MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Michael Jackson

Yes I read too.  Sad news.  

The end of an era yet again. I had little interest in the documentaries made by Spike Lee recently as they had no input from Rod or Quincy, what use are documentaries about Thriller/Off the Wall without the living members of the magic team? Rod wrote masses of classics.

Image result for rod temperton

Guest bluejean

I don't know much about him other than his name from the songwriting credits.

I have never seen this! :rotfl:

Guest bluejean
34 minutes ago, MadFan said:

I love this. Shows what a normal bloke he really was!

9 minutes ago, bluejean said:

I love this. Shows what a normal bloke he really was!

nZOw0P.gif

46 minutes ago, MadFan said:

This is a cute and funny moment though!

Guest bluejean
5 hours ago, billiejean said:

I don't know what they're planning but I wish they'd stop with the Thriller rehashing. They should re-release Dangerous and I also think History needs a release along with its tour. There is seriously so many things they can do instead of milking Thriller again.

Even doing a remix album of his best songs or something. (And I mean good remixes not Kanye destroying Billie Jean and all that.)

Last week my HIStory album died after 21 years, so I bought a new copy and it's just arrived in the post. I'm listening now and forgotten the new version was edited and cut to ribbons. Not only did they edit "Jew" and "Kike" from "TDCAU", the title track "History" is also different. Not a happy bunny right now.

How is the song History different?  I only knew about the TDCAU edits.

33 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

How is the song History different?  I only knew about the TDCAU edits.

I've posted both in the links below....listen to them back to back and you'll hear the differences.

History (Original version) http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/eocGpUUu/file.html

History (New version) http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/DyQNZjff/file.html

Is the new digipack HIStory edition remastered? 

I agree the should stop with Thriller and do something with the 90s, actually my fav music era by MJ. 

Hopefully they are cleaning up the Thriller video, it's such bad quality, there was a clearer version during the Moonwalker montage. Rumours are there might be a 3d release. But yes, Michael had alot of other work that deserves some spotlight.

Rod Temperton, God bless him, said his favourite Michael Jackson song was Stranger in Moscow.

6 hours ago, Crux said:

I've posted both in the links below....listen to them back to back and you'll hear the differences.

History (Original version) http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/eocGpUUu/file.html

History (New version) http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/DyQNZjff/file.html

Isn't just the classical intro different because of a copyright problem? 

Btw I just realized I have the censured edition and I'm little pissed of. 

I was womdering why isn't Quincy Jonas part of the Off The Wall and Bad documentaries by Spike Lee? I'm pretty sure Spike asked him. Spike wants to do Thriller next. 

Guest bluejean
11 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Isn't just the classical intro different because of a copyright problem?

Yes. It uses some famous classical piece but they had to change it due to copyright infringement. The same thing happened to Madonna with The Girlie Show theme.

The original orchestral piece is Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" (Orchestrated by Ravel). Mike also used it in the HIStory Tour a lot (show intro too). 

Too bad they had to change it out.

(Thanks for the heads up Crux!)

Guest bluejean
7 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Do you think I should spend 15 euros for the unedited version of HISstory? 

Yes

Guest bluejean

I have no idea. I would imagine all the brand new versions will be the later versions.

Guest bluejean

Ooh okay. Yes my original copy has that sticker. And the discs are gold. Scratched to oblivion though :lol:

I have the original HIStory version :cool: On a side note, I've been listening to it again recently, and to the most part it's such a great album! Some songs I could have done without, but some others still sound genius so many years on. Stranger In Moscow :inlove:

By the way, all re-releases of "Bad" from 2001 on are edited too. I have the original CD as well as the special edition from 2001 and there are edits made on a lot of songs. Mostly small ones, but for the title track for example they changed the instrumentation and they cut out the intro in I Just Can't Stop Loving You. Just saying...

1 hour ago, Nonoka said:

I have the original HIStory version :cool: On a side note, I've been listening to it again recently, and to the most part it's such a great album! Some songs I could have done without, but some others still sound genius so many years on. Stranger In Moscow :inlove:

By the way, all re-releases of "Bad" from 2001 on are edited too. I have the original CD as well as the special edition from 2001 and there are edits made on a lot of songs. Mostly small ones, but for the title track for example they changed the instrumentation and they cut out the intro in I Just Can't Stop Loving You. Just saying...

they changed the instrumentation on bad??????? where?

Can someone please upload to me the original version of They Don't Care About us plesse? At least I will have it on iTunes! 

2 hours ago, Nonoka said:

The original intro of IJCSLY was released on the single during BAD 20 though.