MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Taylor Swift thread 🐍

vocalism    0
1 hour ago, S.E.X. said:

Gaga will most likely head down the Cindy Lauper/Chritina Aguilera path. 

Taylor idk...She hasn't been a global force since 1989. She will probably end up like Tranet.

Well, Gaga is already doing better than Cyndi and Xtina at this stage. And 1989 was TS's last album so there's no evidence that she's not still a "global force" if she ever was one.

Django    0
10 minutes ago, vocalism said:

Well, Gaga is already doing better than Cyndi and Xtina at this stage. 

Cyndi and Xtina never got that forced push she keeps getting for whatever reason.

tuckeye    0

so she's selling snake merch too, lol. 

all her ex's should present an award that she will win. 

Hector    0
4 hours ago, LSD said:

4 hours ago, todsmod said:
When a bunch of white people move to the ghetto and open up a bunch of cup cake shops
The lower east side has undergone gentrification by homos and hipsters
*taken from urban dictionary*

So Regina is moving to the ghetto and opening up a cup cake shop?  Or is little privileged white girl pretending to be a warrior for the under/middle class?  Maybe "look what you made me do" is her singing about losing all her privileges?  YEA, RIGHT!!!
Again, playing the victim card.  Poor little sweet girl.  Try to blend in, Tay.  
The song is nothing special....but you know the GP is gonna lap it up only because of who she is and the positive attention from the media she receives.  Sad times we're in where these generic girls that have no idea what they're "fighting" for, or against.... it's getting old.  Basically, the meaning of the song is....YOU made me do it.  Blame someone else for being a clueless cunt and a serpent. 
Sorry for ranting.  She makes my skin crawl.

:dead: 

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Not really if your thinking of Puta hahaha.  Reputation comes from Latin and in Spanish is Reputación. 

Yep, I'm Mexican. We joke about that. = Re puta = mega whore. 

tuckeye    0

she looks so evil 

LSD    0

Republican is this album's true title.

Martin B.    0
30 minutes ago, LSD said:

Republican is this album's true title.

👍

Just took a look at iTunes after several hours. Was expecting 'some' sanity to return but no she's STILL like 80-90%:crazy: lmao. People are actually seriously feeling this? and actually pissing away money on this absolute pile of horse shit. :dead: Or is Mariah and her lambs mass buying this.  I wont even listen to it for FREE anymore...anywhere lool. Pinks song is a *masterpiece compared to this! Actually has a melody, meaning and effort and isn't a disgraceful parody of a song like Swifters. I'd absolutely rather have Pink, Kesha or even Demi get the #1 debut next week than Twatty Mayo Snake Girl. 

runa    0
2 hours ago, Django said:

With gorgeous music from Lana, Miley and Katy... why does this shit always wins? People are not only fucking stupid, they have also no taste. 

POST OF THE YEAR

Noo lol is that for real? Where is that from? A promo shoot?

Jazzy Jan    0

Saw a discussion on Taylor last night on the Project and as usual, was perplexed at the female hosts' reaction. They were completely on her side and loved that she was a complete bitch, manipulative and even called her an evil genius.  Things they would hate any other female star to be and continually put down other woman for much less.  Said they loved Taylor, always had and always will. Interesting that the male host  found the lyrics of her song disturbing - about writing names out and underlying one in red and talking of constantly thinking of Karma.  Also how she had taken on the snake image so proudly.  Said it was one big promotional tool as well. 

People support this whiny, victim playing mean girl to the hilt and it is not going to change. Already this song is a smash everywhere.  

6 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Saw a discussion on Taylor last night on the Project and as usual, was perplexed at the female hosts' reaction. They were completely on her side and loved that she was a complete bitch, manipulative and even called her an evil genius.  Things they would hate any other female star to be and continually put down other woman for much less.  Said they loved Taylor, always had and always will. Interesting that the male host  found the lyrics of her song disturbing - about writing names out and underlying one in red and talking of constantly thinking of Karma.  Also how she had taken on the snake image so proudly.  Said it was one big promotional tool as well. 

People support this whiny, victim playing mean girl to the hilt and it is not going to change. Already this song is a smash everywhere.  

:no::doh:

Maddylvr    0
51 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Noo lol is that for real? Where is that from? A promo shoot?

It's a still from the actual video.

7 hours ago, Aries said:

I honestly can't name but a couple songs each for these girls & guys these days racking up all these hits, and breaking records left and right...

Justin, Taylor, 1D, Rihanna, Ariana, DJ Khaled...the list goes on

Same here and the reason is because it's all forgettable.  It's the flavor of the moment but none of these acts are really making an impact with songs that reach multiple demographics.  By that I mean, older people don't have to like/listen to these songs, but you can't possibly NOT know some of them unless you live under a rock.   If a song makes an impact, we all know it.  You've at least heard a memorable chorus, a controversial lyric, something....it's just so boring anymore.  For example, I know One Direction was huge, but I couldn't tell you one song they sang - when *Nsync and Backstreet Boys were huge - who didn't know "I want it that way" or even "Bye, Bye, Bye"? - you might not have known who it was from, but you knew the song.  

Nick    0
1 hour ago, GoodbyeToInnocence72 said:

i can't stand Taylor Swift and her phony victim schtick.

but i do like the new song. kill me now :banghead:

I listen to the song a couple of more times & actually really like it too. Know only two other songs from her cheesy discography. lol

mnino    0

I was gonna give my opinion but this article sums it up perfectly. Taylor is being honest for a change. She's a vengeful Mean Girl that thinks that winking about it will make it more palatable to the masses. What a bitter song. Joyless and borderline psychopathic.

Why Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” Is Such a Colossal Bummer

taylor_swift
“I don’t trust nobody and nobody trusts me.”

Taylor Swift

Whenever Taylor Swift drops a new single, her fans are quick to scour the lyrics for references to real-life beefs and beaus. Her work has been reliably, if loosely, autobiographical throughout her career, down to the secret messagesshe leaves with capitalized letters in her liner notes.

ADVERTISING
Christina CauterucciCHRISTINA CAUTERUCCI

Christina Cauterucci is a Slate staff writer.

•  
  •  

Well, viewing the much-hyped song Swift released late Thursday night, “Look What You Made Me Do,” through an autobiographical lens is a real bummer. The song elevates Swift’s pitiful spoken-word capabilities at the expense of her immense songwriting talent, forcing her to almost rap the chorus of a tune that describes a pathetic existence I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

Advertisement 

It sounds like her grudges occupy so much of her psychic space that there’s hardly room for a personality, let alone anything resembling joy. “The world moves on, another day, another drama drama,” she sings. “But not for me, not for me—all I think about is karma.” While others forgive, forget, and move on to more fulfilling relationships, Swift is consumed by resentment, unable to see past those who’ve wronged her until they suffer. Instead of making a life on her own terms, she follows her nemeses around, obsessing over their slights long after they’ve forgotten them, while she waits for her revenge to chill.

Smart people have said that forgiveness offers a greater benefit to the forgiver than the forgivee, a lesson Swift would have us believe she has yet to learn. “I got a list of names, and yours is in red, underlined” she sings in “Look What You Made Me Do.” There’s another young woman with a list of names in our current pop-culture milieu, and she’s currently sabotaging her relationshipwith one of her few surviving family members over an affront that’s been gathering dust for several years. Arya Stark’s preoccupation with revenge makes for good, action-packed TV. In real life, the immediate gratification of vengeance soon evaporates to leave a gaping hole, a welcoming nest for a snake.

Like Stark, Swift’s self-isolation seemed empowered at first. They don’t need anybody but themselves, and their sharp tongues (or swords) are powerful weapons against those who cause them harm. But the line between self-preservation and self-destruction is thin. Swift makes it clear in “Look What You Made Me Do” that she’s crossed it. When she sings that “the world moves on” while she’s still waiting to get her payback, she’s saying that she stands apart from the world; it’s her against everyone, with no one on her side. “I don’t trust nobody and nobody trusts me,” she sings proudly. It sounds dangerously close to “Nobody likes me / everybody hates me / guess I’ll go eat worms.”

The lyric video Swift dropped along with the song has a paranoid vibe, with messages scrawled on leafless trees, shifty eyes in rearview mirrors, and spray-painted threats inside dark tunnels. There are multiple mentions of Swift rising from the dead and killing old versions of herself, as if every time she’s hurt, she has to create a whole new person to contain the growing mass of fermenting rage that’s chomping away at her insides.

Speaking of which: The video illustrates the chorus of “Look What You Made Me Do” with an ouroboros. Traditionally, the snake eating its own tail is a symbol of regeneration, an infinite circle of life. Swift will always rise from the grave or bounce back from hardships, the image seems to say. But the snake is also nourishing itself on its own flesh. “Ooh, look what you made me do,” Swift sings as the animal annihilates itself. She has no agency, no ability to step away from the edge of the chasm her self-destructive impulses have led her to.

If this song isn’t written as an earnest description of her mental state—if, instead, it’s a send-up of the image the media has created for Swift, which, to be fair, is a real possibility—it’s a pretty lame one. “Blank Space” worked as a light-hearted tribute to Swift’s tabloid reputation as a man-eating cyclone of drama; “Look What You Made Me Do” is neither fun nor funny enough to make for a satisfying meta riff on her reputation. The narrator sounds more bitter than self-aware and, given Swift’s history of well-placed disses, the story sounds too close to the truth.

42 minutes ago, mnino said:

I was gonna give my opinion but this article sums it up perfectly. Taylor is being honest for a change. She's a vengeful Mean Girl that thinks that winking about it will make it more palatable to the masses. What a bitter song. Joyless and borderline psychopathic.

Why Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” Is Such a Colossal Bummer

taylor_swift
“I don’t trust nobody and nobody trusts me.”

Taylor Swift

Whenever Taylor Swift drops a new single, her fans are quick to scour the lyrics for references to real-life beefs and beaus. Her work has been reliably, if loosely, autobiographical throughout her career, down to the secret messagesshe leaves with capitalized letters in her liner notes.

ADVERTISING
Christina CauterucciCHRISTINA CAUTERUCCI

Christina Cauterucci is a Slate staff writer.

•  
  •  

Well, viewing the much-hyped song Swift released late Thursday night, “Look What You Made Me Do,” through an autobiographical lens is a real bummer. The song elevates Swift’s pitiful spoken-word capabilities at the expense of her immense songwriting talent, forcing her to almost rap the chorus of a tune that describes a pathetic existence I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

Advertisement 

It sounds like her grudges occupy so much of her psychic space that there’s hardly room for a personality, let alone anything resembling joy. “The world moves on, another day, another drama drama,” she sings. “But not for me, not for me—all I think about is karma.” While others forgive, forget, and move on to more fulfilling relationships, Swift is consumed by resentment, unable to see past those who’ve wronged her until they suffer. Instead of making a life on her own terms, she follows her nemeses around, obsessing over their slights long after they’ve forgotten them, while she waits for her revenge to chill.

Smart people have said that forgiveness offers a greater benefit to the forgiver than the forgivee, a lesson Swift would have us believe she has yet to learn. “I got a list of names, and yours is in red, underlined” she sings in “Look What You Made Me Do.” There’s another young woman with a list of names in our current pop-culture milieu, and she’s currently sabotaging her relationshipwith one of her few surviving family members over an affront that’s been gathering dust for several years. Arya Stark’s preoccupation with revenge makes for good, action-packed TV. In real life, the immediate gratification of vengeance soon evaporates to leave a gaping hole, a welcoming nest for a snake.

Like Stark, Swift’s self-isolation seemed empowered at first. They don’t need anybody but themselves, and their sharp tongues (or swords) are powerful weapons against those who cause them harm. But the line between self-preservation and self-destruction is thin. Swift makes it clear in “Look What You Made Me Do” that she’s crossed it. When she sings that “the world moves on” while she’s still waiting to get her payback, she’s saying that she stands apart from the world; it’s her against everyone, with no one on her side. “I don’t trust nobody and nobody trusts me,” she sings proudly. It sounds dangerously close to “Nobody likes me / everybody hates me / guess I’ll go eat worms.”

The lyric video Swift dropped along with the song has a paranoid vibe, with messages scrawled on leafless trees, shifty eyes in rearview mirrors, and spray-painted threats inside dark tunnels. There are multiple mentions of Swift rising from the dead and killing old versions of herself, as if every time she’s hurt, she has to create a whole new person to contain the growing mass of fermenting rage that’s chomping away at her insides.

Speaking of which: The video illustrates the chorus of “Look What You Made Me Do” with an ouroboros. Traditionally, the snake eating its own tail is a symbol of regeneration, an infinite circle of life. Swift will always rise from the grave or bounce back from hardships, the image seems to say. But the snake is also nourishing itself on its own flesh. “Ooh, look what you made me do,” Swift sings as the animal annihilates itself. She has no agency, no ability to step away from the edge of the chasm her self-destructive impulses have led her to.

If this song isn’t written as an earnest description of her mental state—if, instead, it’s a send-up of the image the media has created for Swift, which, to be fair, is a real possibility—it’s a pretty lame one. “Blank Space” worked as a light-hearted tribute to Swift’s tabloid reputation as a man-eating cyclone of drama; “Look What You Made Me Do” is neither fun nor funny enough to make for a satisfying meta riff on her reputation. The narrator sounds more bitter than self-aware and, given Swift’s history of well-placed disses, the story sounds too close to the truth.

pretty sure the song was meant to be sarcastic/satire. its amusing how much some folks read into things and are so utterly convinced lol

Jazzy Jan    0
9 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

pretty sure the song was meant to be sarcastic/satire. its amusing how much some folks read into things and are so utterly convinced lol

No, Taylor has been writing and releasing these type of songs since she became famous. She throws her ex boyfriends under the bus while playing the victim, Admits to writing Bad Blood about Katy Perry and hisses at any female who dares to criticise her as being anti-feminist.   She is the ultimate victim playing mean girl and always has been.  

Not to make excuses for Swifty but maybe she has a theme for this album that will play out in the singles/videos of learning that love is better than hate and violence. :IMG_1564:

eu4ria20    0

Man. that is one unfortunate album cover. the more I see it Im starting to wince my eyes. such an odd body posture.

mnino    0
20 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

That's what she was hoping... to label truth as satire. "I hate you... just kidding!" But actions speak louder than words. 

At least she's revealing her true nature, even if unintentionally. Just like Katy revealed that she's a Kat and not a Tiger. That Swish video is pathetic and the total opposite of a roar. Both failed in my opinion. Nicky had the best week.

Nikki    0
3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

you said this before about taylor and how they talk about her in your country. but I have to tell you that I think they're blind fans and that reaction isn't gonna be shared by most other tv show hosts or people in media. i've always had the impression that people don't like taylor.