember watching the "This Is It" announcement he made on CNN and I just had this very eerie feeling about him. I just had a bad feeling he wouldn't be around for too much longer.

As for what he'd be doing today if he was still around, well he would continue to be successful just like his little sis Janet.

As Vogue said, there was always interest in Michael. He always had a sizeable fan base even during the worst of times. Music wise, he would have been just fine imo and would still sell at least decently.  

Just like Madonna, he had an advantage because he was an intentional star. Not a local act like so many so there would always be a market for him in terms of releasing new music and touring.

Now would he have been able to follow through with those commitments? That's another story..