MadonnaNation.com Forums

2 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Bruno is talented, but creatively, there’s NOTHING to offer! Everything he puts out seems to be an homage/ recreation of something else (that’s usually better).

giphy.gif

BOOM

Ripping off Neneh Cherry, well the sound definitely reminds me of Neneh. 

FXCK take me back in time. 

at NYE someone put his special/show on. he tries so hard to seem like such a relatable guy. that never works for me. the whole special was about how he falls in love with an old fat black woman, serenades her half the time.. it's cute in the beginning but gets old fast. this guy is so safe. I put him in the sam smith and ed sheeran category. 

this is someone who has so much going for him. he can dance well too, but still he does nothing to me

by the way.. I always thought he was latino.. but he obviously wants to fool his audiences into believing that he used to be a poor black guy from Harlem or something. what's up with that? 

everything he does is inspired by someone else. which is fine, but it's too obvious. these millennials lack personality..

9 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

FXCK take me back in time. 

Forgot about this song.

It’s actually really good! 

8 hours ago, Nikki said:

at NYE someone put his special/show on. he tries so hard to seem like such a relatable guy. that never works for me. the whole special was about how he falls in love with an old fat black woman, serenades her half the time.. it's cute in the beginning but gets old fast. this guy is so safe. I put him in the sam smith and ed sheeran category. 

this is someone who has so much going for him. he can dance well too, but still he does nothing to me

by the way.. I always thought he was latino.. but he obviously wants to fool his audiences into believing that he used to be a poor black guy from Harlem or something. what's up with that? 

everything he does is inspired by someone else. which is fine, but it's too obvious. these millennials lack personality..

this. I really think bruno is talented, rpobably the most talented of his generation. but he is still in the paying homage era of his career. he needs to start being himself,or he won´t be a legend. and he needs a great classic album, he is not that young anymore, I mean, I think he is 30, prince already had 5-6 classics at that age, michael 3, george 2...

I love Bruno. Sure his whole career has been an homage to Elvis, James Brown, MJ and Prince but he's a genuine talent.

I enjoy his music.

Bruno is probably my fave out of all the singers in his age range but I agree he needs to step his game up. He's been playing it safe. Time to step out of his comfort zone maybe and try something different.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:40 PM, Nikki said:

He partly is - His father is of half Puerto Rican and half Ashkenazi Jewish descent (from Ukraine and Hungary), and is originally from Brooklyn, New York. His mother emigrated from the Philippines to Hawaii as a child, and was of Filipino, and some Spanish, ancestry.

I like Bruno and his music but this remix is nothing great 👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿

On 1/4/2018 at 10:47 AM, promise to try said:

new single out, Finesse´s: I don´t like the song, is  one of the worst in the album...I bet is a hit.I still don´t get why Verasace on the floor was such a flop.the video is a homage to In living color, a show that I don´t know...but it´s totally 1991-1992.it reminds me of the fresh prince show.anyways, I thought he was supposed to release new music this week: it´s only a remix of a song??? crap. Hopefully he will release Chunky or Perm too, but I´m such a bad person choosing singles that...

It's very derivative, but I still like it and I miss New Jack Swing. And it seems they're pushing Cardi B in any possible way. 

I never liked him.

7 -Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B - Finesse  in the UK midweeks

Do we think Cardi B will be featured in the lead single from Madonna's "Portugal. The album." or one of the album tracks/remixes?

Just now, Je5u5 said:

Do we think Cardi B will be featured in the lead single from Madonna's "Portugal. The album." or one of the album tracks/remixes?

well, looking at the success she is having now...it woudn´t be a surprise

5 minutes ago, promise to try said:

well, looking at the success she is having now...it woudn´t be a surprise

She does list Madonna as one of her favorites and we know how it went with Nicki M.

by the way, Finesse enters at number 7 in the UK this week

I like him but I agree that all that he does sounds like something from the past.  

I am surprised though at the feeling of the new single,  those late 80s rnb beats were so great back then!!!!! 

On 5/1/2018 at 8:40 AM, Nikki said:

The Bruno Mars straight black guy angle sells better than gay Puerto Rican/Philippine Peter Hernandez.

Let's remember the first hit under his belt (although only as a songwriter and producer):

Is there a demo with him on vocals floating around? Should be fun.

number 3 in this week´s b illboard chart.And the album back to number 4!

Blinds saying there’s a sex tape about to leak of him where he takes 5guys loads and plugs it up ?

12 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Blinds saying there’s a sex tape about to leak of him where he takes 5guys loads and plugs it up ?

well...if he releases it with one of his songs, it sure will be a hit!:lol:

seriously, I don´t fell any gay vibes from him

17 hours ago, Suedehead said:

:lmao:

On 1/20/2018 at 1:48 PM, Suedehead said:

tumblr_muwir2ayiJ1qej05do2_250.gif

:dead::dead::dead:

(Though, I wouldn't exactly be surprised...)

9 minutes ago, promise to try said:

wow.has he won in all the categories he was nominated in?

Yeah. Bruno won all six Grammys he was nominated for. 

He also won the three biggest awards of the night:

1. album of the year,
  2. record of the year.
  3. Song od the year.
  4. best R&B song,
  5. best R&B performance,
  6. best R&B album  

Just now, spotlight said:

Yeah. Bruno won all six Grammys he was nominated for. 

He also won the three biggest awards of the night:

1. album of the year,
  2. record of the year.
  3. Song od the year.
  4. best R&B song,
  5. best R&B performance,
  6. best R&B album  

good for him! but his album is not even his best...anyways, I´m happy he won.(song of the year should be Versace on the floor tough)